Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,247 members, 7,780,495 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:32 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8509263 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2183) (2184) (2185) (2186) (2187) (2188) (2189) ... (14078) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:50am On Oct 04, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Rooney has a good record against Arsenal. Like 3 goals in last 5 matches. If e plays rubbish tomorrow witout getting at least an assist, then we can finally conclude its ova for the fat îdiot..
If even he scores a hattrick, Rooney is still finished!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 10:55am On Oct 04, 2015
sinizia:

If even he scores a hattrick, Rooney is still finished!!
I really hope we sign Mane in January. Our attack can only get better with him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 04, 2015
The World Cup winner likened the young France striker to his former team-mate and spoke of his regret at failing to join the Old Trafford side

Former Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Petit has compared Manchester United striker Anthony Martial to former team-mate Thierry Henry, after the 19-year-old's impressive start to Premier League life. 

Martial moved to Old Trafford from Monaco in a deadline day deal worth up to £58 million, making the France international the world's most expensive teenager. 

Following the original furore around the deal, the former Lyon striker has settled into Premier League life well, scoring in wins over Liverpool and Southampton as well as a League Cup victory over Ipswich Town. 

And Petit, who won the Premier League during his time at Arsenal, has now likened Martial to former team-mate Henry, praising him as a "cold-blooded finisher". 

"I would compare Anthony Martial to Thierry Henry, because of his power and his languid style, and the way he moves," the 45-year-old told  Omnisport  ahead of Sunday's clash between Arsenal and United.

"He's a cold-blooded finisher, he always opens up when he's about to shoot. He is a kid who is clearly learning a lot from watching others with more experience.He tries to adapt his game and he has some fantastic qualities."

Petit has also indicated his regret at not moving to United during his career, suggesting that prioritising his private life over his playing career cost him a spell at Old Trafford. 

"Not signing for United myself is a regret, because who knows what might have happened? Every time I've made a decision based on my private life instead of my career I've always failed eventually," he added.

"I didn't do that often, just the two times, but each of those times I have failed. I should have listened to my inner voice.

The former France international revealed that former United manager Sir Alex Ferguson twice tried to sign him, also praising the quality of the midfielders plying their trade at Old Trafford at that time, and damning his time at Chelsea as "average".

"Ferguson called me twice and tried to convince me to come to United," Petit continued. 

"At the time there were outstanding players, the likes of Giggs, Beckham, Scholes and Keane. It would have been nice to play in midfield next to them.

"Eventually though I listened to my ex-wife and went to Chelsea. It wasn't all bad, it was average, a falsely good idea."

http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4071/premier-league/2015/10/04/15996002/petit-cold-blooded-martial-is-like-henry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:41am On Oct 04, 2015
I'd like to see Darmian back as the right back and Valencia as a winger to nullify the threat of Sanchez... Young can hold his own at left back with Mata behind Martial and Rooney dropped to the bench...But knowing Van Gaal, I can already picture Rooney with the arm band
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 2:04pm On Oct 04, 2015
Valencia is no longer a right winger
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 2:06pm On Oct 04, 2015
adeyemi2015:

The World Cup winner likened the young France striker to his former team-mate and spoke of his regret at failing to join the Old Trafford side

Former Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Petit has compared Manchester United striker Anthony Martial to former team-mate Thierry Henry, after the 19-year-old's impressive start to Premier League life. 

Martial moved to Old Trafford from Monaco in a deadline day deal worth up to £58 million, making the France international the world's most expensive teenager. 

Following the original furore around the deal, the former Lyon striker has settled into Premier League life well, scoring in wins over Liverpool and Southampton as well as a League Cup victory over Ipswich Town. 

And Petit, who won the Premier League during his time at Arsenal, has now likened Martial to former team-mate Henry, praising him as a "cold-blooded finisher". 

"I would compare Anthony Martial to Thierry Henry, because of his power and his languid style, and the way he moves," the 45-year-old told  Omnisport  ahead of Sunday's clash between Arsenal and United.

"He's a cold-blooded finisher, he always opens up when he's about to shoot. He is a kid who is clearly learning a lot from watching others with more experience.He tries to adapt his game and he has some fantastic qualities."

Petit has also indicated his regret at not moving to United during his career, suggesting that prioritising his private life over his playing career cost him a spell at Old Trafford. 

"Not signing for United myself is a regret, because who knows what might have happened? Every time I've made a decision based on my private life instead of my career I've always failed eventually," he added.

"I didn't do that often, just the two times, but each of those times I have failed. I should have listened to my inner voice.

The former France international revealed that former United manager Sir Alex Ferguson twice tried to sign him, also praising the quality of the midfielders plying their trade at Old Trafford at that time, and damning his time at Chelsea as "average".

"Ferguson called me twice and tried to convince me to come to United," Petit continued. 

"At the time there were outstanding players, the likes of Giggs, Beckham, Scholes and Keane. It would have been nice to play in midfield next to them.

"Eventually though I listened to my ex-wife and went to Chelsea. It wasn't all bad, it was average, a falsely good idea."

http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4071/premier-league/2015/10/04/15996002/petit-cold-blooded-martial-is-like-henry
It's not very common to see such honesty from rtd players when they are reminiscing on their careers
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 3:04pm On Oct 04, 2015
Young @RB, Carrick and Bastian Midfield. Hmmm LVG, I hope you know what you're doing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 04, 2015
I'm not feeling dis Carrick and Bastian combo in midfield o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 3:07pm On Oct 04, 2015
United: De Gea, Young, Smalling, Blind,
Darmian, Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Mata,
Rooney, Memphis, Martial

Subs: Romero, Jones, McNair, Schneiderlin,
Valencia, Fellaini, Wilson
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 3:07pm On Oct 04, 2015
UniqueGem:
Young @RB, Carrick and Bastian Midfield. Hmmm LVG, I hope you know what you're doing.

I hope so too.

Arse-Anal have a pacy attack.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 3:16pm On Oct 04, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
I swear, me too... LVG seems to think we'll dominate the game strongly and do little chasing of the ball but if this doesn't happen, we might pay for it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 3:16pm On Oct 04, 2015
Don't like this line up. Young at the back and the pair of Carrick and Bastian against a pacy assnal attack.

Good luck to the team!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DEIFIED(m): 3:17pm On Oct 04, 2015
LVG has refuse to grow some balls by dropping rooney to the bench, he can decide to bring him in the second half. Anyways i hope he doesn't continue his ghost mood today, knowing fully well that he usually scores against arsenal. And i hope he proves us wrong today.
My prediction is man u 3-1 arsenal.
GGMU....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 04, 2015
GBR1:

I swear, me too... LVG seems to think we'll dominate the game strongly and do little chasing of the ball but if this doesn't happen, we might pay for it.
Exactly. From the look pf things, he wants to control the midfield. And that could actually work. But those two could be a liability defensively. Hope this old man doesn't spoil things for us today....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 04, 2015
Merseyside derby in one pic grin grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 04, 2015
meracool:

Welcome Sir
Thank you sir
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 04, 2015
Odunharry:
United: De Gea, Young, Smalling, Blind,
Darmian, Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Mata,
Rooney, Memphis, Martial

Subs: Romero, Jones, McNair, Schneiderlin,
Valencia, Fellaini, Wilson
Hmm.. I hope Rooney performs today.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 3:45pm On Oct 04, 2015
[size=38pt]GGMU[/size]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 3:47pm On Oct 04, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Exactly. From the look pf things, he wants to control the midfield. And that could actually work. But those two could be a liability defensively. Hope this old man doesn't spoil things for us today....
It worked against Liverpool which was a big game for us, and i think that's why he trying it again. Maybe, LVG just doesn't trust Morgan enough to start him in these kind of matches.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 3:48pm On Oct 04, 2015
AdeLaNa1:

Gaal is a móron. No Schneiderlin to partner either of Teiger or Carrick? Starting Young at right back? What's wrong with this old móron?!! Why not start Darmian at 2, Blind at 3, Smalling and Jones CB, Mata behind Martial, Valencia at 7 to mark out Sanchez, and Rooney benched.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 3:48pm On Oct 04, 2015
angry
Uniteds 1st goal 2 be conceded from ashley youngs wing! Any takers?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 3:49pm On Oct 04, 2015
dopeJemi:
[size=38pt]GGMU[/size]

Don't let them shoot that your glory glory down. My prayer is for one of you guys win today. Draw wont be accepted

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 04, 2015
GBR1:

I really hope we sign Mane in January. Our attack can only get better with him.
Mane insists he is happy at southampton. I doubt he will sign for us come January.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 3:50pm On Oct 04, 2015
sinizia:

Gaal is a móron. No Schneiderlin to partner either of Teiger or Carrick? Starting Young at right back? What's wrong with this old móron?!! Why not start Darmian at 2, Blind at 3, Smalling and Jones CB, Mata behind Martial, Valencia at 7 to mark out Sanchez, and Rooney benched.
I just had this feeling Valencia would have done well especially against sanchez.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 3:52pm On Oct 04, 2015
Young has played left back and did quite well, Darmian is a natural RB. Why interchange them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 3:52pm On Oct 04, 2015
GGMU
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 3:53pm On Oct 04, 2015
GBR1:

I just had this feeling Valencia would have done well especially against sanchez.

It's a no brainer. Even a rookie coach knows this. With Chamberlin not playing, their 7 is weakend. All he needed to do is to man-mark Sanchez with the duo of Val and Darmian, and this game is done from the onset. What a móron!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 3:54pm On Oct 04, 2015
I just hope it's young at left back and Darmian at right back... Only mistake is Rooney instead of Mata as #10
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 3:54pm On Oct 04, 2015
airmark:

Don't let them shoot that your glory glory down. My prayer is for one of you guys win today. Draw wont be accepted

I can't hear you from high up the table tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 3:56pm On Oct 04, 2015
sylvalord:
Mane insists he is happy at southampton. I doubt he will sign for us come January.

He is happy maybe but that doesn't stop us from signing him. His words are negligible, and he could be happier at United.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 3:57pm On Oct 04, 2015
I see many Arsenal fans opting to attend house care fellowship rather than watching their pathetic club play...The fear is real...
At this point in time, a combination of Chelsea, Man city, Arsenal and Tottenham fc eleven will struggle to get a draw against the Champs elect that's Manchester United...
WONDERFUL TIMES ARE HERE AGAIN...
GGMU somebody...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 3:57pm On Oct 04, 2015
sinizia:

It's a no brainer. Even a rookie coach knows this. With Chamberlin not playing, their 7 is weakend. All he needed to do is to man-mark Sanchez with the duo of Val and Darmian, and this game is done from the onset. What a móron!!
Well, that being said... LVG could always make us eat our words. I don't mind that happening again because i want a win.

BTW, Herrera couldn't even make the bench. I guess he's still injured.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2183) (2184) (2185) (2186) (2187) (2188) (2189) ... (14078) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.