Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1570) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8667860 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1567) (1568) (1569) (1570) (1571) (1572) (1573) ... (14140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 7:54pm On Apr 18, 2015
We played well today ,all d players except failcow who doesn't want to realise dat he is playing in a physical league ...yesterday I said dat d only way to win Chelsea was to play dia game but I was happy with how we played nonetheless ,for dos dat r calling LVG a morоn for not starting rvp ,u guys r joking ,so he should start a player dat only started training dis week ,mk he come do wetin ?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emaprince: 7:54pm On Apr 18, 2015
Possesion my foot!!!

71% possession in your own half is harmless and the winning team shouldn't bother about that. They just had to sit back and watch you fool around with the ball in your half while the clock ticks faster. The moment you trespasses into the lions den, the counter attack will be explosive!!!

All manure's possession was in their own half. Nonsense!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 7:55pm On Apr 18, 2015
Emaprince:
Finally, hazard killed them after all the rubbish they spew about him on this dirty thread.
Grow up,please! WTF is the meaning of this bullshít?undecided

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chimerase2: 7:57pm On Apr 18, 2015
Manure fans it can pain grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tval(m): 7:58pm On Apr 18, 2015
Danhumprey:
Jose Mourinho? I have nothing to say. He is simply a big coward. He keep employing 19th century football tactics when playing against big team and people call him a world-class coach. Smh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvwiEejTuoE

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 7:58pm On Apr 18, 2015
Mike Dean,undecided

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tval(m): 8:01pm On Apr 18, 2015
Danhumprey:
Grow up,please! WTF is the meaning of this bullshít?undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 8:02pm On Apr 18, 2015
Dadehmola:

I think say you be man utd fan
Bro,I'm a Man. United fan. Whether we win or lose, I'm still a Man. United fan. Don't take that comment serious. I was merely being sarcastic. We lost and it's painful and I'm just trying to smile despite that I'm angry.smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:02pm On Apr 18, 2015
mike dean got bribed......
there's no way he can claim he didn't see terry fouled falcao leading to their goal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:06pm On Apr 18, 2015
It was a fair game. With 4 first team players out injured, one could expect this. We had the possession, we just couldn't cause damages. With a proper holding midfielder, Chelsea'd v been toast by half time. They played absolutely nothing and just got lucky after committing a foul.

cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 8:08pm On Apr 18, 2015
Tval:
Thunder fire your left nyansh there!grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:08pm On Apr 18, 2015
Dadehmola:

Who should have taken rooney's place in midfield?
I thought as the game progressed, LvG should've put Blackett at the CB, move McNair to the mid, remove Falcao and push Rooney forward.

The useless sub is when he put Blackett for Shaw. Di maria played virtually as a LB since Blackett can't support him in attack.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 8:11pm On Apr 18, 2015
Just few days to a crucial and important match,4 of our first team key players picked up freak injuries. Smh. Something is just not right somewhere!undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:13pm On Apr 18, 2015
chrisley024:
I thought as the game progressed, LvG should've put Blackett at the CB, move McNair to the mid, remove Falcao and push Rooney forward.

The useless sub is when he put Blackett for Shaw. Di maria played virtually as a LB since Blackett can't support him in attack.

THANK YOU, that was one of my thoughts.
There were multiple other decent alternatives to Rooney in midfield but Falcao is a zero alternative in attack. He is not suited to the deliberate and sometimes slow pace of this team. That is why we had all this possession without penetration.

an e.g Young in Rooney's place in midfield with Rooney in Falcao's place in attack might have given us less possession but far more penetration
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 8:13pm On Apr 18, 2015
coogar:

we knew this was what he would do as at last week. an early goal from us would have destroyed his plan - with him needing to make an early sub but it's our fault we didn't capitalise in that first 15 mins when we had them by the throat.

he just said in his post match interview that he doesn't care about the possession of the purity even if it's 1% possession they have. it's all about the 3 points and the players who could have made the difference for us today decided to get crocked.
Too bad. The injuries just didn't help. They came at the wrong time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tval(m): 8:13pm On Apr 18, 2015
Danhumprey:
Thunder fire your left nyansh there!grin
[img]http://media./media/ToMjGpowgjGl2BRr50k/giphy.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 8:16pm On Apr 18, 2015
Even with our best team out,The match would have ended 1-0 to Chelsea. Its exactly what Jose planned for and it worked out perfectly. Thats why he's so pragmatic and to me he's a world class coach. I thought we played ok overall but we were never getting a result at Stamford Bridge. Jose was never going to attack us. He just wanted to get a result and he did. All good though. Onwards and upwards for us. Hope the injuries subside soon.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 18, 2015
Oga Van Gaal you no get tactics still you wan win league cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6q74C6_1GU
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 8:19pm On Apr 18, 2015
afrodoc2:

You are not getting my point.
For this match Rooney was our best best in midfield and also our best bet in attack.

However the gap in quality between Rooney and the other midfielders at this moment is not up to the gap between Rooney and Falcao.
Whatever advantage Rooney gave us in midfield we lost it TENFOLD by playing Falcao in attack.
We should have gotten a decent alternative to Rooney (like those guys i mentioned) in midfield and played him in attack instead of playing him in midfield and playing an otu oshi like Falcao in attack.
Obviously RVP is not yet fit to start, LVG alluded to this yesterday in his conference, Shaw was ahead of him in fitness and training.

There was no way we coulda bossed the game the way we did assuming we had the likes of Rafael and co in midfield.

I'd rather concern myself with why LVG decided to keep falcao on the pitch for 90 mins despite the shitstorm he was serving us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 8:22pm On Apr 18, 2015
coogar:

i don't think we did enough with the ball. we had a lion share of it & we didn't punish courtois enough. mcnair & shaw were the only fearless players on the pitch. they took good positions and they fired shots at chelsea's goal.

mourinho parked the bus - that was what he wanted. he didn't have the players to compete with us for the passes. he was happy to let us have the ball, it was like he knew we wouldn't do much with it with the kinda players we had on the pitch.

the stats say it all....we got sucker-punched!

What do you expect from the team, they gave their best in this match which unfortunately isn't enough. Mourinho practically packed the bus so it wasn't surprising that we had all those passing stats. Falcao killed our attack today and he's the reason for our pathetic play upront. There's no way we wouldn't have played differently if carrick had started this match and we have Rooney upfront.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:22pm On Apr 18, 2015
MrTA:
Even with our best team out,The match would have ended 1-0 to Chelsea. Its exactly what Jose planned for and it worked out perfectly. Thats why he's so pragmatic and to me he's a world class coach. I thought we played ok overall but we were never getting a result at Stamford Bridge. Jose was never going to attack us. He just wanted to get a result and he did. All good though. Onwards and upwards for us. Hope the injuries subside soon.

i think blind & carrick would have offered more in terms of incisive passes. shaw actually did play well. he gave ivanovic hell on that channel but chelsea defended very well. zouma was the 5th defender - he gave terry the freedom to vacate his space & hound falcao all over.

we did quite well concerning the circumstances but if we had the same team of last weekend, we would have scored at least one goal in that opening 20 mins. none of the players in our midfield today had the awareness required to play in that role. herrera is a good tackler but his positional awareness is average.

larride:

What do you expect from the team, they gave their best in this match which unfortunately isn't enough. Mourinho practically packed the bus so it wasn't surprising that we had all those passing stats. Falcao killed our attack today and he's the reason for our pathetic play upront. There's no way we wouldn't have played differently if carrick had started this match and we have Rooney upfront.

i expected at least one goal in that opening 20 mins. it's embarrassing that we didn't punish chelsea in that period. they were disorganised in that little spell but they got better as the game wore on. once they scored, it was always going to be difficult to peg them back.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 8:23pm On Apr 18, 2015
chrisley024:

Rooney's starting role Is the issue here.

Let's forget hindsight - Look me in the eye and tell me you wouldn't have started Rooney in midfield today
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:26pm On Apr 18, 2015
Guys are exaggerating Falcao's performance 2day. He wasn't bad to me. How about Fellaini and Young?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 8:27pm On Apr 18, 2015
Dadehmola:

Let's forget hindsight - Look me in the eye and tell me you wouldn't have started Rooney in midfield today

Apart from the early miss, I think Rooney did quite well. I already know him to always pass backward and to the wings sometimes so I wasn't surprised when he did that on numerous occasion. He was our best bet in Midfield today, we just needed someone with brains upfront which we unfortunately didn't have in Falcao.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 8:29pm On Apr 18, 2015
chrisley024:
Guys are exaggerating Falcao's performance 2day. He wasn't bad to me. How about Fellaini and Young?

Falcao was worse than Fellaini and Young, hell Young and Fellaini gave their best.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:31pm On Apr 18, 2015
Dadehmola:

There was no way we coulda bossed the game the way we did assuming we had the likes of Rafael and co in midfield.

I'd rather concern myself with why LVG decided to keep falcao on the pitch for 90 mins despite the shitstorm he was serving us.

We did not need to boss the game to that extent. Jose came to park the us, we would have bossed the game enough. what we needed was penetration from midfield instead of sideways passing. what will 71% possession benefit you if your 1st shot on target is in the 2nd half?
Why start Falcao in the 1st place with the shitstorm he has been serving all season?
i don't get it, was any of you actually thinking he would suddenly change today?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:33pm On Apr 18, 2015
Dadehmola:

I posted 2 line ups before the match, in fact yesterday.
both had rooney in attack and falcao on the bench. but i also said i knew lvg would make that mistake of starting falcao.
i would have started rooney in attack, i have more faith in young,rafael,mcnair,valencia in midfield than falcao in attack
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pamcode(m): 8:34pm On Apr 18, 2015
After the game on sun a sage had this to saycheesy :p koyla:
Alright,,, I also know your Delivery will be
unsuccessful... starting from next week.
Every Chelsea fan knows how their heart
beats seeing Manchester and Arsenal
catching up.
well I won't say much but This is EPL not
Italian Serie A.
too bad for him he ate his words and observations.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:34pm On Apr 18, 2015
Dadehmola:

Even in my line up I put Rooney in the mid that's why I said as the game progressed cos Mc Nair was doing better there.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:36pm On Apr 18, 2015
afrodoc2:

We did not need to boss the game to that extent. Jose came to park the us, we would have bossed the game enough. what we needed was penetration from midfield instead of sideways passing. what will 71% possession benefit you if your 1st shot on target is in the 2nd half?
Why start Falcao in the 1st place with the shitstorm he has been serving all season?
i don't get it, was any of you actually thinking he would suddenly change today?

falcao played well today - the question is, how many midfield passes got to him quickly enough? the answer is zero.

think of mata's goal last weekend. one slide rule pass from daley blind to rooney cut man city to shreds....and it was easy for rooney to feed mata.

we had nothing of sort today - rooney never made one vertical pass forward tonight. those sideway passes are a joy to defenders - it allows them to regroup before the crosses go into their box - it slows down the attacking play.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:37pm On Apr 18, 2015
afrodoc2:

This is not the time to start Falcao. Starting Falcao and moving Rooney to midfield would weaken both attack and midfield simultaneously.
We need to keep Rooney up front, Fellaini and Young at LCM and LWF, Mata keeps his place at RWF with someone like Rafael at RCM, keep Valencia at RB.
The big question is can Herrera replace Carrick?

........................................................de gea....................................................

......valencia.....................smalling................mcnair....................shaw............

.....................................................herrera.......................................................

..........................rafael.............................................fellaini..............................

.........mata...................................................................................young.............
........................................................rooney.........................................................

adnan,di maria,falcao,blackett,perreira on the bench

this is what i said yesterday.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:39pm On Apr 18, 2015
afrodoc2:

I posted 2 line ups before the match, in fact yesterday.
both had rooney in attack and falcao on the bench. but i also said i knew lvg would make that mistake of starting falcao.
i would have started rooney in attack, i have more faith in young,rafael,mcnair,valencia in midfield than falcao in attack
C'mon. How would you start Rafael in the mid that hasn't been playing games when we've Pereira and McNair.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1567) (1568) (1569) (1570) (1571) (1572) (1573) ... (14140) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Santos07 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.