Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8657091 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3203) (3204) (3205) (3206) (3207) (3208) (3209) ... (14137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:26pm On Aug 25, 2016
Diademk07:

[s]You left out Ibra who replaced Rashford in the starting lineup or the likes of CBj, Varela who had left while TFM has hardly seen any game time.

And who's running around like a headless chicken? You mean the best CM in the league last season? An integral part of Leicester winning team?
Kante is more of a CM than that box-box cum attacking midfielder wannabe we have though. A pity Chelsea keeps deploying him as a DM when he's at his best as a box-box.[/s]
Guy leave me abeg

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 11:07pm On Aug 25, 2016
AdisaOwala:
Kagawa10, I can see that your LVG madness don start again... undecided

Since you are hell Bent on Defending him, can you tell us why Phil Jones took corners for us two seasons ago?

How do you expect me to know? He was probably good at it in training.

BTW, I haven't defended everything Van gaal ever did. In fact, I did blame him for his failure to bring in enough quality into the team but one thing I'll keep harping on is the fact that a lot of the players were shite and the tactics Van gaal deployed got the best out of them which could have been worse under another manager. We all saw how the same set of players were well spanked by Dortmund for example.

Hence, I often find it unreasonable when some people says certain players were "van gaaled" when the truth is they were simply not good enough.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 1:28am On Aug 26, 2016
AdisaOwala:
Kagawa10, I can see that your LVG madness don start again... undecided

Since you are hell Bent on Defending him, can you tell us why Phil Jones took corners for us two seasons ago?
or playing Young as CF, Martial as LWF, Mata as RW, Rooney as CMF & Lingard as AMF all same time same game. The only thing he didn't do was playing de Gea as an outfielder. hehehe I'm sure no Man United fan ever thought they'd witness such insanity in their lifetime.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 2:35am On Aug 26, 2016
SailorXY:
or playing Young as CF, Martial as LWF, Mata as RW, Rooney as CMF & Lingard as AMF all same time same game. The only thing he didn't do was playing de Gea as an outfielder. hehehe I'm sure no Man United fan ever thought they'd witness such insanity in their lifetime.

The only insanity I can see right here is you for that bullshite you put up there.

Care to tell me where Mata has played in all his career at Chelsea and Valencia?
Or Martial who was mostly deployed as a SS or LWF for Monaco? Or Lingard who was either deployed as an AM or LW in the academy?

For the records, Young was only tried twice as a striker hence, I don't understand all the hullabaloo from your end, it wasn't as if he was our primary striker throughout the season. On the other hand, Rooney had to play in the team and since we had a better player in Rashford in the striker role, there's no way he could have played there. Hence, the midfield role..

I'm not seeing your saviour, Mourinho doing anything contrary to all these though. Even Rooney as a SS often drop deep into the midfield despite that hypocritic clown saying that Rooney won't play in the midfield.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 2:39am On Aug 26, 2016
SailorXY:
Rashford knows he has a better shot @ the UCL trophy this season than actually joining Arsenal. One billion players has played in the UCL, how many fingers have touched the ultimate prize?

You better goan bring £45m & collect Phil Jones - that's if Jones won't mind a trophyless career henceforth. Once the window shuts, I pity Wenger this season.
Save your pity. We don wan Jonsing we already got Per to pere about. Now we are upgrading. Check our transfer news. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 2:39am On Aug 26, 2016
Mata, Di Maria, Rooney all on the Pitch but na Jones baba see to dey take corner. He even dey raise hand like he sabi wetin he wan do grin grin

Walahi at some point, i thought De Gea would start taking freekicks. grin grin

Chai. LVG! U would not be missed. Rubbish!!

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DrinkWater10: 2:41am On Aug 26, 2016
Diademk07:

That's because Jose is weeding them away.

Rashford is a legit though. His performance for England already shows he's a talented player and if Mourinho hadn't come, he would have been the no 1 striker. I'm firmly of the opinion that he has more potential than Kane if developed the right way..

The likes of Varela, TFM, CBJ, Poole etc would have been fully involved this season if Van gaal had stayed.. Because they've all grown a year older and has had the little experience to back up their play due to their exposure last season.

Furthermore, all these aforementioned players get the basic right such as solid first touch, solid decision making when passing and good movement which is what impresses Van gaal the most.
bullocks
so your cbj would have benched luke shaw, Regan Poole would have benched smalling and bally, timothy fosu Mensah would have benched fellaini or Valencia in the dmf and Right back positions respectively same for 23 year old guliermo varela?
the class of 92 will never repeat itself youth players don't win you titles even benfica and Porto understands this.
How many la masia graduates after busquetts have walked straight into the barca first eleven?
man United academy is second to only la masia in terms of turn over in Europe forget the arsenal hype.
Pogba pique shawcross Tom heaton, will keane (burnley ) Evans( DrinkWater ,Danny Simpson, richy delaet ,nugent~all in liechester), ravel Morrison ,ashley fletcher and the list goes on are just some of our youth grads doing it in europe”s top flight leagues.
All of them cannot play in our first team at the same time.We should instead sell them off and insert buy back clause in their contracts.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 2:49am On Aug 26, 2016
I would be depressed if I don't get a CL grouping.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DrinkWater10: 3:01am On Aug 26, 2016
Spy360:
I would be depressed if I don't get a CL grouping.
Come and buy Phil Jones for £40million and 1 pound only!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 3:04am On Aug 26, 2016
DrinkWater10:

bullocks
so your cbj would have benched luke shaw, Regan Poole would have benched smalling and bally, timothy fosu Mensah would have benched fellaini or Valencia in the dmf and Right back positions respectively same for 23 year old guliermo varela?
the class of 92 will never repeat itself youth players don't win you titles even benfica and Porto understands this.
How many la masia graduates after busquetts have walked straight into the barca firth eleven?

Poole could have benched Carrick. He was already part of the first team squad at just 17yrs old and already made a cameo.

And when I said fully involved, I mean being given plenty of game time. There's no way the likes of Shaw et al could have played all the games available.

I'm quite sure Varela would have given Valencia a good competition because he's more technically sound as opposed to the kick and run version of Valencia. Also, he's got the ability to not only make fantastic crossing but also, superb throughballs.

He's defensively solid as well except for the few positioning lapse he had vs Liverpool in the Europa and that was due to his inexperience. For crying out loud, Varela and Rashford were our best players in the few games he played last season.

How can people forget these thing easily?

And don't make laugh at your Benfica and Porto jokes. You mean clubs who has had the likes of renato, Oliver Torres, inexperienced Casiemiro, James Rodriguez et al playing for them?

You asked how many La Masia graduated after Busquets? Munir is one. Barca also gave chances to the likes of Pedro, Tello, Bojan Krikc to claim their spot till they all showed they aint good enough for them.

I'm quite sure if Pep/Van Gaal/Rij kaard who promoted the likes of Iniesta, Xavi, Messi, Busquets were still there, more would have been promoted BTW. Without these aforementioned people, the dominant Barca era wouldn't have existed just the same way the dominant Bayern who made 3 CL finals in 4yrs wouldn't have existed either.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DrinkWater10: 3:16am On Aug 26, 2016
Diademk07:

Poole could have benched Carrick. He was already part of the first team squad at just 17yrs old and already made a cameo.

And when I said fully involved, I mean being given plenty of game time. There's no way the likes of Shaw et al could have played all the games available.

I'm quite sure Varela would have given Valencia a good competition because he's more technically sound as opposed to the kick and run version of Valencia. Also, he's got the ability to not only make fantastic crossing but also, superb throughballs.

He's defensively solid as well except for the few positioning lapse he had vs Liverpool in the Europa and that was due to his inexperience. For crying out loud, Varela and Rashford were our best players in the few games he played last season.

How can people forget these thing easily?

And don't make laugh at your Benfica and Porto jokes. You mean clubs who has had the likes of renato, Oliver Torres, inexperienced Casiemiro, James Rodriguez et al playing for them?

You asked how many La Masia graduated after Busquets? Munir is one. Barca also gave chances to the likes of Pedro, Tello, Bojan Krikc to claim their spot till they all showed they aint good enough for them.

I'm quite sure if Pep/Van Gaal/Rij kaard who promoted the likes of Iniesta, Xavi, Messi, Busquets were still there, more would have been promoted BTW. Without these aforementioned people, the dominant Barca era wouldn't have existed just the same way the dominant Bayern who made 3 CL finals in 4yrs wouldn't have existed either.
Varela cannot bench darmian talkless of valencia.
Regan Poole is not a DM so he cannot play in Carrick's position.
when last did munir start five competitive games on the trout for FCB.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 3:43am On Aug 26, 2016
DrinkWater10:

Regan Poole started out primarily as a midfielder and has played either as a CDM or in the defence at the academy, Van gaal view him as a midfielder than TFM for example, as shown by the cameo he gave Poole in the midfield.

Varela actually displaced Darmain from the starting line-up at one point until Valencia returned apart from the inexperience that showed in his game vs Pool in the Europa..

As for Munir, who did you expect him to displace? Suarez, Neymar or Messi?

What you're glossing over is the fact that a dominant Barca wouldn't have existed without the coach giving his hand to lift up the little Iniesta, Xavi, Messi, Busquets et al. They could have tow the same glory hunting path like others did, so?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:13am On Aug 26, 2016
eph12:
I asked someone to mention just one top team in Europe that has up to 3 starters from the youth team and I never heard from him again.

I am not like Diadem and Co that argue all day, once I see the argument is heading to a stale mate I move.

But if you decide to drag me back feeling some kind of superiority think again undecided.
They don't necessarily have to be starters, just Quality players that ply trade in topflight but you can take a good look at Messi xavi and Iniesta .

Or Lahm Muller and ex Swinesteger.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:30am On Aug 26, 2016
eph12:
I asked someone to mention just one top team in Europe that has up to 3 starters from the youth team and I never heard from him again. .

Barcelona - Pique Alba Iniesta Busquets Messi

Bayern - Hummels, Lahm, Alaba, Muller
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 5:09am On Aug 26, 2016
raumdeuter:

Remove Pique,Alba and Hummels.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 5:56am On Aug 26, 2016
eph12:

Guy leave me abeg
grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordjnr: 6:18am On Aug 26, 2016
Diademk07:

De Gea HARDLY MADE ANY SAVES vs ARSENAL for example and the youth played in that particular game?...

So true! No wonder we collected 3-0 at the emirates and escaped with a 3-2 scorline in old trafford in which they created more chances than us!

Conceding 5 goals against an average title rival is down to superb coaching tactics plus solid youth involvement I guess!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 6:43am On Aug 26, 2016
Diademk07:

I think you should stop quoting me first and foremost because I have yet to see any sense in any piece of yours. Ever!

slowpoke
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:53am On Aug 26, 2016
raumdeuter:

We were talking about recent graduates of the youth team not 26 years and above. Players like Pique Alba Hummels were sold off or loaned out before they were bought back by the club after they had improved elsewhere. That is what happened in Pogba's case but some don't want to see Pogba as a product of United youth team. And Pogba is just 23 sef. What I expect those players to do is to be loaned out to some EPL teams so they get match fitness and improve on their selves. Even those that will be sold should have a buy back clause not insisting that they make first team when United can't afford to experiment for now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:59am On Aug 26, 2016
Wingback:

I am not like Diadem and Co that argue all day, once I see the argument is heading to a stale mate I move.

But if you decide to drag me back feeling some kind of superiority think again undecided.
They don't necessarily have to be starters, just Quality players that ply trade in topflight but you can take a good look at Messi xavi and Iniesta .

Or Lahm Muller and ex Swinesteger.
Barcelona were lucky with the messi xavi Iniesta break just as we were lucky with Scholes Giggs Neville. Barca would struggle to replace any of those 3 especially Iniesta and messi.
Same thing with bayern. They had their break and they enjoyed it. To replace those guys they will most likely spend millions and try a few reserve before they finally get it right and it won't even come close to.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:03am On Aug 26, 2016
DrinkWater10:

They had academy graduate and they are spending millions on players now he is asking us how we expect munir to displace suarez and neymar. Like he wasn't existing or the academy was shut down when barca were bidding for those players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:06am On Aug 26, 2016
Funlordjnr:

So true! No wonder we collected 3-0 at the emirates and escaped with a 3-2 scorline in old trafford in which they created more chances than us!

Conceding 5 goals against an average title rival is down to superb coaching tactics plus solid youth involvement I guess!
Imagine that guy is happy with the way Arsenal tormented us calling it quality and tactics. Smh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 7:15am On Aug 26, 2016
Leicester and spurs suppose fit top their respective UCL groups
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 26, 2016
eph12:

Barcelona were lucky with the messi xavi Iniesta break just as we were lucky with Scholes Giggs Neville. Barca would struggle to replace any of those 3 especially Iniesta and messi.
Same thing with bayern. They had their break and they enjoyed it. To replace those guys they will most likely spend millions and try a few reserve before they finally get it right and it won't even come close to.

This is why I was trying to avoid the argument. Weren't you the one that asked for examples, I didn't even get it right but the winger raundeter guy came in. Abeg go sleep.

Do you know anyone in their academy, his stats? Look at Ajax they rely mainly on youth system and they flourished in it. Athletic Bilbao or something like that uses Spanish players mostly and they have been holding their own in top flight.

2 types of club...Money or Youth
City or United. And so far United will need the money route if it hopes for anything this decade.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 8:21am On Aug 26, 2016
```e be lyk say you de take drugs
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 26, 2016
This spy guy sounds like a frustrated troll..Wenger has dealt with him seriously
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:43am On Aug 26, 2016
WestHam getting knocked out in the qialifiers for the 2nd time in 2 years. Why do dey even bother??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:52am On Aug 26, 2016
Wingback:

This is why I was trying to avoid the argument. Weren't you the one that asked for examples, I didn't even get it right but the winger raundeter guy came in. Abeg go sleep.

Do you know anyone in their academy, his stats? Look at Ajax they rely mainly on youth system and they flourished in it. Athletic Bilbao or something like that uses Spanish players mostly and they have been holding their own in top flight.

City or United. And so far United will need the money route if it hopes for anything this decade.
I was just pointing to the fact that big club must spend to remain big. I used other top European clubs as examples. Bayern Barca RM are perfect examples after all they have good academy but still spend millions to buy players. Barca hit jackpot with Iniesta and Messi and will definitely struggle to replace those guys. There is nothing like two types of clubs. I say apart from the 92 class which other class did Sir really bring up the answer is simple none but he was buying young players fact. If Pogba and Bailly that still have at least 10 years are not considered as young then what are they?
If you are comparing a team like United with bilbao ajax et al I have nothing to say to you.
Mourinho priority now is getting back United on track before we can have the luxury of doing trial and error. Good day
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 9:07am On Aug 26, 2016
DrinkWater10:
Come and buy Phil Jones for £40million and 1 pound only!
£40,000,001 for some kinda [size=16] K-Legged Weido? [/size]
Nahhhh!
I wonder the kind own goal wey him go dey score with K-leg. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 9:15am On Aug 26, 2016
SIRcumalot:
Arsenal nko, why you hate me like this

cheesycheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 9:18am On Aug 26, 2016
SIRcumalot:
Oga na so we talk last season and LVG disgraced us with old school military tactics in the group stages. I still remember the PSV match at old Trafford like yesterday. Leicester are tasting champions League footie for the first time in their history while Spurs last tasted UCL football 6 years ago, both of them are inexperienced in this competition so don't expect too much from them.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AikayDaWrapper(m): 9:24am On Aug 26, 2016
Wingback:

Guy are you comparing Ajax and Bilbao to man utd.

Ajax just got trashed by FC Rostov with their youth and couldn't make it into the champions league. Bilbao are just an average club in Spain. Once in a while they'll challenge for European slots other times they're just midtable.

Is that what you want for man utd? Midtable obscurity?

I'm not against promoting youth, but the youth players need to be brought in at a time when the club is stable and less pressure is on them. Pogba developed at juve because he had winners and a stable team around him.

We are in a critical position now because if we don't get it right we could end up like arsenal or Liverpool going 10, 20 years without a title thinking every year is our year.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3203) (3204) (3205) (3206) (3207) (3208) (3209) ... (14137) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.