Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,853 members, 7,802,731 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1636) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8634567 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1633) (1634) (1635) (1636) (1637) (1638) (1639) ... (14120) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 8:20am On May 24, 2015
Beckham cum madrid to cum sell shirt, na glamour boy na, just dat him last season 4 man-united b4 him go madrid na hit him be,, just be say SAF get eye to see wen player go decline
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 8:21am On May 24, 2015
By de way happy sunday pals grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:26am On May 24, 2015
weedtaker:
just like i said, he was a worldclass centre forward ( and bro na u finish am?) and wen he arrived in madrid he was one of dia 1st choice striker and formed a great parnership with raul, abi u no see him first season in a united shirt (eredivise striker o) na hit him be o. and back den we no get a CURRENT ronaldo and messi type of player, though i can't remember any la liga dat won a golden in de EPL on his debut season but most of dem are all instant hits michu arguero sanchez and costa are all examples

so no la liga import has won the golden boot here out of the plenty of them that have come to england? does that not tell you what the competition is over here? they always complain about how tough it is, the intensity, the pace and the worst of it all, no christmas break to spend with friends & family.

costa only huffed & puffed, aguero would beat him to it in the end. torres also huffed & puffed in his debut season & ronaldo got to the finish line before him. you need years to acclimatize here before you can claim that prize.

ruud had peaked & his performance was dwindling. he had become 2nd fiddle to thierry henry & henry kept beating him to the golden boot. united weren't going anywhere too; we stopped winning the big prizes. the moment ruud left, united won the league after 4 years of league title barrenness.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 9:11am On May 24, 2015
So d season will come to a close today ...we need to win dis last game to end dis season on a high
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 9:21am On May 24, 2015
Abeg let's stop dis la liga n EPL debate ,both r different from each other ,one is known for its physicality while d other is known for its technicality ...still if both cr7 or Messi should come to EPL ,granted de won't be banging in 64 goals per season but de will still top d charts ,why?, because any team de step into is built around them ,so d free kicks ,d pks ,assists will be flooded towards dem n de will score regularly ...dis guys r above any other player currently in football so I don't see why de would struggle in EPL when both r naturally physical players ...cheers mates
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 9:25am On May 24, 2015
happy birthday to Eric Cantona
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 11:08am On May 24, 2015
coogar:

so no la liga import has won the golden boot here out of the plenty of them that have come to england? does that not tell you what the competition is over here? they always complain about how tough it is, the intensity, the pace and the worst of it all, no christmas break to spend with friends & family.

costa only huffed & puffed, aguero would beat him to it in the end. torres also huffed & puffed in his debut season & ronaldo got to the finish line before him. you need years to acclimatize here before you can claim that prize.

ruud had peaked & his performance was dwindling. he had become 2nd fiddle to thierry henry & henry kept beating him to the golden boot. united weren't going anywhere too; we stopped winning the big prizes. the moment ruud left, united won the league after 4 years of league title barrenness.
okay i don hear. But to me i still see it as de better league; by de way i hope say de intensity nd pace nd christmas holiday na wetin make di maria no play well dis season.. Atleast dis season don show am say e different and him go adapt next season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:33am On May 24, 2015
When u realise that today's the last day of the season

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pelvicky(m): 12:06pm On May 24, 2015
That ronaldo face be like "what does it profit a striker to score many penaltea and tap-ins without a trophy"
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 12:46pm On May 24, 2015
pelvicky:
That ronaldo face be like "what does it profit a striker to score many penaltea and tap-ins without a trophy"

angry angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:19pm On May 24, 2015
weedtaker:
okay i don hear. But to me i still see it as de better league; by de way i hope say de intensity nd pace nd christmas holiday na wetin make di maria no play well dis season.. Atleast dis season don show am say e different and him go adapt next season

of course....some of those factors would have affected him. the intensity here is too much. the number of games played during the winter break when most of the other european clubs are resting is ridiculous for english clubs. EPL teams play a minimum of 10 games(league + carling + FA cup) - and it's back to back. sometimes 4-5 games in 10 days.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 1:20pm On May 24, 2015
what are chances we grab 3rd spot?? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:29pm On May 24, 2015
SailorXY:
Don't think bout it cos arsenal ain't loosing
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:31pm On May 24, 2015
SailorXY:

very doable!

arsenal 0-3 west brom
hull 0-5 man utd
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:39pm On May 24, 2015
coogar:

very doable!

arsenal 0-3 west brom
hull 0-5 man utd
You sure know that won't happen
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:41pm On May 24, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
You sure know that won't happen

i never said it would happen, i said it's not impossible.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 1:42pm On May 24, 2015
coogar:

very doable!

arsenal 0-3 west brom
hull 0-5 man utd

yeah the probability tho. we are not even clinical enough to score that high away from home.

its rumored United has told Falcao his time @ OT is done.

I want to see Wilson, di Maria, Januzaj & Rafael(if available) all start.

like >>>
- - - - - - - - - Valdez - - - - - - - -
Rafael - Smalling - Jones - Rojo
- - - - - - - - - - Blind - - - - - - - -
Januzaj - Herrera - Angel - Young
- - - - - - - - - Wilson - - - - - - - -
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:51pm On May 24, 2015
coogar:

i never said it would happen, i said it's not impossible.
I understand
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 24, 2015
coogar:

of course....some of those factors would have affected him. the intensity here is too much. the number of games played during the winter break when most of the other european clubs are resting is ridiculous for english clubs. EPL teams play a minimum of 10 games(league + carling + FA cup) - and it's back to back. sometimes 4-5 games in 10 days.

When Epl fans talk about these, I shake my head for them. EPL teams got knocked out of the ucl at knock out stages making it one less competition to participate in. Chelsea got knocked out of FA cup at an early stage. Arsenal got knocked of carling cup at an early stage.

These proves that no EPL team fights for at least three trophies to the very end.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:05pm On May 24, 2015
van gaal ain't smiling at all.....

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:09pm On May 24, 2015
ollah1:

When Epl fans talk about these, I shake my head for them. EPL teams got knocked out of the ucl at knock out stages making it one less competition to participate in. Chelsea got knocked out of FA cup at an early stage. Arsenal got knocked of carling cup at an early stage.

These proves that no EPL team fights for at least three trophies to the very end.

what about the fatigue they have carried before the knock out stages of the UCL? EPL teams were playing back to back games when messi & suarez were in south america refreshing their batteries.

fatigue is actually one of the reasons EPL teams suffer in the KO stage of the UCL. no rest at all till february & by the time they meet other european teams, they are too knackered to compete. every top EPL manager has asked for winter break. if they do not think it would benefit their teams, they wouldn't ask for one.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 24, 2015
coogar:

what about the fatigue they have carried before the knock out stages of the UCL? EPL teams were playing back to back games when messi & suarez were in south america refreshing their batteries.

fatigue is actually one of the reasons EPL teams suffer in the KO stage of the UCL. no rest at all till february & by the time they meet other european teams, they are too knackered to compete. every top EPL manager has asked for winter break. if they do not think it would benefit their teams, they wouldn't ask for one.

Dude, all teams are opened to fatigue. Nobody cares if it plagues on any team, ucl knock out stage starts in Feb all these teams don't compete upfront in all those competitions for three months. Some gets knocked out at early stages.

By right carling cup is meant for youths but these teams still plays their best eleven in it and when the better competition shows up, they scream ehnn it's fatigue. Who cares? Who told them not to buy more players? Who told them not to rotate players? That's why u See smaller teams getting to cup finals cos that's the only thing they can win and secure a meaningful spot on the log.

Nobody cares
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:23pm On May 24, 2015
ollah1:

Dude, all teams are opened to fatigue. Nobody cares if it plagues on any team, ucl knock out stage starts in Feb all these teams don't compete upfront in all those competitions for three months. Some gets knocked out at early stages.

so why do european teams get winter breaks? why do their FAs re-schedule their games on friday nights to give them a leg up? go back and count the number of games arsenal/chelsea played when other european teams had their feet up during christmas.....

By right carling cup is meant for youths but these teams still plays their best eleven in it and when the better competition shows up, they scream ehnn it's fatigue. Who cares? Who told them not to buy more players? Who told them not to rotate players? That's why u See smaller teams getting to cup finals cos that's the only thing they can win and secure a meaningful spot on the log.

Nobody cares

carling cup is not meant for any youth - it's not an age-grade competition. it's not an under-21 competition. the number of games in england is too excessive & too intense for them to worry about europa cup!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 2:26pm On May 24, 2015
Line up

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 24, 2015
coogar:
van gaal ain't smiling at all.....
This line up makes sense. But i still think we are limiting Mata's abilities by playing him on the wings.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 24, 2015
coogar:

so why do european teams get winter breaks? why do their FAs re-schedule their games on friday nights to give them a leg up? go back and count the number of games arsenal/chelsea played when other european teams had their feet up during christmas.....

carling cup is not meant for any youth - it's not an age-grade competition. it's not an under-21 competition. the number of games in england is too excessive & too intense for them to worry about europa cup!

Rescheduling on Friday nights isn't exclusive only to epl. Don't make it look like it's special. when they played those games, who told them not to rotate players? Who told them not to buy one or two during the Jan transfers? Who told them not to believe in their youth players?

Prior to Mou's era, how does Arsenal and man u treat carling cups? Why were chelsea fans jubilating when they won the europa cup after all they shouldn't have cared about it
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Debroslink: 2:32pm On May 24, 2015
coogar:

Cooking up stories to cover up their failures. Who cares if u guys are playing during winter when others are having break time. Did u bring up this story when you guys were presenting 3 teams @ the semi final stage some 7 years ago?

Your league is now shiit. Deal with it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:51pm On May 24, 2015
Debroslink:

Cooking up stories to cover up their failures. Who cares if u guys are playing during winter when others are having break time. Did u bring up this story when you guys were presenting 3 teams @ the semi final stage some 7 years ago?

Your league is now shiit. Deal with it.

that achievement was in spite of the fatigue of the english clubs, not because of it. this is why your useless league went on strike for the non-payment of players. la liga has the same credibility of the nigerian league. the top 2 teams take about 40% of the entire TV revenue. it's a disgrace!

ollah1:

Rescheduling on Friday nights isn't exclusive only to epl. Don't make it look like it's special. when they played those games, who told them not to rotate players? Who told them not to buy one or two during the Jan transfers? Who told them not to believe in their youth players?

buying more players? you haven't heard of FFP? rescheduling games on friday is a way of helping european teams to be fresher for european games. they play friday night & they don't play until tuesday night for UCL....that's a break of 4 days.

EPL teams will play till saturday night & then jet straight out to europe for a tuesday might game, matches don't get moved here in england. you have to deal with what fate has handed to you. how can you not see the difference the extra day would make?

Prior to Mou's era, how does Arsenal and man u treat carling cups? Why were chelsea fans jubilating when they won the europa cup after all they shouldn't have cared about it

jubilating?
which jubilation? they won it like they won carling cup. i didn't see them on a tour bus screaming like rhesus monkeys cos they won a mickey-mouse club. who gives a toss about europa cup in england - teams are very happy to miss out of it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 3:22pm On May 24, 2015
Where is that dude asking for Valdez as no. 1? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by homesteady(m): 3:30pm On May 24, 2015
coogar:

stop flip-flopping & stay in one argument.
your initial argument was europa, why are you bringing champions league to it? was it europa cup arsenal celebrated? this was the question you asked....

the european trophies won by sevilla & athletico madrid, which of them is the champions league? if there's none then your rejoinder to my post is irrelevant. english teams take champions league seriously but they don't take europa seriously. stop mixing the two. arsenal qualified for UCL, sevilla/athletico won europa cup.

apples & oranges......

Stop pretending you don't understand what I said!
Or should I explain more? gringrin

EPL fans said English clubs don't take Europa cup seriously ( like you are saying now), then UEFA made a new rule that the winner will qualify directly for Champions league!

Which club will not like to get a direct spot to UCL? gringrin

I then gave examples of how desperate clubs are to qualify for Champions league -
Arsenal were celebrating qualifying for knockout stage and Van gaal said his target for this season is to qualify for UCL!

The likes of them Tottenham know they won't qualify for UCl through the league, so they must have taken the Europa League seriously, because they will meet "useless" teams like Sevilla and co! But yet, they were beaten black and blue by florentina ! and this Florentina received a white wash from Sevilla!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:31pm On May 24, 2015
coogar:

well......that settles it then!
i will score 40 goals in la liga if i play for any of barca or madrid.

Just the way bale and Suarez are scoring 40 goals after being best players in the epl

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 3:32pm On May 24, 2015
chrisley024:
Where is that dude asking for Valdez as no. 1? grin

Wetin happen... what happened to Di maria by the way

(1) (2) (3) ... (1633) (1634) (1635) (1636) (1637) (1638) (1639) ... (14120) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: TemporaryHansel, Jokerman(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.