Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,810 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1660) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8630154 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1657) (1658) (1659) (1660) (1661) (1662) (1663) ... (14119) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:17pm On May 29, 2015
coogar:

SAF said nothing like that.
stop lying. when did SAF say rooney played in the hole behind a striker?

mr. pawa, stop lying now
what shall it profit a man that lies with impunity to sway arguments?

SAF said he usually deploy Rooney behind a striker just as Ashley was deployed behind Agbonlahor and co.

Rooney himself said in 2008 that he had always played behind a striker.

I am logging out. We are going back.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:19pm On May 29, 2015
elampiro:
I keep going back and I keep seeing Rooney among the best every year. Yet every year they have been telling us Rooney is finished.

media hype, boy!

where was rooney in 12/13 season?
where was rooney in 13/14 season? grin

where would rooney be in 14/15 ballon d'or awards? and yet you cannot see beyond your nose that rooney is finished? grin

elampiro:

SAF said he usually deploy Rooney behind a striker just as Ashley was deployed behind Agbonlahor and co.
Rooney himself said in 2008 that he had always played behind a striker.
I am logging out. We are going back.

christ!
you lie for a living. when SAF made comment about ashley young & agbonlahor, it was before the start of 11/12 league season. young was about to join united then & SAF was comparing where young played in 10/11 season to where rooney played in 10/11 season.

we are talking about 11/12 season. grin
stop muddying up the waters with your lies. you cannot convince anyone here with your fraudulent articles. how can you put what SAF said about rooney before 11/12 season as an evidence that rooney played in the hole in 11/12?

chimo!!! grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 10:19pm On May 29, 2015
Rooney was not the best forward in europe that season, he was just the tournament best (real) striker (not false 9 like messi) in the uefa champions league, the stop awarding uefa best forwards, defender, midfielders, nd goal keepers after the 2009-10 season. Ronaldo won the eufa best forward of the year in 2007-08, but in the team of the year he was placed as a winger, messi won the best forward of the year in 2008-09, but in the team of the year, he was placed as a winger, milito won the best forward of the year in 2009-10, and was also placed in the team of the year as a centre forward.. So rooney being included in the team of the year as a centre forward, doesn't mean he was the best forward of the 2011 season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:23pm On May 29, 2015
weedtaker:
Rooney was not the best forward in europe that season, he was just the tournament best (real) striker (not false 9 like messi) in the uefa champions league, the stop awarding uefa best forwards, defender, midfielders, nd goal keepers after the 2009-10 season. Ronaldo won the eufa best forward of the year in 2007-08, but in the team of the year he was placed as a winger, messi won the best forward of the year in 2008-09, but in the team of the year, he was placed as a winger, milito won the best forward of the year in 2009-10, and was also placed in the team of the year as a centre forward.. So rooney being included in the team of the year as a centre forward, doesn't mean he was the best forward of the 2011 season.

Rooney was one of the three best forwards in 2011. Messi-Rooney-Ronaldo. What exactly did Rooney do to you guys?

Anything due to him must be that another deserves it. I think I am in the wrong Man United thread. Strange things here.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 10:27pm On May 29, 2015
And as of the 2010-11 season, UEFA renamed and started awarding it as the Uefa best player of the year (which means only 1 player will be awarded rather than the normal one which both gk's, midfielders, defenders and forwards are all awarded), and messi won the uefa best player of the 2010-11 season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:27pm On May 29, 2015
elampiro:

Rooney was one of the three best forwards in 2011. Messi-Rooney-Ronaldo. What exactly did Rooney do to you guys?

Anything due to him must be that another deserves it. I think I am in the wrong Man United thread. Strange things here.

mba!
you lied shamelessly rooney was the best striker in europe in 10/11. people with vast knowledge of the game are correcting you that your claim is bogus. if messi(striker) finished above rooney in the ballon d'or ranking, how then did you conclude rooney was the best striker? grin

na sunshine beer parlour @ekpoma you think say you dey? you think you can misinform the public with your strings of lies and get away with it? grin

weedtaker:
And as of the 2010-11 season, UEFA renamed and started awarding it as the Uefa best player of the year (which means only 1 player will be awarded rather than the normal one which both gk's, midfielders, defenders and forwards are all awarded), and messi won the uefa best player of the 2010-11 season.

another rusty nail hammered into elampiro's coffin. however, i trust him to claim messi played in the hole for barca & valdez was the main striker for barcelona that year.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:30pm On May 29, 2015
coogar:

media hype, boy!

where was rooney in 12/13 season?
where was rooney in 13/14 season? grin

where would rooney be in 14/15 ballon d'or awards? and yet you cannot see beyond your nose that rooney is finished? grin

Rooney was shortlisted for the 2014 award.

Media hype? Why cant Peter Crouch be hyped? Emily Hensky, Sturridge, Welbeck, Defoe, Sterling, Bent, etc

coogar:

christ!
you lie for a living. when SAF made comment about ashley young & agbonlahor, it was before the start of 11/12 league season. young was about to join united then & SAF was comparing where young played in 10/11 season to where rooney played in 10/11 season.

we are talking about 11/12 season. grin
stop muddying up the waters with your lies. you cannot convince anyone here with your fraudulent articles. how can you put what SAF said about rooney before 11/12 season as an evidence that rooney played in the hole in 11/12?

chimo!!! grin

SAF said this when United where already in the preseason. And has played some matches. He played Rooney in the hole in 2010/2011 and in the preseason of 2011/2012 he said that. Meaning he played Rooney in the hole.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 10:32pm On May 29, 2015
elampiro:

nope bro, he was the tournament best centre forward, i've no problem with rooney in the past, but his current performance in the united team is not acceptable considering the fact that we all see him as our star man, and we all expect him to deliver week in week out just like ronaldo, hazard, arguero, zlatan, tevez and messi, afterall he's the highest paid BPL player
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:32pm On May 29, 2015
weedtaker:

No one disputed this. Messi won the Ballon D'or.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:38pm On May 29, 2015
SAF neva played 4-4-1-1. He usually played the flat 4-4-2 And this is Rooney playing up front alongside Hernandez in a 4-4-2 wen we beat Arsenal 2-0 with 7 defenders

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:38pm On May 29, 2015
weedtaker:
nope bro, he was the tournament best centre forward, i've no problem with rooney in the past, but his current performance in the united team is not acceptable considering the fact that we all see him as our star man, and we all expect him to deliver week in week out just like ronaldo, hazard, arguero, zlatan, tevez and messi, afterall he's the highest paid BPL player

1. The award is for the all competitions. I dont know which is tournament centre best. I thought there was a separate award for euro best?

2. But Coogar said Hazard does not deliver because he doesnt score. In ten years time, someone would come to say Hazard scored 12 goals per season. About 18 months ago, they told me Robben is rubbish. They listed many wingers who are better than Robben. They said Robben wouldnt be above 15 million i transfer market that he was old.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 10:40pm On May 29, 2015
elampiro:

No one disputed this. Messi won the Ballon D'or.
and i'm not dragging with you that rooney ain't one of the 3 best forwards in the uefa champions league in 2011, but saying he was one of the best 3 forwards in europe that season is unacceptable, champions league and the whole europe no be thesame thin, europe consist of both league performance, and wayne wasn't better than chicha that year, though he was brilliant than him in the champions league tournament.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:42pm On May 29, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
SAF neva played 4-4-1-1. He usually played the flat 4-4-2 And this is Rooney playing up front alongside Hernandez in a 4-4-2 wen we beat Arsenal 2-0 with 7 defenders

This chart was made by my mechanic. I remember it vividly. Ukwu!!! grin

Which one is 7 defenders? I need to log out. Na kids full here. grin

What do you understand when SAF said he played Rooney behind a striker? You said SAF never used 4-4-1-1? Rooney also said he always played behind a striker.

In 2012/13 season, SAF said Rooney likes to play in the middle same place Kagawa plays. He said may be he may have to rotate them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:46pm On May 29, 2015
elampiro:

Rooney was shortlisted for the 2014 award.

Media hype? Why cant Peter Crouch be hyped? Emily Hensky, Sturridge, Welbeck, Defoe, Sterling, Bent, etc

shortlisted?
£300k/week striker was shortlisted & then what happened? he failed to make the final cut of the best 23 players in the world.

what a shame!

SAF said this when United where already in the preseason. And has played some matches. He played Rooney in the hole in 2010/2011 and in the preseason of 2011/2012 he said that. Meaning he played Rooney in the hole.

liar liar, pants on fire. grin
after getting caught pants down, he is still lying that SAF meant preseason games. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 10:47pm On May 29, 2015
elampiro:

1. The award is for the all competitions. I dont know which is tournament centre best. I thought there was a separate award for euro best?

2. But Coogar said Hazard does not deliver because he doesnt score. In ten years time, someone would come to say Hazard scored 12 goals per season. About 18 months ago, they told me Robben is rubbish. They listed many wingers who are better than Robben. They said Robben wouldnt be above 15 million i transfer market that he was old.
Hazard and robben are almost dsame, their style of play and average scoring abilities are alike, they are flashy wingers, and the have the ability to influence a game, not through scoring lots of goals, but through chances created and assist, their dribbling skills are also a nightmare to defenders, and they are also penalty winners for their respective teams and they sometimes win games for their teams with their own individual brilliant magic..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 10:51pm On May 29, 2015
And eh elampiro, man.utd did play with 7 defenders that season against arsenal in d F.A cup and i think fabio grabed a goal (rafael and fabio were d wingers, oshea was a dm, including the back 4, so we played wit 7defenders)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:53pm On May 29, 2015
AdeLaNa1:

hahahaha......
elampiro, another evidence is unearthed against you. cheesy

weedtaker:
And eh elampiro, man.utd did play with 7 defenders that season against arsenal in d F.A cup and i think fabio grabed a goal (rafael and fabio were d wingers, oshea was a dm, including the back 4, so we played wit 7defenders)

there was no electricity in elampiro's village that season. he wouldn't remember the cup tie where we played 7 defenders. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 10:53pm On May 29, 2015
Hazard and robben are also the star performers in their respective teams. Yet our wazza earns more than them, and he is not even our star performer this season. The guy is not performing at all, and he's not justifying his price tag (i mean salary)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:56pm On May 29, 2015
elampiro:

This chart was made by my mechanic. I remember it vividly. Ukwu!!! grin

Which one is 7 defenders? I need to log out. Na kids full here. grin

What do you understand when SAF said he played Rooney behind a striker? You said SAF never used 4-4-1-1? Rooney also said he always played behind a striker.

In 2012/13 season, SAF said Rooney likes to play in the middle same place Kagawa plays. He said may be he may have to rotate them.
For ur info dat was our line-up against Arsenal in an FA Cup match. I know coz i watched it(can't remember the season). And if u cant count d 7 defenders in dat line-up, then SMH for u.

U've been saying Rooney plays behind the striker. And yet the only time he played behind d striker was in SAF's final season 2012/2013. SAF had no choice but to change formation to 4-5-1 in order to accommodate RVP and Rooney with Rooney playing behind RVP(which was also Kagawa's favoured position which is why Kagawa was moved to the wings). U are d kid here bruh coz the way u argue sometimes, it makes one wonder if u just started watching United matches two seasons ago.

I'm not here to rubbish Rooney. But sure he can play SS, CAM and CM but Rooney has always been a Centre Forward at United
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:56pm On May 29, 2015
weedtaker:
Hazard and robben are also the star performers in their respective teams.

unlike rooney that got outperformed by RVP, falcao, young, mata & herrera grin

1 away goal in the league since march 2014. anytime i remember this stat, i feel like weeping. cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:57pm On May 29, 2015
weedtaker:
and i'm not dragging with you that rooney ain't one of the 3 best forwards in the uefa champions league in 2011, but saying he was one of the best 3 forwards in europe that season is unacceptable, champions league and the whole europe no be thesame thin, europe consist of both league performance, and wayne wasn't better than chicha that year, though he was brilliant than him in the champions league tournament.

The award is not for champions league alone. It's for all competitions including national team qualifying matches.

From August 2011 to October 2011 Rooney scored 11 goals in 14 appearances for Man United. There were 2 hatricks. he scored 3 against Arsenal and 3 against Bolton. 3 against Otelu home and away. 1 each against Chelsea and Tottenham. This was when FIFA votings wer going on.

Before this period, he scored 1 goal in CL final against Barca. He scored the lone goal in CL quarter final at Stamford Bridge, he dismissed Shalke 04 in Germany and made the return leg a formality. SAF rested him in the return leg. His goals would have gone up.

From january 1st to May 2011 Rooney scored 14 goals for Man United. He scored a hatrick against West Ham making it three Hatricks in the calendar year 2011.

So is this not enough to be among the best three forwards in the world. Remeber Rooney was playing as a number 10. I know you will like to dispute this out of your htred for him, but that is your headache.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:01pm On May 29, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
For ur info dat was our line-up against Arsenal in an FA Cup match. I know coz i watched it(can't remember the season). And if u cant count d 7 defenders in dat line-up, then SMH for u.

U've been saying Rooney plays behind the striker. And yet the only time he played behind d striker was in SAF's final season 2012/2013. SAF had no choice but to change formation to 4-5-1 in order to accommodate RVP and Rooney with Rooney playing behind RVP(which was also Kagawa's favoured position which is why Kagawa was moved to the wings). U are d kid here bruh coz the way u argue sometimes, it makes one wonder if u just started watching United matches two seasons ago.

I'm not here to rubbish Rooney. But sure he can play SS, CAM and CM but Rooney has always been a Centre Forward at United

1. I know that line up more than you do. Rafael and Fabio did not play as defenders. Again that is FA Cup match which the tactics are differnent.

2. SAF said he always played Rooney as number 10. Rooney said he always played number 10 behind a striker. Cole said SAF switched formation in 2001.

But you said SAF played 4-4-2. Who should I beieve, you or SAF? mY FRIEND UNITED PLAYED 4-4-1-1
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:02pm On May 29, 2015
elampiro:

The award is not for champions league alone. It's for all competitions including national team qualifying matches.

From August 2011 to October 2011 Rooney scored 11 goals in 14 appearances for Man United. There were 2 hatricks. he scored 3 against Arsenal and 3 against Bolton. 3 against Otelu home and away. 1 each against Chelsea and Tottenham. This was when FIFA votings wer going on.

Before this period, he scored 1 goal in CL final against Barca. He scored the lone goal in CL quarter final at Stamford Bridge, he dismissed Shalke 04 in Germany and made the return leg a formality. SAF rested him in the return leg. His goals would have gone up.

From january 1st to May 2011 Rooney scored 14 goals for Man United. He scored a hatrick against West Ham making it three Hatricks in the calendar year 2011.

So is this not enough to be among the best three forwards in the world. Remeber Rooney was playing as a number 10. I know you will like to dispute this out of your htred for him, but that is your headache.

so what if he was playing as a number 10? how many assists did he cop that year? how many key passes did he make that year?

nani, drogba, cesc made more assists than rooney in 10/11. berbatov, tevez, hernandez, darren bent, campbell of blackpool scored more goals than rooney that season.

so what exactly is rooney good at?

elampiro:

1. I know that line up more than you do. Rafael and Fabio did not play as defenders. Again that is FA Cup match which the tactics are differnent.

2. SAF said he always played Rooney as number 10. Rooney said he always played number 10 behind a striker. Cole said SAF switched formation in 2001.
But you said SAF played 4-4-2. Who should I beieve, you or SAF? mY FRIEND UNITED PLAYED 4-4-1-1

another desperate lie from the dungeons of elampiro. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 11:04pm On May 29, 2015
elampiro:

well i won't argue with you, cause i don't actually know what games and tournaments the uefa champions league best centre forward signifies, but come to think of it, its not supposed to awarded by a players current form, i think its awarded by a players overall performance in the season.. Well had it been uefa din't change dat award system, it would've been clear if rooney was truly the best forward or (centre forward as you call it) in europe that season... (Though messi won it as the best uefa player of the year)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:05pm On May 29, 2015
coogar:

hahahaha......
elampiro, another evidence is unearthed against you. cheesy

there was no electricity in elampiro's village that season. he wouldn't remember the cup tie where we played 7 defenders. grin

Waht does he know. He is your student na. He has no say of his own. He is brainwashed to hate Rooney.

SAF himself said he had laways used Rooney BEHIND THE STRIKER. Rooney said same thing.

Then an Ekwe Sample said SAF is lying, that United never played 4-4-1-1 before 2012/13?

Look at that Guy who is neutral and a follower of Laliga. He said Rooney plays behind the striker. That is what he knows him for.

See you guys tomorrow jare.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 11:06pm On May 29, 2015
coogar:

unlike rooney that got outperformed by RVP, falcao, young, mata & herrera grin

1 away goal in the league since march 2014. anytime i remember this stat, i feel like weeping. cry
you're not alone (via the weeping things grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:09pm On May 29, 2015
weedtaker:
well i won't argue with you, cause i don't actually know what games and tournaments the uefa champions league best centre forward signifies, but come to think of it, its not supposed to awarded by a players current form, i think its awarded by a players overall performance in the season.. Well had it been uefa din't change dat award system, it would've been clear if rooney was truly the best forward or (centre forward as you call it) in europe that season... (Though messi won it as the best uefa player of the year)

Rooney performed throughout the calendar year. He scored 3 hatricks, about 29 goals,. He scored against Chelsea in the champions league, the only goal at that crucial away match. He scored in Schalke 04, He scored against Barca in UCL final. He scored against City in the league.

His goals were spread throught the calendar year.

But you confuse euro award with Ballondor. I dont get you well. Ballondor is the world best. It covers all competitions and Rooney came as one of best three...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:11pm On May 29, 2015
elampiro:

Waht does he know. He is your student na. He has no say of his own. He is brainwashed to hate Rooney.

SAF himself said he had laways used Rooney BEHIND THE STRIKER. Rooney said same thing.

Then an Ekwe Sample said SAF is lying, that United never played 4-4-1-1 before 2012/13?

Look at that Guy who is neutral and a follower of Laliga. He said Rooney plays behind the striker. That is what he knows him for.

See you guys tomorrow jare.

putting your entire words in bold would not drive your points home. it's a desperate move to sound relevant.

SAF never said he always plays rooney in the hole. never ever cos that would contradict 09/10 season - never mind 07/08, 06/07, 11/12 season where rooney was a pure striker.

elampiro:

Rooney performed throughout the calendar year. He scored 3 hatricks, about 29 goals,. He scored against Chelsea in the champions league, the only goal at that crucial away match. He scored in Schalke 04, He scored against Barca in UCL final. He scored against City in the league.
His goals were spread throught the calendar year.
But you confuse euro award with Ballondor. I dont get you well. Ballondor is the world best. It covers all competitions and Rooney came as one of best three...

RVP scored more goals than rooney in the calendar year of 2011. outperformed who? where? when?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:11pm On May 29, 2015
weedtaker:
Hazard and robben are also the star performers in their respective teams. Yet our wazza earns more than them, and he is not even our star performer this season. The guy is not performing at all, and he's not justifying his price tag (i mean salary)

I thought you guys said the top scorer is the top performer? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:14pm On May 29, 2015
weedtaker:
Hazard and robben are almost dsame, their style of play and average scoring abilities are alike, they are flashy wingers, and the have the ability to influence a game, not through scoring lots of goals, but through chances created and assist, their dribbling skills are also a nightmare to defenders, and they are also penalty winners for their respective teams and they sometimes win games for their teams with their own individual brilliant magic..

Now stories are accepted. grin

So Hazard is no longer the the yeye player who dribbles about aimlessly? Ukwu!!!

Good you guys are confessing. Only when it appears to rubbish Rooney.

Una weldone. Good night.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 11:15pm On May 29, 2015
elampiro:

i'm not talking about balon d' or.. I'm talking of Uefa best player.. (The type ribery won dsame season dat ronaldo won de balon d' or)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 29, 2015
elampiro:

Lool. Of course Rafael and Fabio were the the wide midfielders in dat match so technically they played as midfielders. But they are natural defenders. Gibson was the only true midfielder in dat line-up(hence the 7 defenders)

SAF said.....
Rooney said......
Cole said.......
And yet SAF played 4-4-2. He played 4-4-2 wen we beat Milan 4-0 at Old Trafford back in 2010 with Rooney and Berbatov up front. He played 4-4-2 up until his last season where he switched to ur precious(4-4-1-1 which is technically a 4-5-1)

Like i said u probably just started watching our matches in 2012/2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (1657) (1658) (1659) (1660) (1661) (1662) (1663) ... (14119) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.