Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3361) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8666656 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3358) (3359) (3360) (3361) (3362) (3363) (3364) ... (14139) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:40pm On Sep 26, 2016
dopeJemi:

No, Herrera made Pogba's job easier not the other way round, I just finished watching his individual highlight again and the job Herrera did in that match, the running around, making clean tackles, interceptions, forcing errors from the opposition, driving forward, tracking back, fellaini only does 20 percent of this and he's effing slow, pogba thrives when he has an energetic partner with him and fellaini is clearly not that
That's okay.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:40pm On Sep 26, 2016
dopeJemi:

I've modified, please go and reply

I've seen it and you're just pulling the straw man tactic here..

So because Chelsea eventually drew the game, his lone goal which earned Chelsea a point makes everything redundant?
Clap for yourself!

Also, winter start from late Dec, exactly the time everyone celebrates Xmas time and boxing day.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 12:54pm On Sep 26, 2016
Diademk07:

I've seen it and you're just pulling the straw man tactic here..

So because Chelsea eventually drew the game, his lone goal which earned Chelsea a point makes everything redundant?
Clap for yourself!

Also, winter start from late Dec, exactly the time everyone celebrates Xmas time and boxing day.

If you look closely, I listed the game chelsea drew under his decisive moments

Alright let's look at late december, 22nd of december to January, they won their 3 games 2-0, 2-0, 2-0, he scored one in each of them, how decisive were they? You tell us

What am I grasping at this time? Pus.sy?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SlaughterGang: 5:03pm On Sep 26, 2016
Is this why Valencia played trash?...Hoe is even ugly as Fvck...

Fake Lip job.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 5:34pm On Sep 26, 2016
Oasis007:
“I like him [Herrera]. That’s why I think he’ll be with me almost every match. Sometimes he starts, sometimes he’s on the bench.”

- Jose Mourinho
JM wants some persons on this thread to commit suicide abi?

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 26, 2016
chidexxy007:

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:02pm On Sep 26, 2016
chidexxy007:

grin

But..... bur..... what are you trying to imply?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 7:24pm On Sep 26, 2016
chidexxy007:

the guy doesn't even like JM not to mention Herrera.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 7:30pm On Sep 26, 2016
dopeJemi:

If you look closely, I listed the game chelsea drew under his decisive moments

Alright let's look at late december, 22nd of december to January, they won their 3 games 2-0, 2-0, 2-0, he scored one in each of them, how decisive were they? You tell us

What am I grasping at this time? Pus.sy?

I dunno, you tell me! grin

That said, Let me call your attention to his contribution towards the 2 goals scored against Hull city, Hull was one of those 3 games BTW!

I remembered listing the decisive games and they were over 11 games during that period. I told you earlier that whether you tell yourself it's not true or not, the stats backed up my statement!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SlaughterGang: 8:30pm On Sep 26, 2016
You people should stop littering the thread...Who gives a Fvck about some Short Belgian that made a Houdini for a whole season. At least go to the Chelsea thread because this is mind numbing.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 9:44pm On Sep 26, 2016
Oasis007:

grin

But..... bur..... what are you trying to imply?!
Have thou not seen? Have thou not heard? That in this thread there are haters in fans clothing..

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 9:46pm On Sep 26, 2016
Danhumprey:
the guy doesn't even like JM not to mention Herrera.
I pray they survive the season atleast cos the accumulation of frustration can lead to something fatal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 10:06pm On Sep 26, 2016
Diademk07:

I dunno, you tell me! grin

That said, Let me call your attention to his contribution towards the 2 goals scored against Hull city, Hull was one of those 3 games BTW!

I remembered listing the decisive games and they were over 11 games during that period. I told you earlier that whether you tell yourself it's not true or not, the stats backed up my statement!

Lies Lies Lies, quote that post of yours were you listed over 11 games were he scored decisive goals
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:47pm On Sep 26, 2016
WHY POGBA WILL PROVE CRITICS WRONG

It seemed ridiculous that some people were questioning the wisdom of Manchester United investing a world-record sum in Paul Pogba when we were only in mid-September.

The Frenchman is a monster of a midfielder and, in my opinion, if ever there was somebody suited to the rigours of the Premier League, it is the 23-year-old.

Of course, he knows United inside out already and has the class and stamina to impose himself on matches no matter how demanding the campaign will become. In short, he will become a major influence and is only going to get better as he reaches his peak years.

Personally, I think he will be at his world-class best over the taxing winter period when he will be bullying opponents and helping United pick up vital points. By then, he will also have properly reacclimatised to life back in the English top flight. In the meantime, I have no doubts, he will prove his worth for Jose Mourinho's side as he adapts to his role in the team.

The reason for my confidence is not only his ability, which was already shown in abundance in the home game against Southampton when he was outstanding, but other things you notice. From the stands, it was reassuring to witness the quiet word and gee-up he had for pal Jesse Lingard during the first half of the Manchester derby during a break in play.

It was a show of maturity and solidarity and, soon afterwards, Lingard set up Zlatan Ibrahimovic for the chance that could have sent the Reds in level at the break. This illustration of the character that comes with being brought up at United means he is on a sound footing in that regard.  

The defeats that followed to Feyenoord and Watford brought renewed scrutiny on our record buy, which was inevitable but also somewhat unfair. He was said to have been shouting at his colleagues in Rotterdam, which was deemed a negative, even if it could have been another example of his leadership qualities and proved he was caring that things were not going the Reds' way.

I heard somebody in the media describe him as "invisible" at Vicarage Road, presumably forgetting the thunderbolt long-range drive that dipped a second too late when leaving Heurelho Gomes' crossbar reverberating for some time. Had that shot gone in, there would have been no debate about Pogba and his overall contribution leading into the victory over Leicester City.

Of course, we all know what happened against the champions at Old Trafford on Saturday. Not only did the Frenchman score his first senior goal for the club but he was exceptional and won the Man-of-the-Match award. The pass he provided for Zlatan Ibrahimovic, when the Swede fired a volley over the top, was sensational and suggests he is starting to get on the same wavelength as his colleagues.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but, in truth, most of my thoughts here were formulated long before our no.6 stepped out onto the pitch at the weekend. I am sure I am like most United fans in not having a single worry as to how Pogba will fare back at the club. He is going to be a spectacular signing and a key man for Jose Mourinho.

- Adam Marshall
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BossKratos: 10:51pm On Sep 26, 2016
Pogba would one day captain man united!

Quote me anywhere!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Khaytunechi: 11:43pm On Sep 26, 2016
grin
difference between smart United folks and their 'smarter' Chelsea counterparts
United fans say 'Drop Rooney'..

The Manager drops Rooney and we had a convincing PL win..

Chelsea fans say 'Cunte start fabregas Cunte start Fabregas'..
Cunte started Fab and the Gas exploded..
cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iPopAlomo(m): 8:08am On Sep 27, 2016
Lana1:
Season neva finish. There's still time to go top of the league. As good as Barca is, they aren't topping La Liga. So whats ur point??

Excuses! Excuses! Aren't set pieces part of the game again?? If to see we scored from open play, u go still find one excuse so am not surprised.

Common Alaves beat Barca. Common Burnley beat Liverpool. Nobody wey no dey lose to "common" team. So i ask again. What's ur point??

This post will haunt you for a very long time...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:28am On Sep 27, 2016
“Marcus Rashford is a shining light for them. He looks like he has goals in him. He has the instinct that top players have at the right time.”

- Graeme Souness

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:46am On Sep 27, 2016
“It’s about time that we’ve seen a little bit of what the fuss was all about.

“Pogba has cost Manchester United an awful lot of money but it has been Wayne Rooney that has been taking all the flack for United’s ordinary start to the season.

“So, in the absence of Rooney, I was particularly pleased to see the Frenchman take control of the game against Leicester and show us what he’s got.

“His chip for Zlatan Ibrahimovic to volley in the first half wasn’t bad and his shot that had Ron-Robert Zieler scrambling across his goal to make the save was even better.

“We then saw a wonderful one-two with Juan Mata to set up his finish before Pogba crowned his performance with his first goal for United with a superb header to wrap the game up completely. Now that’s more like it.”

- Garth Crooks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:54am On Sep 27, 2016
"It looks like the beginning of the end for Wayne Rooney. He looks tired and most of all, he looks forlorn.

"All the stick weighs you down and people have been saying he shouldn’t be in the team since the start of the season. Juan Mata was the difference on Saturday.

"The first time a 17-year-old Nicolas Anelka trained with us at Arsenal, I knew I had 18 months left max.

"There was no way I was stopping that tidal wave. He had everything.

"I was sat on the bench, watching the future. That's a situation Rooney could find himself in."

- Ian Wright

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:01am On Sep 27, 2016
“He’s unravelling what’s gone on here in the last three years with what I think has been bad spending by the club, simple as that. Now he is trying to correct it.

“I do like two or three players that he has signed this time. I like Pogba, he will come good, I like the fact Zlatan’s got a big character, I like Bailly.

“I think there are players there that have got the profile that fit the Manchester United stature but there are still some here that haven’t got the profile.”

- Gary Neville
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:22am On Sep 27, 2016
Allardyce don Lana.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 9:40am On Sep 27, 2016
afrodoc2:

Allardyce don Lana.
abeg what exactly did he do?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 9:51am On Sep 27, 2016
PietroRico:
abeg what exactly did he do?
bribery allegations...advisory role in circumventing the FA rules on third party ownerships...etc
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 10:05am On Sep 27, 2016
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:17am On Sep 27, 2016
“A lot of things happened last season and it is now behind me. It was last season. I have to try and recreate those moments this year and to get the goal early in the season was quite important for me to get back on a roll. I am just looking to build momentum now.

“It was a different moment for me and I don’t think I’ve scored one so late in the game before. It was an amazing feeling to be with the travelling fans as well, a brilliant feeling. It was instinct to go into the crowd in moments like that. You don’t think about it, you just do it!

“I feel like that was the most important goal for me, to get the winner in the last minute away from home. I like the feeling that it gave me and I want more. But on an emotional side the debut goal against Midtjylland is still at the top of the list for me.

“In the game it was quite even so it could have gone either way. We were attacking and then they were attacking. I think they had a bit more of the ball but they weren’t really threatening us. There were two times before the goal when I got on a one-v-one with him [Martin Demichelis] and he just nicked the ball off me. I knew what I needed to do the next time I got the ball so I did it.

“Then I was against the keeper [Joe Hart] and it was just about relaxing, composing myself and that was what I did. After it went in, the fans were too far away but it was a good feeling with everyone coming towards you. To win the game 1-0 as well, to hold out as a team was great.”

- Marcus Rashford
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 10:35am On Sep 27, 2016
Our future legendary defender Phil Jones now to be wearing knee brace!

He hasn't kicked a ball and he keeps getting injured doing nothing.

I say he be sold!!!!!

All in favour say Aye!!!!!! grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 10:52am On Sep 27, 2016
elrony:
Our future legendary defender Phil Jones now to be wearing knee brace!

He hasn't kicked a ball and he keeps getting injured doing nothing.

I say he be sold!!!!!

All in favour say Aye!!!!!! grin grin
Aye!!
And the Ayes ve it!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 10:55am On Sep 27, 2016
Lana1:
Aye!!
And the Ayes ve it!!

LMAO!!!... you didn't even let me bang the gavel sef cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 10:57am On Sep 27, 2016
iPopAlomo:

This post will haunt you for a very long time...
Ok. Mke una dey bookmark and share my posts dey go. My God ll put all of u to shame
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 11:00am On Sep 27, 2016
Goals scored for United since MarcusRashford made his debut:
• Rashford: 12
• Martial: 7
• Zlatan: 5
• Mata: 5
• Rooney & Herrera: 3
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 11:21am On Sep 27, 2016
elrony:

LMAO!!!... you didn't even let me bang the gavel sef cheesy
No need. Na elampiro head we go bang the gavel on once they ship Jones and Rooney out grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3358) (3359) (3360) (3361) (3362) (3363) (3364) ... (14139) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.