Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,923 members, 7,799,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1518) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8617301 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1515) (1516) (1517) (1518) (1519) (1520) (1521) ... (14118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:27pm On Mar 29, 2015
coded01:

For where? shocked

What is he doing in stoke? From Chelsea - Liverpool - Stoke... shocked Still young! 24yrs... grin

Is he improving or what? grin

is it only Victor Moses you saw on my list? I like him. Thats all. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:31pm On Mar 29, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
grin grin grin

Chai... ELAMPS BABA

ELENU

Moses scored 4 goals as a winger in 427 minutes. Torres, a striker scored 6 goals in 810 minutes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 11:33pm On Mar 29, 2015
elampiro:

is it only Victor Moses you saw on my list? I like him. Thats all. cheesy

It only shows my surprise @ his inclusion... grin

Others are fine but your favorite one seems to be going from one club to another for trials... grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:34pm On Mar 29, 2015
* Mourinho love for players who could add defensive duty meant Moses had to be sent away.

* Liverpool had some players who played their best football ever and Moses, a newbie, couldn't find the confidence to settle.

Before his injury he was Stoke best player and one of the best in EPL in August and September 2014.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 11:35pm On Mar 29, 2015
elampiro:

Moses scored 4 goals as a winger in 427 minutes. Torres, a striker scored 6 goals in 810 minutes.

Can you tell us where Torres is playing @ the moment? grin

Why is going for trials @ every club instead of maturing... grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 11:37pm On Mar 29, 2015
elampiro:
* Mourinho love for players who could add defensive duty meant Moses had to be sent away.

* Liverpool had some players who played their best football ever and Moses, a newbie, couldn't find the confidence to settle.

Before his injury he was Stoke best player and one of the best in EPL in August and September 2014.

I can see the trend here, like you said you like him so you will defend him no matter what... tongue --- Why you defended Ikedia just like you do every day with Rooney! lipsrsealed

When players like Bojan are bossing around in stoke, you talking Victor... grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:41pm On Mar 29, 2015
coded01:

It only shows my surprise @ his inclusion... grin

Someone who won us the nation's cup? Without him, Ethiopia were sending us home from group stage. He was a problem for Ivory Coast and Mali. He won the tournament 2nd best, and it could be argued he was cheated.

He did well in the qualifying matches too. Later Keshi had to shake his confidence when he said he wasn't playing to instruction and not retracting enough.

coded01:

Others are fine but your favorite one seems to be going from one club to another for trials... grin grin

I dont get it. Who else on the list? Oliseh played for 6 big clubs. Not his fault he was needed everywhere.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:42pm On Mar 29, 2015
coded01:

Can you tell us where Torres is playing @ the moment? grin

Why is going for trials @ every club instead of maturing... grin

Torres is not my guy na. You know who to ask about Torres.

You dey trol?

Bye!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 11:45pm On Mar 29, 2015
elampiro:

Torres is not my guy na. You know who to ask about Torres.

You dey trol?

Bye!

Na even you dey troll! grin

Why bring in torres for this matter? angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 11:47pm On Mar 29, 2015
elampiro:

Someone who won us the nation's cup? Without him, Ethiopia were sending us home from group stage. He was a problem for Ivory Coast and Mali. He won the tournament 2nd best, and it could be argued he was cheated.

He did well in the qualifying matches too. Later Keshi had to shake his confidence when he said he wasn't playing to instruction and not retracting enough.

I dont get it. Who else on the list? Oliseh played for 6 big clubs. Not his fault he was needed everywhere.

Who fault is it if he refused instructions? angry

Are you for real? Comparing Oliseh's importance to Victor's for the National Team... shocked grin I rest my case... lipsrsealed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:53pm On Mar 29, 2015
Moses scored more goals more than Oscar, Hazard and Mata combine together and he was the one to go. Talk of frustrating Nigeria players.

Oscar 407 mins
Moses 427 mins
Mata 493 mins
Hazard 452 mins

Imagine.

Pass accuracy. Moses beat Oscar in chances created as well as pass accuracy per minutes.

Moses was second behind Hazard in dribbling.

Whoscored rated Moses the best for Chelsea in the Europa.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:56pm On Mar 29, 2015
coded01:

Who fault is it if he refused instructions? angry

Are you for real? Comparing Oliseh's importance to Victor's for the National Team... shocked grin I rest my case... lipsrsealed

You have a problem understanding English?

Oliseh is on my list. Moses on my list and you are talking about comparison. I don't get you people at all. I was even praising Oliseh for his movements from club to club.

Some of you guys need to go study logic in school. I don tire for u sef.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:57pm On Mar 29, 2015
coded01:

Na even you dey troll! grin

Why bring in torres for this matter? angry

To prove that Moses was the true highest scorer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:58pm On Mar 29, 2015
elampiro:

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 12:07am On Mar 30, 2015
Ikedia graduated from secondary school in 1994. I think he attended Mafoluku

Ikedia had good speed and dribbling ability, It was his decision making that was faulty

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 12:24am On Mar 30, 2015
raumdeuter:

Ikedia had good speed and dribbling ability, It was his decision making that was faulty

1995! Nope... He didn't... grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:28am On Mar 30, 2015
raumdeuter:

1994 = 16-18 years.
1999 = 21-23 years.

There was someone who was so convinced he didn't take more than two years from his age. It also meant he went to Ajax first team with all his raw ability. Unlike many others who had the opportunity to refine their games with some years in Nigeria league or oversea academy or a lesser oversea club. With proper grooming and mentoring, his decision making would have been refined.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:29am On Mar 30, 2015
coded01:

1995! Nope... He didn't... grin

More trol from the troller? grin

Good night. Election results are full of surprises. lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 12:35am On Mar 30, 2015
elampiro:

1994 = 16-18 years.
1999 = 21-23 years.

There was someone who was so convinced he didn't take more than two years from his age. It also meant he went to Ajax first team with all his raw ability. Unlike many others who had the opportunity to refine their games with some years in Nigeria league or oversea academy or a lesser oversea club.

Ajax has one of the best academies in EUrope and if you cant refine your game in AJax, then no one can redeem you.

Ajax would actually put you among small kids and teach you how to control the ball, how to look up etc

Ikedia played for Insurance which was known for youth developments and Also ASEC mimosas

Ikedia was a typical monkey post player who couldnt refine his game

Before Ikedia Ajax used to take all Nigerian Right wingers until Ikedia ruined it with his senseless football
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 5:08am On Mar 30, 2015
raumdeuter:

He attended mosan high school in ipaja.....he finished in 1995 but spent 8 yrs in secondary school due to class repetition....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:12am On Mar 30, 2015
lekkie073:

He attended mosan high school in ipaja.....he finished in 1995 but spent 8 yes in secondary school due to class repetition....

Maybe you are right. One of my roommates in University said Ikedia attended their school but the guy lives around Mafoluku and finished in 1994 that was why I thought he lived around Oshodi
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 5:23am On Mar 30, 2015
Ikedia schooled in Ipaja and was 2 or 3 yrs ahead of my friend that finished in 1996.
By 1993-1996 he was officially included in school students rolls mainly for his importance in football matches.....bros wasnt attending classes again.
By 1999 he was minimum 23 or 24 but claimed 19 which is why i said he took 4 or 5 yrs out of his age

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:48am On Mar 30, 2015
raumdeuter:

Ajax has one of the best academies in EUrope and if you cant refine your game in AJax, then no one can redeem you.

Ajax would actually put you among small kids and teach you how to control the ball, how to look up etc

Ikedia played for Insurance which was known for youth developments and Also ASEC mimosas

Ikedia was a typical monkey post player who couldnt refine his game

Before Ikedia Ajax used to take all Nigerian Right wingers until Ikedia ruined it with his senseless football

Ikedia did not play for Ajax academy. Ikedia went straight into the first team.

Ikedia years for Insurance and Asec combined was not up to two years.

Ajax only took two of our right wingers. And Kanu was a striker. Why did Ajax not take another striker from Nigeria. Our outing in 2002 world cup was what ruined our export of players to Europe. We used kids for the world cup and they were hurriedly assembled by Onigbinde. The NFA guys plotted against Amodu Shuaibu.

Wenger was once asked why he doesn't hire Nigerian players after Kanu. He said Nigeria has stopped producing talents. That was NFA bad work of 2002. Then we missed 2006 world cup.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 8:22am On Mar 30, 2015
afrodoc2:

Did anyone argue with you that Ikedia had no skill?
I earlier corrected someone who compared Ikedia to Tijani....i said Ikedia could dribble but Tijani was a sprinter. Its obvious Ikedia is one of your favourite players like Rooney but sorry bros your man lacked sense. he could run, he could dribble but he couldnt make right decisions on the pitch.
AND HE HIMSELF IN A VIDEO SENT PERSONALLY TO YOU SAID HE WAS KNOWN FOR HIS PACE .......A PACE HE KEPT UNTIL HIS 34TH BIRTHDAY grin

Dadehmola:

Elampiro, Stop telling lies on a public forum....

Small time now, you go begin dey give us stories on how you coached him for that field behind Agbor road when in actual fact, your earlier assertions suggest you don't even know who the dude is.. angry angry

Pius ikedia and Tijani Babangida were arguably the quickest players in Africa at that time. Pius was Nigeria's version of Shaun-wright-Philips...plenty of pace but little tactical awareness and Ofcourse, zero end product!!

This was my earlier post..

As usual, elapawa would attempt to distort the crux of the issue even when the Grammar no hard to decipher.

Smh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:37am On Mar 30, 2015
Pius Ikedia still interested in Spurs deal
24 Jan 2005
Tottenham have found themselves in a legal row over their pursuit of winger Pius Ikedia. Although AZ look to have won the race to secure former Ajax winger Pius Ikedia, Tottenham have confirmed that they are still interested in signing the flyer. Ikedia is in fact still currently owned by Ajax until the end of this season, but has spent the last three years for some obscure reason away from the Amsterdam giants on loan deals to RBC and Groningen. The 24-year-old African opted to sign a pre-contract with Dutch leaders AZ Alkmaar - despite interest from Tottenham but now appears to have had a change of heart.Tottenham director of football Frank Arnesen revealed: "I admit we have a big interest in Ikedia and that we have spoken to him in London.

Ikedia chooses AZ above Tottenham
15 Jan 2005
Tottenham Hotspur have missed out on the services of Pius Ikedia, with the forward plumping for a move to AZ Alkmaar next summer instead.
However, Ikedia decided to join current league leaders AZ, when his contract with Ajax expires in the summer.Although he is owned by Ajax, Ikedia has spent the last three years away from the Amsterdam giants.The Nigeria international has spent the last two years with RBC Roosendaal after spending a season with FC Groningen.Jol is keen to bring the brightest talents in the Eredivisie to Tottenham, and believes that Ikedia has the potential to become a major player.
Meanwhile, AZ have claimed they have signed Pius Ikedia for next season.The Nigerian striker, currently on loan at RBC Roosendaal from Ajax, had reportedly been a target for Tottenham.

This guy went with his former Ajax coach to AZ instead to Tottenham in 2005. He missed a good chance of advancing his career. He yabbed. In football you don't take a step backward when there is a chance to move forward. There was a certain Bellamy in Man City who did something like this never rose again, he opted to go to his Cardiff his home time club instead of numerous interests from EPL teams.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:42am On Mar 30, 2015
Kai this international break too long, abeg enough Pius talk cheesy

Dadehmola who did you vote for?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:48am On Mar 30, 2015
Dadehmola:

This was my earlier post..

As usual, elapawa would attempt to distort the crux of the issue even when the Grammar no hard to decipher.

Smh

Ikedia and Tijani are not suppose to be on same sentence in terms of speed. Tijani and Ahmed Musa are the speed guys who could run 50 yards straight to outpace their markers. Ikedia needed his quickness to do something within 10 to 20 yards. He could go a half field but it was usually stop and move, stop and move. Swerve, turn, dribble, run to advance.

Sterling and Val have great speed. Sterling could rival Val sometimes, but while Val can go on high speed for 100 yards, Sterling needs it for just 10 to 20 yards.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 8:50am On Mar 30, 2015
afrodoc2:
Kai this international break too long, abeg enough Pius talk cheesy

Dadehmola who did you vote for?

The man already leading in the polls!! tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:51am On Mar 30, 2015
Dadehmola:

The man already leading in the polls!! tongue

You did not vote.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 9:07am On Mar 30, 2015
elampiro:

Ikedia and Tijani are not suppose to be on same sentence in terms of speed. Tijani and Ahmed Musa are the speed guys who could run 50 yards straight to outpace their markers. Ikedia needed his quickness to do something within 10 to 20 yards. He could go a half field but it was usually stop and move, stop and move. Swerve, turn, dribble, run to advance.

Sterling and Val have great speed. Sterling could rival Val sometimes, but while Val can go on high speed for 100 yards, Sterling needs it for just 10 to 20 yards.

You don't know ball (as you would say cheesy)

Arjen Robben

•Theo Walcott

• Antonio Valencia

•Gareth Bale

• Aaron Lennon

www.espnfc.com/fifa-world-cup/story/1888364/arjen-robben-of-netherlands-becomes-worlds-fastest-player

Why didn't FIFA create a special list for the likes of robben and messi? Why are they on the same list with peeps like Walcott, Valencia and Lennon??

Speed is speed - Wether the players have other qualities that make them different is another issue entirely oga!!

I repeat, ikedia and Babangida were arguably the fastest players in Africa at that time!

elampiro:

You did not vote.

How Area campaign manager for ch**ge no go vote?? tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:29am On Mar 30, 2015
Dadehmola:

You don't know ball (as you would say cheesy)

Arjen Robben

•Theo Walcott

• Antonio Valencia

•Gareth Bale

• Aaron Lennon

www.espnfc.com/fifa-world-cup/story/1888364/arjen-robben-of-netherlands-becomes-worlds-fastest-player

Why didn't FIFA create a special list for the likes of robben and messi? Why are they on the same list with peeps like Walcott, Valencia and Lennon!!

Speed is speed - Wether the players have other qualities that make them different is another issue entirely oga!!

I repeat, ikedia and Babangida were arguably the fastest players in Africa at that time!

You just confirmed Messi has the pace to complement his dribbling.

Ikedia didnt even get close to TJ's speed, although he had his speed. Even TJ was not considered to be one of the fastest in the world as Messi is now. However, my initial point was emphasizing Ikedia's dribbling ability and all of a sudden people started bringing Tijani who could not dribble. This was to belittle Ikedia's dribbling ability. It's like talking about Sterling dribbling ability and someone is bringing Craig Bellamy/Walcott speed to confuse the whole stuff.

Dadehmola:

How campaign manager for ch**ge no go vote?? tongue

lol

Here are the top-ten quickest footballers in the world from last season according to FIFA statistics: This was recorded while the players were won the ball.

1. Antonio Valencia – 35.1 km/h
2. Gareth Bale – 34.7 km/h
3. Aaron Lennon – 33.8 km/h
4. Cristiano Ronaldo – 33.6 km/h
5. Theo Walcott – 32.7 km/h
6.Lionel Messi – 32.5 km/h
7. Wayne Rooney – 31.2 km/h
8. Franck Ribery – 30.7 km/h

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/04/06/worlds-fastest-footballer-revealed-not-baleronaldowalcott/page/1/

9. Arjen Robben – 30.4 km/h

10. Alexis Sanchez – 30.1 km/h
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 9:33am On Mar 30, 2015
I don already suspect sey Demola and Wasiu(Trequartista) na the alagas for their respective parks.

Mo ni ibon be merin ti mo fe ta o...ati oruka and ibadi as well.

Tonight go bloody after they announce result

(1) (2) (3) ... (1515) (1516) (1517) (1518) (1519) (1520) (1521) ... (14118) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.