Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,550 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8665585 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3220) (3221) (3222) (3223) (3224) (3225) (3226) ... (14139) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 2:52pm On Aug 30, 2016
Deschamps: "Martial has a lot of qualities. I've already told him that so he is aware, but he must push himself a little harder sometimes."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 4:13pm On Aug 30, 2016
AdisaOwala:

Traditional Box-box Midfielders like Gerrard and Vidal have managed goals & assists in double digits..even from a pivot bros.

The crux of the matter is that - from an Attacking POV, Kante is too limited to be considered as a box-box Midfielder. He lacks the skillset/ability to create chances and has never been a geniune threat in & around the opposition's box - the few times he decides to venture forward!

A player that is rarely seen in & around the opponents box - how can he be seen as a box-box?

This is one of the reasons why peeps here dont take you seriously...

Whats the meaning of this rubbish again?

Stop telling lies...

Kante Made his debut for france in 2016 and this interview took place in september 2015

That was how you were arguing blindly about the Diamond formation that day when it was so obvious you knew nothing about its modalities.

Change your ways!

The interview was in September 2015, roughly the time he was signed!

I don't know what plan Raineri had for him because according to Leicester club, Kante isn't the player Raineiri wanted. He didn't even use him in the first game until Kante forced his way into the starting line-ups.

What does this point to? Raineri never knew his best position. He never wanted him nor knew the role he excelled but looking at his stats for Caen, all what could be deduced from the stats was his high defensive stats, hence the Makele comparism from Raineri point of view.
Eventually, Kante played as a box-box for Leicester because he was too good to be ignored in that role.

First and foremost, you had it backward on what's expected from a box-box CM. What's the role of a box-box CM? Simply to provide the running and movement from one end of the box to another. They basically join the attacks as well as contribute in the defensive aspect. Such players includes Khedira, Vidal, Ramires, Dembele, Jordan Henderson, Naigollan etc who are basically box-box CM.

Do the likes of Dembele, Khedira, Henderson who has mostly operated in a 2-man midfield have high offensive stats?

Leicester coach eventually realised that Kante is more of a runner as opposed to the Makele he thought he was, as seen here: http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2630690-claudio-ranieri-praises-battery-powered-kante-and-fantastic-horse-vardy

As a matter of fact, Kante himself already rubbish your claim of him not being a box-box CM at Leicester here: www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2016/ngolo-kante-i-must-do-what-i-am-doing-for-my-club-things-will-go-well/
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 4:31pm On Aug 30, 2016
UniqueGem:
A new one guys

An Assister of the Assist Man

Had problem comprehending that? Lol!

Assister of the assist man is basically Kante. He does not only assists, defend, provide energy in the midfield but the "assister" of the assist man (Mahrez). Without him, Mahrez has looked lost so far.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 4:33pm On Aug 30, 2016
cant complain about this aguero's imminent ban
i would have loved to see how our defence go face am, but i go take any help we can get against city.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 4:40pm On Aug 30, 2016
sinizia:
As usual, I came in to read post-match analysis on this thread and wasn't disappointed with the bitter comments by the "usual suspects''. If they didn't hate, I would have been been shocked. Y'all know them already, the haters masquerading as United fans. Let me not talk much about the intensity and pressure we played with in the second-half, or the never say never attitude of our entire team, or the brilliance of Bailly-Blind combo. I'll just point out my 3 negatives of yesterday. . .

1. Martial has been off form and I'm concerned. He looked miles behind the player he's for us last season. It hurts coz Martial on form is a force to be reckoned with. He needs a lot of encouragement and he needs to up his game. There's no more time, EFL waits for no man.

2. I think it's time I made peace with the fact no matter how Rooney stinks up the place, Mourinho doesn't have the balls to bench him as I thought last season. Whatever Rooney is using to hold United and Mourinho captive is very potent!! I give up. Or maybe, just maybe, Mourinho is still playing politics and is waiting for the right time to bench him to avoid the financial backlash benching him might incur. I don tire.

3. Finally, I feel peeved on how Kagawa10 keeps getting under the skin of many posters here. It makes me livid with rage. This is someone that y'all knows about his disdain for United and Mourinho's success and y'all keep getting worked up over his comments? Since United's first match this season, I've stopped reading his comments. I steady 'jump and pass" over 99.9% of his posts. The ones I read are those that contain 2 lines tops. I ignored all his arguments with Elampawa, I was just scrolling down with speed whenever I saw their posts quoting each other. Anyone I see going on that longass argument with him, I scroll past his debate with him too. No time.

As for Parrotibaba that was arguing with Wîngback, I pity you bro. That nigga is a troll. Yeah, he makes sense sometimes, but most times he spews trash. Ever wonder I don't reply his posts? He's the pink font-using moniker. I noticed him earlier last year when he was using different monikers posting on FP threads on Nairaland, steady posting pics of his boots, breakfast and laptop on EVERY thread. He was banned endlessly and he had numerous monikers. One of his monickers is Nigeriiantroll or something like that, that's to show you who he is. It's high time you learned that many are mad but few are roaming. Don't engage in mind numbing debates with every Dîck, Tom and Harry. That nigga will frustrate you. I don warn you finish.

As for me, whenever I saw the posts of Kagawa10 or Wîngback/Vanquąy16, I just. . .

For someone who barks "ignore" yet you tag me in every rubbish you spew.

You should know I don't even care about what you post only if you stop tagging me.

You're probably still smarting from the way I whipped you on your idiotic claim that Morgan is a useless defender. How could someone with functional eyes state such?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 5:01pm On Aug 30, 2016
Funlordjnr:
grin

Someone that shares this view about our resident alien probably due to their affinity for sharing long epistles of trash to hoodwink other pundits?

"Kagawa10 actually knows what he is saying more than most of the people laughing at him"

Na today I confirm why the dude moniker na running gag for chelsea thread!

He should just be simply called "ramdunceteuer"

You loves to dey open this ya mouth anyhow!

Weren't you the one that believed no good thing will ever come out of Rashford and was even trying to twist my simple comment which was "Rashford is the better striker".

Abegi, disappear from my view. "Ko pare danu"
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 5:09pm On Aug 30, 2016
eph12:

Personally I don't think United defence was in disarray. I think the nonexistent midfield was the problem. There was so much pressure on the defence because every opposition attack was straight to the defenders bypassing the midfielders easily. But with a dominant and stable midfield comes ease of pressure on the defence.

The midfield is still poor. Huddlestone bossed the middle in the first half until Phelan told his team to park the bus in the second half.

The stability in the defence so far, has everything to do with the return of Valencia and Shaw as full back.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 5:19pm On Aug 30, 2016
elampiro:
If Van Gaal were the coach, the match would have still ended one - nil.

At 60th minute, Shaw would have gone out, and Rojo in.

At 81st minute, Schweinsteiger would have come in for Fellaini.

And Hull would have scored a late winner from a set play aimed at the position of Blind/Rojo, where a Hull player would comfortably jump to head in

Then Gaal Introduces Mephis who even loses possession. And Hull City easily see out the rest of the match.

Shaw played full minutes last season until he was injured. Even CBJ was preferred to Rojo until he also got injured.

That already rubbish your argument.

The main fact is 2 of Van gaal players were the best players on the pitch in th Hull match and knowing Van gaal, he would have added Kante to the team. This is a player whom Morgan should have been. Kante can play box-box as well as DM unlike Morgan.
He could have been a partner for Carrick or played in his role when he needed rest.

Rashford would still be a starting striker.

Players such as Mane/Ounas could have been added and would have played on the right wing.

We were linked with all these players before Mourinho showed his yeye face.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kenekene1(m): 5:25pm On Aug 30, 2016
Hello guys,

I wrote a short article on who I think should be the English Premiership player of the week.

Nominees are Eden Hazard, Shay Given, Alexis Sanchez, Raheem Sterling and Daniel Drinkwater.

Click the link below to find out who my winner is plus you can comment on who you think was the best player this past week.

http://eneprom..com.ng/2016/08/english-premiership-player-of-week.html?m=1
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by seynAsh(m): 5:46pm On Aug 30, 2016
BREAKING: Adidas confirmed that pogba's shirt sales has passed £190m.....una go happy lyk dt
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 5:50pm On Aug 30, 2016
Also, Martial would have still been playing well...

More youngsters would be promoted...

And so many other positives

Rather than relying on a "past it" Ibra (whose all round play has been garbage so far) to keep bailing the team out OR signing a box-box cum attacking midfielder for 89mil pounds!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:56pm On Aug 30, 2016
Diademk07:

Shaw played full minutes last season until he was injured. Even CBJ was preferred to Rojo until he also got injured.

That already rubbish your argument.

The main fact is 2 of Van gaal players were the best players on the pitch in th Hull match and knowing Van gaal, he would have added Kante to the team. This is a player whom Morgan should have been. Kante can play box-box as well as DM unlike Morgan.
He would have been a partner for Carrick or could have played in his role when he needed rest.

Rashford would still be starting striker.

Players such as Mane/Ounas could have been added and would have played on the right wing.

All these players we were linked with before Mourinho showed his yeye face.

You just confirmed that Gaal would have bought Kante and philosophised him into a lazy player. Gaal would have killed Kante with such instruction as 'pass to your nearest man', 'do only safe passes to avoid losing possession', 'don't move beyond the zone I have marked for you'.

Ukwu!!!

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 6:05pm On Aug 30, 2016
elampiro:

You just confirmed that Gaal would have bought Kante and philosophised him into a lazy player. Gaal would have killed Kante with such instruction as 'pass to your nearest man', 'do only safe passes to avoid losing possession', 'don't move beyond the zone I have marked for you'.

Ukwu!!!

Oh? Because Van gaal had Schweinsteiger to pass it to the next man?

Just to let you know, Van gaal is allergic to stupidity! If you can't make a simple 5yard pass, what happens when you make a "longer" one? That was his problem with Herrera. Or people whose bottom level are of pub level.

For example, he never stopped Carrick from playmaking even when his job was simply an holding midfielder! He never curtailed Martial nor Rashford play either.

The funny thing is none of these rubbish players has improved under Mourinho. They've looked far worse vs Dortmund and Galatarasay 1st half match.

For the records, the last time Schneiderlin played as a DM, Southampton almost got relegated that same season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 6:28pm On Aug 30, 2016
BABANGBALI please come and causing troubles,this place haff beings overwalking by a trolls! grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BABANGBALI: 6:40pm On Aug 30, 2016
elrony:
BABANGBALI please come and causing troubles,this place haff beings overwalking by a trolls! grin
chisos shocked shocked shocked what is this?who taughted you English?I doesn't know what to say about you,simple English you cannot spoke correctfully. Shames on you
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 6:46pm On Aug 30, 2016
BABANGBALI:
chisos shocked shocked shocked what is this?who taughted you English?I doesn't know what to say about you,simple English you cannot spoke correctfully. Shames on you
grin grin grin grin
I only calls you to come and causes troubles, that it is all!...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:51pm On Aug 30, 2016
Diademk07:

Oh? Because Van gaal had Schweinsteiger to pass it to the next man?

Just to let you know, Van gaal is allergic to stupidity! If you can't make a simple 5yard pass, what happens when you make a longer one? That was his problem with Herrera. Or people whose bottom level are of pub level.

For example, he never stopped Carrick from playmaking even when his job was simply an holding midfielder! He never curtailed Martial nor Rashford play either.

The funny thing is none of these rubbish players has improved under Mourinho. They even looked far worse vs Dortmund and Galatarasay 1st half match.

For the records, the last time Schneiderlin played as a DM, Southampton almost got relegated that season.

I no get your time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 6:55pm On Aug 30, 2016
josh harrop though, seems a very talented lad.

boufal has signed for soton, a player we should keep our eyes on.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 7:00pm On Aug 30, 2016
elampiro:

I no get your time.

Lol!

When argument fails you!

Just tell me if any of the average players (Herrera, Morgan, Rojo, Depay et al) has improved under Mourinho?

None! They've looked far worse so far!

The last thing Van gaal can be accused of is negative display! The players gave him no option because they were just as useless going forward as well as their defensive play.

At Bayern for example, his criticism was his fragile defence consisting of Demechelis, Van buyten, error prone GK and one injury prone Badstuber. His attacking display never came into question.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 7:29pm On Aug 30, 2016
The mad man returns

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by vosquare: 7:50pm On Aug 30, 2016
Who dn see pogba funny tweet? grin grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 7:52pm On Aug 30, 2016
We have only played 3games this season and some players have not even played yet someone has assessed them and already know they have not imprioved. Except he is using pre season, the same pre season we were beaten with the same defense that is holding its own now. At least for the 3games we have played.

Even Mourinho is eager to play the guys on the bench and he has said that countless times, yet people just looking for anything to discredit him.

Always quick to say Lvg players are the best now as if the players that Mourinho bought have been flops.

I just tire.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 7:54pm On Aug 30, 2016
joeace2020:
The mad man returns
unfortunately, he's here to stay. We all have to endure till a babe3 comes to take him away
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 8:23pm On Aug 30, 2016
“My absolute dream would be to play for Manchester United and help them reach their goals.

"I have had conversations (with the club) and I have no problem with Jose Mourinho, he has explained the situation to me from his perspective.

"We have to wait to see what happens in September and October and how things will develop, but I will definitely not stop playing football.

"It would be a dream to once more show the fans what I can do."

From Bastian

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:30pm On Aug 30, 2016
GBR1:

“My absolute dream would be to play for Manchester United and help them reach their goals.

"I have had conversations (with the club) and I have no problem with Jose Mourinho, he has explained the situation to me from his perspective.

"We have to wait to see what happens in September and October and how things will develop, but I will definitely not stop playing football.

"It would be a dream to once more show the fans what I can do."

From Bastian

Yeye guy. Where was he when we were fighting for fourth position last season? A new coach's here and his unfit self wants to get in on the action? Park well oga.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 8:57pm On Aug 30, 2016
Once again, Harrop was our best player vs Chelsea u23 during the week, closely followed by Poole whose cross forced an own goal in the match.

As a central defender, Poole also assisted the only goal scored vs oldham few weeks back.

This is the same player some people believed he wouldn't be able to operate in the holding midfield.

He's got the vision, defensive nous, great composure on the ball and he's quite agile. What else is needed? Not to mention that his best performance for the reserves has always been in the midfield. I will have him over that slowpoke, Herrera every day of the week..

I already gave up on Herrera the moment he got outclassed by those midgetlland midfielders in the 2nd leg match, even while our team were having the best game of their lives.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 30, 2016
Mourinho is here to kill our youth system.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 9:18pm On Aug 30, 2016
PietroRico:
unfortunately, he's here to stay. We all have to endure till a babe3 comes to take him away

Babe? Its like uv not been following his altercations. Bro dude is gay! Simple.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 9:24pm On Aug 30, 2016
Or a trans? Bi? Asexual? How about an heamophridite? Lol!

Football section don become something else... A section for identifying one's sexual orientation grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:56pm On Aug 30, 2016
Diademk07:

Lol!

When argument fails you!

Just tell me if any of the average players (Herrera, Morgan, Rojo, Depay et al) has improved under Mourinho?

None! They've looked far worse so far!

The last thing Van gaal can be accused of is negative display! The players gave him no option because they were just as useless going forward as well as their defensive play.

At Bayern for example, his criticism was his fragile defence consisting of Demechelis, Van buyten, error prone GK and one injury prone Badstuber. His attacking display never came into question.

It's one who hasn't got important things to do that argues with a stereotype like you. You say the same thing every day.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 10:56pm On Aug 30, 2016
grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 11:08pm On Aug 30, 2016
elampiro:

It's one who hasn't got important things to do that argues with a stereotype like you. You say the same thing every day.

Lol!

The known useless "argumentator" ever, dey complain about argument!

Just say you've got nothing to say 'cos if you had, you would be disrupting the whole place with your useless statistics!

(1) (2) (3) ... (3220) (3221) (3222) (3223) (3224) (3225) (3226) ... (14139) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.