Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,677 members, 7,801,953 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3432) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8631742 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3429) (3430) (3431) (3432) (3433) (3434) (3435) ... (14119) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BossKratos: 5:56pm On Oct 21, 2016
grin
kokaneprodigy:

You are spewing a lot of nonsensical words, I was responding to wingback's statement that RVP did a lot for Arsenal which is false.
We don't miss him at Arsenal we are doing even better without him I hope I could say same abt ur hopeless club.

Ogbeni talk true.......

That adisaowala post pain you sha!

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 6:08pm On Oct 21, 2016
SailorXY:
most of the near recent meetings have ended in draws so it's not much of a meaningful stat.
Yh. The fa cup loss, the 1-0 loss at OT and the 3-0 defeat during Moyes time. The rest na just draw.

We gats win on Sunday. Anything less than 3 pts and we can kiss dis season goodbye.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 21, 2016
Wingback:

Your injury spell angle is tactless, In his final season, Van Persie contributed In scoring and assisting not less than 30 goals...A world class club would be winning Leagues with those numbers but your baseless ambitionless club had defenders with club foot.

Little wonder he went to a club with Evra and Co...LMFAO,

It be like say I don create tsunami shocked
So we should install a statue of RVP at the emirate Because he scored goals in one season after spending a huge chunk of seasons prior to that in the sickbay.
You can as well say Welbeck has done a lot for Arsenal the way u going dude undecided

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:47pm On Oct 21, 2016
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:03pm On Oct 21, 2016
Q&A: JOSE ON CHELSEA, ABRAMOVICH & SUNDAY

Jose Mourinho will face Chelsea for the first time as Manchester United manager on Sunday and the Reds boss has discussed his return to Stamford Bridge in great detail, providing an assessment of his exit in 2015/16, his relationship with Roman Abramovich and his standing among Blues supporters. Here is the transcript of his fascinating pre-match press conference…

Looking back, how do you feel about the way you left Chelsea?

Some managers, when they leave clubs, they like to… in Portugal, translating into English, we say ‘wash the dirty clothes’ and it means to speak about what happened. To go back to speak and speak and speak. I left the club with a very good feeling. A feeling that I gave everything to succeed, I gave everything to the club and I don’t want to go back and speak especially about the bad things. I keep the good things and in Chelsea I had so many good things, so many good things in terms of results and so many good things in terms of friends that I have for life. I have an amazing empathy with the supporters. The supporters didn’t change their relationship with me because of last season and a couple of months of bad results. So I keep all of these good memories. There are things that I don’t forget, but I keep them for myself.

Is the owner still one of those good friends?

He was never my friend. We always had the relationship of owner and manager. It was a very respectful relationship. You are not a friend, you're not close to each other. It is just a person that I keep respect for.

What kind of reception will you get from the Chelsea fans, and do you care?

To say I care is not true, because to be honest when I go to a football match I don’t focus on that. I am more focused on the game, I try to prepare myself for the match, so I cannot say that I care. What can I expect? I don’t know. They can think about me and remember our great relationship and have a good reaction, or they can look at me and think for those 90 minutes that I am the United manager and he is playing against us so he is not somebody that we like at the moment. I did my job and they gave me their love, and they gave me their support. That is the most important thing. Now, I go there as Man United manager and if they decide to have a different approach then I will always respect that. For me, what you are not going to have, ever, is a bad word about any one of my previous clubs, any of the fans who have supported me, so I always keep a very good feeling and it doesn’t matter what is going to happen. But it is my nature, it is my nature, it is my club and obviously I go there to try to do my job.

How difficult is it to visit a club with which you have such an affinity with the fans? 

I have to try to forget it and try to do the job, you know? I played there with Inter and I tried to do my job. If you ask me if my team scores a goal, am I going to celebrate like a crazy kid? No! I think I can emotionally control that situation. Am I going to have any negative reaction if the crowd has something negative with me? No! Again, I have the maturity to control that emotion. But, what Man United fans can expect from me is more important in this moment and what the Man United fans can expect from me is that we will play against Chelsea in the same way I played against Fenerbahce, Liverpool and everyone.

Are you a better manager because of those difficult final months at Chelsea?

No, that period came at a period of my career when I was already a grown man. I was already a stable manager, emotionally strong. I was not a kid. It didn’t happen in the first years of my career. It happened when I’d already had so many years, so I think I got it in a positive way. I was lucky to have a big club like Man United that focused on my career and not on my last three months. I was lucky enough to have the chance to stay in the competition that I most love and to stay in a big club like Man United, with a big project and a big challenge like I have in my hands. So everything is positive.

As a title rival, how important is it to beat Chelsea at their stadium?

You look to the table and the distances are so short. It looks like the team that wins three matches in a row is immediately in the top three or four. The team that has a bad run, just a couple of results, goes immediately out of top four. But honestly, it looks like it is going to be tight. We are in a period where some teams are having easy fixtures and if they win two or three of those, with ones playing in between them sharing points, like what happened in Liverpool, or Tottenham against Liverpool. In a couple of weeks it will depend on one win and another one losing, they get the draw and the other one wins two consecutive matches to go there. So my feeling is that it will be close and probably one team that is playing for the title in March probably doesn’t finish in the top four. I think it is going to be really tight.

Could we have six or seven teams going for the title in April or May?

It can be that way, also because the other teams can steal points. So it can be tight, probably not six, probably three. Probably during the run, somebody will fall a little bit. I am not a gambler but if I was, I would not bet a lot on the title because it is a big risk of losing money. I would bet a lot on the top four.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:07am On Oct 22, 2016
kokaneprodigy:

So we should install a statue of RVP at the emirate Because he scored goals in one season after spending a huge chunk of seasons prior to that in the sickbay.
You can as well say Welbeck has done a lot for Arsenal the way u going dude undecided

Install a statue, indoctrinate him as an arsenal legend and many more things....Welbeck hasn't banged in 30 goals so your analogy is piss poor.

A serious team would be winning titles with 30 goals, van Persie simply realized Arsenal is a stagnant useless club.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 9:27am On Oct 22, 2016
nyabinghi:
check the table for confirmation, check the way arsenal have been destroying other teams.
the table also tells me that Manchester City is better than Tottenham H but recent meeting had them thrashed 2-0. Ditto Watford and Manchester United.
Arsenal destroying teams sit 5 dubious points ahead, *not the last wonder of the world*.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordjnr: 9:49am On Oct 22, 2016
TRUE DAT!

"To be sacked is football. Many of the best managers have had their moment to be sacked. Of course there are exceptions, but in modern football especially, it can happen to anyone. If it was a club where I gave nothing, I think it would have been more difficult. When I leave a club when in two different periods I gave titles and gave the fans some of the best moments that they have had then you
leave with the feeling 'I have done my job'.

"I don't think they want to, but even if they
want to, they couldn't delete me from
Chelsea history. They belong to my history too. No bad feelings. The owner, he decided to sack me, the fans, they have no power. They show day by day, match after match, that they wanted me, but in this profile of club, the fans have no power. In some clubs, especially in some Latin countries the format of the club, the fans have real power on the board and with the president and owners, but here they have no power so Mr Abramovich decided to sack me, but I left with not one bad word about anyone or anybody at the club.

"Then I waited for what I would prefer which was to stay in England in the Premier League and then I was lucky to have a BIG CLUB like Manchester United." Would I go back to Chelsea for a third spell in charge? "I HOPE NOT, HONESTLY. Because I would like to stay at United for many many years. That would mean probably that I would not be searching for another club in the Premier League, so I HOPE NOT." As for the fans, I don't expect a negative reaction, even going with a United badge and going to fight for points. There is no reason for a bad reaction. If they give me a good reception, I don't know. I'm not their manager anymore. I represent a rival
club.

"It doesn't matter their reaction. I'll be grateful
always. We started so many happy moments,
historical moments for the club. When people
talked about me being sacked, they always sung
my name. I could walk home from games and
never had a bad word said to me.
When the game starts, I'm going to forget it,
the fans will forget it. They'll focus on the
match."

Jose Mourinho.........www.skysports.com

wink. He also added that... " I can only promise those blue sperm _suckers that they shall die tomorrow".........but sky sports no gree include am due to legal reasons!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 10:36am On Oct 22, 2016
ChristineC:
the table also tells me that Manchester City is better than Tottenham H but recent meeting had them thrashed 2-0. Ditto Watford and Manchester United.
Arsenal destroying teams sit 5 dubious points ahead, *not the last wonder of the world*.
man city is currently better than tottenham, the table doesnt lie. A league is won by the team with the highest points not the games lost to big teams. If the world ends today, city would be the EPL champions. Every team gets the rub of the green.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 10:37am On Oct 22, 2016
Wingback:

Your injury spell angle is tactless, In his final season, Van Persie contributed In scoring and assisting not less than 30 goals...A world class club would be winning Leagues with those numbers but your baseless ambitionless club had defenders with club foot.

Little wonder he went to a club with Evra and Co...LMFAO,

It be like say I don create tsunami shocked
Sadly, he exchanged his blistering career for an EPL title. If that is better I don't know. For right now he is in a state of oblivion.

I believe if he had stayed he would have helped Arsenal win the league, even twice and still be relevant, playing UCL every season.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 10:42am On Oct 22, 2016
ChristineC:
how is Arsenal a better team at the moment?
This question is funny. Either no PHCN or no fuel could cause this. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:50am On Oct 22, 2016
Spy360:

Sadly, he exchanged his blistering career for an EPL title. If that is better I don't know. For right now he is in a state of oblivion.

I believe if he had stayed he would have helped Arsenal win the league, even twice and still be relevant, playing UCL every season.

This' some funny sh*t

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordjnr: 10:53am On Oct 22, 2016
grin
Spy360:

Sadly, he exchanged his BLISTERING TROPHYLESS CAREER for an EPL title. If that is better I don't know. For right now he is in a state of oblivion.

I believe IF HE HAD STAYED he would have helped Arsenal WIN THE LEAGUE, EVEN TWICE and still be relevant, playing only UCL KNOCKOUT STAGE every season.

Such wonderful nonsense!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 11:04am On Oct 22, 2016
Wingback:

A serious team would be winning titles with 30 goals, van Persie simply realized Arsenal is a stagnant useless club.
Either you haven't watched a lot of football or you just want to be silly.

Over the years, players have score 30+ goals, with some almost getting relegated.

Check the likes of Kevin Phillips at Sunderland, Saha at Fulham, Shearer at Newcastle etc.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 11:10am On Oct 22, 2016
Funlordjnr:
grin

Such wonderful nonsense!
Onye oshi! cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 11:29am On Oct 22, 2016
Spy360 abiakwala nu ozo!!! grin grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 11:32am On Oct 22, 2016
Chelsea vs Man Utd
Hope there will be goals. I don't want another boring game... sad Man Utd win good. Chelsea win better. Draw best.
Draw is best.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 11:58am On Oct 22, 2016
Spy360:
Chelsea
vs
Man Utd

Hope there will be goals. I don't want another boring game... sad
Man Utd win good.
Chelsea win better.
Draw best.

Draw is best.

Ogbono is now expensive in the market!!

Chelshit is going down the sewers tomorrow!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:37pm On Oct 22, 2016
Spy360:

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 12:38pm On Oct 22, 2016
elrony:

Ogbono is now expensive in the market!!
Chelshit is going down the sewers tomorrow!
Good. Like I said.

Meanwhile arrange my nkwobi and amstel if things go south. cheesycheesy
Anyi ga na anwuri...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:44pm On Oct 22, 2016
nyabinghi:
man city is currently better than tottenham, the table doesnt lie. A league is won by the team with the highest points not the games lost to big teams. If the world ends today, city would be the EPL champions. Every team gets the rub of the green.
if world end today the EPL is inconclusive oga. How can you win a league of 20 teams after 8 games?
Una go just dey yan for yaning sake.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:48pm On Oct 22, 2016
It's like the second official language in sports section has moved from Yoruba to Igbo.

Hausa era loading...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 1:23pm On Oct 22, 2016
Spy360:

Over the years, players have score 30+ goals, with some almost getting relegated.

Check the likes of Kevin Phillips at Sunderland, Saha at Fulham, Shearer at Newcastle etc.

Since its either you have watched a lot of Football or you are very smart, kindly tell us the seasons those players scored 30+ goals in the Premier league..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 2:12pm On Oct 22, 2016
SailorXY:
if world end today the EPL is inconclusive oga. How can you win a league of 20 teams after 8 games?
Una go just dey yan for yaning sake.
do u know the meaning of if? Or you just wan make I notice you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 2:23pm On Oct 22, 2016
A very hard working B'moth. Though that dark guy on the left wing is garbage.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 22, 2016
Spy360:

Don't dig a hole for yourself...Emphasis on serious team...Do they resemble serious teams to you?

Persie left when he realized he had a shìt team with bad defenders and average midfield cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 2:42pm On Oct 22, 2016
Wingback:

Don't dig a hole for yourself...Emphasis on serious team...Do they resemble serious teams to you?

Persie left when he realized he had a shìt team with bad defenders and average midfield cheesy
You be MuMu. I shouldn't have engaged you in the first place. I don't discuss with people like you who have no sense of humanity. When you succeed in changing your attitude come lets talk.

Meanwhile, Piss Off!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 2:45pm On Oct 22, 2016
AdisaOwala:

Since its either you have watched a lot of Football or you are very smart, kindly tell us the seasons those players scored 30+ goals in the Premier league..
Google it na. Phillips for example won a golden shoe is 2000.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 2:58pm On Oct 22, 2016
Spy360:

Good. Like I said.

Meanwhile arrange my nkwobi and amstel if things go south. cheesycheesy

Anyi ga na anwuri...

No worry SailorXY will kindly take you aboard if things go south.

He does have a stockpile of rum as a sailor cheesy

Nkwobi don expensive for this recession! !!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 2:59pm On Oct 22, 2016
SailorXY:
It's like the second official language in sports section has moved from Yoruba to Igbo.

Hausa era loading...

Nwanne! !!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 22, 2016
Spy360:

You be MuMu. I shouldn't have engaged you in the first place. I don't discuss with people like you who have no sense of humanity. When you succeed in changing your attitude come lets talk.

Meanwhile, Piss Off!

I walk away with the smirk that my point is the right one since you concede defeat...Here have a cookie, I don't know how it's going to benefit you but I feel you have earned it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3429) (3430) (3431) (3432) (3433) (3434) (3435) ... (14119) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.