Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,239 members, 7,807,806 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1239) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8661847 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1236) (1237) (1238) (1239) (1240) (1241) (1242) ... (14138) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 8:08am On Nov 28, 2014
Manchester United have received a huge injury boost in the form of Marcos Rojo as the center back returned to training this week. The Argentine international suffered from a shoulder injury in the game against Manchester City in the 1st week of November and has missed the last two games. The 24-year old isn’t match fit yet which means he could miss the next game against Hull City this Saturday but could be in contention for his side’s clash against Stoke on December 2nd; exactly a month after suffering the injury. rojo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:31am On Nov 28, 2014
coogar:

you don't know how to argue!

[/img]

I take it that you have accepted defeat.

coogar:

how's his age affecting anything? gerrard is older and he's still playing for his club. terry is about 33 and he's still chelsea's best centre back.

It is a well known fact that players don't age the same. Some retire early. Shaw pushed Cole out of Three Lions. Nothing special that Cueta pushed him out of Chelsea.

Remember too, William pushed Mata out of Chelsea. grin

coogar:

you have a problem with comprehension.
i said rafael & azpili are the only defenders in the league that don't back up when attacked. they go head on with the player in possession to buy time for the retreating defenders. you can never see rafael move backwards with his arsë when he's bombarded - nor azpili.....they deal with the threat wherever they find it!

You did not stop here. You went further to state that Azpilicueta doesn't get beaten. However, I like this aspect of their games. But Rafeal doesn't even tackle much.

coogar:

it's the same......
opponents would attack the weakest point in the defence. this is why you always get drowned in any argument. there was a particular arsenal game that SAF pitched nani against clichy & it was the only route we exploited all game.

in that wise, you would say because clichy lost or won more tackles than his opposing full back, then clichy is better? ivanovic isn't a full-back, he gets räped constantly. the only reason he's in the chelsea team is the height advantage & aerial prowess. aerial duels isn't the same as 50-50 ground tackling that rafael/azpili are kings!

You have committed suicide here. Azpilicueta makes more tackles (won and lost overall total). In your analysis, he is the weak since it seems he is patronized most. You also have to note that you don't need head to make clearances.

coogar:

yea, i concluded it by proving to you rooney created nothing from the imaginary hole you put him: all our wingers created more key passes than rooney that season.......it then goes to show rooney wasn't in the hole - he's in the front 2 like falcao & RVP were in the early stage of the season.

i asked you which of falcao/RVP was in the hole and you were dancing like dhamendra in gazaab(tongueless & clueless). i asked you again who was in the hole when yorke/cole were striking for us & you couldn't provide any credible rebuttal. how can you be clued up when you don't even know rooney's position in 2011/12?

I punctured whatever you submitted about Rooney regarding 2011/12. We did not play front two like we use RVP and Falcao this season. If you checked Rooney's passes from the middle and heat map, you would see a big gap between him and Chicha/Welbeck. Rooney had activities in the attacking midfield similar to other attacking midfielders. Zonal Marking told us Rooney played behind the striker. Remember too, in January, you were arguing Rooney was our lead striker.

Someone like you would come back in three years time to tell us Sanchez played as number 9 this season.

coogar:

exactly - that is the sign of a good defender. it's the ones who rarely makes tackles or buzz about the pitch like maniacs that are the effective ones. a good defender shouldn't be making more than 1/2 tackles per game. his positioning is enough to ward off the opponents - azpili's brilliance is further rubber-stamped when stats show he's not gotten a single yellow card this season.

You have committed suicide here again. The type akin to Judas, because you have betrayed yourself. Azpilicueta is the one making more tackles and getting caught out. If not for Matic I am sure Chelsea would have suffered so much from 'Cueta's often dive and miss.

coogar:

he's always on point with his tackling unlike branislav! if this was a boxing bout, ivanovic wouldn't even be fit to wear the same badge as azpili. if you can be effective as azpili without making yourself a card magnet then you are 100% perfect! there's a reason the pundits are raving about azpili & it's because what they see back up the statistics.

azpili bodybagging ivanovic since 1876

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1898700_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

This your stat of ours is always screwed. You deleted goals and added assists.

Secondly, the chart doesn't tell even half a story. Tackles here won't tell you how many tackles he lost. How many times he put Chelsea in trouble for mis timing his tackles.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dhellake: 8:32am On Nov 28, 2014
chrisley024:
Where u saw that? I saw 4-6 weeks
Whats left in the year is not up to 6 weeks
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:35am On Nov 28, 2014
Dhellake:

The matches are very many.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:36am On Nov 28, 2014
Dhellake:
U're right. Was thinking it's a season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:05am On Nov 28, 2014
coogar:

he's the best defender in the league!
he attacks tenaciously, he defends even more brilliantly. what's more? he doesn't make mistakes or get caught upfield as a result of walkabouting like evra, ashley, gibbs, clichy, etc. he's 100% perfect!

that's the player chelsea fans should be hyping, not hazard.

This was the reason I reacted. How can someone whose porosity from tackles is 30% be tagged as perfect? Particularly where there are make shift defenders whose porosity is less than 10% even with more tackles per minute.

You earlier praised Rafael. While I will also praise him for his attempts to tackle high up the pitch, I must also mention his high porosity and the fact that he doesn't even tackle often.

The above were the reasons I replied in the first instance. It's unfortunate the argument has now spread to other areas. I don't intend to continue with this argument having made my observation.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 9:39am On Nov 28, 2014
chrisley024:
sportskeeda.com

but nw im seeing 4-6wks
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 28, 2014
chrisley024:
4 weeks out means he won't play again in 2014
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:46am On Nov 28, 2014
elampiro:

I take it that you have accepted defeat.

accept defeat?
you have brought shame to our house again, this is the first time in many months a chelsea fan(ibime) would question the intelligence of a united fan.

ivanovic is meat for any good winger. no one has been able to beat azpilicueta yet, there are many chelsea videos on the internet. go & bring out any goal conceded by chelsea that is a direct fault of azpili. you wouldn't find any.

It is a well known fact that players don't age the same. Some retire early. Shaw pushed Cole out of Three Lions. Nothing special that Cueta pushed him out of Chelsea.

shut up!
how did shaw push cole out? how many games did shaw play at the world cup? shaw ko, seashore ni.

Remember too, William pushed Mata out of Chelsea. grin

of course, mata is 33.

You did not stop here. You went further to state that Azpilicueta doesn't get beaten. However, I like this aspect of their games. But Rafeal doesn't even tackle much.

he doesn't get beaten!
i said it, ibime has also confirmed it and neville + carragher also said so. what do you know?

You have committed suicide here. Azpilicueta makes more tackles (won and lost overall total). In your analysis, he is the weak since it seems he is patronized most. You also have to note that you don't need head to make clearances.

you are a soccer illiterate!
azpili doesn't make more tackles - he wins more tackles & his brilliance is further demonstrated by the number of interceptions he makes. interception > tackling. if azpili makes more interceptions + blocks + winning tackles than ivanovic then hang your head in shame!

I punctured whatever you submitted about Rooney regarding 2011/12. We did not play front two like we use RVP and Falcao this season. If you checked Rooney's passes from the middle and heat map, you would see a big gap between him and Chicha/Welbeck. Rooney had activities in the attacking midfield similar to other attacking midfielders. Zonal Marking told us Rooney played behind the striker. Remember too, in January, you were arguing Rooney was our lead striker.

you are a pathological liar!
you didn't offer a single reply after i posted the number of key passes each winger & striker made that season. you just went to bed straightaway cos you knew you had been buried in 6-feet pit.

why are you lying to us when the facts aren't far-fetched?

Someone like you would come back in three years time to tell us Sanchez played as number 9 this season.

arsënal play 4-2-3-1.
how can sanchez be a number 9? are you a goat?

You have committed suicide here again. The type akin to Judas, because you have betrayed yourself. Azpilicueta is the one making more tackles and getting caught out. If not for Matic I am sure Chelsea would have suffered so much from 'Cueta's often dive and miss.

azpilicueta is the energy bunny freak of nature that cannot be beaten. usually, fullbacks who have high interception stats rarely win tackles.....but azpili has won more tackles with more interceptions than ivanovic.

a forward has more goals & assists than the other and you are still arguing like a silverback ape that the one with less goals & assists is the better one. which other stats is more important than tackling, blocks & interceptions to a defender?

This your stat of ours is always screwed. You deleted goals and added assists.

this is when one would say you are clueless. since when did goalscoring become the important factor in defenders? after lying to us in the last 2 pages that there's no single stat where azpili is better than ivanovic, you are starting to dance like a harlem-shaker again.

Secondly, the chart doesn't tell even half a story. Tackles here won't tell you how many tackles he lost. How many times he put Chelsea in trouble for mis timing his tackles.

the chart won't tell a story to a morön - but it does tell a beautiful story to a genius. the stats have told us azpili wins more tackles, makes more interceptions, get more blocks & he's not received a single yellow card so far this season - unlike ivanovic who's had 4 yellow cards already.

this turf is for the football intelligentsias - elampawa, you are not qualified to even have a bite of the exegesis involved here. this is not facebook where you can make blanket statements. in all the stats that matter to defenders, azpili subdued ivanovic brick by brick. he's the best defender this season by a country mile -

neville/carragher could have chosen baines or ivanovic but the issue isn't about goalscoring - they were looking for a defender who attacks at will & still manage to defend excellently. the most balanced, most brilliant & the most perfect defender in the league is azpili!

QED!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 1:52pm On Nov 28, 2014
Louis van Gaal has said that Marcos Rojo and Falcao could be in his match squad of 18 tomorrow. On the competition for places, the boss said: "Every player in my selection has to fight for his position."

The main news from the press conference concerns Luke Shaw, with the manager confirming that he has an ankle ligament injury but, thankfully, there are no serious complications. He says the left-back will be out for the next few weeks.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 3:30pm On Nov 28, 2014
Louis van Gaal confirms he handed
holiday to Daley Blind, reveals he
returned on Monday
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 4:31pm On Nov 28, 2014
Boys in training 4 2mao's match

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 4:33pm On Nov 28, 2014
more..

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 4:43pm On Nov 28, 2014
ok

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 5:00pm On Nov 28, 2014
Odunharry:
ok

Is that Anderson or his ghost? shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 5:20pm On Nov 28, 2014
Karleb:

lol....na Anderson.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SetrakusRa(m): 5:26pm On Nov 28, 2014
Odunharry:
ok

So this phat boy even qualifies for training sessions? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 5:55pm On Nov 28, 2014
SetrakusRa:

maka gini? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 5:56pm On Nov 28, 2014
SetrakusRa:

lol...na manutd player na,make im no train?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:59pm On Nov 28, 2014
SetrakusRa:

i honestly will like to see him on the pitch very soon, so I can confirm with my own eyes if he has really become worthless, surely he can't be that bad! he's only played one game this season, the Capital One - na wa ooo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 6:05pm On Nov 28, 2014
Karleb:

I had to use X ray glasses to be sure!

He does not even feature in the makeshift games. Was he injured or he had not shed of enough weight to play.

I hope LvG gives him a chance again, just that things are quite complicated and there too many players jostling for positions that might make that not happen.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 6:39pm On Nov 28, 2014
codedguy1:

I had to use X ray glasses to be sure!

He does not even feature in the makeshift games. Was he injured or he had not shed of enough weight to play.

I hope LvG gives him a chance again, just that things are quite complicated and there too many players jostling for positions that might make that not happen.

This might interest you http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/anderson-reaching-sorry-end-once-promising-8049758

*in LVG voice * You have to fight for a position in my team!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:57pm On Nov 28, 2014
coogar:

accept defeat?
you have brought shame to our house again, this is the first time in many months a chelsea fan(ibime) would question the intelligence of a united fan.

ivanovic is meat for any good winger. no one has been able to beat azpilicueta yet, there are many chelsea videos on the internet. go & bring out any goal conceded by chelsea that is a direct fault of azpili. you wouldn't find any.

shut up!
how did shaw push cole out? how many games did shaw play at the world cup? shaw ko, seashore ni.

of course, mata is 33.

he doesn't get beaten!
i said it, ibime has also confirmed it and neville + carragher also said so. what do you know?

you are a soccer illiterate!
azpili doesn't make more tackles - he wins more tackles & his brilliance is further demonstrates by the number of interceptions he makes. interception > tackling. if azpili makes more interceptions + blocks + winning tackles than ivanovic then hang your head in shame!

you are a pathological liar!
you didn't offer a single reply after i posted the number of key passes each winger & striker made that season. you just went to bed straightaway cos you knew you had been buried in 6-feet pit.

why are you lying to us when the facts aren't far-fetched?

arsënal play 4-2-3-1.
how can sanchez be a number 9? are you a goat?

azpilicueta is the energy bunny freak of nature that cannot be beaten. usually, fullbacks who have high interception stats rarely win tackles.....but azpili has won more tackles with more interceptions than ivanovic.

a forward has more goals & assists than the other and you are still arguing like a silverback ape that the one with less goals & assists is the better one. which other stats is more important than tackling, blocks & interceptions to a defender?

this is when one would say you are clueless. since when did goalscoring become the important factor in defenders? after lying to us in the last 2 pages that there's no single stat where azpili is better than ivanovic, you are starting to dance like a harlem-shaker again.

the chart won't tell a story to a morön - but it does tell a beautiful story to a genius. the stats have told us azpili wins more tackles, makes more interceptions, get more blocks & he's not received a single yellow card so far this season - unlike ivanovic who's had 4 yellow cards already.

this turf is for the football intelligentsias - elampawa, you are not qualified to even have a bite of the exegesis involved here. this is not facebook where you can make blanket statements. in all the stats that matter to defenders, azpili subdued ivanovic brick by brick. he's the best defender this season by a country mile -

neville/carragher could have chosen baines or ivanovic but the issue isn't about goalscoring - they were looking for a defender who attacks at will & still manage to defend excellently. the most balanced, most brilliant & the most perfect defender in the league is azpili!

QED!!!!

All hail him. King of liars.

See this Ekwe sample hypocrite questioning goals stat for a defender while he was the one who first brought Assists stat. What does assist got to do with a defender? Are you confused? When one murders you to your argument you cry fowl.

Anuy way, FIFA has settled this case since and stat don't lie. Azpilicueta has a high porosity rate in tackling. Someone like Agmed Musa will kill him for breakfast.

As for the Rooney's case, I have punctured everything you ever put forward with superior evidences.

Kpele!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:23pm On Nov 28, 2014
The fact That Aziplicueta a RB as kept a very fine LB like Luis out of Chelsea's starting Team says it all.

I need Falcao to start tomorrow over RVP. All this news hasn't been encouraging.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 8:24pm On Nov 28, 2014
so na only how to run Rooney dey do for training!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:57pm On Nov 28, 2014
SIRcumalot:
The fact That Aziplicueta a RB as kept a very fine LB like Luis out of Chelsea's starting Team says it all.

What about Ivanovic who has kept players out from the centre back and right back. He has also can play comfortably well from the left back.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 9:32pm On Nov 28, 2014
na 3point sure pass 2mao
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 9:59pm On Nov 28, 2014
In 2011/2012 season, Rooney had the highest number of long passes in the team apart from the DDG. The next was Carrick. Rooney had 238 long balls while Carrick had 218. Berba had only 4, Chicha 15 and Welbeck 17. Yet we are being misled Rooney led the line.

Rooney, Carrick and Anderson needed about 15 minutes to make an accurate long pass. The best in the team behind Scholes. Berbatov needed 170 minutes while Welbeck 145, Chicha 145. Yet we are being told Rooney was on top.

Short passes. Among the wingers and forwards, Rooney again made far more short passes per minute. Also more accurate short passes per minute. Only Valencia is the forward player (excluding CMs and defenders) who was better than Rooney. This can be understood because Valencia played in defence. Yet, we were made to believe Rooney played as the top man.

Crosses. Stats show that the wingers were the ones involved in crosses. This shows me they were the ones taking set plays, thereby helping them to a high assists, together with Rooney's diagonal passes to them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by vickertony(m): 10:22pm On Nov 28, 2014
SIRcumalot:

I need Falcao to start tomorrow over RVP. All this news hasn't been encouraging.
well said
stop the Argument!!!!!! grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 10:24pm On Nov 28, 2014
18 March 2012, Wolves 0 Man United 5
Rooney 76 passes, Chicharito 18 passes. Both played for 90 minutes.
Only Scholes made more passes than Rooney. Welbeck played from the left wing and made only 45 passes. Yet we would be made to believe both Rooney and Chicha played as two strikers like RVP and Falcao. cheesy cheesy

26 March 2012, Man United 1 Fulham 0.
Rooney 47 passes, Welbeck 18. Welbeck subbed at 62 mins, Rooney 78 mins.

14 January 2012 Man United 3 Bolton 0
Rooney, 60 passes, Welbeck 25. Welbeck subbed 77 mins. Only Carrick had more passes than Rooney.

I just want to stop here. The records are there forever.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Talsima: 10:26pm On Nov 28, 2014
vickertony:
well said
stop the Argument!!!!!! grin

The argument has been stopped by stats and facts, then FIFA. Azpilicueta is easily beaten. That's the koko of the argument. Tackles.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:49pm On Nov 28, 2014
SIRcumalot:

which Luis you dey talk about? mtcheew. them dey talk about footballers you dey call Victor Brown

(1) (2) (3) ... (1236) (1237) (1238) (1239) (1240) (1241) (1242) ... (14138) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: PendragonVII and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.