Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1595) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8667997 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1592) (1593) (1594) (1595) (1596) (1597) (1598) ... (14140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:57am On May 03, 2015
Keky:
FT: Manchester United 0-1 West Bromwich Albion.
Fab is about to lift the title. Why is it anyone that leaves Arsenal always lifts a trophy?.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 8:54am On May 03, 2015
chrisley024:
^^
Simple! Our attack and all our top players should be ashamed of themselves. 3 games without a goal angry
really really ashamed.....
Rooney is past what we need. He should just leave
Rvp is not getting any better. Injuries not helping the dutchman
DiMaria looks like money-wasted. He plays like he is on a light training

In the absence of carrick, I think Blind should be playing the DM

Too much dependence on fellaini....fatigue seems to have stepped in

Valencia is hot and cold.....we need a natural right back

The only ppl I saw playing yesterday were Herrera, Mata, young and smalling....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 9:23am On May 03, 2015
nyabinghi my man how you dey?

I commiserate with you in these tough times for your club. cheesy

See elampiro writing epistles with a thousand reasons why United lost eh?

Referee dashed awoof penalty and y'all still saying he made it hard for you. What else do you want? cheesy cheesy

I don't know why folk are talking about Carrick - if you managed 80% possession without him, how/why was he missed? Or is Carrick now the person who scores the goals for y'all?

Like I said Van Hag should get his head checked if he truly believes the 'bad start' is the only reason y'all didn't win the league. His case has worsened from self deception to outright delusion. grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:32am On May 03, 2015
lekkie073:
really really ashamed.....
Rooney is past what we need. He should just leave
Rvp is not getting any better. Injuries not helping the dutchman
DiMaria looks like money-wasted. He plays like he is on a light training
In the absence of carrick, I think Blind should be playing the DM
Too much dependence on fellaini....fatigue seems to have stepped in
Valencia is hot and cold.....we need a natural right back
The only ppl I saw playing yesterday were Herrera, Mata, young and smalling....
From what I see Di maria play, sunday league type of football, he mind is not here and he should respectfully speak out and leave.

No mind the so-called captain. Lacks the fighting-spirit, can't rally his team mates but disappears when team is down. He instead prefers chasing the ref around.

Everyone especially the coaches and our top players should take the blame. No goal in the 270mins is abysmal. Even a team with no CF shouldn't be that barren.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 9:34am On May 03, 2015
debosky:

Referee dashed awoof penalty and y'all still saying he made it hard for you. What else do you want? cheesy cheesy

I don't know why folk are talking about Carrick - if you managed 80% possession without him, how/why was he missed? Or is Carrick now the person who scores the goals for y'all?

Like I said Van Hag should get his head checked if he truly believes the 'bad start' is the only reason y'all didn't win the league. His case has worsened from self deception to outright delusion. grin grin
excuses for. a failed coach, united is too big for LVG to manage, he just gambles on formation,changes etc. With the amount spent United should have won the league with convenience, thank God Nani, kagawa, chicharito, welbeck,rio,cleverly,ando weren't here this season, they would have been blamed for the current problems.LVG is living on past days.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:51am On May 03, 2015
debosky:

There were two penalties denied United prior to that. And how was that an awoof penalty?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:03am On May 03, 2015
Man United has now lost three games in a row for the first time since 2001.

Smalling and McNair recorded zero tackles.

At half time, I thought our players should know how important it was to miss having one point from the game. I told my self, if they dont let us score, then we shouldnt allow them the opportunity of threatening us. A draw would have meant that we needed a win and a draw to qualify for UCL. Now we need two wins if Liverpool find the form that had earlier in the year.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:19am On May 03, 2015
L'pool is no case, their next game is at Stamford bridge. A win from us and a loss to them seals top four for us.

This team is very lucky this season and another advantage is that we copped points from the top 6 teams.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:33am On May 03, 2015
In the first half, RVP played as the striker. What on earth now made RVP withdrawn to attacking midfield while lazy Fellaini who can not shoot hard, who is slow to react, became the striker in the second half?

If we are going to continue with this philosophy, then we need players with dribbling skills like Messi and Neymar to unlock a tight defence. Nani is the best among all available United players. Di Maria will thrive better than others when we have to try to unlock 'sadine tightly packed' defnece. Play Di Maria where we played Mata (RW) or RVP (AMR) in the second half, Fellaini or Mata should sit out in the next match.

If the threat against us is limited, then it's the more reason Di Maria should start as there is less to do defensively. The defenders should be less adventurous, same with the DM. Next season we should get a proper DM with some pace and tackling skills to match other technical qualities.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:42am On May 03, 2015
chrisley024:
L'pool is no case, their next game is at Stamford bridge. A win from us and a loss to them seals top four for us.

This team is very lucky this season and another advantage is that we copped points from the top 6 teams.

We ought to have sealed it by now. What if Liverpool beat Chelsea? I no wan hear.........
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tval(m): 11:19am On May 03, 2015
elampiro:

We ought to have sealed it by now. What if Liverpool beat Chelsea? I no wan hear.........
The best they can get is a draw.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:20am On May 03, 2015
elampiro:

This L'pool winning at the Bridge is laughable.

The most moronic decision I saw yesterday was withdrawing RvP to the midfield when the team was chasing the game.

Lastly, I'm tired of all these young and rookie defenders.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Hazardd(m): 11:41am On May 03, 2015
manu suppose to be relagated to division 1 grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:26pm On May 03, 2015
Rooney is the worst player we have, his role is to inspire the group like Suarez did with Liverpool last season and Gerrard did a long time before... But guess what, he's failing in all ramifications, he's just too invisible to be handed that role in the team...
Even Van Persie was more influential yesterday safe for the penalty miss...
For £300,000 a week, you'd expect a player who either scores as much as Messi and Ronaldo or one that creates space or chances like Hazard, Robben, Silva etc

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:23pm On May 03, 2015
patrickmuf:
Rooney is the worst player we have, his role is to inspire the group like Suarez did with Liverpool last season and Gerrard did a long time before... But guess what, he's failing in all ramifications, he's just too invisible to be handed that role in the team...
Even Van Persie was more influential yesterday safe for the penalty miss...
For £300,000 a week, you'd expect a player who either scores as much as Messi and Ronaldo or one that creates space or chances like Hazard, Robben, Silva etc

What has wages got to do with the match of yesterday? And what role are you talking about?

Rooney did excellently well in the first half yesterday. He lobbed an excellent through ball to RVP. The second half, the coach messed up the build up process with his re-arrangement. RVP ordinarily suppose to be the one lifting the team now because he is fresh at the very end of the season when others are exhausted. He is also supposed to be the most hungry considering the team went into the top 4 in his absence when he couldnt help. Now he has the opportunity to help.

Lest I forget, there are players in the team who earn close to Rooney- Falcao and RVP. Remove Rooney's image right (which he deserves), he earns same as RVP and Falcao. It's even less than Falcao's.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by notoriousbabe: 2:00pm On May 03, 2015
chrisley024:

I do not trust chelsea,now that they have won the league,they might do liverpool a favour by losing the match
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 2:01pm On May 03, 2015
Danhumprey:
This is just sad!sad

What about yesterday's game? shocked grin

Lost 3 games in row... shocked grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 2:03pm On May 03, 2015
elampiro:
Man United has now lost three games in a row for the first time since 2001.

Smalling and McNair recorded zero tackles.

At half time, I thought our players should know how important it was to miss having one point from the game. I told my self, if they dont let us score, then we shouldnt allow them the opportunity of threatening us. A draw would have meant that we needed a win and a draw to qualify for UCL. Now we need two wins if Liverpool find the form that had earlier in the year.

grin shocked grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 2:05pm On May 03, 2015
debosky:

Wicked... grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by notoriousbabe: 2:05pm On May 03, 2015
chrisley024:
This L'pool winning at the Bridge is laughable.

The most moronic decision I saw yesterday was withdrawing RvP to the midfield when the team was chasing the game.

Lastly, I'm tired of all these young and rookie defenders.
it can happen,chelsea has nothing to play for again now that they have won the league
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 2:07pm On May 03, 2015
Bimffo:
Ronaldo just scored 3 Goals.. He should give the 3 goals to Charity, People that hasn't scored in the last 3 games.. grin grin grin

SailorXY, show face na.. grin

Wicked... grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 2:09pm On May 03, 2015
It's official... grin

Manchester United have lost three games in a row for the first time since 2001, and have not scored in three consecutively since 2007... shocked grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 2:13pm On May 03, 2015
Bimffo:
Just sae this on Twitter..

Last 3 matches, Man U has lost
1-0
3-0
1-0
That's 131. Are U MTN?

grin grin grin Bury me please..

Wicked... grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 2:15pm On May 03, 2015
tess1:

He should've moved Fellaini to mata's position and move Mata to play to the right of Rooney. We can get goals by instructing Young to be putting crosses to the back post for Fellaini or any of the through passes from Mata which he is good at.

By this, Rooney, RVP and Fellaini could've scored. He got it all wrong by withdrawing RVP and moving Fellaini upfront. Only my opinion.

Coachy... grin grin

Every Man Utd fan on here dey coach pass LVG... grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by notoriousbabe: 2:22pm On May 03, 2015
IYANGBALI:
If we do not win our match tomorrow,I will ban myself from Nairaland till next season and trek from Nigeria to United Kingdom,LVG's house to be precised. Seun pls take note
where is this foolish old winsh?I hope you have started trekking to LVG's house. I just reminded seun to ban you till next season as you requested tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 2:22pm On May 03, 2015
ElFenomeno1:
Stupi d as s MUFC fans
They don't listen when you tell them the truth
A couple of lucky results got some of them dreaming
The worst team on all fronts out of the top 5 in the EPL right now
I hope you don't even make UCL.
You don't deserve it ... insha Allah I hope the woes and misery continues
I hate MUFC

Where is that deluded SailorXY?
Coogar nkan? looks like his secret hideout has had its only outlet blocked by the shower of shi t United keep raining grin
Adelana abi Akindanidani is the the only scumtwat vomiting all over the thread trying to stay afloat......
Scummies i say goodnight ... dead as a FC

Wicked... grin shocked grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 2:23pm On May 03, 2015
Bimffo:
Welbeck is going to wembley, Cleverly is going to wembley, Chicharito is going to Berlin..

Di Maria, Falcao, Rooney, are going to the beach.. grin

SailorXY, So U decided to be on Ghostmode today.. grin Weldone..! We hope to see you tommorow cheering Chelshit to Victory. grin

Bimffo! It's official you are mean... shocked grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 2:34pm On May 03, 2015
coded01:

Wicked... grin shocked grin

Sometimes, i do imagine if your name is synonymous to "wicked" undecided

Once i saw that word, i know it's you!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:41pm On May 03, 2015
Next week when Liverpool play Chelsea, one team will see it as a serious business while the other will just be trying to represent their colour. We must not look at another to help us.

Bayern Munich usually drop more points when they have rounded up the league. Same thing that happened to Man United in 2006/2007 and 2012/2013.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:49pm On May 03, 2015
It looks to me that having a strong defence is more important than having a strong attack. In 2007/2008 we won many matches one nil. Teams were packing bus when we played them but they were helpless in hurting us on the counter. Eventually they collapsed under sustained pressure. Look at how Chelsea won many matches 1-0, 2-1 etc.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 4:13pm On May 03, 2015
elampiro:

What has wages got to do with the match of yesterday? And what role are you talking about?

Rooney did excellently well in the first half yesterday. He lobbed an excellent through ball to RVP. The second half, the coach messed up the build up process with his re-arrangement. RVP ordinarily suppose to be the one lifting the team now because he is fresh at the very end of the season when others are exhausted. He is also supposed to be the most hungry considering the team went into the top 4 in his absence when he couldnt help. Now he has the opportunity to help.

Lest I forget, there are players in the team who earn close to Rooney- Falcao and RVP. Remove Rooney's image right (which he deserves), he earns same as RVP and Falcao. It's even less than Falcao's.
He's been out injured, do you expect him to get up to speed almost immediately? Not a chance...
Rooney's role is akin to that of Messi, Ronaldo, Robben, Hazard etc He enjoys absolute freedom, so we should be getting more from him...Falcao is new to the league as is Di maria, next season will decide their fate...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 03, 2015
elampiro:
It looks to me that having a strong defence is more important than having a strong attack. In 2007/2008 we won many matches one nil. Teams were packing bus when we played them but they were helpless in hurting us on the counter. Eventually they collapsed under sustained pressure. Look at how Chelsea won many matches 1-0, 2-1 etc.
SAF always said "A good attack will win u matches. But a good defence ll win u Championships". He was right. About 80% of United's matches in 2010/2011 ending with 1-0. Dats was the time we went unbeaten till February(iThink) before Wolves finally ended it. Chelsea did a lot of attacking from August to December. But by January Mourinho focused more on the defensive aspect of his game. And it worked out for him

(1) (2) (3) ... (1592) (1593) (1594) (1595) (1596) (1597) (1598) ... (14140) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.