Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,063 members, 7,807,189 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2654) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8659898 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2651) (2652) (2653) (2654) (2655) (2656) (2657) ... (14137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 10:45pm On Feb 10, 2016
elampiro:

Benzema has scored against strong teams like Bilbao, A. Madrid, etc. And he is well ahead of Suarez in goals.

May be another benzema not Karim
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 10:50pm On Feb 10, 2016
raumdeuter:

Chelsea lost how many games under Mourinho vs How many games have they lost under Hiddink?

What position did Mou leave them what position are they now?
Chelsea won 5 in 17 league games with Mourinho. After he left, they've won 2 in 8, so they have even had a higher win rate with Mourinho. I won't let you have your way with stats.

BTW, i see you have avoided the replies regards Pep.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 10:57pm On Feb 10, 2016
GBR1:

Chelsea won 5 in 17 league games with Mourinho. After he left, they've won 2 in 8, so they have even had a higher win rate with Mourinho. I won't let you have your way with stats.

BTW, i see you have avoided the replies regards Pep.

Chelsea lost 9 league out of 16 games under Mourinho(9L, 3D, 4W) 15 Points from 16 games

Hiddink Lost 0 league games in 8. (0L, 6 D, 2 W) total of 12 points in 8 games

Mou point per game was less than 1 as at when he was sacked, Hiddink is at 1.5point/game

So prove to me with stats that Chelsea havent improved from the days under Mou this seasomn

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 11:00pm On Feb 10, 2016
patrickmuf:
Forget the picture you have in your head, any team that goes up against Barca must employ defensive tactics...Even Bayern are a little cautious against Barca...Real too are a scary team so it'd be wrong to judge Simeone as a purely defensive coach...Mou with the quality of Madrid team wasn't ultra defensive as you would think...
Quality of players available to a coach hugely determines/affects his approach to the game...
which picture... Just 2matches and both recent ones....
las Palmas v ath Madrid and Eibar v ath Madrid.... ATM won both but twas a smash and grab kinda victory in which both ended in 1st half draw against teams they are suppose to dominate.
Bottom like is: simeone and ATM don't care about any form of possession..
Have u even watched them recently
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 11:02pm On Feb 10, 2016
raumdeuter:

Chelsea lost 9 league out of 16 games under Mourinho(9L, 3D, 4W) 15 Points from 16 games

Hiddink Lost 0 league games in 8. (0L, 6 D, 2 W) total of 12 points in 8 games

Mou point per game was less than 1 as at when he was sacked, Hiddink is at 1.5point/game

So prove to me with stats that Chelsea havent improved from the days under Mou this seasomn
Chelsea is currently 13th on the table. Mourinho left them at 15th. These figures are too minute to be considered improvement. Don't he used this same team to win Chelsea their league title in 5 years.
chidexxy007:

which picture... Just 2matches and both recent ones....
las Palmas v ath Madrid and Eibar v ath Madrid.... ATM won both but twas a smash and grab kinda victory in which both ended in 1st half draw against teams they are suppose to dominate.
Bottom like is: simeone and ATM don't care about any form of possession..
Have u even watched them recently
I don't understand how people can criticize Mourinho's football and claim to enjoy watching atletico.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 11:04pm On Feb 10, 2016
GBR1:

He has been vindicated by Chelsea's current position. Many thought he was the problem but is Chelsea faring any better after he left? The problem was with the players, as it's so obvious now.

Bayern got to 3 CL finals in 4 years before Pep. Pep has lost disgracefully in the semi-finals for 2 consecutive years, why has he failed to progress to the finals which the norm for Bayern before Pep?
I already gave you an example of how Mourinho improved Madrid in Europe. Conversely, Pep has done the reverse. No one would rate him that high regards the domestic dominance of Bayern if he fails to win the CL this season or even be runner up. I have explained this enough for you already, i can't spoon feed you.

You simply should have said major trophy instead of grasping at straws.
Even going by your logic, Ancelloti who won Madrid la Decima failed to win any major trophy the following season and he got sacked. But then and again, your club swiftly secured his services to replace Pep and you stand against the appointment of Jose simply because he got sacked at his previous club. What sort of hypocrisy is this? If i can recall correctly, Ancelloti must have gotten the sack more times than Jose and he is still widely regarded as successful. He even has a poor record in league titles but he is relatively better in cup games, but of course the bundesliga title shouldn't be that much of a problem to him.

Thank You for schooling him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 11:06pm On Feb 10, 2016
GBR1:

Chelsea is currently 13th on the table. Mourinho left them at 15th. These figures are too minute to be considered improvement. Don't he used this same team to win Chelsea their league title in 5 years.

Was there a statistical improvement from Hiddink vs Mourinho this season Yes or No?

0.9 point per game vs 1.5 game per season

if Mourinho had maintained 1.5 point/game while he was here they would be 37 points in 7th position and 10points behind 4th place

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dmcdad: 11:10pm On Feb 10, 2016
bykebyke:
The thing tire me cry
Some kind things, just do like say you no see them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 11:13pm On Feb 10, 2016
bigkesh:

Thank You for schooling him

Schooling fire? Tell us what you understand by whats been posted to know who is schooling who

Or you sef join and tell us statistically who has been better Hiddink or Mourinho

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 11:16pm On Feb 10, 2016
GBR1:

I don't understand how people can criticize Mourinho's football and claim to enjoy watching atletico.
Seriously, it baffles me too.
Maybe its because he does it with a less fancied team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 11:16pm On Feb 10, 2016
raumdeuter:

Was there a statistical improvement from Hiddink vs Mourinho this season Yes or No?

0.9 point per game vs 1.5 game per season

if Mourinho had maintained 1.5 point/game while he was here they would be 37 points in 7th position and 10points behind 4th place
You are too short sighted and unreasonable so you resort to manipulation of stats. The arrival of a new manager( above average ones) almost always coincides with instantaneous improvement but it's no guarantee of average or actual improvement. For example when Klopp first arrived at Liverpool, for the next few games, they picked up points faster than the previous rate recorded with Brendan. But currently after enough games, it's obvious that the rate is more or less similar to what Brendan had been achieving. Would you say Jurgen is a bad coach, or have Liverpool actually failed to improve? Chelsea have not improved in actual fact. What i said earlier stands, Chelsea are still struggling without Mourinho.
Besides, you are still avoiding my other questions.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:24pm On Feb 10, 2016
elampiro:

Benzema has scored against strong teams like Bilbao, A. Madrid, etc. And he is well ahead of Suarez in goals.
Benzema ahead of Suarez in goals?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 11:25pm On Feb 10, 2016
GBR1:

You are too short sighted and unreasonable so you resort to manipulation of stats. The arrival of a new manager( above average ones) almost always coincides with instantaneous improvement but it's no guarantee of average or actual improvement. For example when Klopp first arrived at Liverpool, for the next few games, they picked up points faster than the previous rate recorded with Brendan. But currently after enough games, it's obvious that the rate is more or less similar to what Brendan had been achieving. Would you say Jurgen is a bad coach, or have Liverpool actually failed to improve?

I would think you are the unreasonable one

A new coach brings new ideas bench some players e.g matic, Hazard, Start some Mikel and is getting results the players are playing better you are trying to adduce it to luck of new manager. How come Gary Neville isnt having the same Or Remi Garde
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 11:27pm On Feb 10, 2016
GBR1:
Chelsea have not improved in actual fact. What i said earlier stands, Chelsea are still struggling without Mourinho.
Besides, you are still avoiding my other questions.

Which other questions? I said Chelsea have improved from Mourinho times and this is evidenced by their point per game improvement 1.5 point per game under Hiddink

This is pure stats not sitting down in viewing center claiming something thats not. Chelsea is picking up more points than they were under mourinho thats not an opinion its a fact. You can choose your opinion, you cannot choose your facts

If Mourinho had the 1.5 point per game, Chelsea would be on 39points now
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 11:29pm On Feb 10, 2016
raumdeuter:

I would think you are the unreasonable one

A new coach brings new ideas bench some players e.g matic, Hazard, Start some Mikel and is getting results the players are playing better you are trying to adduce it to luck of new manager. How come Gary Neville isnt having the same Or Remi Garde

I think i made myself clear when i said above average managers. I knew you would fall for this too. Like i said, you are too short sighted and you can continue proving me right.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 11:32pm On Feb 10, 2016
raumdeuter:

Which other questions?
Bayern got to 3 CL finals in 4 years before Pep. Pep has lost disgracefully in the semi-finals for 2 consecutive years, why has he failed to progress to the finals which the norm for Bayern before Pep?
I already gave you an example of how Mourinho improved Madrid in Europe. Conversely, Pep has done the reverse. No one would rate him that high regards the domestic dominance of Bayern if he fails to win the CL this season or even be runner up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 11:33pm On Feb 10, 2016
GBR1:

I think i made myself clear when i said above average managers. I knew you would fall for this too. Like i said, you are too short sighted and you can continue proving me right.

I think you are the short sighted or rather the ignorant one here

A manager instantly changes playing ideas and gets result ignorant ones think its luck. I am sure you are one of those who think football is 100% luck

while people are thinking and tweaking tactics you are there sitting down hoping to be lucky

The same Ranieiri that is topping the epl now took Valencia and plunged them down
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 11:35pm On Feb 10, 2016
[quote author=GBR1 post=42810920][/quote]

Before Mourinho Chelsea won back to back European cups. When Mourinho took them they regressed one semi(which you claim was bad for Pep) and one second round knockout
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 11:36pm On Feb 10, 2016
raumdeuter:

I think you are the short sighted or rather the ignorant one here

A manager instantly changes playing ideas and gets result ignorant ones think its luck. I am sure you are one of those who think football is 100% luck

while people are thinking and tweaking tactics you are there sitting down hoping to be lucky
Point to where i ascribed improvement to luck. what exactly are you on about?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 11:38pm On Feb 10, 2016
GBR1:

Point to where i ascribed improvement to luck. what exactly are you on about?

Below is your quote

GBR1:

The arrival of a new manager( above average ones) almost always coincides with instantaneous improvement but it's no guarantee of average or actual improvement..

What makes a team have instantaneous improvement under a new coach if not a change of tactics?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 11:45pm On Feb 10, 2016
raumdeuter:

Below is your quote
What makes a team have instantaneous improvement under a new coach if not a change of tactics?
There are a number of factors and i don't have to explain every single bit to you. For instance, Players increase their work rate and try to secure a place in the first team of the new manager or to avoid being dropped. If you want to claim these too as change of tactics, then i have no other reply to you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 11:53pm On Feb 10, 2016
GBR1:

There are a number of factors and i don't have to explain every single bit to you. For instance, Players increase their work rate and try to secure a place in the first team of the new manager or to avoid being dropped. If you want to claim these too as change of tactics, then i have no other reply to you.

Players are professionals and in most cases their work rate remains the same. If a coach is using a player wrongly and another one changes tactics it would seem as if he is putting more effort.

E.g in Chelsea under Mourinho Costa was drifting more to the wings which I assume was a Mourinho tactic to pull away the CB and give opportunity for the Central players to get in

Nowadays Costa is played in a more Central role and his output has increased

Mourinho found no use for Mikel rather played Matic as the lone marker. matic was weak and useless. Hiddink changed that With Mikel solidifying the middle

All these changes which are personnel and tactical are what novices wont notice but just think its the players putting more effort
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 12:00am On Feb 11, 2016
raumdeuter:

Before Mourinho Chelsea won back to back European cups. When Mourinho took them they regressed one semi(which you claim was bad for Pep) and one second round knockout
Chelsea won the CL albeit not even convincingly and finished 6th in the league and then regressed by getting knocked out in the group stages of Cl the next season and they ended up in the europa. Do you know what their league position was when they won the CL against Bayern? How can you compare winning the the CL to the europa? All these happened pre mourinho and when he arrived, he got them to the semi finals in his first season when they couldn't go past the group stage in the previous season? This is in fact another improvement on Mourinho's part so how can you compare this to Pep's failure?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 12:05am On Feb 11, 2016
GBR1:

Chelsea won the CL albeit not even convincingly and finished 6th in the league and then regressed by getting knocked out in the group stages of Cl the next season and they ended up in the europa. Do you know what their league position was when they won the CL against Bayern? How can you compare winning the the CL to the europa? All these happened pre mourinho and when he arrived, he got them to the semi finals in his first season when they couldn't go past the group stage in the previous season? This is in fact another improvement on Mourinho's part so how can you compare this to Pep's failure?

Chelsea got to the CL final and won the CL without Mourinho. from winning the CL and later Europa he got them to semi and then second round exit(Looks like you are ommiting that second round exit)

CHelseas worst league position ever position is 16th and was achieved by Mourinho.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:23am On Feb 11, 2016
airmark:

May be another benzema not Karim

Benzema
UCL 66.8 mins per goal
League 70.8 mins per goal

Suarez
UCL = 90
League = 94.5

Suarez has only one goal above Benzema even though he has played 545 minutes more which is about six matches.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:26am On Feb 11, 2016
bykebyke:

Benzema ahead of Suarez in goals?

Benzema is more prolific than Suarez at the moment.
Benzema
UCL 66.8 mins per goal

Suarez
UCL = 90
League = 94.5

Suarez has only one goal above Benzema even though he has played 545 minutes more which is about six matches.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 1:47am On Feb 11, 2016
elampiro:

Benzema
UCL 66.8 mins per goal

Suarez
UCL = 90
League = 94.5

At least you have corrected your blunder.

elampiro:

The same benzema that pocketed by barca and just just dancing shakiti bobo on the ball without any highlight throughout. Below is something close to rating a CF. Every other thing you have been typing is laughable.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:53am On Feb 11, 2016
airmark:

At least you have corrected your blunder.

Below is something close to rating a CF. Every other thing you have been typing is laughable.

This this nonsense. Whoscored is a more reliable rating than this advance gugurakpa website.

Again, My first post was that Benzema had better goals per minutes played. So the flow followed from there.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:54am On Feb 11, 2016
El Confidencial today report that things with Jose Mourinho have taken a step forward. It's claimed that Jorge Mendes is arranging the final details via his London offices, with lawyers working on a 'maze of clauses' that will be included in a deal tying Mourinho to Manchester United until 2019.

Things are being finalised and resolved, and it sounds like, once the lawyers have done their bit, there's nothing in the way of announcing the deal, should Manchester United wish to.

Mourinho will be paid €20m per year for taking over at Old Trafford which would put him on less than Guardiola at Manchester City. Again, there's no definitive date of takeover set out, but that is likely to depend upon the club and circumstances.

El Confidencial have a history of getting there first, and a history of scoops, especially with their Real Madrid exclusives and insightful reporting of situations.

[Source: elconfidencial.com via @sportwitness] #MUFC #Mourinho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 2:09am On Feb 11, 2016
elampiro:

This this nonsense. Whoscored is a more reliable rating than this advance gugurakpa website.

Again, My first post was that Benzema had better goals per minutes played. So the flow followed from there.

You misinformed us that benzema had higher number of goals than suarez, my subsequent post made you recheck and you stylishly corrected it. Next time a little appology will do for the misinformation. Meanwhile, only a senseless madridsta will not prefer suarez in real than benzema based on current form. Was it not you i asked yesterday and confirmed de gea and courtois performed better than rooney only to change tune when you learnt whoscored picked rooney?. Credible ko, Terrible ni.

elampiro:

And you refused to see where I mentioned DeGea and Courtois as men of the match.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:12am On Feb 11, 2016
airmark:

You misinformed us that benzema had higher number of goals than suarez, my subsequent post made you recheck and you stylishly corrected it. Next time a little appology will do for the misinformation. Meanwhile, only a senseless madridsta will not prefer suarez in real than benzema based on current form. Was it not you i asked yesterday and confirmed de gea and courtois performed better than rooney only to change tune when you learnt whoscored picked rooney?. Credible ko, Terrible ni.

Every intelligent reader knew I was referring to goals per minutes because I had clarified that when I brought Benzema into the comparison.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 2:15am On Feb 11, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (2651) (2652) (2653) (2654) (2655) (2656) (2657) ... (14137) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: delkuf(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.