Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,401 members, 7,808,433 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2440) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8665323 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2437) (2438) (2439) (2440) (2441) (2442) (2443) ... (14139) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:24pm On Dec 01, 2015
ollah1:

Are they debt free at the moment?

Is SAF the coach at the moment?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:24pm On Dec 01, 2015
lekkie073:
and he won just one ucl in all his coaching career...
how is he superior

Do your research please. Its innapropriate for someone you are arguing with to be correcting you based on factual differences.

Ottmar Hitzfeld is superior to ferguson
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 01, 2015
elampiro:

Is SAF the coach at the moment?

Where they debt free when he left?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:27pm On Dec 01, 2015
elampiro:

You saw only riches but forgot the debts.

Which debt? Bill gates and Dangote too have debts.

For over 20yrs Man utd has been one of the richest teams in Europe

I still saw a Delloite money report in 1998 that has Man Utd as the richest team in the world
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 4:28pm On Dec 01, 2015
ollah1:

We are talking about 26 years and not few years. 26 GOOD YEARS

He was poor in Europe, simple!

I`m not disputing the years. The fewi years i`m refering to are the years he qualified for the final where the team was beaten by Barca.

Whether he`s at one club or not is even irrelevant to me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chestar5(f): 4:29pm On Dec 01, 2015
I dont like fergie but i know he is way above average....

Mayb 2 ucl titles in 25yrs is average to some piple, but i dont tink oda teams compete just to watch man u take it undecided......

FERGIE WAS A LEGEND, AN A+ coach cool......

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 4:29pm On Dec 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

Do your research please. Its innapropriate for someone you are arguing with to be correcting you based on factual differences.

Ottmar Hitzfeld is superior to ferguson
with one ucl in his entire career?
so one is greater than two because the person with one is a german....

there is nothing that puts him even on par with fergie talkless of above....

but I can understand ur predisposition to anything German...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 4:30pm On Dec 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

His number 1 superior Ottmar Hitzfeld. You can try refute it
How is he is superior?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 01, 2015
tess1:

I`m not disputing the years. The fewi years i`m refering to are the years he qualified for the final where the team was beaten by Barca.

Whether he`s at one club or not is even irrelevant to me.

Why didn't he get to more finals and win it. He go to the final 4 times, won twice (thanks to die minutes miracle and Terry) and lost the other two. What about the remaining 22 years?

Average coach.
FACT!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:31pm On Dec 01, 2015
Chestar5:

Mayb 2 ucl titles in 25yrs is average to some piple, but i dont tink oda teams compete just to watch man u take it undecided......

Ferguson is a legend in the EPL in Europe he was just above average

26 good yrs in the richest club where he has free access and authority yet won Just 2 CL titles?

Thats average. Only Arsene Wenger could have been worse
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 4:31pm On Dec 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

Maybe not poor but average

Consider that Man Utd was one of the richest clubs in Europe. Most of the time countries had 1 or 2 participants In Europe how many tier 1 and 2 football nation say 7. So Man Utd is one of 14 clubs who would compete every season

If I am given a team who has the riches of Man Utd and the type of free hand Fergie has. In 20yrs I would win more than 4 CL

I think I made a post a couple of months back showing how the decline of English football in Europe is really just the decline of Manyoo in Europe.

United were regularly in the quarters or Semis and made the finals under Ferguson 3 times I think.

Nothing average about that. At all.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:31pm On Dec 01, 2015
tess1:

How is he is superior?

Beat Ferguson head to head. Won the same number of CL in 2 different clubs in a shorter time
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:33pm On Dec 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

Which debt? Bill gates and Dangote too have debts.

For over 20yrs Man utd has been one of the richest teams in Europe

I still saw a Delloite money report in 1998 that has Man Utd as the richest team in the world
You can be richest in terms of Assets. But when you have compulsory debt servicing without commensurate income to balance your P&L account you could be running into financial problems if you spend wrecklessly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 01, 2015
Chestar5:

Man u have been the richest club for decades. Your current coach wouldn't coach one top side for 26 years and win just two trophies. Nobody would have heard of him if he wasn't managing an English club side.

He was simply a local Champion
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:34pm On Dec 01, 2015
Nihilist:

I think I made a post a couple of months back showing how the decline of English football in Europe is really just the decline of Manyoo in Europe.

United were regularly in the quarters or Semis and made the finals under Ferguson 3 times I think.

Nothing average about that. At all.

Man Utd under fergie 26yrs

2 trophies, 2 runner up 3 semi final knockouts

That means Ferguson made semi finals and beyond just 7 times in 20yrs coaching the richest team in the world with unrestricted authority
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:34pm On Dec 01, 2015
ollah1:

Where they debt free when he left?

Mr Man, Ferguson was paying the club owners debt for majority part of the period under debate.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:35pm On Dec 01, 2015
elampiro:

You can be richest in terms of Assets. But when you have compulsory debt servicing without commensurate income to balance your P&L account you could be running into financial problems if you spend wrecklessly.

Which of these was applicable to Man Utd.

And tell us how many teams were richer than Man utd during the tenure of Ferguson
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 01, 2015
elampiro:

Did he spend recklessly to win those number league titles? Why can't the same men win the UCL for at least a quarter of the leagues he won.

He was overrated
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 01, 2015
elampiro:

Mr Man, Ferguson was paying the club owners debt for majority part of the period under debate.

Hehehe so when he left manyoo, there was 0.0 debt right? grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chestar5(f): 4:39pm On Dec 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

Ferguson is a legend in the EPL in Europe he was just above average

26 good yrs in the richest club where he has free access and authority yet won Just 2 CL titles?

Thats average. Only Arsene Wenger could have been worse

Well, thats how u reason......just because he gave 2 ucl titles dat doesnt make him average as far as i am concerned....

Man u was a force in europe frm d bpl side, they were consistent in makin qrtr finals and d semis during fergie era..... Dats not poor.... Dats not average too....

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 4:39pm On Dec 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

Beat Ferguson head to head. Won the same number of CL in 2 different clubs in a shorter time

And how ,any did he win throughout his career? Did he win more than that 2 during his club coaching career?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:40pm On Dec 01, 2015
elampiro:

When did Man Utd have owners? And the debt he was paying, what did they use the money borrowed to do?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:41pm On Dec 01, 2015
tess1:

And how ,any did he win throughout his career? Did he win more than that 2 during his club coaching career?

He won 2 since he never had the relaxed environment to coach unchallenged in a club for 26yrs like ferguson
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 4:41pm On Dec 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

That means Ferguson made semi finals and beyond just 7 times in 20yrs coaching the richest team in the world with unrestricted authority

Richest doesn't equal Strongest.

Infact if you consider that bar Moscow 2008, Manyoo were the underdogs in the other 3 finals, you would realise how often Ferguson was punching above his weight in Europe. That he won 2 of 4 UCL finals is a testament to his ability
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:43pm On Dec 01, 2015
Chestar5:

Well, thats how u reason......just because he gave 2 ucl titles dat doesnt make him average as far as i am concerned....

Man u was a force in europe frm d bpl side, they were consistent in makin qrtr finals and d semis during fergie era..... Dats not poor.... Dats not average too....

How many semi finals did Man Utd make under fergue in 26yrs

Making a quarter final is not a big deal when only 16teams were qualifying for the CL. Qualifying for quarter finals just mean you are one of the top 8 out of 16 when you consider that Man Utd is the richest team
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 4:44pm On Dec 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

Lol! Unrestricted authority to spend money or what? Was he the owner of the club?There`ll always be a limit to what he can spend. Yes, he has the control of the team but not to spend money anyhow cos the club will always have obligations to meet.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:46pm On Dec 01, 2015
Nihilist:

Richest doesn't equal Strongest.

Infact if you consider that bar Moscow 2008, Manyoo were the underdogs in the other 3 finals, you would realise how often Ferguson was punching above his weight in Europe. That he won 2 of 4 UCL finals is a testament to his ability

Richest means he could buy anyone he wanted and he had no superiors questioning his decisions

For Man Utd to be underdogs in those 3 finals shows how poor he was compared to his opponents Since his team at the time cost more than his opponents

How can you coach for 20+ yrs coach a top team have unlimited finances yet make only 7 semi finals in 20+ yrs
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:48pm On Dec 01, 2015
tess1:

Lol! Unrestricted authority to spend money or what? Was he the owner of the club?There`ll always be a limit to what he can spend. Yes, he has the control of the team but not to spend money anyhow cos the club will always have obligations to meet.

Ferguson was the coach and manager he determines who he wants to buy and no one stands over him like Perez or Laporte do to Madrid or Barca or even Abrrahamovic in Chelsea

he has powers like Wenger and he delivered 2 CL in over 20yrs
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 4:49pm On Dec 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

Richest means he could buy anyone he wanted and he had no superiors questioning his decisions

For Man Utd to be underdogs in those 3 finals shows how poor he was compared to his opponents Since his team at the time cost more than his opponents

How can you coach for 20+ yrs coach a top team have unlimited finances yet make only 7 semi finals in 20+ yrs

Which team cost more than which opponents?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:51pm On Dec 01, 2015
Nihilist:

Which team cost more than which opponents?

His team in 1999 cost more than the Bayern team he met in the finals yet according to you was the underdog

Jaap Stam alone cost more than half of Bayern team
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chestar5(f): 4:53pm On Dec 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

How many semi finals did Man Utd make under fergue in 26yrs

Making a quarter final is not a big deal when only 16teams were qualifying for the CL. Qualifying for quarter finals just mean you are one of the top 8 out of 16 when you consider that Man Utd is the richest team

i hope u know being a rich club sometimes doesnt accounts for d number of trophies you will win....

I said it earlier, Oda teams didnt cum to compete so as to watch how the richest club among dem will take d ucl.....
Fergie was a good coach, way above average in europe..take it or leave it..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 4:54pm On Dec 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

Ferguson was the coach and manager he determines who he wants to buy and no one stands over him like Perez or Laporte do to Madrid or Barca or even Abrrahamovic in Chelsea

he has powers like Wenger and he delivered 2 CL in over 20yrs
Aside from Ancelotti is their another coach that we don't know about that has 3 UCL to his name ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2437) (2438) (2439) (2440) (2441) (2442) (2443) ... (14139) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.