Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,382 members, 7,781,079 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:31 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8511367 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4211) (4212) (4213) (4214) (4215) (4216) (4217) ... (14078) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 6:15pm On Jun 26, 2017
Jose Mourinho's father has passed away Our thoughts are with him and his family.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 6:17pm On Jun 26, 2017
I don't know what to think about matic really. Trying to push pogba further upfront?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by HEFaya(m): 6:17pm On Jun 26, 2017
can anyone send me the link to an active manchester united whatsapp group
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 6:23pm On Jun 26, 2017
E shey ibi teti beere(Mata,Mourinho)
E shey ibi tey bade(Matic)
Adupe o Woodward,ibi tie mu waa lo(Cahill,Costa)

Matic-Fellaini-Pogba...........Imagine the height /ball sense ratio of that midfield........ Kai

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tvegas(m): 6:41pm On Jun 26, 2017
Three reasons why Chelsea’s Nemanja Matic is exactly what Manchester United need
Written by Sam Leveridge

Manchester United are nearing a deal with a Chelsea to bring midfielder Nemanja Magic to Old Trafford, according to ESPN.
If true, it will see a reunion between the Serbian international and Jose Mourinho after he brought him back to west London having been sold to Benfica.

The news comes after Matic was hugely influential as a key first team player for Antonio Conte as Chelsea romped to the Premier League title in 2016/17, shrugging off the challenge of rivals like United in the process. However, the likely arrival of Tiemoue Bakayoko could see Matic lose his place as a regular starter and with just one year left on his current contract, Chelsea may look to cash in while they can.
Here are three reasons why he would be a great signing for United…

He’s a player Jose Mourinho knows and trusts
In his first season at Old Trafford, one of the biggest issues for Jose Mourinho has been identifying which players he can count on. The likes of Luke Shaw, Chris Smalling, Anthony Martial and Wayne Rooney have all suffered, but now Mourinho will be keen to have a squad of players he knows well and trusts.
Matic made 90 appearances under Mourinho during their time together at Chelsea and became his crucial midfield enforcer. Mourinho displayed trust in Matic then, handing responsibility to his midfielder, and he will want that at Old Trafford too.
With few other proven Premier League players available in the same mould as Matic, he is a reliable addition to the United squad.

Matic will add a goal threat from deep
While Ander Herrera and Marouane Fellaini, the regular midfield duo in 2016/17, registered six goals and 11 assists in 97 games between them, Matic scored twice and recorded nine assists in just 40 games. Matic is more than capable of releasing a thunderbolt from distance, as Tottenham found out in the FA Cup semi-final. That’s a skill which is sorely lacking in the United midfield, leaving them forced to try to penetrate and break down lesser sides who came to Old Trafford content to play for a draw.

This season has also shown the 28-year-old to be a creative force. His vision and passing from deep was crucial to kick start moves from as soon as possession was won and start moves on the counter-attack; something bound to appeal to Mourinho.

He’s got experience at the very top of the Premier League
With two Premier League winners’ medals from the past three seasons, Nemanja Matic knows exactly what it takes to win the trophy that United fans desperately crave.
Whilst that is not something lacking in the stands and amongst the staff at Old Trafford, it is missing in midfield. The likes of Andre Herrera, Marouane Fellaini and Paul Pogba have all joined since the Sir Alex Ferguson era came to an end and with Michael Carrick’s role ever decreasing, the experienced head of Matic will be more than welcome.

Whilst Herrera has been impressive this season, he would be allowed more freedom to roam forward with an experienced player like Matic alongside him. With Marouane Fellaini, it’s not an option, partly in terms of experience and partly in terms of quality.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:53pm On Jun 26, 2017
SIRcumalot:

if Madrid still insist on this foolishness that we are hearing (70mil),am fine with rashidi.

I dey tell you, but it's a pity we ain't part of the Management. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 7:05pm On Jun 26, 2017
Matic... No ... Untill Utd confirms it... Its all but rrumours. Aint buying it
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:08pm On Jun 26, 2017
The Matic Transfer Ish is not on Sky Sports yet, hence I'm kinda less concerned at the moment.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TopWinner(m): 7:15pm On Jun 26, 2017
Why in the world are we being linked with Matic in the first place? When according to the papers, Fabinho is already a United player.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 7:20pm On Jun 26, 2017
Oasis007:
The Matic Transfer Ish is not on Sky Sports yet, hence I'm kinda less concerned at the moment.
Me too
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:28pm On Jun 26, 2017
JayKayMaybachz:
Me too

I'm ain't JM, and I do not KNOW his Plans for the next Season. If the Rumor eventually materialized, no Qualm.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mentions: 7:34pm On Jun 26, 2017
i have heard that united are very interested in a young very talented attacking player from poland and his name is SNUBAN SNUBBEDOVSKI

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 7:50pm On Jun 26, 2017
I can see the apprehension about the Nemanja Matic deal. Lol. grin

to be honest, I'm not really sold on the Matic deal, whether true or mere rumour,but have you considered some things? If Mourinho really want Matic, him alone knows why and what he sees in him. so many of us seem to be blindsided by Matic's awful performance last season, judging from the reaction of Chelsea fans, that we neglect to take some things into context.

3 seasons ago in Jose's 2nd stint at the Bridge, Matic was a beast, a rock in the midfield and covering for the defence. the next season, the whole Chelsea team underperformed which led to Jose's sacking. don't single out Matic for the blame alone.

last season, Matic's job was effectively being done by Kante, so it was like he's useless and needless, a waste of space, but he still gave his best. maybe his 'best' wasn't enough to impress some of us.

if Jose Mourinho really want Matic and the rumours are true, it shouldn't surprise anyone considering that is a defensive coach, who knows how to drill defence into tough, impenetrable unit and he knows the defence needs midfield protection and also added steel in the middle. Matic may not seem a like for like long-term replacement for Carrick, but consider a midfield 3 of Herrera, Matic and Pogba and tell me what you think. Matic might just recover his form he display 3 seasons ago and be the steel in front of the defence, while freeing up Pogba and Herrera to carry out playmaking responsibility father upfield, knowing that the back is secured safe in Matic's hands.

I'm still not sold on the Matic deal if it's proven true, but let's look at each player in the eyes of the coach. he's the one who knows what he wants.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ToyinDipo(m): 7:52pm On Jun 26, 2017
I am less than disappointed on this Matic news, I hope his dip in form in the 2nd half of 2014 was due to being overworked because of Fabregas' defensive deficiency.
If he can pick up the form of his early 2nd stint in Chelsea, and be consistent, then he would be a great buy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 7:56pm On Jun 26, 2017
Mentions:
i have heard that united are very interested in a young very talented attacking player from poland and his name is SNUBAN SNUBBEDOVSKI

What is wrong with this Chelshit fans sef?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 8:04pm On Jun 26, 2017
Oasis007:

I'm ain't JM, and I do not KNOW his Plans for the next Season. If the Rumor eventually materialized, no Qualm.
Me no want Chelsea reject
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 8:55pm On Jun 26, 2017
TopWinner:
Why in the world are we being linked with Matic in the first place? When according to the papers, Fabinho is already a United player.
Fabinho prefers the right back position. So its valencia we should be worried about.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:02pm On Jun 26, 2017
JayKayMaybachz:
Me no want Chelsea reject

grin

Is he?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by HEFaya(m): 9:24pm On Jun 26, 2017
@ManUtdUpdates_: Manchester United are waiting for Chelsea to complete the signing of Bakayoko before making their move for Matic. [Telegraph]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sharpboyus(m): 10:26pm On Jun 26, 2017
Trending: United close in on Nemanja Matic as Chelsea plot £100m deals

http://footballnewspapers.com/trending-united-close-in-on-nemanja-matic-as-chelsea-plot-100m-deals/
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TopWinner(m): 10:56pm On Jun 26, 2017
obainojazz:
Fabinho prefers the right back position. So its valencia we should be worried about.

Point is Valencia won't be benched, so he'd most likely be deployed at the DM position knowing who Jose is.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 9:12am On Jun 27, 2017
obainojazz:
Do you have a source for this?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:49am On Jun 27, 2017
So after all the players we have been linked to it's Matic we're getting? It better be a joke or one of those useless rumors.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 9:54am On Jun 27, 2017
MRTA7:

Do you have a source for this?
Well... Saw it while reading about Matic transfe in goal.com i think. They said and I quote ' matic transfer won't affect the pursuit of fabinho as he himsaid said he prefers his natural right back position'. Something like this.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 9:56am On Jun 27, 2017
TopWinner:

Point is Valencia won't be benched, so he'd most likely be deployed at the DM position knowing who Jose is.
Good he can play two positions.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by folba(m): 10:02am On Jun 27, 2017
So far Matic arrival is going to have a ripple effect on fellaini chances of getting into the first team he is a welcome addition grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 10:28am On Jun 27, 2017
eph12:
So after all the players we have been linked to it's Matic we're getting? It better be a joke or one of those useless rumors.
I wonder which Matic you guys are talking about grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 10:29am On Jun 27, 2017
tess1:
Jose Mourinho's father has passed away Our thoughts are with him and his family.
may he find eternal peace in Abraham's bosom Amen.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:36am On Jun 27, 2017
ChristineC:
I wonder which Matic you guys are talking about grin grin grin
cheesy I wonder too o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 11:15am On Jun 27, 2017
eph12:

cheesy I wonder too o
theres talk of Fabinho already done even the player has been vocal lately, concrete enquiries about one Raja Naigollan (who's he?), then suddenly a Matic pops up.

if it's the Matic I know he may not even make the bench, I was like "ok premier league experience not so bad" but when I saw £40m I was like

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sharpboyus(m): 12:09pm On Jun 27, 2017
Chelsea FC news: Selling Nemanja Matic to Manchester United could come back to bite Blues and Antonio Conte, warns Mario Melchiot

http://newspaperupdate.com/chelsea-fc-news-selling-nemanja-matic-to-manchester-united-could-come-back-to-bite-blues-and-antonio-conte-warns-mario-melchiot/
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:13pm On Jun 27, 2017
I'd be more than disappointed if we eventually buy Matic, even if it's only to warm the bench.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4211) (4212) (4213) (4214) (4215) (4216) (4217) ... (14078) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.