Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,787 members, 7,802,459 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1306) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8633359 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1303) (1304) (1305) (1306) (1307) (1308) (1309) ... (14119) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:58pm On Dec 22, 2014
Dadehmola:

and how exactly does bale solve this problem, bearing in mind that LVG has said rooney's best position isn't as a centre foward?
of course Rooney is center forward, Falcao is a center forward. we may even end up needing just one per game. a 4-3-3 requires just one CF & so does a 4-2-3-1 depending on the type of defensive midfielder purchased
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 11:11pm On Dec 22, 2014
I don't like the dimension this little argument is taking.

Dadehmola:

Marco reus hasn't rejected us in the past. Bale shunned our advances in July last year. Wether you like it or not, it's the bitter truth.

OK then.

Both are players who can function in the hole and can also do a job coming infield from the wings.

Ps; are you telling me reus is like bale? cheesy
when did I say this?
Who brought reus into the issue in d first place undecided
Mata too can 'do a job' while coming infield from the wings.
Why not just stick him there and play 433

Same with Rooney and a host of others.

Then why did you use the barca example? Barca bought Suarez for 70m, only to settle for cheap mediocres like mathieu and vermalen as defenders grin

Pietro Rico.. Players like Suarez should be bought when available. What has Suarez added to that barca side as we speak? cheesy

so who were the expensive non mediocres that suares prevented them from buying?
Have u already adjudged shares to be a failure at Barcelona?

He doesn't need a 160m on the wings before his philosophy can be implemented.

So he should get isco to be our winger. Lol.
And the isco would come for peanuts.
Great

When you sacrificed, I want to believe you mean "benched".

So you are actually suggesting that we pay 40m for falcao, (300k/week) only to start sacrificing him?

Or that captain rooney ( who has to play every game, according to the coach) should be benched?

*in elampiro's voice* ukwu!!!!!
no. I meant completely cut off. every time I've listed those players Rooney has always been the last. That should mean something to anyone that cab reason.

[/quote]

ke e I said earlier, We can as well trigger messi's release clause, afterall, I can't imagine anybody preferring bale to messi under whatever circumstances.

again u are seriously derailing from the line of argument..
I'll draw u back.
-it's a rumour that doesn't even sound true
-we're assuming it were true he indeed is interested in coming
The messi analogy just doesn't cut it
Because he is neither available nor interested.
If he were then I wouldn't say no to him coming either.

We don't need 100m gareth bale, period!!
yea. young and Valencia would do just fine.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 11:11pm On Dec 22, 2014
SailorXY:

of course Rooney is center forward, Falcao is a center forward. we may even end up needing just one per game. a 4-3-3 requires just one CF & so does a 4-2-3-1 depending on the type of defensive midfielder purchased

LVG said it clearly that rooney's best position, isn't as a CF (his selection has buttresses this on numerous occasions.) Fat boy himself has admitted that a midfield role could prolong his career. Playing him as a sole CF even looks more unlikely. #i may be wrong tho#

I stand to be corrected but it seems as rooney's days as CF are numbered.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 11:57pm On Dec 22, 2014
PietroRico:

I don't like the dimension this little argument is taking.

Don't get worked up - it's just two man utd fans exchanging views and ideas. smiley

PietroRico:

when did I say this?
Who brought reus into the issue in d first place undecided

I brought reus and Isco into the mix (as alternatives to bale). You then said Isco isn't a winger (and used the carzola example). Maybe I should do it this way ; what are the differences between Isco and reus and why do you think the German is more suitable as a winger (like bale is)?

I didn't mean to imply what you never said. No vex..

PietroRico:

so who were the expensive non mediocres that suares prevented them from buying?
Have u already adjudged shares to be a failure at Barcelona?

"Barca is in a position to buy four players," vice president Javier Faus told Catalunya Radio. "We have between 50 and 60 million euros net for signings." news.yahoo.com/barcelona-transfer-budget-60-million-euros-084033530.html

That interview took place at the end of last season. As you can see, Barca spent a large chunk of that money on a "player that must be bought when available". What was the result? They started chasing cheap defenders and a mediocre rakitic (when compared to fabregas).

If I may ask, Barca have spent around 130m on both neymar and Suarez. What have those "must buy when available" players contributed to the cause of the team as we speak?

PietroRico:

So he should get isco to be our winger. Lol.
And the isco would come for peanuts.
Great

Isco shouldnt cost more than half of what bale will cost, both in transfer fees and wages. We both know this.

PietroRico:

no. U meant completely cut off every time I've listed those players Rooney has always been the last. That should mean something to anyone that cab reason.

You listed the players that can be benched for bale and I expressed shock that a newly acquired 40m/300k player and the team's captain (who the gaffer has said must always play) are on the list. What's bad in that?

PietroRico:

again u are seriously derailing from the line of argument..
I'll draw u back.
-it's a rumour that doesn't even sound true
-we're assuming it were true he indeed is interested in coming
The messi analogy just doesn't cut it
Because he is neither available nor interested.
If he were then I wouldn't say no to him coming either.

Since you said we should flaunt our wealth at the slightest opportunity, we can as well start by triggering messi's release clause, afterall barca should be obliged to sell, if that happens.

PietroRico:

yea. young and Valencia would do just fine.

I have given you the other options on the table.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 7:58am On Dec 23, 2014
10points
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:09am On Dec 23, 2014
bigkesh:
10points
you are three points ahead, better focus on your ambitions
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SetrakusRa(m): 8:09am On Dec 23, 2014
OK, at first, we shouldn't strengthen our attack when we lack defenders. Now, we can get Isco or Cuadrado but not Bale.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 9:36am On Dec 23, 2014
I don't understand why we are talking about Bale or why he would even consider leaving real madrid. Makes zero sense to me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:45am On Dec 23, 2014
MrTA:
I don't understand why we are talking about Bale or why he would even consider leaving real madrid. Makes zero sense to me.
because of the rumors. any player can consider leaving any team, its just business for many.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 10:45am On Dec 23, 2014
SailorXY:

you are three points ahead, better focus on your ambitions
mayb when u focus on ur ambition of being better than west ham nd soton, nd stop thinking about chelsea
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 11:36am On Dec 23, 2014
bigkesh:
mayb when u focus on ur ambition of being better than west ham nd soton, nd stop thinking about chelsea
when last did chelsea win the Epl?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:49am On Dec 23, 2014
bigkesh:
you are living in illusion if you think your Chelshit has any edge by being 10 points clear of United. I'm sure that adds one more title to your meagre collection.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 3:14pm On Dec 23, 2014
SailorXY:

you are living in illusion if you think your Chelshit has any edge by being 10 points clear of United. I'm sure that adds one more title to your meagre collection.
if 10points is not an edge, then i wonder what is
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 3:17pm On Dec 23, 2014
leggo:
when was d last time we had a proper striker
[email]
leggo:
[/email]
leggo:
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 3:23pm On Dec 23, 2014
Ok wait..... BALE TO MAN U, THEN HAZARD LEAVES FOR MADRID.....loosing double ways ..... WOULD AV BEEN WORRIED IF MOU WASNT D COACH.......... NEVER GONNA HAPPEN
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 3:26pm On Dec 23, 2014
bigkesh:
if na me be you i go just leave this thread in shame....

U cant put United and Chelshit in the same sentence
Tell me in what way Chelshit is better than United..
Trophies?sponsors?popularity and fanbase,Valuation?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 3:27pm On Dec 23, 2014
bigkesh:
[email] when was d last time we had a proper striker
[/email] when was d last time we had a proper striker
eto,drogba,torres are not strikers abi?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pelvicky(m): 3:29pm On Dec 23, 2014
bigkesh:
[email] when was d last time we had a proper striker
[/email] when was d last time we had a proper striker
bigkesh, use ur brain wisely now....must u come here to derail this God made thread.

U are a chelsea fans....admit! Y don't u go 2 ur thread.nd U must be above 20 o?

Pls ignore him@all man.u fans
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 3:36pm On Dec 23, 2014
Manchester United to launch
extraordinary world record£120m bid for Real Madrid star
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 4:33pm On Dec 23, 2014
bigkesh:
Ok wait..... BALE TO MAN U, THEN HAZARD LEAVES FOR MADRID.....loosing double ways ..... WOULD AV BEEN WORRIED IF MOU WASNT D COACH.......... NEVER GONNA HAPPEN
grin grin grin so if Madrid sef decide to sell their Benz, na Kia them go use replace am abi? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 4:56pm On Dec 23, 2014
pelvicky:
bigkesh, use ur brain wisely now....must u come here to derail this God made thread.

U are a chelsea fans....admit! Y don't u go 2 ur thread.nd U must be above 20 o?

Pls ignore him@all man.u fans
y d insult, we are both defending our teams.... Cant it b done without insults
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 5:02pm On Dec 23, 2014
SailorXY:

grin grin grin so if Madrid sef decide to sell their Benz, na Kia them go use replace am abi? grin grin grin
well they sold zobo recently for the price of hennessy, nd bought a colombian hot drink for its real price
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 5:04pm On Dec 23, 2014
Odunharry:

eto,drogba,torres are not strikers abi?
eto? Injuries nd performs only at d bridge....... Drogba at his peak won us d league......... I wnt even talk abt that guy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 5:07pm On Dec 23, 2014
[quote author=Odunharry post=29137149]
if na me be you i go just leave this thread in shame....

U cant put United and Chelshit in the same sentence
Tell me in what way Chelshit is better than United..
Trophies?sponsors?popularity and fanbase,Valuation?
[/quote story for the history books..... Currently we are d boss
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 23, 2014
SailorXY:

hahahahahahah

Wicked#

in Elampiro's voice

#Ukwu#
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 5:58pm On Dec 23, 2014
Erm... can we stow on d Gareth Bale talk n discuss better things?

Bale will never come to man united because;

(1) He is happy in Madrid; his girlfriend currently resides with him in dia mansion n he is learning Spanish as we speak

(2) He ditched us for Madrid; so dis is not about d money ,if it was ,he would hv been playing for us but it's not n even if we had offered to pay him €400,000 per week, he still won't come

(3) He is a galactico now; it's like Manutd's class of 99 ,to be mentioned as part of dis group of players is a thing of pride n self joy ,look at Rodriguez, after d world cup 3 clubs came for him(Madrid, Man united n Barcelona) but he clearly stated dat he wanted to play for Madrid, same as ronaldo ,kaka etc even Suarez(if Liverpool sold him last year)

(4) Real Madrid are winning trophies again; forget d running around of Barcelona ,we all know dat R.Madrid is currently dominating LA liga n Europe n to top it ,de r winning trophies now unlike b4 so why d hell would he come to man united in our current situation even if we would mk him richer...?

(5) It's bloody R.Madrid mates; Real Madrid is d most successful club in d world ,de r every kid's dream n if y'all hv forgotten, our successful players move to Madrid, especially from d galactico era,de hv d cash ,de allure ,d success to lure d best players to dia club... If Madrid n Barcelona aren't rivals ,I bet Messi would hv been playing for them

So let's close d Bale chapter n focus on our problems, like d kind of defenders we need, how we will survive dis festive period(i.e 2 games in 3 days) n how to tackle our injury problems
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:01pm On Dec 23, 2014
bigkesh:
well they sold zobo recently for the price of hennessy, nd bought a colombian hot drink for its real price
any generation where Chelsea can put up a player worth £60m, come back for banter.

after Abrahamovic helped your pub side with £50m for puff-puff, the puff-puff sef was still baked without salt cheesy cheesy cheesy . you even still dey spend money to maintain the puff-puff smh vigorously

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:13pm On Dec 23, 2014
parrotibaba:
Erm... can we stow on d Gareth Bale talk n discuss better things?

Bale will never come to man united because;

So let's close d Bale chapter n focus on our problems, like d kind of defenders we need, how we will survive dis festive period(i.e 2 games in 3 days) n how to tackle our injury problems
its like you don't know cash rules everything around us. Ronaldo had his ego massage continuously after the 100m outlay on Bale. assuming he was given slightest feel that he is no longer numero uno, the man will be gone - allure or no... there's nothing like 'it's my dream to...' pffft! its all cash & trophy-opportunities. once another club can present both when the player in question feel disillusioned in current employers; my guy that's it, GONE.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:21pm On Dec 23, 2014
bigkesh:
Chelshit is presently no. 1 on table, United is presently no. 3... just apply common sense, this is no Neuro-surgery lecture

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 6:46pm On Dec 23, 2014
SailorXY:

its like you don't know cash rules everything around us. Ronaldo had his ego massage continuously after the 100m outlay on Bale. assuming he was given slightest feel that he is no longer numero uno, the man will be gone - allure or no... there's nothing like 'it's my dream to...' pffft! its all cash & trophy-opportunities. once another club can present both when the player in question feel disillusioned in current employers; my guy that's it, GONE.
if money rules d game , Steven Gerald should be in Chelsea or city now, it's dat simple .,.but passion for a particular club trumps all
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 7:02pm On Dec 23, 2014
LVG on the 'Gareth Bale to Man.United' rumour.

http://m.goal.com/x/en-gb/news/7349052

Well,it seem the rumour might be true.lipsrsealed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 7:17pm On Dec 23, 2014
Louis van Gaal may just assemble the brightest team Manchester have witnessed since the millennium, the type that will make rivals poop their pants only thinking of a clash.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1303) (1304) (1305) (1306) (1307) (1308) (1309) ... (14119) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.