Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3015) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8657430 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3012) (3013) (3014) (3015) (3016) (3017) (3018) ... (14137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RooRuudRonSaha(m): 9:55am On Jun 28, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
I can never support England again. Useless National Team. Anyways, can Rooney just die!! Azzin he should sleep and not wake up if he still insists on calling himself a footballer. Abeg we dont need all this rubbish at United.
cos of soccer,you want him to die, what a silly statement.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:56am On Jun 28, 2016
@Nihilist you can sabi hype eh... Takrizzy

Though me noh send English Team.. Dem can sabi fvckup wellaaa.. Dvmb fvckz
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 9:58am On Jun 28, 2016
A40:

What is poor about the argument? After last night it is as clear as daylight that the EPL needs to be BURNT DOWN!

What you paraded was essentially an EPL all-star team that could not beat a country with fewer people than the average crowd you would find in Redemption Camp on Holy Ghost Night. What a disgrace

Some of those Icelandic players are accountants and fuel attendants FFS

I see, the players of the national team are the only players that make up the EPL
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 9:59am On Jun 28, 2016
chic2pimp:

England simply underratd their Icelandic counterparts. They thought It would be a walkover alas it wasn't. Still have no doubt about the result had the three lions faced the Nazis. One way ticket back to Berlin
Taaaa. Maximum UFC beatdown na him the 3 Lizards for chop from the Weltmeisters
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 10:05am On Jun 28, 2016
dopeJemi:

I see, the players of the national team are the only players that make up the EPL
How many players in the England National Team play in other leagues? List just two I'll wait

If this English team went on to win the Euros ninjas would have bragged about their success, now that they have failed all man dey deny them like Simon Peter

Failure is truly an Orphan

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RooRuudRonSaha(m): 10:06am On Jun 28, 2016
Kane played 4 games and couldn't score yet united fans blame rooney for it. Joe hart should be banned from the team for a year
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 10:07am On Jun 28, 2016
A40:

What is poor about the argument? After last night it is as clear as daylight that the EPL needs to be BURNT DOWN!

What you paraded was essentially an EPL all-star team that could not beat a country with fewer people than the average crowd you would find in Redemption Camp on Holy Ghost Night. What a disgrace

I meant too type that many of the belgium stars are epl players.
missed a word.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 10:11am On Jun 28, 2016
elampiro:
[email][/email]

He didn't do well but he started well and got worse with time, particularly second half. After a few misplaced passes, his confidence ran out. There is the problem of attempting to dribble but he lost that ball in three consecutive attempts, and that completely was shattering. May be he should have just done the simple pass or lob the ball into the box, because for years he has not been playing that way - dribbling in final third. It worked for him against Wales but he failed woefully at those attempts last night.

But for poor players. Look at Cahil, Kane, Hart.

England

Hart 4 - Guilty of another howler for Sigthorsson's goal. Perhaps needs some time out.

Walker 6 - Left Sigurdsson for the equaliser but at least showed intent going forward
Cahill 4 - Also culpable for Iceland's second goal. Wasteful when given time on ball
Smalling 4 - Constantly dragged out of position and looked uncomfortable in possession.
Rose 6 - One of England's better performers – both defensively and going forward.
Alli 6 - Inexperienced showed at times but at least tried to make things happen.
Dier 5 - Often left on his own in the centre of midfield and looked to be injured. Subbed.
Rooney 6 - Scored his sixth Euros goal from the spot and did what he could to get England going
Sturridge 5 - Too many touches with no product. Out of position on the right. Booked.
Kane 4 - A shadow of the player who won the Golden Boot. First touch has gone completely.
Sterling 5 - Won the early penalty but it's clear that his confidence is shot. Subbed
Wilshere 5 - Still looked short of fitness and sharpness after being asked to save England
Vardy 5 - Gave England more movement up front but service lacking.
Rashford ( for Rooney, 86)
I really don't know why Hodgson didn't play Sturridge as a striker. He's at his best closer to the goal.
Moreso, Drinkwater should have been in the team. He's not only as good as Eric Dier in the defensive aspect but also, more productive and visionary on the ball.
Personally, the midfield should have been a 3-man midfield of Drinkwater, Henderson and Rooney with a front trio of Vardy (on the left), Sturridge (centre) and Dele Alli (on the right wing).
The likes of Kane, Sterling, Wilshere and Rashford could come in as subs. As a matter fact, after the hogwash served by the likes of Kane, Sterling after the first 2 matches, both should have been dropped from the first team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 10:25am On Jun 28, 2016
Elxandre:

I meant too type that many of the belgium stars are epl players.
missed a word.
My point is why are ninjas so quick to deny a team entirely composed of players from their favorite league. And eager to claim Belgium with about half of its squad playing in England

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 10:32am On Jun 28, 2016
A40:

This is one of the reasons why it's a very poor argument...

How was it an EPL all-star team when only 3 players in the EPL TOTY Started that game?

The French NT (that has been impressive thus far) is dominated by EPL players, you no talk. Don't you even think it's better for Belgium to crash out 1st before coping these premature erections of yours? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 10:33am On Jun 28, 2016
A40:

How many players in the England National Team play in other leagues? List just two I'll wait

Bros, it still doesn't change anything, I remember the epl also consists of players like ozil, payet, mahrez, kante, sanchez(player of the copa America) de gea, shaqiri

If this English team went on to win the Euros ninjas would have bragged about their success, now that they have failed all man dey deny them like Simon Peter

Failure is truly an Orphan

Only 2 out of 100 support the three lions on this board
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 28, 2016
So yawnited, and Totteringham players bottled it for England
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 28, 2016
Diademk07:

I really don't know why Hodgson didn't play Sturridge as a striker. He's at his best closer to the goal.
Moreso, Drinkwater should have been in the team. He's not only as good as Eric Dier in the defensive aspect but also, more productive and visionary on the ball.
Personally, the midfield should have been a 3-man midfield of Drinkwater, Henderson and Rooney with a front trio of Vardy (on the left), Sturridge (centre) and Dele Alli (on the right wing).
The likes of Kane, Sterling, Wilshere and Rashford could come in as subs. As a matter fact, after the hogwash served by the likes of Kane, Sterling after the first 2 matches, both should have been dropped from the first team.
Oga leave epistles
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 10:37am On Jun 28, 2016
dopeJemi:

Bros, it still doesn't change anything, I remember the epl also consists of players like ozil, payet, mahrez, kante, sanchez(player of the copa America) de gea, shaqiri

Only 2 out of 100 support the three lions on this board
Can you swear that your fellow EPL fans would not have come to the Bayern thread to troll had England gone on to win the Euros?

How can only 2% of fans support the by product of a league they love and support. Haba? How isn't that an indictment on the league itself?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 10:39am On Jun 28, 2016
At least, all the hooligans (Russia, England and Croatia) has gone home. Lol!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 10:43am On Jun 28, 2016
kokaneprodigy:

Oga leave epistles
Wetin?
Abeg let me rant o.
How many united players even played sef wey you dey hala?
Only 2, until Rashford 5mins cameo.
More so, I have always said on here that Sturridge is just as useless on the wing as Sterling.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 10:48am On Jun 28, 2016
A40:

Can you swear that your fellow EPL fans would not have come to the Bayern thread to troll had England gone on to win the Euros?

How can only 2% of fans support the by product of a league they love and support. Haba? How isn't that an indictment on the league itself?

Of course we would have, but only to troll you and Dayo, Dayo especially, not because we feel they are a great side

I despise British players, one of Griffon and nihilist can testify to this cause I think I had that discussion with one of them

Are the players of the national team entirely the product of the EPL? No, I for one became a lover of the epl because of Ruud van nistelrooy, so supporting the EPL doesn't mean we must also support their national team, the epl consists of not only British players, you should know that
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 10:49am On Jun 28, 2016
Dadehmola:

This is one of the reasons why it's a very poor argument...

How was it an EPL all-star team when only 3 players in the EPL TOTY Started that game?

The French NT (that has been impressive thus far) is dominated by EPL players, you no talk. Don't you even think it's better for Belgium to crash out 1st before coping these premature erections of yours? grin

As far as your league dey concerned Sturridge, Hart, Rooney, Smalling, Cahill are also stars. One bad season cannot change that one

Lmao. Belgium, France even Germany have EPL players we know this. People were celebrating Mertesacker and Podolski the mascot two years ago so I'm not suprised.

My point is how can everyone of you support the EPL in the league in Europe but time for Euros everybody run leave them to support France, Belgium even Germany wey get the same players from the league you all claim should be burnt down. Smh

Iceland kwa.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by stuff46(m): 10:57am On Jun 28, 2016
With Cahil and Smalling patnering in the defence, ypou expect England to reach somewere?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 10:58am On Jun 28, 2016
dopeJemi:

Of course we would have, but only to troll you and Dayo, Dayo especially, not because we feel they are a great side

I despise British players, one of Griffon and nihilist can testify to this cause I think I had that discussion with one of them

Are the players of the national team entirely the product of the EPL? No, I for one became a lover of the epl because of Ruud van nistelrooy, so supporting the EPL doesn't mean we must also support their national team, the epl consists of players with different nationality
I'm saying the long tradition of failure is why many are supporting other National Teams. La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A also comprise of players with other nationalities so why is this culture of abandonment so profound among EPL fans?

Why is no one willing to support a team that had 23 players from its league? It literally makes no sense
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:07am On Jun 28, 2016
A40:

I'm saying the long tradition of failure is why many are supporting other National Teams. La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A also comprise of players with other nationalities so why is this culture of abandonment so profound among EPL fans?

Why is no one willing to support a team that had 23 players from its league? It literally makes no sense

I like my white rice with stew, carrots, turkey and beans

But without those, it's boring and useless, so because I eat white rice with stew, carrots, turkey and beans means if i'm given just white rice i'll eat it? NO

How's that for a logic grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 11:16am On Jun 28, 2016
dopeJemi:

I like my white rice with stew, carrots, turkey and beans

But without those, it's boring and useless, so because I eat white rice with stew, carrots, turkey and beans means if i'm given just white rice i'll eat it? NO

How's that for a logic grin cheesy
Chai see the things wey failure don cause. Wetin concern Rice and Beans with your EPL flops?

BURN THE EPL DOWN

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:20am On Jun 28, 2016
A40:

Chai see the things wey failure don cause. Wetin concern Rice and Beans with your EPL flops?

BURN THE EPL DOWN

White rice- Brits

Stew, carrots, turkey, beans- players with different nationalities

White rice with stew, carrots, turkey, beans- EPL
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 11:27am On Jun 28, 2016
A40:

As far as your league dey concerned Sturridge, Hart, Rooney, Smalling, Cahill are also stars. One bad season cannot change that one

That's exactly the problem...

"Bad season", yet you tag them as "stars"

In this context, how are they "stars" when none of the aforementioned players was even good enough to make the TOTS last term ?

There's a difference between "best players in the EPL" & "best English players in the EPL"... at best, the later can only be a subset of the former!

A40:

Lmao. Belgium, France even Germany have EPL players we know this. People were celebrating Mertesacker and Podolski the mascot two years ago so I'm not suprised.

Germany doesn't fit into this context bros..

Bar ozil, how many EPL based players are regulars in the German NT?

I no need to dey list the EPL players wey dey run things for Belgium & France - hand go dey ache me from too much typing! cool

A40:
My point is how can everyone of you support the EPL in the league in Europe but time for Euros everybody run leave them to support France, Belgium even Germany wey get the same players from the league you all claim should be burnt down. Smh

Iceland kwa.

In the sports section, the main EPL clubs are Man utd, Arsenal & Chelsea. How many top players from the aforementioned clubs started for England yesterday? In entirety sef, how many of them are in the English team?

The mediocrity of british players is an issue that has been overflogged on this same forum yet we are expected to support these same players all in the name of EPL solidarity.

E no connect!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 11:39am On Jun 28, 2016
dopeJemi:

White rice- Brits
Stew, carrots, turkey, beans- players with different nationalities

White rice with stew, carrots, turkey, beans- EPL
Can you eat just the stew, carrots and turkey with no rice?
I understood your analogy the first time. It applies to every other league
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 11:44am On Jun 28, 2016
mehn I miss the fall out from this England cock up.
Spain is out na Germany turn very soon.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:46am On Jun 28, 2016
A40:

Can you eat just the stew, carrots and turkey with no rice?

I understood your analogy the first time. It applies to every other league

Yes, with yam or spaghetti grin

FOH A40, na trouble you and Dayo just dey find cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 12:06pm On Jun 28, 2016
SIRcumalot:
mehn I miss the fall out from this England cock up.

Spain is out na Germany turn very soon.

nahh..theyd win euros
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jun 28, 2016
Diademk07:

Wetin?
Abeg let me rant o.
How many united players even played sef wey you dey hala?
Only 2, until Rashford 5mins cameo.
More so, I have always said on here that Sturridge is just as useless on the wing as Sterling.
Lol I don leave u ooo, kontinuuuu
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jun 28, 2016
Pple should leave arsenal outta of this, Wenger has never been a believer of English players, he only signs them and keep them on bench just to meet the quota.
And what's this about rice, stew and carrot shocked I thought the favourite food of manure fans was minced pie and wine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 12:46pm On Jun 28, 2016
Dadehmola:

That's exactly the problem...

"Bad season", yet you tag them as "stars"

In this context, how are they "stars" when none of the aforementioned players was even good enough to make the TOTS last term ?
How is it a problem? Is Hazard a star? Can we call Mourinho a star based on last season?

Dadehmola:

There's a difference between "best players in the EPL" & "best English players in the EPL"... at best, the later can only be a subset of the former!

In the sports section, the main EPL clubs are Man utd, Arsenal & Chelsea. How many top players from the aforementioned clubs started for England yesterday? In entirety sef, how many of them are in the English team?
Taaa. Even with your supposed World class players. Carrick, Rio, Ferdinand, Scholes, Neville, Lampard, Cole, John Racist ninjas would still say they don't support England. Let me get this straight so a National team has 3-5 players from your favorite club more than 80% from your favorite league and you are completely unbothered by how well they fare. Which kin contradiction be that? And don't play the I'm not English card too because even Nigeria una no kuku dey support

Lmao this na wetin Yoruba dey call Oju aye

Dadehmola:

Germany doesn't fit into this context bros..

Bar ozil, how many EPL based players are regulars in the German NT?
But we have EPL fans on this forum supporting the German NT. no be one no be two

Dadehmola:

I no need to dey list the EPL players wey dey run things for Belgium & France - hand go dey ache me from too much typing! cool
Then why are teams wholly comprised of EPL players not running things. You sef think am

Dadehmola:

The mediocrity of british players is an issue that has been overflogged on this same forum yet we are expected to support these same players all in the name of EPL solidarity.

E no connect!

Connect ko Phyno ni. You people need to take a stand

Jesu gba wa. Is it not on this same forum EPL fans told us Joe Cole is better than Schweinsteiger, Ashley Cole better than Lahm, Joe Hart better than Neuer, John Racist is better than BoaTANK, Wayne Rooney is better than Mueller ati be be lo. Wonders will never end

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 1:05pm On Jun 28, 2016
Mane, now a Pool's player!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3012) (3013) (3014) (3015) (3016) (3017) (3018) ... (14137) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.