Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8666266 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4207) (4208) (4209) (4210) (4211) (4212) (4213) ... (14139) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 21, 2017
Funlord2:

Another javelin through the eyeballs for the haters this fine morning! grin

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfers-paul-pogba-13214827?ptnr_rid=1085970&icid=EM_MEN_Nletter_MUFC_News_smallteaser_Text_Story4

We are not real, barca, bayern or chelsea who engage in wanton corruption and contractual deceit and banditry!

Nice one for United... did you notice where they said he hit the woodwork nine times ? , if only those nine were turned into goals, certain arguments won't pop up on this thread... looking forward to next season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlord2(m): 3:33pm On Jun 21, 2017
diggz:

Eerrmm..eerrmmm ..,...no vex Bros but......but your coach and Ur former club legend are involved in wanton corruption and refusal to pay their tax cheesy

Their present personal situations (not guilty of anything yet) both occurred in spain! The bastion of diabolical financial football practices! Far far away from Manchester and our pristine organization so how this one take concern us? I won't even blame them for trying to capitalize on what they saw messi neymar and their bandit daddies doing since la liga/spain permits such crap!

We can't be touched...we have a lot more to lose than most of you lot (money and prestige wise) so we always have to remain above board! If they are owing they should pay simple! They are still our people!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:36pm On Jun 21, 2017
I know juve pulled some shady sheet with that pogba money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 3:46pm On Jun 21, 2017
Tvegas:

I read he may be using us to negotiate a new contract. United needs to get back to the top as soon as possible,we also need to avoid doing desperate deals like 89million pounds for pogba so we can avoid these scenarios of players using us for their ends.

His agent was up to some fishy play but forgot Bayern Munich are like that possessive boyfriend who needs to grant permission to his girlfriend to even breath. They shot down the rumor before it could even learn how to walk. Guilem Balague is the last person I'll trust for transfer news.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pamcode(m): 4:04pm On Jun 21, 2017
diggz:

Guys kindly take note of Key points like "united needs to get back to the top" and "desperate deals like 89mil for adabowale"....
lol but then the English clubs need to step up their quality we are quite far from madrid and barca
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 4:18pm On Jun 21, 2017
Lana1:
you be fool. undecided
If u had any sense, u'd realise none of my posts yesterday was about defending Pogba with respect to his Fee, or performance last season

And you will tell your kids not to lie.

Lana1:

Pogba's major problem last season was our attackers not converting the various chances he created plus the bad luck of most of his shots hitting the bar.
diggz:

Cc airmark
bigkesh
Jensen
loardfalcao
Pamcode

Guys kindly take note of Key points like "united needs to get back to the top" and "desperate deals like 89mil for adabowale"....

cheesy cheesy cheesy

They cant hide the truth for long. Poorgba people.

eph12:

It tells me that the board did magic by ignoring the guy that came best in the league to compensate to Ikedia with an award.

They compensated ikedia for a job not well done, right? Who compensated pogba?

CapitalCee:

Hazard did not win any young player award in England this shrimp

Who is this scummy self?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 4:19pm On Jun 21, 2017
pamcode:
lol but then the English clubs need to step up their quality we are quite far from madrid and barca

Madrid probably cuz deres no team in the world with the quality and depth of talent they are parading. Barca na Messi FC still.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 4:44pm On Jun 21, 2017
Leyqute:

You have a point and I agree- we can't complain about MC what with his price tag, and Levy would've milked us for more too if he saw his potential.

However if you examine things holistically without a shred of emotion you'll agree he was and has been only more than average. Would you say he was better than Roy Keane in protecting the back 4? Can you compare Carrick and Modric?

Carrick was a good player and over time he's grown on us and matured his game. That's it.

True
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 4:58pm On Jun 21, 2017
The stadium sold out. grin power of ororo. Bernado Silva.... I sight you too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 5:48pm On Jun 21, 2017
airmark:

And you will tell your kids not to lie.
Chai. Be like say na comptehension be the flaw of u Chelsea fans.

If u picked up anything from my posts wey u don dey dig since, u'll notice am not one of Pogba's biggest fans.

I only had issues with ur post yesterday because u where judging Pogba harshly and then using similar metric to find leniency for Bale's poor season.

Now go away! undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 8:59pm On Jun 21, 2017
Na wa. What's happening to nairaland. I suspect shekpe fans or up barka fans(since ronaldo scored).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 9:45pm On Jun 21, 2017
airmark:

Thats why i said they were all joking yesterday.

Are you not entertained?

This one done mad finish!!!!.... so we cannot call out a player if he has a bad game ni? grin grin grin grin

The pummel Christine dealt you has affected your medulla! cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 9:49pm On Jun 21, 2017
Leyqute:

You have a point and I agree- we can't complain about MC what with his price tag, and Levy would've milked us for more too if he saw his potential.

However if you examine things holistically without a shred of emotion you'll agree he was and has been only more than average. Would you say he was better than Roy Keane in protecting the back 4? Can you compare Carrick and Modric?

Carrick was a good player and over time he's grown on us and matured his game. That's it.

I don't quite agree with some of the things you said,I think the main problem with most fans about Carrick is that they expected an exact replacement for Keane..there can only b one Keane,they both play their roles differently,keano is an aggressive player who likes to tackle strongly,while Carrick is one who wins the ball through interception....mayb in terms of tackles and protection of the back four Keane was better,but in creativity and build up play from the back Carrick is better..Carrick has been influential throughout his stay at manu,5 epl titles in 11 years is no easy feat..mind you all our 3 ucl finals between 08 to 11 had one common midfielder throughout which is Carrick,
a "slightly above average" midfielder can't b d brain and heart of a midfield that's achieved so much...people always talk about how schooles shud b replaced but if you observe from 09 in big matches schooles cud b rested but Carrick not...even in our last ucl final Carrick started ahead of schooles

Carrick is just like busquets in the sense that no matter what they do,most fans wud see their job as just average,but they are actually the ones which makes teams tick..for d fact that a footballing brain like pep guardiola says he's on d same level with Alonso and busquets says a lot about him..

and you shoudnt have compared him with modric,they don't play d same roles

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 11:31pm On Jun 21, 2017
elrony:

This one done mad finish!!!!.... so we cannot call out a player if he has a bad game ni? grin grin grin grin

The pummel Christine dealt you has affected your medulla! cheesy

A bad game ? cheesy If he only had a bad game, he would have been your team's player of the year. He is not among the best five performers for your team last season. Lana advised him to go to river niger for cleansing, but he opted for mecca.

Lana1:
Lol. At this point, na prayer Pogba need. The guy cant even influence a game for us to win. He needs to go and wash his head 7 times inside river.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 12:20am On Jun 22, 2017
airmark:

A bad game ? cheesy If he only had a bad game, he would have been your team's player of the year. He is not among the best five performers for your team last season. Lana advised him to go to river niger for cleansing, but he opted for mecca.

grin grin grin Airmark Gerrarahia mehn! ...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 6:07am On Jun 22, 2017
dubylhover:

I don't quite agree with some of the things you said,I think the main problem with most fans about Carrick is that they expected an exact replacement for Keane..there can only b one Keane,they both play their roles differently,keano is an aggressive player who likes to tackle strongly,while Carrick is one who wins the ball through interception....mayb in terms of tackles and protection of the back four Keane was better,but in creativity and build up play from the back Carrick is better..Carrick has been influential throughout his stay at manu,5 epl titles in 11 years is no easy feat..mind you all our 3 ucl finals between 08 to 11 had one common midfielder throughout which is Carrick,
a "slightly above average" midfielder can't b d brain and heart of a midfield that's achieved so much...people always talk about how schooles shud b replaced but if you observe from 09 in big matches schooles cud b rested but Carrick not...even in our last ucl final Carrick started ahead of schooles

Carrick is just like busquets in the sense that no matter what they do,most fans wud see their job as just average,but they are actually the ones which makes teams tick..for d fact that a footballing brain like pep guardiola says he's on d same level with Alonso and busquets says a lot about him..

Carrick is the most underrated footballer in his generation. I didn't want to stretch it further though, but MC without bias, is a complete package and if he has not been excellent we couldn't have been looking for his replacement for years now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:28am On Jun 22, 2017
@dubylhover You've got a nice opinion though but as a DM you should protect the back four. My main problem with Carrick is with his brand of football when defending.

Carrick's method of intercepting instead of making tackles isn't really enough.

You don't have to be overly aggressive to make clean tackles and get the ball. Yes, we got into 3 UCL finals in 4 years (when we had lots of attackers who were on fire) but the fashion in which we lost 2 of them can't be stomached.

He started steadying games later on in his career.

Neverthrless, he was a good buy but I won't praise him to the high heavens.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:30am On Jun 22, 2017
dubylhover:

Are you kiddddding?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:36am On Jun 22, 2017
CapitalCee:

Carrick is the most underrated footballer in his generation. I didn't want to stretch it further though, but MC without bias, is a complete package and if he has not been excellent we couldn't have been looking for his replacement for years now.
We're​ also still looking for Scholes replacement
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:22am On Jun 22, 2017
Goodbye NL...Ima Lay low for a while maybe pop back in a year or two.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 7:33am On Jun 22, 2017
CapitalCee:

exactly,very much underrated..I remember when we bought vanpersie,before the season started,sir Alex made a comment that for us to lift d epl title,he needed Carrick to b in top form and that particular season he was in team of d season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 7:35am On Jun 22, 2017
Leyqute:

Are you kiddddding?

modric is a box to box central midfielder,while Carrick is a deep lying playmaker like pirlo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:10am On Jun 22, 2017
from twitter: januzaj done go sociedad for around 9million euros.
i was never really a fan of this guy;hope he gets back to his best.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 8:39am On Jun 22, 2017
Brightwood:
Goodbye NL...Ima Lay low for a while maybe pop back in a year or two.

My man grin wink All the best Chief.... wink

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:16am On Jun 22, 2017
How I wish it can happen next Season. Nice Lineup and Formation though, but the Subs need adjustment.

The Team can't rely on Blind as only Defender on the Bench. Lingard should make way for Jones.

1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlord2(m): 11:41am On Jun 22, 2017
New home kit design by addidas?

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:44pm On Jun 22, 2017
Juventus are interested in signing Manchester United right back Matteo Darmian, according to Sky sources.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:45pm On Jun 22, 2017
Sky sources understand Manchester United have received an €11m (£9.7m) bid from Real Sociedad for Adnan Januzaj.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4207) (4208) (4209) (4210) (4211) (4212) (4213) ... (14139) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Nathz101(m), Mrviktor(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.