Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,368 members, 7,800,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1571) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8625630 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1568) (1569) (1570) (1571) (1572) (1573) (1574) ... (14119) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:39pm On Apr 18, 2015
coogar:

falcao played well today - the question is, how many midfield passes got to him quickly enough? the answer is zero.

think of mata's goal last weekend. one slide rule pass from daley blind to rooney cut man city to shreds....and it was easy for rooney to feed mata.

we had nothing of sort today - rooney never made one vertical pass forward tonight. those sideway passes are a joy to defenders - it allows them to regroup before the crosses go into their box - it slows down the attacking play.

i actually i agree with you.
we needed less possession and more penetration in midfield.
rafael or valencia or young or someone else there while we played rooney in attack. there were too may sideways passers in midfield, not enough people willing to make incisive passes or run from deep
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 8:40pm On Apr 18, 2015
afrodoc2:

I posted 2 line ups before the match, in fact yesterday.
both had rooney in attack and falcao on the bench. but i also said i knew lvg would make that mistake of starting falcao.
i would have started rooney in attack, i have more faith in young,rafael,mcnair,valencia in midfield than falcao in attack

Yes, Chelsea parked the bus but they would have overrun our midfield without Rooney, Rooney in midfield keeps both Oscar and Fabregas in check. LVG tried with the starting line-up considering the available players, Falcao continues to fumble and soil his reputation the more and LVG sub was awkward and downright stupid.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:42pm On Apr 18, 2015
chrisley024:
C'mon. How would you start Rafael in the mid that hasn't been playing games when we've Pereira and McNair.

rafael or valencia or perreira or young oh, any of them rather than falcao in attack.
and nothing wrong with starting rafael, after all mcnair played ( and played very well)..... he too has not been playing for 1st team
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 8:43pm On Apr 18, 2015
coogar:

we knew this was what he would do as at last week. an early goal from us would have destroyed his plan - with him needing to make an early sub but it's our fault we didn't capitalise in that first 15 mins when we had them by the throat.

he just said in his post match interview that he doesn't care about the possession of the purity even if it's 1% possession they have. it's all about the 3 points and the players who could have made the difference for us today decided to get crocked.

He can afford to say he doesn't care about possession now. Last December when Newcastle did the same parking the bus against him and beat him he said only one team came to play.

I am so proud of the the lads except for Falcao to have played like this despite missing four key players. And all that Mourinho could still do was to come into the game parking the bus.

Falcao was a short one. Though we didn't have a choice but he should have risked him for the last 20 - 15 minutes.

Januzaj should be loaned out if they want him to improve his game. He's not on the same level as last season and that's because he's not playing regularly.

Blacket isn't good as a left back.

Missing four key players against Chelsea at Stamford bridge was going to be a difficult task. The positive thing to me is that this possession football philosophy has come to stay with all our players. We couldn't just use it to hurt Chelsea because Falcao played upfront.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:43pm On Apr 18, 2015
larride:

Yes, Chelsea parked the bus but they would have overrun our midfield without Rooney, Rooney in midfield keeps both Oscar and Fabregas in check. LVG tried with the starting line-up considering the available players, Falcao continues to fumble and soil his reputation the more and LVG sub was awkward and downright stupid.

over run which midfield with zouma and matic parking the bus.
You guys are not getting the point sha. whatever we gained in that midfield with rooney's play we lost in attack by playing a short one who cant stay on his feet
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:44pm On Apr 18, 2015
afrodoc2:
[/b]

rafael or valencia or young or someone else there while we played rooney in attack. there were too may sideways passers in midfield, not enough people willing to make incisive passes or run from deep

that is because there aren't many technically gifted players in the team today who can thread a pass from deep positions.

carrick & blind messed up with their injuries. the wrongest time ever to get injured. let's just hope they would be back for next weekend.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 8:44pm On Apr 18, 2015
afrodoc2:
[/b]

Falcao himself did not make himself available for those passes. he wouldn't even lure defenders away to free up space for his teammates. He did absolutely nothing today, how is the midfield going to give him penetrating passes when he doesn't make himself available for those kind of pass. Falcao was awful. EOD
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 18, 2015
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:47pm On Apr 18, 2015
afrodoc2:

-----------------------------------DE GEA--------------------------------

-----VALENCIA--------SMALLING----MCNAIR-------------SHAW-----

-----------------------------------HERRERA--------------------------------

--------------------YOUNG-----------------FELLAINI----------------------

-------MATA----------------------------------------------DI MARIA---------
---------------------------------ROONEY-----------------------------------

adnan,perreira,rafael,blackett,falcao on the bench

another line up from yesterday. i think this would have given more penetration than all the senseless passes we started from around the 20th minute mark
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:49pm On Apr 18, 2015
tess1:

He can afford to say he doesn't care about possession now. Last December when Newcastle did the same parking the bus against him and beat him he said only one team came to play.

I am so proud of the the lads except for Falcao to have played like this despite missing four key players. And all that Mourinho could still do was to come into the game parking the bus.

Falcao was a short one. Though we didn't have a choice but he should have risked him for the last 20 - 15 minutes.

Januzaj should be loaned out if they want him to improve his game. He's not on the same level as last season and that's because he's not playing regularly.

Missing four key players against Chelsea at Stamford bridge was going to be a difficult task. The positive thing to me is that this possession football philosophy has come to stay with all our players. We couldn't just use it to hurt Chelsea because Falcao played upfront.

yes, i agree with you that jose is a hypocrite but i can not begrudge his tactical approach. it's been 5 years since they won the league....not too many chelsea fans would care how they go about it.

he did what he had to do & he delivered the 3 points. his team had entertained for most parts of the season. they earned the right to play the way they did today. we had our moment to change the complexion of the game but we missed that golden chance.

we contributed to jose's tactical approach.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 8:49pm On Apr 18, 2015
afrodoc2:

over run which midfield with zouma and matic parking the bus.
You guys are not getting the point sha. whatever we gained in that midfield with rooney's play we lost in attack by playing a short one who cant stay on his feet

Matic is still very good with the ball at his feet and you wouldn't want him, Fabregas and Oscar to run circles round your Midfield. I understand your point but how are we going to ever score without first dominating possession. it's not always easy playing against teams that parked the bus and with good defenders. it's going to be hard.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:51pm On Apr 18, 2015
larride:

Falcao himself did not make himself available for those passes. he wouldn't even lure defenders away to free up space for his teammates. He did absolutely nothing today, how is the midfield going to give him penetrating passes when he doesn't make himself available for those kind of pass. Falcao was awful. EOD

lol is it me you are telling?
some thought falcao would just wake up today and start banging in goals. his tendency to fall at the most crucial moments is a talent.
he can't hold up play, he cant pass, he cant shoot without falling.........what does he actually do well these days?
WE PLAYED A SHORT ONE......AND SHOULD HAVE SEEN IT COMING
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 8:52pm On Apr 18, 2015
afrodoc2:

We did not need to boss the game to that extent. Jose came to park the us, we would have bossed the game enough. what we needed was penetration from midfield instead of sideways passing. what will 71% possession benefit you if your 1st shot on target is in the 2nd half?
?

More hindsight analysis...

If Rooney had played as a centre foward, how would he have given us that "penetration"? Wasn't it the same Rooney who missed a glorious chance in the early minutes and also shot tamely like a fat bítch in the 2nd half from a good position??

As a CM (and aside the misses), Rooney was actually one of our best players today. It's just unfortunate that falCOW seems to be getting worse by the minute!

afrodoc2:

Why start Falcao in the 1st place with the shitstorm he has been serving all season?
i don't get it, was any of you actually thinking he would suddenly change today?

He was given a chance to redeem his image, considering the injury concerns we had.

Like I said, the issue should be centered more on the reasons behind LVG's decision to keep him on the pitch for 90mins..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 8:54pm On Apr 18, 2015
Dadehmola:

Rooney's starting role Is the issue here.

Let's forget hindsight - Look me in the eye and tell me you wouldn't have started Rooney in midfield today

problem with starting Rooney in midfield is that you now have a weaker midfield and a weaker attack since your better striker in doing a cover job in an already weak area. So why weaken 2 areas instead of one?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:55pm On Apr 18, 2015
larride:

Matic is still very goof with the ball at his feet and you wouldn't want him, Fabregas and Oscar to run circles round your Midfield. I understand your point but how are we going to ever score without first dominating possession. it's not always easy playing against teams that parked the bus and with good defenders. it's going to be hard.

Chelsea scored without dominating the ball, do they have 2 heads?
The same Rooney you people lambast here is now the midfield messiah? lol
rooney played RCM not DM, replacing him with Young in that midfield would have altered the balance just a little, but replacing Falcao in attack with Rooney would have improved things a lot in attack.
rooney in attack is able to bring others into play in and around the 18yrd box in a way this 2015 Falcao can only dream of.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:56pm On Apr 18, 2015
MrTA:

problem with starting Rooney in midfield is that you now have a weaker midfield and a weaker attack since your better striker in doing a cover job in an already weak area. So why weaken 2 areas instead of one?

Abeg tell them o. that has been my point all along
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pdizzle(m): 8:56pm On Apr 18, 2015
Hehe, cry me a river. Dj Tval abeg knack me Awilo logomba
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 8:57pm On Apr 18, 2015
afrodoc2:

lol is it me you are telling?
some thought falcao would just wake up today and start banging in goals. his tendency to fall at the most crucial moments is a talent.
he can't hold up play, he cant pass, he cant shoot without falling.........what does he actually do well these days?
WE PLAYED A SHORT ONE......AND SHOULD HAVE SEEN IT COMING

I understand you. That injury to Carrick and blind really dealt our chances a big blow. I don't know why but this defeat doesn't hurt like it would normally does. Onward and upward to the next one. Falcao should start packing his bags.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:58pm On Apr 18, 2015
MrTA:

we could have started rooney in the attack and still lose. how many open play goals has rooney gotten against john terry? you could count them on your left hand. hindsight is 20-20. there was nothing wrong with the personnel & formation. we played well, we dominated & couldn't have asked for more.

you still have to go back to the chance that rooney missed. if he had scored from there, everything changes. jose would have had to remove one of his defensive beasts for an attacking player which would have freed up space for us to batter them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:58pm On Apr 18, 2015
What's actually the problem between LvG and Shaw cos I don't why he's never allowed to complete 90mins?. The lad created our best chances and penetration and was subbed for Blackett

What a joke!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tval(m): 8:59pm On Apr 18, 2015
Pdizzle:
Hehe, cry me a river. Dj Tval abeg knack me Awilo logomba

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a6KHE2ICqg
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 8:59pm On Apr 18, 2015
I reiterate - with the injuries we had, I cannot fault LVG's starting line-up.

Keeping falCOW on the pitch for 90mins, coupled with some other decisions ( like the removal of shaw, and playing fellaini at the left edge of Chelsea's box) should be our main concerns..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:00pm On Apr 18, 2015
Dadehmola:

Rooney's starting role Is the issue here.

Let's forget hindsight - Look me in the eye and tell me you wouldn't have started Rooney in midfield today
i wouldn't. i knew it will amount to nothing in terms of chances created. he did well no doubt, but to get the required win, more was needed. herrera's absence on the right channel limited the penetration there, the reshuffling did more harm than good although we ahd no much options.

i hope those calling for the inclusion of Blackett now know better, his introduction KILLED any hope of a late rally!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:01pm On Apr 18, 2015
Dadehmola:

More hindsight analysis...

If Rooney had played as a centre foward, how would he have given us that "penetration"? Wasn't it the same Rooney who missed a glorious chance in the early minutes and also shot tamely like a fat bítch in the 2nd half from a good position??

As a CM (and aside the misses), Rooney was actually one of our best players today. It's just unfortunate that falCOW seems to be getting worse by the minute!

He was given a chance to redeem his image, considering the injury concerns we had.

Like I said, the issue should be centered more on the reasons behind LVG's decision to keep him on the pitch for 90mins..

this is not hindsight analysis, my posts and line ups from yesterday are there for all to read. i wanted falcao on the bench and rooney in attack.

and as per the penetration it is not about individual moments but the general flow of play. with rooney in attack there would have been more chances for other players to get chances in the box. our attack in the opponents box would be more dynamic and variable.

i see no reason giving him chance to redeem himself in this crucial match.

and i believe rather than ask why he lasted 90minutes, the question should be why start him at all after all his woeful performances in recent times
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pdizzle(m): 9:02pm On Apr 18, 2015

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:03pm On Apr 18, 2015
chrisley024:
What's actually the problem between LvG and Shaw cos I don't why he's never allowed to complete 90mins?. The lad created our best chances and penetration and was subbed for Blackett

What a joke!

i believe shaw wasnt fit enough to finish 90mins, just recovering from injury and all
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 9:03pm On Apr 18, 2015
coogar:

we could have started rooney in the attack and still lose. how many open play goals has rooney gotten against john terry? you could count them on your left hand. hindsight is 20-20. there was nothing wrong with the personnel & formation. we played well, we dominated & couldn't have asked for more.

you still have to go back to the chance that rooney missed. if he had scored from there, everything changes. jose would have had to remove one of his defensive beasts for an attacking player which would have freed up space for us to batter them.

Exactly my thoughts. Today performance was top notch with everything being equal, we just wouldn't punish them when we had the chance early on but they did took their chances and that's the difference. We played well today and the boys should hold their head high up and concentrate on the remaining fixtures.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:06pm On Apr 18, 2015
larride:

Exactly my thoughts. Today performance was top notch with everything being equal, we just wouldn't punish them when we had the chance early on but they did took their chances and that's the difference. We played well today and the boys should hold their head high up and concentrate on the remaining fixtures.

LVG said it was the best performance this season. he said he was happy with the performance but disappointed with the result.

we are not far away from the title, people. a couple of attacking additions and a top defender and we would be there.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:07pm On Apr 18, 2015
larride:

all in all progress has been made this season, we can't deny that.
the general level of play has improved and we are starting to see a system in place.
2 things now

1) lets ensure we make champs league next season

2) go out and get higher quality players who can slot into this system for next season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:09pm On Apr 18, 2015
tess1:

i honestly don't know if Mourinho cast spells on people. when Allardyce does the same exact bus parking, its criticized even by a kid. Mourinho does it against any team he feels has a chance of beating him & its hailed as "tactics" or "its about adaptation" or "its the needful to ensure getting across the line".

shiit is a mystery. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 9:10pm On Apr 18, 2015
coogar:

LVG said it was the best performance this season. he said he was happy with the performance but disappointed with the result.

we are not far away from the title, people. a couple of attacking additions and a top defender and we would be there.

Definitely, gradually, LVG philosophy and plan is taking shape, we just need some new recruits in attack and maybe carrick replacement and someone to at CB in case smalling or Jones decides to get crooked at the wrong time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 9:15pm On Apr 18, 2015
afrodoc2:

all in all progress has been made this season, we can't deny that.
the general level of play has improved and we are starting to see a system in place.
2 things now

1) lets ensure we make champs league next season

2) go out and get higher quality players who can slot into this system for next season

1) We will surely make the champs league no matter what. it's kinda guaranteed.

2) Any player that we want to buy must be bought early in the transfer market so that he can have time with the team during the pre-season. We can re-call Chicarito from loan, get carrick replacement and a CB and this team will go places. LVG knows best though, I believe in him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1568) (1569) (1570) (1571) (1572) (1573) (1574) ... (14119) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: eghos12(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.