Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,664 members, 7,801,919 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8631568 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1126) (1127) (1128) (1129) (1130) (1131) (1132) ... (14119) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:18pm On Oct 20, 2014
nitrogen:
I can bet it with anybody that Mourinho will still play his 8-1-1 formation on sunday, though our display wasn't that fantastic today (especially our not so organised defence), still Mou will defend throughout, mark my words!

He will be intimated by the frontline, thereby allowing us to enjoy the possession, and capitalising on counters to tear us apart, but it will backfire!

#teambeatchelseaonsunday.

a draw would be good enough for jose - i fully expect him to start schurlle as the centre forward & put 5 midfielders behind him. that's his way in big games.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mikeywise(m): 10:18pm On Oct 20, 2014
nitrogen:
I can bet it with anybody that Mourinho will still play his 8-1-1 formation on sunday, though our display wasn't that fantastic today (especially our not so organised defence), still Mou will defend throughout, mark my words!

He will be intimated by the frontline, thereby allowing us to enjoy the possession, and capitalising on counters to tear us apart, but it will backfire!

I agree with u on the bolded, chelsea will tear man u apart.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Keky(m): 10:20pm On Oct 20, 2014
Odunharry:
i expect El Tigre to bag a brace/hattrick 2mao
loooooooool

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ibime(m): 10:22pm On Oct 20, 2014
nitrogen:

If Van Gaal try any funny formation to fit in all his attackers, I promise you no less than 4 goals. Chelsea is a ruthless team at sniffing out overloads and weaknesses.

Your best bet is to play 9-1 formation. . . cos I see holes everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:23pm On Oct 20, 2014
another masterclass from daley blind.....

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1799693_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

93% pass accuracy
3 key passes
5 goal attempts
1 goal
100% won tackles.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 10:26pm On Oct 20, 2014
I am concerned at this stage that we are still contending with creativity in the middle.
Until Fellaini came in, we looked a bit flat. . . . . . and the back, still issue.

Our greatest strength, at least until the back sorts themselves out, should be in outscoring an opponent.
The penetration and cutting edge was lacking. Van Persie was just there. . . . . Please do we need to fry egg for LvG to keep Falcao for all 90?

Man U i tire oo

Carrick, i hope his retirement plans are clear. . . . Cos Blind don confirm that position.

Blind's goal, a good case for brain over PAWA
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by McIrx: 10:30pm On Oct 20, 2014
The fact that Januzaj's agent talked up the possibility of his client starting tonight's match,only for the guy to play the full 90 minutes despite playing so poorly,shows that something is wrong with LvG's selection.Otherwise I see no reason why LvG chose to drop the diamond formation that has worked so well for him,also dropping Falcao,so as to accomodate a young chap who's not been in the team's starting 11 this EPL season.Is he trying to please him,or what?
Rubbish! undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:32pm On Oct 20, 2014
Emperoh:
Carrick, i hope his retirement plans are clear. . . . Cos Blind don confirm that position.

Blind's goal, a good case for brain over PAWA

he passed the ball into the net.
we need another like him. carrick should partner him on sunday. play herrera in the hole behind radamel. di maria on the right....any decent player on the left.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 10:33pm On Oct 20, 2014
Odunharry:
If Van Gaal bench Falcao again thunder go fire am
Van Gaal said that Falcao was jetlagged after returning from international duty with Columbia,hence he didn't start Falcao,but rather preferred to use Falcao as a substitute.

But then again,wasn't RVP also on international duty with Holland and should also be 'jetlagged'? How then did LVG fielded him? There's something Van Gaal is not saying!angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:35pm On Oct 20, 2014
Danhumprey:
Van Gaal said that Falcao was jetlagged after returning from international duty with Columbia,hence he didn't start Falcao,but rather preferred to use Falcao as a substitute.

But then again,wasn't RVP also on international duty with Holland and should also be 'jetlagged'? How then did LVG fielded him? There's something Van Gaal is not saying!angry

van persie played in europe, falcao played outside europe. the excuse is a bit sensible.

McIrx:
The fact that Januzaj's agent talked up the possibility of his client starting tonight's match,only for the guy to play the full 90 minutes despite playing so poorly,shows that something is wrong with LvG's selection.Otherwise I see no reason why LvG chose to drop the diamond formation that has worked so well for him,also dropping Falcao,so as to accomodate a young chap who's not been in the team's starting 11 this EPL season.Is he trying to please him,or what?
Rubbish! undecided

he created 0 chance today - a holding midfielder created 3 chances. that just sums it up for him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 10:37pm On Oct 20, 2014
Dimaria7 injured?shockedshocked

This is sooo not cool!sad

Please,someone tell me his injury isn't a serious one.embarassed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ibime(m): 10:37pm On Oct 20, 2014
Danhumprey:

Jetlag is a function of time difference between zones, not of flying on a plane.

Falcaos body clock should be telling him it's nighttime in Colombia whilst Van Persie only travelled within Europe.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 10:39pm On Oct 20, 2014
Ibime:

If Van Gaal try any funny formation to fit in all his attackers, I promise you no less than 4 goals. Chelsea is a ruthless team at sniffing out overloads and weaknesses.

Till weekend Chief, if you get a draw, then you are lucky.

Last season, we were not up to par in terms of performance, and a certain fearful Mou played a 9-0-1 formation against us(first leg), it was when he saw clubs picking points when playing against us, that he saw the need to pick his three maximum points, he is a joker, and he really doesn't believe in his team, even with the fact that he's got consistent back four, and midfielders.

You'll see your Mourinho on sunday.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 10:39pm On Oct 20, 2014
SIRcumalot:
I fuqing hope we're done with the Juan Mata experiment.
OGun kill anybody wey talk bad about rooney for this thread.
Bwuahahahahaha!gringringrin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:39pm On Oct 20, 2014
Ibime:

Jetlag is a function of time difference between zones, not of flying on a plane.

Falcaos body clock should be telling him it's nighttime in Colombia whilst Van Persie only travelled within Europe.

he played in canada & colombia within a space of 4 days & then flew straight back to europe.

his body clock must be in jeopardy by now. i don't pity them though....they make too much money to worry about such.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 10:39pm On Oct 20, 2014
I'll give RVP a pass
We all knew this day was coming,

Luke Shaw played like crap too am watching this dude now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 20, 2014
I guess folks here are secretly praying that mou will park the bus so as to not get blown away.
lol.
I doubt mou will be that foolish.
That would be akin to fighting a rag-tag army with a bettle when you have an F-35.
Mou overestimated united last season,and rectified the mistake in the second leg.
I doubt he would make the same mistake again.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 10:41pm On Oct 20, 2014
coogar:

we need another like him. carrick should partner him on sunday. play herrera in the hole behind radamel. di maria on the right....any decent player on the left.

No pace Bro. . . . . . .because we are not yet strong enough with creativity, some grit might be needed.
I also see, likely, a Valencia at the weekend.
At this stage, my concern is the back. . . . . . for obvious reasons, i know we will score. But not leaking is the key to our keeping it tight.
I feel bad we didn't take all 3 points.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 10:46pm On Oct 20, 2014
coogar:

Nah, Carrick just recovering, the best is to play Valencia(if fit), Blind and D Maria in a 4-3-1-2 formation, with Herrera supporting the two strikers, Herrera and D Maria can switch positions anytime/anyhow. Mata is just so useless these days.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 11:02pm On Oct 20, 2014
Ibime:

All the same,LVG did Falcao alot of good by not starting him and rather playing him as a substitute with few minutes to go,thereby preserving his energy and keeping him fit,in preparation to unleash him on you guys next weekend!grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:02pm On Oct 20, 2014
Emperoh:

No pace Bro. . . . . . .because we are not yet strong enough with creativity, some grit might be needed.
I also see, likely, a Valencia at the weekend.
At this stage, my concern is the back. . . . . . for obvious reasons, i know we will score. But not leaking is the key to our keeping it tight.
I feel bad we didn't take all 3 points.

i thought valencia tore his hamstring.
can he be ready before next sunday? we will need his running in the middle. still can't understand why we don't have a fit team & chelsea keep naming at least 10 starters consistently.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:04pm On Oct 20, 2014
F117AA:
I guess folks here are secretly praying that mou will park the bus so as to not get blown away.
lol.
I doubt mou will be that foolish.
That would be akin to fighting a rag-tag army with a bettle when you have an F-35.
Mou overestimated united last season,and rectified the mistake in the second leg.
I doubt he would make the same mistake again.
so how is it revelation that Mouthinho will park he bus? this is not about hope, it is about what he must do to get anything from the game. this is his LIFE mr man grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 11:06pm On Oct 20, 2014
coogar:
and they said januzaj is ready at this level....
i have never seen a more gutless player. he doesn't even understand the difference between a league game & a friendly football.

he just caresses the ball to no effect, he never went past his marker at any point. send this dude to blackpool till january, abeg. our attack on the right side today was hopeless only because of him.

RVP's only contribution in 90 mins was the shot that hit the post. mata contributed zero. januzaj is hopeless.......jones was an airhead for stepping out in their second goal - left rafael in a no man's land.

credits to blind, fellaini, rafael & herrera, di maria. shaw & rojo were half decent. others were just piss-poor. LVG should never ever try this 4-1-4-1 formation again. we had nothing positive through the middle....that's disturbing.
i dy tell u....
Januzaj playing secondary sch football..
Falcao should have started,he came in and added bite also...

Blind impressed me today..
Herrera ws decent too dspite just coming back 4m injury
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:14pm On Oct 20, 2014
someone was saying Herrera is been shown as scam as the season progresses grin grin grin it is easy to spot humans with pap in skull tho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ibime(m): 11:14pm On Oct 20, 2014
nitrogen:

Till weekend Chief, if you get a draw, then you are lucky.

Last season, we were not up to par in terms of performance, and a certain fearful Mou played a 9-0-1 formation against us(first leg), it was when he saw clubs picking points when playing against us, that he saw the need to pick his three maximum points, he is a joker, and he really doesn't believe in his team, even with the fact that he's got consistent back four, and midfielders.

You'll see your Mourinho on sunday.

You were unbeaten when we played you in the 3rd week of the season. You hadn't shown your true colours at that stage. 2nd leg, we went for the jugular with a 4-0 win. Expect the same again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 20, 2014
Pls, I need a records of all these comments.. grin.. I dey wait, make I deal with Champions league.. grin Sunday go sweet.. grin.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 20, 2014
Ibime:

You were unbeaten when we played you in the 3rd week of the season. You hadn't shown your true colours at that stage. 2nd leg, we went for the jugular with a 4-0 win. Expect the same again.

Ibime, na fear dey catch them.. No reply again, abeg.. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:20pm On Oct 20, 2014
Ibime:

i assume you are not in naija, we could have had an easy bet on tactics. Mouthinho parks the bus or not, no stress cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:31pm On Oct 20, 2014
Ibime:

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:42pm On Oct 20, 2014
I am pained.

This is a match we should have won considering the coming fixtures. We made some expensive individual errors. Our defence need to strike an understanding. If we had If we had Jones and Samlling we should have won today. I am not saying Rojo is bad, but there was lack of understanding. The first goal was Rojo's error in taking eyes off his man. The second goal was between Rojo and Rafael. Common sense tells that when your partner pushes up the field to mark a striker/player, you cover quickly and close up the remaining striker. It's even more worrisome because Rojo was previously with him before Jones pushed up. Rafael on his part was not alert to the offside trap set by his CBs.

West Brom scored from just two shots. That's bad for us. The positive is that we score two goals every match. I still believe our game will soon gel.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:50pm On Oct 20, 2014
Video: Ed Woodward call one of his signing a ‘fucking waste of money!’
http://90thmin.com/video-ed-woodward-call-one-of-his-signing-a-fucking-waste-of-money/

Vine: Did Ed Woodward call one of his players a f*****g waste of money?
The United supremo cut a frustrated figure in the stands and was caught on camera either saying: "F*****g waste of money", or "f*****g hell, what's the point". You decide.

We are not sure who the comment was directed at. It certainly wasn't Maroune Fellaini who scored a cracker. And there are plenty of big money signings wearing the red of Manchester United. Jaun Mata is a better guess as the Spaniard struggled to make any impact before being taken off.
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/vine-did-ed-woodward-call-one-of-his-players-a-fg-waste-of-money-30679775.html
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:53pm On Oct 20, 2014
^^^ lol are you an automated lip reader now?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1126) (1127) (1128) (1129) (1130) (1131) (1132) ... (14119) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Baldg and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.