Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,974 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2847) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8631833 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2844) (2845) (2846) (2847) (2848) (2849) (2850) ... (14119) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:40pm On May 01, 2016
Kagawa10:

Lol!
You are clutching at straw, meh!
Herrera would even be ashamed using that you are using that to defend his shite display.
Guy go and park well! How many minutes did he even play that you're here shouting shite?

Keep on having headache on his case.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:48pm On May 01, 2016
adeyemi2015:
Kante can't play better than Blind..... if he's deployed as a Box2Box Midfielder! He's a very intelligent Player, also technically sound.
He's good on the ball, he can mark intelligently and make decisive passes!
It's time for Carrick to hang his Boots or shipped out of Old Trafford! We don't need Kante, rather we need Schneiderlin partnering Blind in the Midfield!
I hope Januzaj is fit and gets back to form, with him playing as RW and Martial LW, it will definitely be difficult for any Club to halt or contain our attacking threats for 90mins.
But the most important thing is; we can't lift a STONE with LVG in charge! I hope we win FA Cup sha!!!
Guy, be honest. Kante is currently the best box to box midfielder in epl. Blind might be better for the holding midfield role but the problem is he lacks both the pace and the physicality needed especially in epl.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 8:49pm On May 01, 2016
adeyemi2015:
Kante can't play better than Blind..... if he's deployed as a Box2Box Midfielder! He's a very intelligent Player, also technically sound.
It's time for Carrick to hang his Boots or shipped out of Old Trafford! We don't need Kante, rather we need Schneiderlin partnering Blind in the Midfield!
I hope Januzaj is fit and gets back to form, with him playing as RW and Martial LW, it will definitely be difficult for any Club to halt or contain our attacking threats for 90mins.
But the most important thing is; we can't lift a STONE with LVG in charge! I hope we win FA Cup sha!!!
Eventhough I don't see how you came to the conclusion that both players play similar roles but I would say Blind can't replace Carrick. His agility to turn on the ball in tight place is average at best, so is his awareness when defending in the midfield.
Lvg tried him in the midfield in the last 4 games last season when Carrick was injured and he was awful! I think he's found his rightful place in the defence and he's only going to get better there because this is the first time he's played there..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 8:57pm On May 01, 2016
adeyemi2015:
Could this be Spy360 of manure thread? He he he... cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:05pm On May 01, 2016
Spy360:
Good you know you're a madt man grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:16pm On May 01, 2016
Spy360:
Are you officially accepting that your comments and posts are Gibberish?!
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 01, 2016
Kagawa10:

Eventhough I don't see how you came to the conclusion that both players play similar roles but I would say Blind can't replace Carrick. His agility to turn on the ball in tight place is average at best, so is his awareness when defending in the midfield.
Lvg tried him in the midfield in the last 4 games last season when Carrick was injured and he was awful! I think he's found his rightful place in the defence and he's only going to get better there because this is the first time he's played there..
grin
It's just a personal assumption!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:34pm On May 01, 2016
Kagawa10:

Lol!
You are clutching at straw, meh!
Herrera would even be ashamed using that you are using that to defend his shite display.
The only person impersonating shame here is you & I think shame itself should forfeit that appearance as it suits you nicely.

You have been creaming your China boxers about Kante having 4 assists all season playing box-to-box for a title-winning Leicester but Herrera is bang average barely having play time under a doofus of a manager who'd rather have Rooney in midfield & Young @ right back.

Study the attachments below & tell us how Kante will be that "massive" upgrade on Herrera in attack or Schneiderlin for that matter.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:09pm On May 01, 2016
Eastbay:

So you mean Rooney was like Xavi/Pirlo today? Maybe my tv needs servicing.

Bottom line is that he was not effective.

Check his heat map. He spent a good portion in front of the Leicester box. How was that a deep-lying role or #8?

Look at their heat maps:

1. Fellaini played more inside the box.

2. Rooney played in the middle of the part.

3. Carrick played in the middle of the park, but less mobile than Rooney. Rooney was most mobile with the ball among the three.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 10:19pm On May 01, 2016
adeyemi2015:
Are you officially accepting that your comments and posts are Gibberish?! grin
They sure sound like yours. cheesycheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 10:21pm On May 01, 2016
chrisley024:
Good you know you're a madt man grin
Who invited you, yansh face. Lol

Your FACE is like YANSH man!

cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 10:25pm On May 01, 2016
Manure praying hard that Arsenal beat Manchester City to give them a chance for UCL next season.

I pledge to Nigeria...

cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:31pm On May 01, 2016
Eastbay,

Rooney had the highest touches of the ball which is 96 times. Fellaini only had 49 touches, and he still fell far below in pass accuracy. This is to tell you where each played. The heat map shows you where the players used the ball. Rooney had the highest touches and still came out with 86% pass accuracy. Although this is his worst pass accuracy since playing in midfield. He had almost 100% in one of the matches he started in midfield, he had higher pass accuracy than Carrick. My stat data is not loading fast, but I can tell Rooney has been effective in that midfield.

Another rating:
Man Utd v Leicester Detailed Player Ratings: Wayne Rooney shines, Marcos Rojo struggles
- daily Star.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:35pm On May 01, 2016
Spy360:
They sure sound like yours. cheesycheesy
grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:40pm On May 01, 2016
Kagawa10:

Lol!
Only Carrick was playing the 1 in the midfield while the players infront of him were Fellaini, Rooney, Lingard and Martial behind Rashford.
Rooney and Fellaini were based in the midfield with Martial and co on the wing!

No, see their heat map above, Fellaini was the attacking midfielder while Rooney was the central midfielder. Rooney and Carrick used the ball almost in the same zone.

This is the position Rooney has played in the last three games he started. How can Rooney touched the ball 96 times and Fellaini 49 times and you say they played in the same zone? Rooney had more touches than Carrick.

Rooney 77 passes. Fellaini 37 passes
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:13pm On May 01, 2016
The other two attacking players, Lingard and Martial. These two played more in the final third.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:13am On May 02, 2016
Spy360:

Who invited you, yansh face. Lol

Your FACE is like YANSH man!

cheesycheesycheesy
mtscheeewwww!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Hissexcellencie(m): 6:25am On May 02, 2016
chrisley024:
Guy, be honest. Kante is currently the best box to box midfielder in epl. Blind might be better for the holding midfield role but the problem is he lacks both the pace and the physicality needed especially in epl.
carrick, mark noble, danny Drinkwater, cazorla are not physical they aren't known to be pact either but they are good in their positions, very good. Thing is... For their role those two things are not a requisite; its just an added advantage. Talkless of if you leave BPL begin call... Alonso, busquets, kroos, gabi, thiago, dani parejo, xhaka, etc.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:42am On May 02, 2016
Hissexcellencie:
carrick, mark noble, danny Drinkwater, cazorla are not physical they aren't known to be pact either but they are good in their positions, very good. Thing is... For their role those two things are not a requisite; its just an added advantage. Talkless of if you leave BPL begin call... Alonso, busquets, kroos, gabi, thiago, dani parejo, xhaka, etc.
Blind is inferior to most of the guys you mentioned for that role. But I think pace and physical strength would have covered some of his weaknesses and improved him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Hissexcellencie(m): 6:53am On May 02, 2016
chrisley024:
Blind is inferior to most of the guys you mentioned for that role. But I think pace and physical strength would have covered some of his weaknesses and improved him.
I disagree with that. I can't argue based on those outside the BPL, based on the trophies they've won but blind can stand toe to toe with the holding mdifieldera in the pl. He has that passing, positional awareness, intelligence and composure. Just say Carrick don too do am and he has won many trophies too else who? Okay maybe cazorla, because of his goals from outside shots & free kicks but that's about it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:07am On May 02, 2016
Hissexcellencie:
I disagree with that. I can't argue based on those outside the BPL, based on the trophies they've won but blind can stand toe to toe with the holding mdifieldera in the pl. He has that passing, positional awareness, intelligence and composure. Just say Carrick don too do am and he has won many trophies too else who? Okay maybe cazorla, because of his goals from outside shots & free kicks but that's about it.
I wouldn't maybe as backup. We've seen Carrick flaws against physical and fast midfielders not to talk of Blind. It is not like he hasn't been tried there. He was but was average. Teams counter attacked us slicing through our midfield easily.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 8:10am On May 02, 2016
blind is the perfect replacement for carrick. i don't know why some folks here are not too okay with dis, they both share similar characteristics. they just need a good box 2 box midfielder to partner/complement them, and we have herrera and schnerderlin. so no need for de kante.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dmcdad: 8:37am On May 02, 2016
Spy360:
So you sef know say you no well.cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 10:39am On May 02, 2016
Rooney was our second best player yesterday though, he controlled the midfield very well and his passes were very direct, he passed the ball just the way I expected a footballer with brains to

Rooney did nothing wrong yesterday, he was a star in that midfield
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 11:01am On May 02, 2016
SailorXY:

The only person impersonating shame here is you & I think shame itself should forfeit that appearance as it suits you nicely.

You have been creaming your China boxers about Kante having 4 assists all season playing box-to-box for a title-winning Leicester but Herrera is bang average barely having play time under a doofus of a manager who'd rather have Rooney in midfield & Young @ right back.

Study the attachments below & tell us how Kante will be that "massive" upgrade on Herrera in attack or Schneiderlin for that matter.
Lol!
Did you even see your screenshot before posting it?
Even right there, you can see that Heererra had 5 assists as a no 10 role for Bilbao! It was only in the previous season he played as a box-box CM in a 3-man midfield and had only 2 assists to his name!
Kante on the other hand played in a 2-man midfield where he often start his move right from his co-midfielder, Drinkwater's standing position yet still had 4 assists!
You are really clutching at straw meh!
Herrera isn't even good enough to tie Kante shoe lace let alone being as good as him.
Abegi! Swerve!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 11:13am On May 02, 2016
elampiro:

No, see their heat map above, Fellaini was the attacking midfielder while Rooney was the central midfielder. Rooney and Carrick used the ball almost in the same zone.

This is the position Rooney has played since the last three games he started. How can Rooney touched the ball 96 times and Fellaini 49 times and you say they played in the same zone? Rooney had more touches than Carrick.

Rooney 77 passes. Fellaini 37 passes
I disagree!
Rooney saw more of the ball because the forwards, the midfielders and even right back constantly passed to him.
Rooney game was to receive the ball from Carrick to ping at Valencia who would then cut back for Lingard who would pass back to Rooney and the cycles continues, probably to Rojo the next time!
Fellaini on the other hand had fewer touches yet still made more impact with his movement and quick passing which were causing havoc for Leicester. It was only in the second half that the Lvg tried to make use of his aerial prowess by pushing him further forward and subsequently, we lost our foothold in the midfield as a result of that.
Fellaini was our best midfielder, then Carrick. Rooney was slow, lethargic, contributed little in the attack despite seeing more of the ball and was just too predictable with his constant long pass to the wing.
Also, Fellaini didn't play the whole minutes!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 11:18am On May 02, 2016
Also remember that Fellaini didn't play the whole minutes!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:20am On May 02, 2016

Blind is very weak in midfield. Last season when Carrick was injured, Blind was exposed. He was killed with pace and he could only pass with left foot, he was incapacitated when there was need to change the direction of play.

He only did well in the early part of last season, but he was soon find out and Gaal had to pad our midfield with more physical players like Fletcher, Fellaini and Carrick.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 11:26am On May 02, 2016
dmcdad:

So you sef know say you no well.cheesy
Me I dey normal, na una wey dey believe everything I spill be the people wey get brain crisis. Na you and Nonsoroyalty mumu pass for NL, because na una dey jump at everything una see.

Meanwhile, see as manure fans dey beg us to beat Man City so dat dem go see CL next season. Poor fellas.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:30am On May 02, 2016
Kagawa10:

I disagree!
Rooney saw more of the ball because the forwards, the midfielders and even right back constantly passed to him.
Rooney game was to receive the ball from Carrick to ping at Valencia who would then cut back for Lingard who would pass back to Rooney and the cycles continues, probably to Rojo the next time!
Fellaini on the other hand had fewer touches yet still made more impact with his movement and quick passing which were causing havoc for Leicester. It was only in the second half that the Lvg tried to make use of his aerial prowess by pushing him further forward and subsequently, we lost our foothold in the midfield as a result of that.
Fellaini was our best midfielder, then Carrick. Rooney was slow, lethargic and just too predictable with his constant long pass to the wing.
Also, Fellaini didn't play the whole minutes!

First of all you lied where you said Rooney saw the ball mostly because everyone passed to him. Rooney had the highest number of ball recovery (10 times) in the entire match, that's for both sides.

Rooney also passed mostly to Martial, not just Valencia. He changed our direction of play at will.

Secondly, Rooney's heat map showed he didn't play the same role as Fellaini. Fellaini sometimes played higher than Rashford.

The problem is that you didn't know tactics. Rodney's role was to protect Carrick while Fellaini was to support Rashford or try to bring the ball down in dangerous area for Rashford, Lingard and Martial.

There was also the need to make the pace of the game slow to frustrate the speed of Leicester, that was another thing Blind, Carrick and Rooney did. Even against Everton, Rooney explained that at 1-1 Everton were pressing us fast and hard, but he and Carrick decided to bring their experience to slow, control and balance the game in our favour. Rooney was not even really slow yesterday, he drove forward when needed and gave intelligent passes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 11:32am On May 02, 2016
dopeJemi:
Rooney was our second best player yesterday though, he controlled the midfield very well and his passes were very direct, he passed the ball just the way I expected a footballer with brains to

Rooney did nothing wrong yesterday, he was a star in that midfield
cheesycheesy This is a joke right ;>;>

Because most of the direct passes Rooney was giving were senseless, at a time when the team was pushing forward, he suddenly throws a back pass. He lacks that creativity somebody like Mata could bring from the middle.

Why was Mata on the bench?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 12:00pm On May 02, 2016
elampiro:

First of all you lied where you said Rooney saw the ball mostly because everyone passed to him. Rooney had the highest number of ball recovery (10 times) in the entire match, that's for both sides.

Rooney also passed mostly to Martial, not just Valencia. He changed our direction of play at will.

Secondly, Rooney's heat map showed he didn't play the same role as Fellaini. Fellaini sometimes played higher than Rashford.

The problem is that you didn't know tactics. Rodney's role was to protect Carrick while Fellaini was to support Rashford or try to bring the ball down in dangerous area for Rashford, Lingard and Martial.

There was also the need to make the pace of the game slow to frustrate the speed of Leicester, that was another thing Blind, Carrick and Rooney did. Even against Everton, Rooney explained that at 1-1 Everton were pressing us fast and hard, but he and Carrick decided to bring their experience to slow, control and balance the game in our favour. Rooney was not even really slow yesterday, he drove forward when needed and gave intelligent passes.
And where was Martial? On the wing of course!
That said! I don't know which game you were watching that had Rooney recovering ball 10 times. You probably mistook him for Kante who made 5 tackles and 6 interception in the game.
Also, Rooney heatmap wass mostly concentrated just outside the 18 yard box while the change of tactic in the second half was the reason Fellaini was often found in the box.
The reality is Rooney was predictable with his constant stup!d long passes to the wing and contributed little despite seeing more of the ball. He was just useless yesterday! There's no 2 way about it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2844) (2845) (2846) (2847) (2848) (2849) (2850) ... (14119) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.