Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,416 members, 7,781,209 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:40 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3016) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8511612 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3013) (3014) (3015) (3016) (3017) (3018) (3019) ... (14078) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:22pm On Jun 28, 2016
Diademk07:
Mane, now a Pool's player!
Jurgen Klopp has signed 4 players
Already... Liverpool shaaa be signing
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:56pm On Jun 28, 2016
#BREAKING Dortmund CEO Karl-Hans Watzke has confirmed to German website Der Westen that United have bid for Henrikh Mkhitaryan.

"We now have a different starting position, Manchester United’s offer has significantly improved. With such a decision we have to adhere to several strict aspects. I have already contacted the appropriate people and then the management will decide that, namely at the weekend, definitely"
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:49pm On Jun 28, 2016
Elxandre:
Oh my God!
Ramdeuter and A40

EPL is thrash but too many of belgium's star players are EPL based.

You've started another poor argument.

Ludacris would read this and ask "How low can you go"

You have a team of 100% EPL players crash out to Iceland a country less than Festac in population you are now clinging to Belgium?

EPL dominated English team 100% cannot beat Iceland? and this is the rubbish you came to spew

Tell me in your lifetime when a team dominated by EPL players have won any major trophy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:53pm On Jun 28, 2016
dopeJemi:

I see, the players of the national team are the only players that make up the EPL

ENglish NT is made up of 100% EPL players

Kane EPL top scorer, Alli best young player, Vardy top scorer runner up and one of the Players of the year, Rose, Rooney etc

If to say England had won, the same people denying them would be giving credit to EPL what manner of doublespeak is this?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:56pm On Jun 28, 2016
dopeJemi:

Of course we would have, but only to troll you and Dayo, Dayo especially, not because we feel they are a great side

I despise British players, one of Griffon and nihilist can testify to this cause I think I had that discussion with one of them

Are the players of the national team entirely the product of the EPL? No, I for one became a lover of the epl because of Ruud van nistelrooy, so supporting the EPL doesn't mean we must also support their national team, the epl consists of not only British players, you should know that

When ENgland won that meaningless friendly in March, the same people jumping all over are now denying then
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 2:58pm On Jun 28, 2016
dubylhover:

nahh..theyd win euros
I won't mind Italy winning it all.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:58pm On Jun 28, 2016
Dadehmola:

This is one of the reasons why it's a very poor argument...

How was it an EPL all-star team when only 3 players in the EPL TOTY Started that game?

The French NT (that has been impressive thus far) is dominated by EPL players, you no talk. Don't you even think it's better for Belgium to crash out 1st before coping these premature erections of yours? grin

The English team is made up of 100% EPL players how much more can that be representative of the EPL

Its like saying a Full blooded Ibadan boy father mother uncle aunty all from Ibadan is not representative of Ibadan

But another boy thats Half Ibadan half Owerri is the true representation of Ibadan
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:59pm On Jun 28, 2016
A40:

My point is why are ninjas so quick to deny a team entirely composed of players from their favorite league. And eager to claim Belgium with about half of its squad playing in England

E tire me o. Its basically bullshit. How would I hail Muller and Boateng in Bayern jersey and acclaim them my favoirte and a few weeks later hope they fail because they are in a different jersey?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 3:01pm On Jun 28, 2016
raumdeuter:

When ENgland won that meaningless friendly in March, the same people jumping all over are now denying then

Well I wasn't one of them and I think they did that just to troll you
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:02pm On Jun 28, 2016
A40:

I'm saying the long tradition of failure is why many are supporting other National Teams. La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A also comprise of players with other nationalities so why is this culture of abandonment so profound among EPL fans?

Why is no one willing to support a team that had 23 players from its league? It literally makes no sense

Its the long tradition of failure that makes this occur. Most La Liga fans support the SPanish team, Same with Serie A fans and Bundesliga fans even chic2pimp whose AC Milan isnt relevant currently supports Italy

Its only EPL fans would be saying I support Cahill till May ending but I hope he fails in the summer during NT competition
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 3:04pm On Jun 28, 2016
raumdeuter:

E tire me o. Its basically bullshit. How would I hail Muller and Boateng in Bayern jersey and acclaim them my favoirte and a few weeks later hope they fail because they are in a different jersey?
if peradventure lewandosky is ur favorite player in bayern and Poland happens to draw Germany, how do ur heart follow up such match? would u applaud Lewa when he scores or u just pray badluck follows him?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:04pm On Jun 28, 2016
A40:

How is it a problem? Is Hazard a star? Can we call Mourinho a star based on last season?

Taaa. Even with your supposed World class players. Carrick, Rio, Ferdinand, Scholes, Neville, Lampard, Cole, John Racist ninjas would still say they don't support England. Let me get this straight so a National team has 3-5 players from your favorite club more than 80% from your favorite league and you are completely unbothered by how well they fare. Which kin contradiction be that? And don't play the I'm not English card too because even Nigeria una no kuku dey support

Lmao this na wetin Yoruba dey call Oju aye

But we have EPL fans on this forum supporting the German NT. no be one no be two

Then why are teams wholly comprised of EPL players not running things. You sef think am

Connect ko Phyno ni. You people need to take a stand

Jesu gba wa. Is it not on this same forum EPL fans told us Joe Cole is better than Schweinsteiger, Ashley Cole better than Lahm, Joe Hart better than Neuer, John Racist is better than BoaTANK, Wayne Rooney is better than Mueller ati be be lo. Wonders will never end
Well said
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:05pm On Jun 28, 2016
dopeJemi:
Well I wasn't one of them and I think they did that just to troll you

troll me yet now that ENgland failed they are denying them

How can you hail one when he pass school test and deny him when he fails wAEC which hypocrisy is bgger than that
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 3:10pm On Jun 28, 2016
raumdeuter:

troll me yet now that ENgland failed they are denying them

How can you hail one when he pass school test and deny him when he fails wAEC which hypocrisy is bgger than that

There's no correlation there bros
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:10pm On Jun 28, 2016
lekkie073:
if peradventure lewandosky is he favorite player in bayern and Poland happens to draw Germany, how do ur heart follow up such match? would u applaud Lewa when he scores or u just pray badluck follows him?

I support Bayern and I would support Germany even if we have just 1 Bayern player in the National team because I support the league and most of the players come from the league

If Germany is out then I would support the teams that have Bundesliga players e.g Poland

How can elamps support Rooney for 11 months and claim he doesnt support him in the summer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 3:38pm On Jun 28, 2016
raumdeuter:

I support Bayern and I would support Germany even if we have just 1 Bayern player in the National team because I support the league and most of the players come from the league

If Germany is out then I would support the teams that have Bundesliga players e.g Poland

How can elamps support Rooney for 11 months and claim he doesnt support him in the summer.
so u mean a barca fan. would support Spain when he sees his idol messi playing against Spain. I so much doubt dat...

in such situations no single thesis can ascertain how rationally to respond. a fellow bayern fan who happens to love lewa too much might decide dat he wishes to see him score plenty goals which might ultimately lead to Germany being defeated.

England has d highest number of foreigners playing in their league. Dats why its d most watched. so u don't expect all foreigners dat follow certain English clubs to follow the country as well when it comes to international competitions.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 3:45pm On Jun 28, 2016
SIRcumalot:

I won't mind Italy winning it all.

grin grin,d winner of that match wud win d euros
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 4:21pm On Jun 28, 2016
raumdeuter:

Its the long tradition of failure that makes this occur. Most La Liga fans support the SPanish team, Same with Serie A fans and Bundesliga fans even chic2pimp whose AC Milan isnt relevant currently supports Italy

Its only EPL fans would be saying I support Cahill till May ending but I hope he fails in the summer during NT competition
It's not your fault. It's Hodgson I blame for all this iranu
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:21pm On Jun 28, 2016

Senior England players lost faith in Roy Hodgson - Sky sources

England stars rail against Roy

Senior England players doubted Roy Hodgson's ability to lead the team to the latter stages of Euro 2016 prior to Monday night's defeat to Iceland, according to Sky sources.

Instead, they lost faith in his decision-making as the tournament progressed.

Sky Sports News HQ understands senior members of the squad were concerned Hodgson's tactics would not get the best out of the team, while others questioned the selection of players suffering a lack of confidence or form.
SSNHQ has been told that senior England players:

Were surprised by the use of a 4-3-3 formation, which had barely been implemented in any of England's friendl matches in 2016.

Questioned the selection of Raheem Sterling for the Iceland game, after he showed signs of lacking confidence throughout the tournament.
Felt momentum had been lost by makin six changes for the Slovakia game, whic they drew 0-0.

Wondered why Adam Lallana did not st against Iceland after his impressive performances during the group stages.

Debated among themselves the merits playing Wayne Rooney in midfield, for t first time in his England career.

Were left frustrated that Marcus Rashfo was left to warm up for approximately 1 minutes before he was sent on for the final four minutes of the Iceland game with England in desperate need of a goal

Felt his pre-prepared statement at the post-Iceland press conference was an indication he may have doubted the team's chances before the game.

England were beaten 2-1 by Iceland in one of the biggest shocks in European Championship history, eliminating them from the competition at round of 16 stage.

The defeat prompted Hodgson to immediately offer his resignation to FA chief executive Martin Glenn, who accepted without hesitation.

Hodgson was out of contract at the end of the tournament and though he informed Glenn of his decision to walk away from the team, SSNHQ has been told even had he not done so, the Football Association would not have offered him a new contract.

However, while Hodgson shook hands with every England player in the dressing room after the Iceland game when informing them of his decision to walk away, sources close to the squad have confirmed the discord among the players was apparent well before Monday night's game.

Hodgson's decision to utilise a 4-3-3 formation left some players surprised, particularly after he had barely used the system in any of England's warm-up games prior to the tournament.

While England started their match against Turkey in a 4-3-3, they played with a 4-4-2 formation in the following pre-tournament friendlies against Australia and Portugal. Using a system that needed wingers also surprised members of the squad after Andros Townsend and Theo Walcott were both omitted from the final 23-man squad.

Sterling's inclusion was also heavily scrutinised by some players. Although popular with his peers, Sterling's confidence was thought to be low after a below-par performance against Russia, and seemed to take a further dip after his early miss against Wales, when his shot went over the bar from close range - the best chance of the opening 20 minutes in that game.

Sources have said a number of England players were surprised Sterling was included in the starting line-up against Iceland having been taken out for the Slovakia match. Many felt Lallana - who was considered to be one of England's best performing players - should have started, yet remained on the bench in the shock defeat.

SSNHQ was told a number of players felt momentum had been lost by Hodgson's decision to make six changes to the line-up for England's final group match with Slovakia. Senior members of the team are known to have understood the need to make slight adjustments to the side, yet felt Hodgson went too far by making as many changes as he did. England went on to draw the game 0-0 and only qualified from Group B in second place.

Rooney's midfield role was debated at length, in private, by his team-mates. While it is understood all were impressed with how the England captain adapted to the midfield role Hodgson deployed him in, some questioned the wisdom of playing him there in the first place - arguing that Rooney, England's all-time leading goalscorer, remained the best No 9 in the squad.

In addition to that, a number of Rooney's team-mates felt if he was not going to be used as a striker, he should have at least been played as a No 10, enabling him to contribute either by scoring England's goals or creating them.
The use of Rashford - or lack of - was also discussed by players, who saw the Manchester United striker sent to warm-up for almost 10 minutes, yet only introduced to the game as England's final substitution, in the 86th minute of the game.

There was positive reaction to how Hodgson and his coaching staff approached the Iceland game. At half-time, the England manager reminded his players to have patience, and to remember France were behind at half-time against Ireland and ultimately prospered. However, the same players doubted his tactical acumen to turn the situation around.

Meanwhile, senior Football Association officials were left disappointed that Hodgson opted not to field questions from members of the media at his post-match press conference on Monday evening.

It was expected that despite having resigned effective immediately, Hodgson would carry out all of his normal media obligations, but he instead opted to read from a pre-prepared statement, not fielding questions from members of the assembled media about the game. Hodgson also did not conduct any interviews with the tournament's rights holders, which could lead to a fine from UEFA.

Hodgson was then invited by the FA to speak at a press conference on Tuesday in Chantilly, either before, or alongside, chief executive officer Martin Glenn. Hodgson initially declined the opportunity to face questions on this second occasion, before changing his mind.

www.skysports.com/football/news/12016/10327446/senior-england-players-lost-faith-in-roy-hodgson-sky-sources

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:22pm On Jun 28, 2016
^^^

grin SMH. 'the players doubted the (Hodgson's) half time tactical acumen to turn things around.

I also felt Rooney should have been used in the number 10 or one of the forward roles he played in the qualifiers and friendlies, either he swims or sinks there. But there was pressure from the press and some legends to start Alli and Kane. But Hodgson could still have accommodated the three of them as he did against France in friendly when Rooney, Ali and Sterling played behind Kane in fluid attacking midfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:23pm On Jun 28, 2016
chic2pimp:

It's not your fault. It's Hodgson I blame for all this iranu

2016 you blame Hogson, 2010 you blame Capello, 2008 you blame McLaren, 2006 you blame Erikson, 2000 you blame Keegan

when would you face the truth and admit that English players and by extension EPL is crap.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 4:50pm On Jun 28, 2016
elampiro:
^^^

grin SMH. 'the players doubted the (Hodgson's) half time tactical acumen to turn things around.

I also felt Rooney should have been used in the number 10 or one of the forward roles he played in the qualifiers and friendlies, either he swims or sinks there. But there was pressure from the press and some legends to start Alli and Kane. But Hodgson could still have accommodated the three of them as he did against France in friendly when Rooney, Ali and Sterling played behind Kane in fluid attacking midfield.
I never trust all this media stuff who be the source?
dele Alli so far has been England best "10" plus he has a better understanding of Kane than Rooney ever will.
I don't think that was England problem.
I have only seen one half of the Wales England game all euros so take this for what it is worth.
Hodgson selection or tactics isn't the problem enough of these guy's just didn't play well.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 5:12pm On Jun 28, 2016
raumdeuter:

Ludacris would read this and ask "How low can you go"

You have a team of 100% EPL players crash out to Iceland a country less than Festac in population you are now clinging to Belgium?

EPL dominated English team 100% cannot beat Iceland? and this is the rubbish you came to spew

Tell me in your lifetime when a team dominated by EPL players have won any major trophy
2012 was the last time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:17pm On Jun 28, 2016
Elxandre:

2012 was the last time.

Spain starting 11 in 2012

Casillas - Real Madrid (Spain)
Arbeloa - Real Madrid (Spain)
Pique - Barcelona (Spain)
Ramos - Real madrid (Spain)
Alba - Barcelona (Spain)
Xavi - Barcelona (Spain)
Busquets - Barcelona (Spain)
Iniesta Barcelona (Spain
Fabregas - Barcelona (Spain)
Alonso - Real Madrid (Spain)
Silva - City ENgland

91% of Spain starting 11 were playing in La Liga

Explain how this team is dominated by EPL players
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 5:46pm On Jun 28, 2016
https://www.nairaland.com/3193846/freeze-reacts-2016-us-basketball

Not trynna drag us back, but will y'all call this racism?

I think this helps prove my point

EOD
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:52pm On Jun 28, 2016
SIRcumalot:

I never trust all this media stuff who be the source?
dele Alli so far has been England best "10" plus he has a better understanding of Kane than Rooney ever will.
I don't think that was England problem.
I have only seen one half of the Wales England game all euros so take this for what it is worth.
Hodgson selection or tactics isn't the problem enough of these guy's just didn't play well.
Source: Skysports.

The same skysports HQ that favoured some of these players criticised here, so I don't think it is biased.

Was Ali there when they played qualifiers? Ali had two bad games against Russia and Wales, in my opinion. Yesterday, he was not really there either.

The England front was a shadow if itself when compared to qualifiers. No activities, no pace, no mature movement and quality final balls. England were trying to be technical but that is not their game, and Ali and Kane were too young to enforce that. May be in two years, they could dominate. If anyone saw all the games since world cup till now, it will be obvious Rooney still has sense than these guys, except he had lost pace.

Previously, they had Miller, Sterling, Townsend, Walcott, Chamberlain, Welbeck who could play with pace and power (lol), unfortunately, they were not selected/available to play the kind of football they were used to.

We could see the impact of Rashford and Vardy. That is England's game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 6:07pm On Jun 28, 2016
raumdeuter:

Spain starting 11 in 2012
Casillas - Real Madrid (Spain) Arbeloa - Real Madrid (Spain) Pique - Barcelona (Spain) Ramos - Real madrid (Spain) Alba - Barcelona (Spain) Xavi - Barcelona (Spain) Busquets - Barcelona (Spain) Iniesta Barcelona (Spain Fabregas - Barcelona (Spain) Alonso - Real Madrid (Spain) Silva - City ENgland
91% of Spain starting 11 were playing in La Liga
Explain how this team is dominated by EPL players
silly i'm talking ucl.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:09pm On Jun 28, 2016
Elxandre:

silly
i'm talking ucl.

We are talking about National team, So question again when has an EPL dominated team won a National team tournament whether Eurocup or world cup
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 6:37pm On Jun 28, 2016
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 6:38pm On Jun 28, 2016
A40:

How is it a problem? Is Hazard a star? Can we call Mourinho a star based on last season?

The players you listed aren't the best in the EPL as you claimed earlier - that's the crux of the matter!

A40:

Taaa. Even with your supposed World class players. Carrick, Rio, Ferdinand, Scholes, Neville, Lampard, Cole, John Racist ninjas would still say they don't support England.

You coulda had a point if the aforementioned players played any part in yesterday's embarassment...

I'd rather you stick to the issue at hand bros...

A40:

Let me get this straight so a National team has 3-5 players from your favorite club more than 80% from your favorite league and you are completely unbothered by how well they fare. Which kin contradiction be that?

Man utd - 3 representatives (Smalling, Washed up Rooney & 18 year old Rashford)

Chelsea - 1 representative (Garri Cahill)

Arsenal - 1 representative (Wheelchair who hasn't been a regular for his club in the last 18months thereabout...

Why should fans of the listed clubs be arsed about the performance of a team filled with players at the level of the ones stated above?

A40:

Then why are teams wholly comprised of EPL players not running things. You sef think am

The focus should be on quality, not quantity bros...

For the umpeeth time, majority of the Brits in the NT aren't the best legs in the EPL - they don't even come close!

A40:

Connect ko Phyno ni. You people need to take a stand
Jesu gba wa. Is it not on this same forum EPL fans told us Joe Cole is better than Schweinsteiger, Ashley Cole better than Lahm, Joe Hart better than Neuer, John Racist is better than BoaTANK, Wayne Rooney is better than Mueller ati be be lo. Wonders will never end

Irrelevant to the discourse...

At the end of the tourney, a TOTT would be made available by UEFA - we would analyse the players that make the team & the real ballers would be known.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 28, 2016
What me i sha know is that one day, all this "Rooney must play nonsense" will end. It is pretty obvious he's weighing both England and United down.

Alls i'm just waiting for is his contract to expire. Make i come see the oloriburuku enemy of progress that ll want to renew it angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:32pm On Jun 28, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
What me i sha know is that one day, all this "Rooney must play nonsense" will end. It is pretty obvious he's weighing both England and United down.

Alls i'm just waiting for is his contract to expire. Make i come see the oloriburuku enemy of progress that ll want to renew it angry
abeg after next season make he dey go. The annoying thing is that people like him always refuse to retire except they start getting benched heavily.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3013) (3014) (3015) (3016) (3017) (3018) (3019) ... (14078) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.