Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,850 members, 7,802,724 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1634) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8634539 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1631) (1632) (1633) (1634) (1635) (1636) (1637) ... (14120) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 10:30am On May 23, 2015
I believe I said it a while back that if Valencia didn't get his act together, he was destined to have his career at United follow the Quinton Fortune route. Quinton Fortune went from left wing to left back to defensive midfield before eventually leaving, never really making a lasting impression, despite his qualities. And this is exactly what has and is happening to Valencia. A player whom you have no confidence or belief to play in his supposedly natural position, but whose qualities mean you can use him as a stop gap to fill certain roles and squad deficiencies, but will never command a true starting position.

I was also vehemently against playing Jones in midfield because I felt not was he not suited for the role, but most importantly we were impeding the much needed development and improvement he required as a central defender. Now look at Jones, for all his natural ability and gifts, he is still making academy style mistakes 4 years since signing, plus stupidly getting himself injure with terrible overall technique (tackling, running, positioning, you name it), stuff that should have been all but been eliminated since 2013. At least Smalling has cut down on the high school defending errors, even though he still makes a good amount of mistakes. You can very easily see his strengths (physically capable) and weaknesses (terrible on the ball).

We need a new right back, someone who can come in and start, as well bring added stability. Then we need a central defender with leadership capability. One who can lead and assist the relatively talent we already have to finally step up a few levels.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:41am On May 23, 2015
montelik:
I was also vehemently against playing Jones in midfield because I felt not was he not suited for the role, but most importantly we were impeding the much needed development and improvement he required as a central defender. Now look at Jones, for all his natural ability and gifts, he is still making academy style mistakes 4 years since signing, plus stupidly getting himself injure with terrible overall technique (tackling, running, positioning, you name it), stuff that should have been all but been eliminated since 2013.

jones has no football brain!
who still makes this kinda mistake after spending close to 4 seasons @man utd? he's a zombie, not the required material we need to help us win big things.

he does this mistake in every game now. a needless backpass that puts de gea under pressure. he either overhits or underhits the ball, causing commotion in the defence.

if you look at the top teams, they have 2CBs who are goal threats from corners, setpiece, etc. chelsea have terry/cahill. city have demechelis/kompany, arsës have koscielny/per, madrid have ramos/pepe, bayern have boateng/benatia.

has jones ever scored a header from a corner or a setpiece for us in the last 4 seasons? i doubt it. so you just have a zealous defender who is not great at defending & who adds nothing attacking-wise.

i used to think jones had so much potential, and i still do, just as a rugby player for a pub team. his decision making is awful and he's consistently reckless. he's a health risk to the other players on the pitch & himself.

i hope he gets sold this summer.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 10:59am On May 23, 2015
Una don slaughter jones here o grin make una just give am one last chance.. As 4 wazza him own tire me. Van gaal first mistake for man.united na de captain wey him give rooney.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:22am On May 23, 2015
SailorXY:
LvG optimistic: "I think David shall stay with us."

after the game, I have Monday to discuss with the board about players that shall be going & those to stay. I have spoken to some players & shall share farewell drinks.

I can certainly guess Evans, Falcao & RvP maybe
Am certain evans and falcao are leaving ... then januzaj on loan
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:24am On May 23, 2015
weedtaker:
Una don slaughter jones here o grin make una just give am one last chance.. As 4 wazza him own tire me. Van gaal first mistake for man.united na de captain wey him give rooney.

if he hasn't improved after 4 years @OT then we should cut our losses. after 4 years here, ronaldo was already a world class player.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:27am On May 23, 2015
coogar:

jones has no football brain!
who still makes this kinda mistake after spending close to 4 seasons @man utd? he's a zombie, not the required material we need to help us win big things.

he does this mistake in every game now. a needless backpass that puts de gea under pressure. he either overhits or underhits the ball, causing commotion in the defence.

if you look at the top teams, they have 2CBs who are goal threats from corners, setpiece, etc. chelsea have terry/cahill. city have kompany, madrid have ramos/pepe, bayern have boateng/benatia.

has jones ever scored a header from a corner or a setpiece for us in the last 4 seasons? i doubt it. so you just have a zealous defender who is not great at defending & who adds nothing attacking-wise.

i used to think jones had so much potential, and i still do, just as a rugby player for a pub team. his decision making is awful and he's consistently reckless. he's a health risk to the other players on the pitch & himself.

i hope he gets sold this summer.

Lool. Just imagine. Jones and Valencia, i dont know who does more back passes
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:30am On May 23, 2015
U cant really blame De Gea for wanting to leave. Having idiots like Jones snd Valencia play in front of u is enough to frustrate anybody

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 11:31am On May 23, 2015
elampiro:

Even if we buy Clyne, he will have to compete with Valencia. grin That's football. Chevchenco, Crespo, Torres were all benched by Drogba after they came in as supposed upgrade.

Was Falcao not supposed to confine all our strikers to the permanently to the bench.

Now you said you can list 7 games Val played, no more 15 matches he lost. Hahahaha. Fitionist.

Obviedo scored against Gaal, so also Adebayo scored against Smalling. Benteke ate Smalling in the past. We can go back. Valencia is having his first season as a right back, and he did magnificently well. If u dey vex go hit head for wall.
grin grin

Pawa it's Shevchenko
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:48am On May 23, 2015
where has he been more successful?

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:52am On May 23, 2015
SailorXY:
where has he been more successful?

as a team player? man united
individually? real madrid.

his stats for madrid can never be rivalled. he's become the deadliest professional footballer in the history of the game. if he doesn't score a hatrick in a game these days, the general consensus is he must have had a bad game
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 12:11pm On May 23, 2015
Moreover, he must have played more games in Madrid than in United shirt. sad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:24pm On May 23, 2015
adebayo201:
Moreover, he must have played more games in Madrid than in United shirt. sad

291 games - man utd
299 games - real madrid
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 12:34pm On May 23, 2015
I just don't want dis DDG saga to linger like wazza's saga did ,thereby disrupting our transfer business ,n particularly now dat d likes of Cech ,handanovic , Frazier Forster n Hugo lloris r available ,mk dem quick settle dis shii
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 12:49pm On May 23, 2015
parrotibaba:
I just don't want dis DDG saga to linger like wazza's saga did ,thereby disrupting our transfer business ,n particularly now dat d likes of Cech ,handanovic , Frazier Forster n Hugo lloris r available ,mk dem quick settle dis shii
where the guy dey go self?na longer throat wan kill am

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 2:43pm On May 23, 2015
coogar:

as a team player? man united
individually? real madrid.

his stats for madrid can never be rivalled. he's become the deadliest professional footballer in the history of the game. if he doesn't score a hatrick in a game these days, the general consensus is he must have had a bad game
agreed. I can imagine what could've been if he spent the 12 years in United. there would have been far more trophies for him than the 16 he currently gathered. phenomenal
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 2:52pm On May 23, 2015
coogar:

291 games - man utd
299 games - real madrid

It is still part of it oh. He joined Madrid just at his "prime age"
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 5:46pm On May 23, 2015
IYANGBALI:
where the guy dey go self?na longer throat wan kill am
Madrid ,d temptation to be a galatico lingers in d minds of any Spanish player n now casillas don go open dat im mouth d encourage R.Madrid to sign him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ehi69: 5:47pm On May 23, 2015
So this year has been a waste for Powell, lingard, perrera and adnan. At least Wilson got some game time.

Guys what should be our aim for next season? Please lets be realistic(a seven match unbeaten run(the only positive from this season!) Isn't enough to believe that we will win the BPL or CL next season)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:06pm On May 23, 2015
what else should we aim for if not to win the league?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 23, 2015
Manchester United

Louis van Gaal has gone some way to implementing his famous philosophy in the space of a season at Old Trafford, but the fact is that they are still suffering from a rebuilding job that was only half done last summer. They still need to address the defensive side of the team, and United badly need a leader of a centre-half and a central midfielder that can combine protecting the back line with proactive passing. It is crucial because it is the platform for so much else, and would allow even greater confidence and assertion in their possession game.

There were times -- such as in the win at Liverpool and home win against Manchester City -- when they showed what might be possible with brilliantly dynamic displays. There were many more times, however, when they looked so much more prosaic in possession. The grand question over Van Gaal is which is more reflective of his real level. The one slight worry for United is that his system isn't quite fluid enough for enough of the season to raise them to the level of champions, that it's still just missing something more in tune with the modern game. Then again, Van Gaal has banished such fears in the past. His transfers will reveal much.

http://www.espnfc.com.ng/barclays-premier-league/23/blog/post/2463240/how-the-premier-leagues-big-five-can-improve-for-2015-16
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 8:23pm On May 23, 2015
For me, we absolutely have to aim for the title.

Especially if we're spending another 100m+ on player transfers and more on silly wages.

assuming we lose DDG, I actually dont mind Valdes or Iloris replacing him.

We need a keeper thats not just good at making save but they have to be quick off their lines as well and that is Iloris and Valdes all over. Not really Cech even though he's good quality too.

Clyne to come in at RB and if the Otamendi rumours are true that's defence sorted.

Would love Morgan Scheiderlin (sp?) but he doesnt seem to be on our radar which is a shame. But someone of that ilk would be perfect.

Finally all depends on Di Maria. I hope he stays for a 2nd season as i truly believe he'll improve and be more consistent after settling in Manchester. I really think it'll be a big mistake to sell him. However, if he decides he cant settle in England then I guess we would have to go balls out for Bale and lose DDG to Real Madrid which isnt bad but also isnt great.

I'm actually happy to go into the season with Rooney, RVP and Wilson as our strikers as we'll mostly start one at any one time.

DDG/Valdes
Clyne/Valencia
Smalling/Jones/McNair
Otamendi/other/Rojo
Shaw/Rojo/Blind

Carrick/MorganS
Di Maria/MorganS
Herrera/Blind//Fellaini

Di Maria/Mata
Depay/Young

Rooney/RVP/Wilson

Januzaj, Blackett on Loan.

Rafael I like but I don't believe he has a future at the club considering this season.
Evans looks like he's gone but again. I'm happy for him to stay as part of the squad. they'll be lots of games and injuries I'm sure we'll need cover for.

Please God no more injuries.
Please LvG no Rooney in midfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:18pm On May 23, 2015
MrTA:

DDG/Valdes
Clyne/Valencia
Smalling/Jones/McNair
Otamendi/other/Rojo
Shaw/Rojo/Blind

Carrick/MorganS
Di Maria/MorganS
Herrera/Blind//Fellaini

Di Maria/Mata
Depay/Young

Rooney/RVP/Wilson
good squad but another midfielder, or two, is required; preferably with good pace.

I believe we will not win anything with that frontline
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 9:20pm On May 23, 2015
Another Ronaldo hatrick.. Another Messi brace...... Two words.... Shitty League
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:23pm On May 23, 2015
joeace2020:
Another Ronaldo hatrick.. Another Messi brace...... Two words.... Shitty League
guy forget

if Ronaldo returns to the Man United this summer, who do you think will top the scorers chart @ the end of the season? cheesy

it may even be handed over to him by Dec' 31

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 9:35pm On May 23, 2015
SailorXY:

guy forget

if Ronaldo returns to the Man United this summer, who do you think will top the scorers chart @ the end of the season? cheesy

This coming from you... i am disappointed......You of all people know how difficult the BPL is. A league where pub teams have no respect for any of the top teams. They'll go all out for your best players and ensure they get laid off fr a yl... ask costa, aguero... oboi leave that thing o... defenders in spain begin to piss on themselves once they see Ronaldo or Messi approaching... its disgraceful. They just open their legs to be raped like a hornyy maid

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 9:54pm On May 23, 2015
joeace2020:

This coming from you... i am disappointed......You of all people know how difficult the BPL is. A league where pub teams have no respect for any of the top teams. They'll go all out for your best players and ensure they get laid off fr a yl... ask costa, aguero... oboi leave that thing o... defenders in spain begin to piss on themselves once they see Ronaldo or Messi approaching... its disgraceful. They just open their legs to be raped like a hornyy maid
Oga there're no basis to your assertion. CR7 won the top scorer with a wide margin when he was in England. Costa came from spain to finish second behind Aguero who also came from spain. Mind you these two(Costa and Aguero) played second best in spain with CR7 and Messi topping the scorer chart with diff of nothing less than 25 to 30 goals each season. If Ronaldo or Messi comes to England today, they'll still mount the top scorer chart with ease. Please give honour where its due. CR7 and Messi are goalscoring beasts. Things like what you just said are heard because CR7 and Messi make goal scoring and toiling with defense look easy.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:01pm On May 23, 2015
SailorXY:

guy forget

if he's not allowed to take penalties & freekicks, he would struggle. he will not score 45 league goals in england......that's a certainty.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 10:15pm On May 23, 2015
coogar:

if he's not allowed to take penalties & freekicks, he would struggle. he will not score 45 league goals in england......that's a certainty.

thats y he's called penaldo/tapnaldo.... it seems the BBVA is all about helping Ronaldo n messi outwit eachother..... What a shameful or is it shameless league... look at the inconsistency in the top scorers in the BPL and other leagues as well as number of goals compared to this hopeless league season after season... says something about these leagues
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:38pm On May 23, 2015
joeace2020:

thats y he's called penaldo/tapnaldo.... it seems the BBVA is all about helping Ronaldo n messi outwit eachother..... What a shameful or is it shameless league... look at the inconsistency in the top scorers in the BPL and other leagues as well as number of goals compared to this hopeless league season after season... says something about these leagues

in the last 5 league seasons in the top european leagues......

•199 goals - ronaldo
•198 goals - messi
•117 goals - ibrahimovic
•80 goals - rooney grin cheesy

look at the gap between the top two & the third. it's almost embarrassing. in years to come, our grandkids are going to either laugh at us or have a total disbelief that these two players scored that many goals in their respective careers. the numbers are obscene!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by homesteady(m): 10:40pm On May 23, 2015
coogar:

If he has the same quality of supporting cast he has in madrid, he'll still score many goals in any league!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:41pm On May 23, 2015
homesteady:

If he has the same quality of supporting cast he has in madrid, he'll still score many goals in any league!

he won't......
it's more difficult to score here. the intensity is higher here & there is no winter break for ronaldo to refresh.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 10:49pm On May 23, 2015
coogar:

in the last 5 league seasons in the top european leaders......

•199 goals - ronaldo
•198 goals - messi
•117 goals - ibrahimovic
•80 goals - rooney grin cheesy

look at the gap between the top two & the third. it's almost embarrassing. in years to come, our grandkids are going to either laugh at us or have a total disbelief that these two players scored that many goals in their respective careers. the numbers are obscene!

That is if some new tap master, freekick n penalty specialist is not already scoring 100 league goals in that awful league by then...

(1) (2) (3) ... (1631) (1632) (1633) (1634) (1635) (1636) (1637) ... (14120) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: melodyogonna(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.