Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,743 members, 7,802,270 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8632704 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1286) (1287) (1288) (1289) (1290) (1291) (1292) ... (14119) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:34pm On Dec 15, 2014
elampawa the king of lies.....

elampawa:
You dont pay attention to details. I said came in 7 mins from kick off. It's in my original post.

stop lying, this was your original post....

elampa-LIES:

* How do you explain this? Rooney had more passes than Carrick against Bolton, had a last man clearance and scored a hatrick. Yet he was the number 9. grin. A number 9 equaled Carrick in number of passes.

https://www.nairaland.com/871307/official-manchester-united-fan-thread/1285#28905493

where in that post did you mention anything relating to 7 minutes? cheesy grin cheesy

even your 7 minutes is another lie you fabricated from the arsë of a baboon. carrick came on after the 25th minute. it means rooney had a whooping 25 minutes headstart before carrick even kicked the ball.

elampawa, come & defend this lie. cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Shirley07: 11:49pm On Dec 15, 2014
leggo:
lol.. Illiteracy will kill you Messi creates more chances , records more assists, has more accurate passes in the opposition half , and to top it of scores baskets. Please check for the definition of a playmaker - a player through which most of the offensive play goes through. Stop blabbing over a single game, wilshere also outplayed xaviesta but where is he now?
As usual, Messi's fanbois are the most unrealistic people ever.
The word 'playmaker' should tell you its meaning already. Playmaking isn't about creating chances. Understood?

Why does every pundits often liken Xaviesta to Zidane/Scholes? Why didn't they liken Messi to such players, ignoramus? That should tell you Messi isn't one.

Wilshere is not even a playmaker to begin with, he's a box to box midfielder.
Infact, what Wilshere did against Barca was to dominate Xaviesta with his presence, runs and energy; he never outclassed Xaviesta as opposed to Silva who was class above every player on the pitch in that game and the playmaking skills he displayed in that game were out of this world.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:53pm On Dec 15, 2014
coogar:

you are a pathological liar....
carrick came on after the 25th minute. the difference isn't 7 minutes.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/505554/LiveStatistics/England-Premier-League-2011-2012-Bolton-Manchester-United

Whoscored tells me the changes was made at 7th minute.

Rooney was our 4th top passer among the active players of 2011/2012. Behind Scholes, Carrick and Giggs on per minute.

Lastly, I just saw some hit maps and clips. Coolie-guy tortoise, you lied that Rooney was our corner kick taker. Lies. Rooney scored from Giggs corner from the right side and Young's corner from the left flag.

Rooney was mostly passing to the wingers and running into the box to wait for a cross. Rooney scored more than half of his goals from crosses.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:55pm On Dec 15, 2014
coogar:

where in that post did you mention anything relating to 7 minutes? cheesy grin cheesy

even your 7 minutes is another lie you fabricated from the arsë of a baboon. carrick came on after the 25th minute. it means rooney had a whooping 25 minutes headstart before carrick even kicked the ball.

Coolie-guy
, this is my defence. I did not manufacture it. www.whoscored.com/Matches/505554/LiveStatistics/England-Premier-League-2011-2012-Bolton-Manchester-United
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:59pm On Dec 15, 2014
Coogar lied to us Rooney was taking corner kicks.

I saw at least two goals Rooney scored from corner in 2011/2012. From Giggs (right flag), Young (left flag). grin Liverpool and Tottenham respectively.

Rooney scored many of his goals from crossings and moves from the wings. Man United played via the wings. Rooney would just run into the box to head/shoot in or even shot from outside the box.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 12:00am On Dec 16, 2014
Shirley07:

Infact, what Wilshere did against Barca was to dominate Xaviesta with his runs and energy; he never outclassed Xaviesta.

100% Agree
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 12:01am On Dec 16, 2014
Shirley07:

As usual, Messi's fanbois are the most unrealistic people ever.
The word 'playmaker' should tell you its meaning already. Playmaking isn't about creating chances. Understood?

Why does every pundits often liken Xaviesta to Zidane/Scholes? Why didn't they liken Messi to such players, ignoramus? That should tell you Messi isn't one.

Wilshere is not even a playmaker to begin with, he's a box to box midfielder.
Infact, what Wilshere did against Barca was to dominate Xaviesta with his presence, runs and energy; he never outclassed Xaviesta as opposed to Silva who was class above every player on the pitch in that game and the playmaking skills he displayed in that game were out of this world.
you sir ,are silly. Playmaking is not about creating chances?are you telling me a player who makes a play cannot by so doing create a chance? Young man resume your remedial classes
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 12:04am On Dec 16, 2014
Shirley07:

Are you compairing the dutch league to the Premier league? You're obviously nut.
Let me also made it known that Oscar has started 212 games between the space of 2012-2014. He's played in the u20 tournament, south america u20, olympic tournament and has started 93 games for Chelsea in two season + 32 games this season; and has had over 43 caps for Brazil within the space of 2 years of his emergence.
Don't also forget that Chelsea signed immediately after his olympic campaign and this olympic campaign happened after he has had over 38 starts for his brasil club (internacional) that very year.
Now compared to Eriksen who's only had 172 games in the space of 4 years (2010-2014), in which majority of them were in a weak dutch league. That should tell you there's no comparison. And let me ask you, if Oscar isn't a playmaker, who's brazil's playmaker?
Let me also made it known to you that Oscar was a CM for his internacional team in the brasil league and it was this role he starred in that caught the attention of the Brazil national team coach (Scolari) who selected him for the Olympic, where he went on to be Brazil's best player in that tournament. It's still a surprise that such a little frail looking player had played 212 games in the space of 2 years. You got to respect him. And he's class above Mata.
u see ur self ...we were arguing about mata n Oscar who was better n u cunningly shifted d discussion to playing time, rubbish!!! I only mentioned eriksen n Wesley cos u mentioned age ,nothing more n we r not comparing leagues,bring out Oscar's stats n compare it to mata's den maybe we will talk ,for now,I put it to u dat u hate Juan mata with all ur life
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Shirley07: 12:07am On Dec 16, 2014
coogar:

messi is better than any playmaker in the world. if he plays in the hole, he's deadly, if he's upfront, he's even deadlier. it's a travesty to compare silva to messi in any way. there's nothing silva can do better than messi. messi can dribble more, run faster, pass better, create more chances & score more goals.

shirley07 needs to buy HDTV.....
Silva orchestrate play, Messi can't. Enough said.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Shirley07: 12:10am On Dec 16, 2014
leggo:
you sir ,are silly. Playmaking is not about creating chances?are you telling me a player who makes a play cannot by so doing create a chance? Young man resume your remedial classes
Is that what a playmaker role is all about?
Go and bang your head on the wall. I'm done lecturing you.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 12:12am On Dec 16, 2014
^^^^^^ n by de way Oscar is nowhere near d best 20 mid fielders of dis era ,u can't even compare him with kagawa during his first time at Dortmund ,if it were in d old days ,I bet u Oscar would be cleaning Mata's boots every Saturday ...please don't compare d both,it's like comparing a Nokia 3310 to an LG G3 ,u can compare Oscar with d likes of Willian ,Paulinho or Ganso
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 12:20am On Dec 16, 2014
Shirley07:

Is that what a playmaker role is all about?
Go and bang your head on the wall. I'm done lecturing you.
okay okay let me explain this to you in your over complicated lingo- messi makes plays and still creates more chances than silva. Totti who played as a false-9 for most of his career is one of the most regarded playmakers of the modern game. If totti is a playmaker why won't messi be?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Shirley07: 12:29am On Dec 16, 2014
parrotibaba:
u see ur self ...we were arguing about mata n Oscar who was better n u cunningly shifted d discussion to playing time, rubbish!!! I only mentioned eriksen n Wesley cos u mentioned age ,nothing more n we r not comparing leagues,bring out Oscar's stats n compare it to mata's den maybe we will talk ,for now,I put it to u dat u hate Juan mata with all ur life
You brought up why Mourinho signed Fabregas and I told you the reason.
Everyone and his dog knows that Oscar was totally burnt out in the 2nd half of last season as a result of playing so many games non stop.
Infact, the first thing any commentator say about him whenever the camera zoom on him is to talk of how many games he has played so far. In order to manage him well, Fabregas was signed and how old is Fabregas? He's 27yrs old. That's should be roughly 3 years fabregas has at the top for Oscar to take over.
After telling you this, you proceeded to bring in Eriksen into the discourse. Eriksen who's only started half of the games Oscar had played and Oscar did it within the space of 2yrs. So, how are they comparable?
Also, I've said it times without no that a playmaker primary role and responsibility isn't to create chance but to orchestrate play. Him creating chances is just a bonus, nothing more
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:41am On Dec 16, 2014
Coolie-guy hands up now:

Man Utd 3 - 1 Chelsea
18 September 2011
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/14869914

Three corners recorded for Ashley Young. United had 4 corners. The fourth was nt mentioned. Young for United and Mata for Chelsea in terms of taking corners.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/14773055

Another one. Three corners taken by Anderson, one from Young.
United 8 Arsenal 2
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/14606020

Man United had three corners in the match. Anderson took two while Young took one.

YetCoolieguy said 'cos RVP had not arrived, Rooney took all the corners. Ukwu! When you watch clips and read reports, you would see Young, Anderson and Giggs taking our corners. Free kicks from distance were also taken by them. Rooney only took direct free kicks from within 25 yards. So, we can conclude Rooney's 5.4 long balls per match were from midfield to wingers.......
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by homesteady(m): 3:54am On Dec 16, 2014
Shirley07:

Silva orchestrate play, Messi can't. Enough said.

errmmm... when last did you watch barcelona play? undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 3:57am On Dec 16, 2014
^^^ I think too much of FM isn't too good... grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:50am On Dec 16, 2014
coogar:

You like insults too much. You don't pay attention to details. Go to pages 1239 and 1285( yesterday) the post below is being published a 3rd time.

Also, reports states Cleverley was substituted at 7th minute due to a bad injury. Cleverley had only one touch in the game.

Talsima:
Rooney was always one of our highest passers in matches of 2011/2012 except when played as a lone striker without Welbeck, Chicha and Berba on the pitch.

In some occasions only a central midfielder having more passes, or one CM and one defender. Mostly among the top passers when started with Chicha or Welbeck. When Rooney scored a hatrick vs Bolton sept 12 2011, only Anderson and Rio had more passes than Rooney. He made more passes than Carrick who came on in 7th minute. When we beat Arsenal 8-2, Rooney was among the very top passers. I have checked many. How can a top 9 be among the top passers for a team in matches. Rooney must be an alien.

Let me log out jor. I know say dem go post at 3am.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:04am On Dec 16, 2014
^^^ continuation.

* whoscored has it that Cleverley/Carrick substitution too place on 7th minutes. Cleverley had only one touch in the game.

* Man United official report: When Chicha scored on 5th minute.
United had actually taken the lead without a full compliment of players. At the time of the goal, Cleverley was receiving treatment for an ankle injury after a poor challenge from Davies. Bolton had their best opening of the half while Cleverley was en route to the dressing room, but Rooney was on hand to hack Chris Eagles’ volley off the line after a goalmouth scramble. Michael Carrick was duly introduced to restore equality in personnel. http://www.manutd.com/en/Fixtures-And-Results/Match-Reports/2011/Sep/bolton-v-united-report.aspx

* goal.com: 8' Substitution Tom Cleverley Michael Carrick
8' SO CLOSE! Bolton go straight down the other end following Javier Hernandez’s goal and twice have efforts cleared off the line. Wayne Rooney is the hero for Manchester United, clearing from Chris Eagles after Jonny Evans blocked Ivan Klasnic’s effort.
6' GOAL!! That didn’t take long! Javier Hernandez makes an instant impact on his return to the starting line-up, getting on the end of Nani’s right-wing cross to guide the ball past Jussi Jaaskelainen at his near post. Superb start for the Mexican.
http://www.goal.com/en/match/bolton-wanderers-vs-manchester-united/1117070/live-commentary?ICID=MP_MS_3

I was too tired to clear this last night.

Yet Coogar called me a liar. What he does whenever he has been defeated comprehensively. Also another thing I want to emphasize now, he told lies about Rooney taking corner kicks to get his long balls/pass stats. Anderson, Young and Giggs were our corner kicks takers. These is captured on match by match basis. I have seen where to verify this on match by match basis about players who took all the corner kicks. So, no more controversies on that.

Lest I forget, if you add Cleverley+Carrick passes, Rooney had more passes. With his hatrick, someone would think he was our top 9..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 10:38am On Dec 16, 2014
@Shirley u hv not given me stats to proof dat Oscar was a better playmaker Dan Mata at Chelsea... till u do so,case closed

In other news

Rooney: Manutd can win d EPL

Dis is d first time in over a year dat our players believe dat de can win d EPL title, last season ,it was only Moyes ,despite languishing in 7th position, desperately clung to d belief of winning d title
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:17am On Dec 16, 2014
leggo:
okay okay let me explain this to you in your over complicated lingo- messi makes plays and still creates more chances than silva. Totti who played as a false-9 for most of his career is one of the most regarded playmakers of the modern game. If totti is a playmaker why won't messi be?

a playmaker is someone who dictates play..moves all about the pitch stringing passes together..and controlling the game. he decides when the team attacks and the tempo and speed with which the game is played, etc

messi is a great player but when it comes to playmaking yaya toure z better than he is.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:21am On Dec 16, 2014
parrotibaba:
@Shirley u hv not given me stats to proof dat Oscar was a better playmaker Dan Mata at Chelsea... till u do so,case closed

In other news

Dis is d first time in over a year dat our players believe dat de can win d EPL title, last season ,it was only Moyes ,despite languishing in 7th position, desperately clung to d belief of winning d title

If utd continues winning streak till the end of January, we'd prolly be topping the table.

Moyes z an a22hole. he killed the team spirit and confidence
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:40am On Dec 16, 2014
Wayne Rooney says a Premier League title bid is very much on the agenda at Old Trafford.

They are still eight points behind leaders Chelsea but, with a lot of points up for grabs in the coming weeks, Rooney thinks United could quickly erode that deficit.

"I think we have to believe we can win the title, we are eight points behind and coming into a busy period. If we can win our games and the others have one bad result, then there is nothing there.

"We have to keep winning our games, hopefully get back to the top, and you never know.

"We won the league two years ago and we weren't great in a lot of those games but we got the results.

"We have shown a great resilience this season. Some of the games haven't gone the way we would like but we are winning them and that is a great quality to have.

"We have been here before but we have a lot of new players and this is where the experience of myself, Michael Carrick and Darren Fletcher can rub off on the other players."

[Source: Skysports]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:40am On Dec 16, 2014
elampiro is a born liar.....

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1946693_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

that's the fact right there that carrick didn't get on the pitch until the 25th minute in the game against bolton. when cleverley got injured & when carrick came on didn't coincide. united played with 10 men for a short period before carrick got on the pitch.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:42am On Dec 16, 2014
Leyqute:

If utd continues winning streak till the end of January, we'd prolly be topping the table.

Moyes z an a22hole. he killed the team spirit and confidence

What a tall dream!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:24pm On Dec 16, 2014
coogar:
elampiro is a born liar.....

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1946693_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

that's the fact right there that carrick didn't get on the pitch until the 25th minute in the game against bolton. when cleverley got injured & when carrick came on didn't coincide. united played with 10 men for a short period before carrick got on the pitch.

* You are a real funny person. You should only call someone a liar if the person came up with a story from the blues. But here I am giving you evidence after evidence. 5 different report saying the same thing.

* I have given you several commentaries to back up. Here is another from Eurosports:

5' Fergie is already up in arms after Kevin Davies brings down Tom Cleverley with a less than clever challenge.

6' We wondered how sharp Hernandez would be - there's your answer. Typical Hernandez goal, superb movement from the Mexican. 5'GOAL!!! HERNANDEZ!! Classic poacher's position at the near post, where he races in and guides Nani's right-sided cross past Jaaskelainen.
7' Meanwhile, Tom Cleverley has been undergoing treatment following that Davies challenge. Will he be able to continue?
8'Martin Petrov whips a shot just wide from the edge of the box. A lively start at the Reebok Stadium! 7'OFF THE LINE!! The Bolton bombardment commences, United cannot clear convincingly and Rooney blocks an Eagles shot on the line!
9' Tom Cleverley is forced off and Michael Carrick replaces him following that Kevin Davies challenge. You can be sure Fergie will have something to say about that... [/b]. https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/premier-league/2011-2012/bolton-wanderers-manchester-united-453920.html#yeug-football-matchcast

* 10' An early - and not surprising - change for Manchester United, with Michael Carrick replacing Tom Cleverley.[/b]
9' Worth mentioning that moments before that Javier Hernandez goal, Tom Cleverley was on the receiving end of a nasty challenge from Kevin Davies. No malice in the challenge from the Bolton skipper, but the Manchester United midfielder was in serious pain and had to leave the field.
8' Substitution Tom Cleverley Michael Carrick http://www.goal.com/en/match/bolton-wanderers-vs-manchester-united/1117070/live-commentary?ICID=MP_MS_3

* Another link. http://www.soccerpunter.com/soccer-statistics/England/Premier-League-2011-2012/match/1117070_Bolton_Wanderers_FC_vs_Manchester_United_FC
1 5' J. Hernández
(assist by Nani)
8' T. Cleverley --- out
8' M. Carrick----- in
K. Davies 13'------------ Yellow
0 - 2 20' W. Rooney
(assist by P. Jones)
M. Davies 20'-------------Yellow
0 - 3 25' W. Rooney
0 - 4 58' J. Hernández
61' A. Young out
61' R. Giggs in
C. Eagles 61'
D. Pratley 61'
62' J. Evans out
62' C. Smalling in
K. Davies 66'
D. N'Gog 66'
0 - 5 68' W. Rooney
(assist by Nani)
I. Klasnić 75'
T. Şanlı 75'

See more at: http://www.soccerpunter.com/soccer-statistics/England/Premier-League-2011-2012/match/1117070_Bolton_Wanderers_FC_vs_Manchester_United_FC

You could only have called me a liar if I manufactured this substitution time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 12:36pm On Dec 16, 2014
elampiro:

What a tall dream!
dude we live in d theatre of dreams which comes true cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:45pm On Dec 16, 2014
elampiro:

What a tall dream!

I said probably ooo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:53pm On Dec 16, 2014

You could only have called me a liar if I manufactured this substitution time.

the reason you are a liar is the fact that you brought up a match where rooney & carrick didn't spend the same number of minutes on the pitch. i have asked you to find another game where both spent 90 mins on the pitch & rooney attempted/completed more passes than carrick & you have been dancing skelewu with irrelevant points.

on that same day, anderson completed 66 out of his 78 passes, rio had 54/56 & nani(a winger) had 42/53 - same number of passes as rooney but nani even completed more. so how does the game against bolton prove your point that rooney wasn't a striker in 11/12?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1947147_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1947148_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

even if we agree for arguments sake that rooney only spent 7 more minutes than carrick, rooney attempted only 2 more passes than carrick in 7 minutes. grin and that must have been when the match kicked off. carrick completed more passes(46) to rooney's 39.

so how does this prove rooney wasn't a striker in the game? when cleverley got injured, rooney musta been drafted into the midfield alongside anderson to keep the shape to 4-4-1 till carrick got on the pitch. so why would you use this rubbish example at all if you weren't a compulsive pathological liar? you think i don't have access to 11/12 season on opta? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Shirley07: 2:06pm On Dec 16, 2014
@elampiro and Coogar, what are you busy arguing about?
Whether Carrick came on the pitch at so so time or not OR Rooney chipped in longballs or not, it doesn't change the fact that neither are playmakers.
No doubt Van Gaal is relying on Carrick to be the playmaker but the truth is Carrick is a holding midfielder masquarading as a deeplying playmakers, same as Blind.
And for the record, Long passes are majorly for switching play to the wings, which is just a section of playmaking.
Orchestrating is not all about pinging long ball. If it was, Charlie Adam would be the best playmaker the world has ever known.
That said, what Manutd need to complete the jigsaw is a playmaker, not steel. A playmaker is what the team has ever need since Scholes retired. I still remember the 2010 CL final where our midfield of Carrick and Giggs was getting overrun by Barca's midfield but I noticed the moment Scholes came on for the last few minutes, everything changed although all hope was lost then as were already 3-1 down. Can't believe I cried that day.
Anyway, Scholes' little cameo made me realise the team need a playmaker. Herrera isn't one neither Blind nor Carrick.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Shirley07: 2:20pm On Dec 16, 2014
parrotibaba:

In other news

In his wildest dream, not when the team is relying on luck to bail them out. Anyway, who knows what will happen in Jan window.
That said, I don't know what better playmaker you're talking about 'cos Mata was never a playmaker to begin with. And I told you already, a playmaker work isn't measured by goals and assists.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:23pm On Dec 16, 2014
Coogar,

I think one of your major ptoblems is that you don't pay attention to details. I can't keep repeating myself.

The only one more thing I would say is that Cleverley only touched the ball once in 5 minutes he spent on the field. So we could say that was Carrick. At the end, Rooney competed more passes than Carrick+Cleverley. The time between Cleverley's injury and Carrick's introduction was 4 minutes the highest.

If you want to change the argument, na you know. I never said Rooney had more passes than Carrick in the season. I used different matches and season passes per minute to prove that Rooney had far more passes than other forwards, and even defenders

For instance:
18 March 2012, Wolves 0 Man United 5
Rooney 76 passes, Chicharito 18 passes. Both played for 90 minutes. shocked
Only Scholes made more passes than Rooney. Welbeck played from the left wing and made only 45 passes. Yet we would be made to believe both Rooney and Chicha played as two strikers like RVP and Falcao.

And Rooney was said to be 9? Ukwu!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:30pm On Dec 16, 2014
Shirley07:
@elampiro and Coogar, what are you busy arguing about?
Whether Carrick came on the pitch at so so time or not OR Rooney chipped in longballs or not, it doesn't change the fact that neither are playmakers.
No doubt Van Gaal is relying on Carrick to be the playmaker but the truth is Carrick is a holding midfielder masquarading as a deeplying playmakers, same as Blind.
And for the record, Long passes are majorly for switching play to the wings, which is just a section of playmaking.
Orchestrating is not all about pinging long ball. If it was, Charlie Adam would be the best playmaker the world has ever known.
That said, what Manutd need to complete the jigsaw is a playmaker, not steel. A playmaker is what the team has ever need since Scholes retired. I still remember the 2010 CL final where our midfield of Carrick and Giggs was getting overrun by Barca's midfield but I noticed the moment Scholes came on for the last few minutes, everything changed although all hope was lost then as were already 3-1 down. Can't believe I cried that day.
Anyway, Scholes' little cameo made me realise the team need a playmaker. Herrera isn't one neither Blind nor Carrick.

That argument has nothing to do with playmaking.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1286) (1287) (1288) (1289) (1290) (1291) (1292) ... (14119) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: AdisaOwala, afrodoc2 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.