Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,769 members, 7,798,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8615135 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4281) (4282) (4283) (4284) (4285) (4286) (4287) ... (14117) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:23am On Jul 22, 2017
CapitalCee:

As much as I like that Martial so much, he has lost some sharpness, if he doesn't put in a shift this season, then no one should blackmail mourinho into playing him undeservedly.everybody in the team are playing out their hearts to stake a claim to first team football, especially his mates like Rashford,TFM, Pereira, and Lingard, so if he can't roll up his sleeves and work he should be moved on.

I think it is harsh to say Martial isn't working hard. He's putting in a lot of effort to make things happen, he's just been rusty. He needs to improve on his decision making, shot technique and overall play.

You and I know what he'll bring to the table if he gets his vibe back.

If he keeps working hard- in matches and training likewise, he'll recapture his form.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 7:31am On Jul 22, 2017
slimghost:

I beg to disagree. Ed sucks at negotiation and that's why clubs take advantage of that. He has virtually overpaid for 90% of his signings even before T.v. rights embarrassed EPL clubs with money.
Mourinho is practically begging the dude to sit up and it's disgusting.

You're confused, Bro. You've just stated why Ed is now wasting time on deals so as to avoid the embolden in your post. Shouldn't you be happy that Ed is now more wiser than before?

So which scenario do you want?

Madrid: Morata is 70m with 15m add-ons
Ed: no shaking. Here's the money.

Tottenham: Dier is 60m. Take it or leave.
Ed: money dey. Oya here's the cheque for 60m. No time.

Inter: we hear say una rich. Pay 50m for Perisic.
Ed: you be man wey sabi. Here's a cheque of 50mil.

Just imagine the money being called for average players and you're complaining that Ed has spent much in the past. Ain't you happy that he's refusing to accept the fees easily? Na wa o.

The same Mourinho backed Ed on not spending excessively. Do you think transfers are that easy? Why haven't Mbappe left with all the suitors he'd had for over a month now? Why haven't Liverpool signed Keita and Van Dijk for over a month now? It's not easy and there's no special trophy for signing players fast. Ed should take his time and try to reduce the asking prices.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 7:48am On Jul 22, 2017
sinizia:

You're confused, Bro. You've just stated why Ed is now wasting time on deals so as to avoid the embolden in your post. Shouldn't you be happy that Ed is now more wiser than before?

Ed: you be man wey sabi. Here's a cheque of 50mil.

Just imagine the money being called for average players and you're complaining that Ed has spent much in the past. Ain't you happy that he's refusing to accept the fees easily? Na wa o.

The same Mourinho backed Ed on not spending excessively. Do you think transfers are that easy? Why haven't Mbappe left with all the suitors he'd had for over a month now? Why haven't Liverpool signed Keita and Van Dijk for over a month now? It's not easy and there's no special trophy for signing players fast. Ed should take his time and try to reduce the asking prices.

I am not confused bro. Go and read Mourinho's lamentations about this summer transfer. It's a known fact that Ed sucks at negotiations, I am surprised you are claiming ignorant of that fact.

Chelsea went in, got Bakayoko and left, Shitty went in , got Silva and left. The clown has been stuck on Fabinho for sometime now.
Let me paint a picture of a good negotiator for you. Remember how Gil and SAF signed RVP from a direct rival? even though Arsenal never wanted him to move to a rival club.
The same thing is playing out with Matic now but I can bet my networth that the clown Ed can never negotiate that transfer successfully.
I am sure Mourinho knows how skillless he is at negotiations , that's why he gave him 4 different options for the 4 positions.
Yet this clown will end up overpaying for The Croatia Ikedia soon.
I rest my case please.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ashjay001(m): 8:11am On Jul 22, 2017
raumdeuter:

Mourinho that was sacked at his last 2 jobs didnt come to prove himself?

Both of them are in the same league, same city similar clubs. and Pep finished aead of Mourinho

WHy are you scared of sticking your neck out that Mourinho will finish ahead? Do I sense some fear in you, No wonder you are scurrying all over the internet looking for youtube clips all over.

This season 2 of them are in 2 major cups CL and League and 1 minor FA cup

CL, League and FA cup in that order are the measure for both of them

What u dont realise is, should Mou not get another job in his life time, he remains a legend, esp in d epl!

Pep is a legend too, but unfortunately, a flop in d epl, for now!

Mou is a serial winner, in europe n any league! U can take that to any bank!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ashjay001(m): 8:23am On Jul 22, 2017
slimghost:

I am not confused bro. Go and read Mourinho's lamentations about this summer transfer. It's a known fact that Ed sucks at negotiations, I am surprised you are claiming ignorant of that fact.

Chelsea went in, got Bakayoko and left, Shitty went in , got Silva and left. The clown has been stuck on Fabinho for sometime now.
Let me paint a picture of a good negotiator for you. Remember how Gil and SAF signed RVP from a direct rival? even though Arsenal never wanted him to move to a rival club.
The same thing is playing out with Matic now but I can bet my networth that the clown Ed can never negotiate that transfer successfully.
I am sure Mourinho knows how skillless he is at negotiations , that's why he gave him 4 different options for the 4 positions.
I rest my case please.

If u had truly listened to Mou's lamentations, u will read where he said; man u is expected to pay over d odds for a player?! Ed was quite successful last season! Why not give him d benefit of doubt this season?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:39am On Jul 22, 2017
slimghost:

I rest my case please.

Eeerm bros calm down, Ed is not a good negotiator we know, but can you remember the same Gill and Ferguson could not tie up deals for Sneijder and Ronaldinho. Woodward have been trying to sign these mourinhos target but the prices are high, and mourinho has stated he won't want players being overpaid for, just like sinizia has mentioned what is delaying these deals is the selling club's asking price and Woodward don't want to pay which is the right thing to do. Transfer window closes more than one month from now, so there is still time or will you want us to sign another Batshauyi for big money this early and later regret it? The RVP example you gave is way off, let me tell you time has changed, if it's in this present time Arsenal will never sell RVP to us, if not why didn't man city and Chelsea go and grab Sanchez when he stated clearly he wants to go. The current money influx into football now making every club rich is the cause, Arsenal can afford to keep Sanchez this year and lose him for free next year, no problem, they received 100m+ only from TV last year unlike before.
Look at Liverpool,Barcelona are coming with 74m for Coutinho but they refused and believe me they won't sell him to them.
Look at Degea, why don't he agitate for a transfer? He know we can dump him on the bench for the 4 Remaining years of his contract without any fuss.
Look at mbappe,verratti, sigurdsson, Bellerin and many other players in demand, why are they not moving yet?
I like this new reality, it means Madrid and Barcelona would no longer get world class players easily they would have to make do with average players, just wait let Ronaldo and Messi phase out you will understand what I am saying.
So my brother it's not easy the way you are seeing it, Time has changed.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 8:53am On Jul 22, 2017
I was particularly happy with that Mourinho interview.
The reason everyone has been trying to hold us to ransom for every average Joe out there, is not because of any epl money. United have always had money.

It is because we look desperate and everyone is trying to take advantage.

Now Jose has come out to say we no longer need to sign 4, that he'd be happy with 3, and also that he isn't in support of overpaying for average players.

This to me looks like an attempt to not come across as desperate, at least not anymore.

Make everybody chill. Then make real moves when the transfer window is about to close and see if clubs won't behave.

Thunder fire inter Milan btw
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 9:10am On Jul 22, 2017
sinizia:

[b]Madrid: Morata is 70m with 15m add-ons

Ed: you be man wey sabi. Here's a cheque of 50mi[/b]l.

The bolded really got me, this guy you're a clown.

But na true you talk, as much as I don't too much fancy Lukaku, I have said it here countless times that I don't need any Madrid bench warmer in our team for extortionate amount. Morata for 70m from those dirty Madrid and he flops(which is looking very likely), my God I won't eat for days, that was why I was so overjoyed when we pulled out of the deal.
The right player should come at the right price
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 9:25am On Jul 22, 2017
sinizia:

Ed: you be man wey sabi. Here's a cheque of 50million

But na true you talk, as much as I don't too much fancy Lukaku, I have said it here countless times that I don't need any Madrid bench warmer in our team for extortionate amount. Morata for 70m from those dirty Madrid and he flops(which is looking very likely), my God I won't eat for days, that was why I was so overjoyed when we pulled out of the deal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 9:42am On Jul 22, 2017
CapitalCee:

Eeerm bros calm down, Ed is not a good negotiator we know, but can you remember the same Gill and Ferguson could not tie up deals for Sneijder and Ronaldinho. Woodward have been trying to sign these mourinhos target but the prices are high, and mourinho has stated he won't want players being overpaid for, just like sinizia has mentioned what is delaying these deals is the selling club's asking price and Woodward don't want to pay which is the right thing to do. Transfer window closes more than one month from now, so there is still time or will you want us to sign another Batshauyi for big money this early and later regret it? The RVP example you gave is way off, let me tell you time has changed, if it's in this present time Arsenal will never sell RVP to us, if not why didn't man city and Chelsea go and grab Sanchez when he stated clearly he wants to go. The current money influx into football now making every club rich is the cause, Arsenal can afford to keep Sanchez this year and lose him for free next year, no problem, they received 100m+ only from TV last year unlike before.
Look at Liverpool,Barcelona are coming with 74m for Coutinho but they refused and believe me they won't sell him to them.
Look at Degea, why don't he agitate for a transfer? He know we can dump him on the bench for the 4 Remaining years of his contract without any fuss.
Look at mbappe,verratti, sigurdsson, Bellerin and many other players in demand, why are they not moving yet?
I like this new reality, it means Madrid and Barcelona would no longer get world class players easily they would have to make do with average players, just wait let Ronaldo and Messi phase out you will understand what I am saying.
Who is regretting Batshuayi? You nor see Martial use as example na person wey match winner wey cfc take lift epl trophy you chose...I know you're emotional but nor let Chelsea obsession cost your early death. Abeg we still need you around. Typical manure fan.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 9:47am On Jul 22, 2017
CapitalCee:

So Lukaku came at the right price.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 10:10am On Jul 22, 2017
hensben:
So Lukaku came at the right price.

I am sure you didn't see anything like that in any of my post, or didn't you do comprehension in your primary and secondary?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 10:13am On Jul 22, 2017
CapitalCee:

I don't understand what's so difficult to grab here. The reason most clubs hold out for large sums when it comes to Utd is because they know we have a neophyte handling our transfer business who would throws money around to get targets so he can please the UTD faithfuls.

You can twist it for all you like but most UTD fans know that our problem with inbound transfers is Ed. Go and read Mourinhos interview slowly again. Below is an excerpt :

"I thank him for that fantastic work to bring us
two very important players for us, but we need a
bit more. When you see the other teams in the
Premier League, the way they get players and
good players and important players, and you see
the champions buy three fantastic, experienced
players, and you see the way Man City go to the
market, and Liverpool and West Ham.

Clearly Mourinho knows Woodward is not doing enough!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 10:17am On Jul 22, 2017
CapitalCee:

I am sure you didn't see anything like that in any of my post, or didn't you do comprehension in your primary and secondary?
where did I say it's in your post. I'm sure you didn't do comprehension.
Btw, Your club paid 75mil plus captain Rooney, all together 90mil pounds for a Chelsea reject.(Lukaku).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 10:18am On Jul 22, 2017
hensben:
Who is regretting Batshuayi? You nor see Martial use as example na person wey match winner wey cfc take lift epl trophy you chose...I know you're emotional but nor let Chelsea obsession cost your early death. Abeg we still need you around. Typical manure fan.

I am sorry if e pain you, but Batshauyi is a good example of the point I am trying to make. I can't use Martial because he is not the same with bats.
Martial has already scored 25 goals in less than 2 years,and he is a Left winger. while Batshauyi has 4 league goals(albeit against teams already in the beach), and he is a striker. Using Martial as my example is like saying Kontangora is an example of a state capital instead of Minna.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:20am On Jul 22, 2017
hensben:
Btw, Your club paid 75mil plus captain Rooney, all together 90mil pounds for a Chelsea reject.(Lukaku).

So Lukaku is now a Chelsea reject because he decided to snob you guys for Man Utd? What happened to the "Mourinho refused to give him chances" excuse?

Hensben you're a clown.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 10:20am On Jul 22, 2017
slimghost:

I don't understand what's so difficult to grab here. The reason most clubs hold out for large sums when it comes to Utd is because they know we have a neophyte handling our transfer business who would throws money around to get targets so he can please the UTD faithfuls.

You can twist it for all you like but most UTD fans know that our problem with inbound transfers is Ed. Go and read Mourinhos interview slowly again. Below is an excerpt :

Hmm mou is not convinced with lukaku buy. Lukaku was never in his target griezman and morata was.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 10:22am On Jul 22, 2017
slimghost:

players,
and you see the way Man City go to the

Hmm mou is aware he bought inexperienced player in Lukaku, a mid table striker and Chelsea reject
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 10:27am On Jul 22, 2017
slimghost:

He sucks at negotiation. Mourinho is practically begging him to sit up and get the player/s in to enable him work with them before season kicks off.

Someone gave you a list for 4 positions comprising of 4 different palyers/choices per position and you are finding it difficult to conclude? You are seriously asking what the duckhead is doing wrong? for real?.

How long did it take Chelsea to land Rudiger,Bakayoko and Morata?

I just don't want to spoil evening discussing that dullard please.
joeace2020:
It is so obvious what he is saying. The man is literally begging Ed Woodward to get him what he wants. You can't claim to be the richest club in the world and be foot dragging on transfers especially when we have a manager who unlike the flops we had in the past knows what he wants and needs the resources to get what he is targeting. Ed is an awful negotiator walai. David Gill would have wrapped up three transfers in one day before we even left for the tour.
Jose Mourinho was speaking like a politician, an attempt to ease pressure and stranglehold the selling clubs believe they have on Manchester United. you can't seriously be expecting this business to throw cash away for the sake of it. £40m for Nemanja Matic? excuse me but who's that!? I'm still at a loss why the club is even in for him (if rumors are to be believed).

there are bureaucracies involving very many principals in these negotiations which we as supporters will never know. citing how quickly Chelsea did business is merely having a laugh, the same people begging for an announcement of a signing few days ago, just any signing?
why is Alexis Sanchez still at Arsenal after even publicly stating his wish? where is Diego Costa? when is Kylian Mbappe arriving wherever? you cannot bully many clubs into doing business with you anymore, a phenomenon Real Madrid and Barcelona will soon come to terms with.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 10:28am On Jul 22, 2017
CapitalCee:

I am sorry if e pain you, but Batshauyi is a good example of the point I am trying to make. I can't use Martial because he is not the same with bats.
Martial has already scored 25 goals in less than 2 years,and he is a Left winger. while Batshauyi has 4 league goals(albeit against teams already in the beach), and he is a striker. Using Martial as my example is like saying Kontangora is an example of a state capital instead of Minna.
How much Martial cost and how much Batman? How many goals Martial scored last season? Btw, The batsman scored 33 goals already for marseille. The point is we are not regretting Batman as you claim in your post. we cfc are very happy to have him and so much believe in him. Martial fit your analogy not Batman
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 10:33am On Jul 22, 2017
hensben:

Well we signed Lukaku and so? He is not yet a flop, Is he? By the end of the season we will know. Moreover we are not creaming over his purchase, are we?
What is sure now is that a striker scored 4 goals a season against teams that are no longer interested. He is a flop for sure, hence my example
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 10:36am On Jul 22, 2017
CapitalCee:

Well we signed Lukaku and so? He is not yet a flop, Is he? By the end of the season we will know. Moreover we are not creaming over his purchase, are we?
What is sure now is that a striker scored 4 goals a season against teams that are no longer interested. He is a flop for sure, hence my example
He is not worth the money but seeing how desperate your club can be they can sign Chrisantus Macaulay for 50 mil pounds. How many goals Martial had last season. You nor fit answer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 10:38am On Jul 22, 2017
A concise analysis/evaluation of Ed's performance would only be possible at the close of the transfer window.

Let's wait till then biko.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 10:38am On Jul 22, 2017
ChristineC:

Jose Mourinho was speaking like a politician, an attempt to ease pressure and stranglehold the selling clubs believe they have on Manchester United. you can't seriously be expecting this business to throw cash away for the sake of it. £40m for Nemanja Matic? excuse me but who's that!? I'm still at a loss why the club is even in for him (if rumors are to be believed).

there are bureaucracies involving very many principals in these negotiations which we as supporters will never know. citing how quickly Chelsea did business is merely having a laugh, the same people begging for an announcement of a signing few days ago, just any signing?
why is Alexis Sanchez still at Arsenal after even publicly stating his wish? where is Diego Costa? when is Kylian Mbappe arriving wherever? you cannot bully many clubs into doing business with you anymore, a phenomenon Real Madrid and Barcelona will soon come to terms with.

My dear, You and I are not really in the know about what's happening behind the scenes as per our summer transfers but here is a quote of someone who is in the know:

market, and Liverpool and West ham"

Digest this and we can discuss further. Or maybe Liverpool,West ham, Chelsea and Shitty operating in a different market entirely?
As per Mbape, Monaco as at today is yet to receive an official offer for the dude. Clubs are still basically tapping him up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 10:40am On Jul 22, 2017
AdisaOwala:
A concise analysis/evaluation of Ed's performance would only be possible at the close of the transfer window.

Let's wait till then biko.

Sure we are waiting but I honestly pray he puts me to shame.
I have zero confidence in that guy as far as negotiation is concerned.
Just watch and see how much we will end up signing the Croatian Ikedia.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lordfalcao(m): 10:40am On Jul 22, 2017
CapitalCee:

naso.. Una don print jersey, dy anticipate the number he go wear

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 10:41am On Jul 22, 2017
slimghost:

My dear, You and I are not really in the know about what's happening behind the scenes as per our summer transfers but here is a quote of someone who is in the know:

market, and Liverpool and West ham"

Digest this and we can discuss further. Or maybe Liverpool,West ham, Chelsea and Shitty operating in a different market entirely?
As per Mbape, Monaco as at today is yet to receive an official offer for the dude. Clubs are still basically tapping him up.
is that the full interview granted on transfers so far or you are cropping out what suits your narrative?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lordfalcao(m): 10:43am On Jul 22, 2017
Man u fans will not tell us that batshuayi outscored Martial last season both in the league and total goals scored despite making appearance as late substitutes.. grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:46am On Jul 22, 2017
hensben:
And Conte wanted to involve the queen to help sign back Ukaku. Kotinu
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 10:47am On Jul 22, 2017
hensben:
How much Martial cost and how much Batman? How many goals Martial scored last season? Btw, The batsman scored 33 goals already for marseille. The point is we are not regretting Batman as you claim in your post. we cfc are very happy to have him and so much believe in him. Martial fit your analogy not Batman

Hen's brain let me enlighten you I have little time now.
Bats scoring 33 goals in France is non of my business, 36 year old Ibra scored 50.
Martial cost 35.8m pounds plus 7.5m after he scored 25goal. Any other money a maximum of 15m is if he wins ballon dor. 43.3m

Bats cost 33m .
43.3-33= 10.3m,

Martial - 25 goals in 2 seasons position Left winger.
Bats 4-5goals against teams already in the beach. If you have sense you should know the difference.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 10:48am On Jul 22, 2017
slimghost:

Sure we are waiting but I honestly pray he puts me to shame.
I have zero confidence in that guy as far as negotiation is concerned.
Just watch and see how much we will end up signing the Croatian Ikedia.

Ohkay let me ask you :

What exactly did you expect him to have done & what would you rather have him do (before the close of the window)?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 10:49am On Jul 22, 2017
lordfalcao:
Man u fans will not tell us that batshuayi outscored Martial last season both in the league and total goals scored despite making appearance as late substitutes.. grin grin

Clap for him, a striker outscoring a midfielder

(1) (2) (3) ... (4281) (4282) (4283) (4284) (4285) (4286) (4287) ... (14117) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.