Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,765 members, 7,802,341 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3723) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8632890 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3720) (3721) (3722) (3723) (3724) (3725) (3726) ... (14119) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:18pm On Jan 16, 2017
Nihilist:

What is not straight about that line?

It's not straight, I am sure they used manual technology. You need to see the one drew by The Sun, even a primary school pupil would have done better.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 6:19pm On Jan 16, 2017
Elampiro

This is Howard Webb writing in the Times

Manchester United benefited from an error by assistant referee Mick McDonough in the build-up to their equaliser. Positioning is everything as an assistant referee and he is not where he needs to be, which is looking along the offside line. Because he is too far down the touchline, he cannot judge whether Antonio Valencia is just offside before he receives the ball, which he is. In those circumstances, he gives the benefit of the doubt to the attacker.

He will have known he lost his position at a crucial time.

Thats two ex Manyoo employees saying the same now.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:19pm On Jan 16, 2017
Even with this dubious line, Valencia is still levelled with their number 6
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 6:20pm On Jan 16, 2017
Another ex-Referee Keith Hackett

That said, his performance at Old Trafford was not perfect. When Michael and his team look back on the game there will be three decisions they will be disappointed with.

The most serious of them was when assistant referee Mick McDonough failed to notice Antonio Valencia was offside in the build-up to Manchester United’s equaliser. He was completely out of position and it was a poor error considering the move was being conducted at walking pace.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 6:24pm On Jan 16, 2017
elampiro:

It's not straight, I am sure they used manual technology. You need to see the one drew by The Sun, even a primary school pupil would have done better.

Lmao at manual technology
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:34pm On Jan 16, 2017
Nihilist:
Elampiro

This is Howard Webb writing in the Times

Thats two ex Manyoo employees saying the same now.

They are also looking at the wrong line drawn.

See The Sun newspaper bent line.

The second picture, I used my phone technology to help them. Na only them get technology?

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:38pm On Jan 16, 2017
This is not an offside, Skysports misled everyone. They need to apologize.

You know even opta do correct their technologically generated live data hours after the final whistle.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Evildoer: 6:43pm On Jan 16, 2017
How is Valencia offside?

White people and astigmatism sef grin grin

Nice one baba elampiro!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 6:47pm On Jan 16, 2017
elampiro, this your line straight so?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:49pm On Jan 16, 2017
Evildoer:
How is Valencia offside?

White people and astigmatism sef grin grin

Nice one baba elampiro!

Dont mind them, Manchester United is becoming a feard team again, the only way is to report against them to turn the referees and fans against United.

Imagine the sun said United has benefited from 6 offside goals this season and United must be stopped. When we were here crying from poor officiaty against us m

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 6:49pm On Jan 16, 2017
elampiro:

The second picture, I used my phone technology to help them. Na only them get technology?

i dey gbadun you jare... technology aiye, technology oro!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 6:50pm On Jan 16, 2017
na to prepare for stoke remain those guys have been on a tear lately.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:51pm On Jan 16, 2017
SIRcumalot:
elampiro, this your line straight so?

Very well, I did not draw it. I placed it on the edge of the last centre defender, then it ran to Valencia.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 6:58pm On Jan 16, 2017
Elamps wehdone jare grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RooRuudRonSaha(m): 6:59pm On Jan 16, 2017
Oasis007:
"In the second half, Liverpool were winning and they know how to defend – they defend very well. I think they press really well and their lateral movement is good. When we played at Anfield, we had a phenomenal defensive performance with lots of critics; today I think Liverpool don’t deserve critics, I think they deserve people to say that defensively they are very good."

- Jose Mourinho
mourinho yarning opata since the death of christ.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 7:04pm On Jan 16, 2017
I want make we meet Liverpool again for that carling cup final.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 7:09pm On Jan 16, 2017
elampiro:

Your line is across the picture not through it. That's the reason why you're arguing with sky sports, ex referees, and replay technology.

Your line has no perception of depth.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 7:18pm On Jan 16, 2017
Nihilist:

Your line is across the picture not through it. That's the reason why you're arguing with sky sports, ex referees, and replay technology.

should we now call on the Prof then to help use some f/m equations to calculate if the line is correct

undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:18pm On Jan 16, 2017
Nihilist:

Simple question now. What did you see from the video you watched? The 45sec video I provided?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 7:29pm On Jan 16, 2017
elampiro:

Simple question now. What did you see from the video you watched? The 45sec video I provided?

The simple question you should ask yourself is why the only person in this world arguing this point is Elampiro.

When Coogar used to say you watched matches in a calabash of water, I thought he was joking.

You're talking 45 second clip in real time, when there's a freaking 30 minutes post match analysis with replays in front of you. cheesy

I've literally just taken this picture of that piece of play to show you how crap your analysis is.

Note the line you've been shouting that sky sports drew is actually a pattern on the pitch. Milner(No7) is on one side of the line and Valencia is on the other side

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 7:31pm On Jan 16, 2017
Elampiro look again. This is your pic.

Sky Sports did not draw that line...that is a pitch pattern that is clearly parallel to the line of the box

How can you look at that and say it's not off?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:33pm On Jan 16, 2017
Nihilist:

The simple question you should ask yourself is why the only person in this world arguing this point is Elampiro.

When Coogar used to say you watched matches in a calabash of water, I thought he was joking.

You're talking 45 second clip in real time, when there's a freaking 30 minutes post match analysis with replays in front of you. cheesy

I've literally just taken this picture of that piece of play to show you how crap your analysis is.

Note the line you've been shouting that sky sports drew is actually a pattern on the pitch. Milner(No7) is on one side of the line and Valencia is on the other side

I am not the only one arguing. Many people are protesting the analysis provided by skysports. Even a certain youtube analysis suggesting Valencia was offside got more dislikes than likes.

Your picture here didn't show the center defenders
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:39pm On Jan 16, 2017
Nihilist:

Sky Sports did not draw that line...that is a pitch pattern that is clearly parallel to the line of the box

The pass had already been made here, and Valencia already running forward.

It is also possible that one this occasion the pitch line was not properly drawn
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 7:42pm On Jan 16, 2017
Nihilist:

this is after the ball has been passed, look at the direction of the Liverpool players approaching Valencia, look at Valencia's position in the first and second picture and also look at the pitch pattern

Valencia was before the line when mata released the pass as it is evident in your first picture, the second picture is after the ball has been released

this is based on the picture you provided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 7:42pm On Jan 16, 2017
elampiro:

The pass had already been made here, and Valencia already running forward.

That is the exact same frame you crudely drew your line over. The difference is that instead of looking at a thumbnail, I've now posted a full size pic.

I have already proven that the line you've say Sky Sports drew was actually a perfectly straight pitch pattern and it's pretty obvious there that Valencia us offside....I mean Gary Neville who was commentating on the game called it immediately sef.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 7:46pm On Jan 16, 2017
dopeJemi:

this is after the ball has been passed, look at the direction of the Liverpool players approaching Valencia, look at Valencia's position in the first and second picture and also look at the pitch pattern

Valencia was before the line when mata released the pass as it is evident in your first picture, the second picture is after the ball has been released

this is based on the picture you provided

Whats the difference between these two pics?

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:55pm On Jan 16, 2017
Nihilist:

The ruling on Old Trafford pitch is not horizontal but vertical.

That horizontal line you provided was added by the person (the Sun) who made that post match video.

Valencia was not offside. Don’t rely on dubious bent line.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordjnr: 7:58pm On Jan 16, 2017
Nihilist:

When Coogar used to say you watched WATCHED MATCHES IN A CALABASH OF WATER, I thought he was joking.

grin

Nihilist you are just a hate filled blue _twunt! So the draw dey pain you like this? I wonder what you would have done if we had won!

Anyway I just had to register my pleasure at this shot that brought back memories! "Calabash and hen familia"...

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:01pm On Jan 16, 2017
elampiro:

The ruling on Old Trafford pitch is not horizontal but vertical.

That horizontal line you provided was added by the person (the Sun) who made that post match video.

Valencia was not offside. Don’t rely on dubious bent line.

Lmao

That's a picture of my telly baba elampiro
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:02pm On Jan 16, 2017
SIRcumalot:
I want make we meet Liverpool again for that carling cup final.
Better want better thing o. No say i no tell you
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 8:04pm On Jan 16, 2017
Nihilist:

they are the same pictures, you uploaded two different pictures the first time

these two pictures you just uploaded is after the ball has been released
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:05pm On Jan 16, 2017
Funlordjnr:

grin

Nihilist you are just a hate filled blue _twunt! So the draw dey pain you like this? I wonder what you would have done if we had won!

Anyway I just had to register my pleasure at this shot that brought back memories! "Calabash and hen familia"...

Of course I'm a proud ABU, but this has nothing to do with that.

Elampiro is contesting the judgement of pundits who were live at the game and had replay technology to hand. I'm also contesting his own interpretation dazall.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3720) (3721) (3722) (3723) (3724) (3725) (3726) ... (14119) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: eghos12(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.