Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,321 members, 7,780,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:22 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3320) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8510175 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3317) (3318) (3319) (3320) (3321) (3322) (3323) ... (14078) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 9:06pm On Sep 18, 2016
nyabinghi:
too early, united hasn't faced any test.
I no tell una
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 9:08pm On Sep 18, 2016
I do not know where this high level of optimism is coming from o, until we explore and hit crude in commercial quantities before stuffs get real?

Like someone said, the team is fuvking okay, the manager is the problem.

Soon, we will hit jackpot and start producing sef.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 9:12pm On Sep 18, 2016
Blind should be the 1st name on our team sheet.
That's all I have to say.
For all the talk about him being bullied, outpaced etc etc I can't seem to recall when any of these have actually happened.
The only weakness he has his his aerial ability and there are tall enough people to cover up for him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 9:17pm On Sep 18, 2016
chai, see as dem de yab pogba, e whole pogboon,
jose go shame many people.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:18pm On Sep 18, 2016
PietroRico:
Blind should be the 1st name on our team sheet.
That's all I have to say.
For all the talk about him being bullied, outpaced etc etc I can't seem to recall when any of these have actually happened.
The only weakness he has his his aerial ability and there are tall enough people to cover up for him
Yeah I agree but won't change anything. If our attack continues to be flat and predictable it won't matter if Blind is on the field or not.

Watching RM now, seeing those sleek passes and players moving into space and channels and am wondering why we can't play that way cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dmcdad: 9:23pm On Sep 18, 2016
SIRcumalot:
Even better, A convincing win against the champions go help.
Anything other than a victory against Leicester means Man U is in crisis.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dmcdad: 9:24pm On Sep 18, 2016
Lana1:
When i said Mourinho was a bad idea and dat the club should ve done more to get Pep?? They said i knew nothing.

Anyways, its still early days. Right?? By the time we reach 10 games, i hope it will still be early in the season.

Until then, lets be happy we beat Hull and Southampton!
Yeye guy... You dey troll your club abi? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dmcdad: 9:26pm On Sep 18, 2016
Lana1:
Lmao. Bailly getting bossed easily by Iheanacho & Success back to back!! But no problem. He's confident with the ball at his feet grin grin
This guy ehn...cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dmcdad: 9:29pm On Sep 18, 2016
Spy360:

We are not a top team. We cannot afford to pay £89million for hair styles just to lose thrice in a row.

Lol!
B2B Pogba
Your Barber to Barber midfielder should win you games and score screamers like our humble Xhaka.

Cc Keky

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sebod(m): 9:33pm On Sep 18, 2016
eph12:

Yeah I agree but won't change anything. If our attack continues to be flat and predictable it won't matter if Blind is on the field or not.

Watching RM now, seeing those sleek passes and players moving into space and channels and am wondering why we can't play that way cry
I am sorry bro, you can't play like that when you have a coach who doesn't believe in that. You don't prioritise power over technique and expect sleek passes here and there.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 9:34pm On Sep 18, 2016
Danhumprey:
You saying we should have got Pep, do you know when City contacted him for the coaching job? They have been in contact with him long before the news became public. More so, two of City's directors of sport were/are close friends of Pep right from his time at Barca, and they were the ones who persuaded him to sign for City. There is little we have done to get him, as it was City had the upper hand.

So, I'd advise you to move on from that disappointment and try supporting Mourinho to succeed for the sake of the club.

Repeatedly crying over the inability of the club to get Pep is absolutely senseless.
And for all my dislike for Mourinho, i'm not the type that hopes to see him fail at United. Ciz failure for him means failure for us.

And i know dat Ship has sailed. But i'm still pained regardless that we didn't do enough to sign Pep. Abi cant a nigga wail in peace anymore??

Anyways i still dey support my club and not Mourinho. He can go kill himself with his cluelessness. Ah dont care!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IZUKWU(m): 9:38pm On Sep 18, 2016
If a person(mourinho) can't repair a tyre(Yokohama) how can he repair a car(Chevrolet)?
how?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:43pm On Sep 18, 2016
dmcdad:

Anything other than a victory against Leicester means Man U is in crisis.
Even a scrappy victory means United is in crisis
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:45pm On Sep 18, 2016
sebod:

I am sorry bro, you can't play like that when you have a coach who doesn't believe in that. You don't prioritise power over technique and expect sleek passes here and there.
Who ask you? undecided

You correct sha grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 9:54pm On Sep 18, 2016
dmcdad:

Yeye guy... You dey troll your club abi? cheesy
I dey troll Mourinho and his fans
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 9:55pm On Sep 18, 2016
Bailly = Black Senderos

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by edoyad(m): 10:01pm On Sep 18, 2016
kokaneprodigy:

Akant take this Lawd!!!! embarassed embarassed

My stomach hurts Naaa angry angry sad angry grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 10:23pm On Sep 18, 2016
Pogba's - I have never seen a player as overhyped as he is...

The Ninja seems to be obsessed with justifying his Transfer fee & achieving some personal objectives ....hence the aimless dribbles & unneccesary showboating - infact, he seems so unconcerned with the team's disappointing results thus far...

Mourihno had better talk sense into his head if he wants to keep his job - Pogba was signed to help the club regain its lost glory....all these hin "Paparazzi Soccer" no be am at all...

Fergie go just dey laugh for where him dey. If he was still our manager & by chance he happened to sanction the Pogba deal... e sure me die say e for don order the frenchman to dey barb skin angry

We don buy market undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Roland17(m): 10:29pm On Sep 18, 2016
raumdeuter:

I believe a midfield should have a marker, passer and runner. If you are playing a game you are expected to dominate you can drop a marker or runner for an additional passer or when you are defending drop a passer for an additional marker

In Man Utd's midfield, who is responsible for the marking who is the elite passer? Most of the time you would see Pogba and Fellaini trying to do the same thing

And Mourinho I am not a fan of him and whatever I say would be termed as bad belle

But he always looks too reactive, waiting for opponents to make mistakes, if you are a a bigger team you dont wait for mistakes, you make plays and force mistakes from opponents you make them play to your tune. Siege mentality of them against us would only work when youre then underdog, Not when you are the most succesful club in the country

Dayo,

you made a very interesting point with this post I must say, however, I believe the tactical philosophy of the coach would primarily determine how he mixes all three variables in the midfield and sometimes the opponent.

Mourinho's tactical philosophy based off his history, especially his coaching spells in the EPL leads me to believe he wants to dominate the middle of the park with Size and power evidenced by the continuous selection of Fellani and Pogba, that means pace and technique would be sacrificed. Which consequently means transition from defense to offense would take a lot of time. Remember, United barely survived Hull City the previous week.

This is the same problem Chelsea is having this season, playing Matic and Kante at the same time. Sadly, Mou's ego would not allow him eat his words with regards to Bastian. United desperately needs a ball playing midfielder who is mobile and can open defenses from the middle. You would think an immobile midfield without technique would favor Ibra considering he does not have to make runs, but the problem is the Wingers either drift offside or thy end up making solo runs since Ibra is either too deep in the middle or can not catch up with the speed of the game.

The solution to United's midfield problem is sitting on the bench.

Great initial post Dayo.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 10:29pm On Sep 18, 2016
See Pataki sef dey yab you say Poorgba won the Salon d'or

[img]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CspQuyuXYAEv9gx.jpg:medium[/img]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 10:51pm On Sep 18, 2016
Lana1:
U no even get right to dey troll when Moyes ur role model cant even get his first win of the season

I just dey sorry for u ni... at this rate, Mourinho might just be the only manager that gets sacked in the EPL; never mind Moyes. You may just want to go back and rephrase your prediction grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:56pm On Sep 18, 2016
eph12:

The money spent on buying Pogba is not the reason for Martial uselessness or Miki shocking display against City. Jose is to blame. He can't get his team to string 10 passes together and get into channels. That's the problem not whatever amount Pogba was bought

Pogba was bought for that fee as our only central midfield addition when it has been argued that we needed 2 world class signings in that department. Considering the fact that we got Pogba for Matuidi+Kroos or Kante+Modric or even Veratti+Pjanic money AND our midfield is still our weak point THEN it can be said that POGBA and his FEE are problems.
We sign a MIDFIELDER for a WORLD CLASS FEE and our midfield has been our weakest department and he has been arguably our worst first teamer......and you say that is not a problem?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 10:58pm On Sep 18, 2016
Juve don use us do "Italian Job" angry

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 10:58pm On Sep 18, 2016
RuuDie:

I just dey sorry for u ni... at this rate, Mourinho might just be the only manager that gets sacked in the EPL; never mind Moyes. You may just want to go back and rephrase your prediction grin
Lol. Mourinho ll get sacked. But Moyes wont?? Make we dey look dey go
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Olaone1: 11:00pm On Sep 18, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Olaone1: 11:01pm On Sep 18, 2016
Useless thread grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Debroslink: 11:06pm On Sep 18, 2016
A40:
Bailly = Black Senderos

I uploaded this video here before league started showing the fraud Bailly is.

We in La liga saw what that old cargo Fernando Torres did to him there.

Shebi na Isaac Success una see today. Una just dey start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AdPX50OMt4
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 11:44pm On Sep 18, 2016
Long and short of the story Moaninghoe pattern don cast. Thank God my boy Schweinsteiger is not part of this shipwreck

Debroslink:

I uploaded this video here before league started showing the fraud Bailly is.

We in La liga saw what that old cargo Fernando Torres did to him there.

Shebi na Isaac Success una see today. Una just dey start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AdPX50OMt4
Lmao. See how them finesse am. The hype after 3 games was unbelievable
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:08am On Sep 19, 2016
grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:12am On Sep 19, 2016
A40:
Long and short of the story Moaninghoe pattern don cast. Thank God my boy Schweinsteiger is not part of this shipwreck
Lmao. See how them finesse am. The hype after 3 games was unbelievable

That has been the pattern on this thread for a few years now.
You hear things like "We are facing just Stoke, Watford, Crystal Palace and Everton so we should get at least 10 points from these matches".
Then we go and lose 2 or 3 of these so called easy matches.
Same thing every season. Even offline some of my United friends were so confident before the City match I thought I must have been missing something.
Only the grace of Jehovah Jireh and the unreliability of Claudio Bravo can save the EPL from falling to City this season. City are playing fluid attacking and effective football and they have not really unleashed Gundogan (who I rate highly), Sane would improve and ...erm Gabriel Jesus is coming in January.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 12:41am On Sep 19, 2016
grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 2:30am On Sep 19, 2016
afrodoc2:

That has been the pattern on this thread for a few years now.
You hear things like "We are facing just Stoke, Watford, Crystal Palace and Everton so we should get at least 10 points from these matches".
Then we go and lose 2 or 3 of these so called easy matches.
Same thing every season. Even offline some of my United friends were so confident before the City match I thought I must have been missing something.

Only the grace of Jehovah Jireh and the unreliability of Claudio Bravo can save the EPL from falling to City this season
. City are playing fluid attacking and effective football and they have not really unleashed Gundogan (who I rate highly), Sane would improve and ...erm Gabriel Jesus is coming in January.

cheesy
OMG... So true

(1) (2) (3) ... (3317) (3318) (3319) (3320) (3321) (3322) (3323) ... (14078) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Jokerman(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.