Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,930 members, 7,806,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4594) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8656676 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4591) (4592) (4593) (4594) (4595) (4596) (4597) ... (14137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:54am On Oct 15, 2017
afrodoc2:

hehehe. Everybody wan prove say na dem loyal pass.
The thing tire me I swear...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:55am On Oct 15, 2017
diggz:

It wasn't directed at you bro, I definitely don't think so. He only wants miki to be benched bcuz he has been serving you guys rubbish. Same way some of us wants willian to be benched for playing rubbish.

This is how to address a gentleman like a gentleman, egbon Digzz grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:55am On Oct 15, 2017
diggz:

It wasn't directed at you bro, I definitely don't think so. He only wants miki to be benched bcuz he has been serving you guys rubbish. Same way some of us wants willian to be benched for playing rubbish.

Exactly. Mikki is useless in a bus parking scheme like the one we used ysterday. JM should have gone with 3 CM and 2 pacy guys to flank Lukaku, that way we would have viable avenues for counter attacks.

Nobody is against the OCCASIONAL defensive scheme, the problem is when you do it to such an extreme that we have no avenue to hit counter attacks and our attack looks toothless AND when you do it almost every time we face a good team. Bus parking can't be the only way to get 1 point away from home against good teams.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 10:56am On Oct 15, 2017
patrickmuf:
People are saying Fergie parked the bus against big teams but Fergie didn't have a squad worth in excess of 500m pounds...
Lol. Thank you o.
Tho i really try to not bring up how much we've spent in arguments, coz it can be irrelevant at times.

SAF didnt spend up to 500m but he still had the best teams in the league for so many years. And he only setup his teams to defend when the situation demanded it.

But for Mourinho, u can always expect him to defend in 90% of the big games and even against sub-par opponents despite all the money he spends
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 10:57am On Oct 15, 2017
obainojazz:
Fulord, I think you have a whatsapp message.

Na u Sabi o.....I no call person name.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:00am On Oct 15, 2017
adisaaowala:
E no good to dey use falsehood to support arguments.... sad

CapitalCee, please show us the evidence that Fergie parked the bus vs teams like (and worse than) Everton, Southampton, Sunderland etc

Look at these ones. Go and bring out the match statistics of Lille vs Man United in 2005/2006 group stage.
Man United vs Southampton 30 Jan 2013,
Everton vs Man United 2013 Season.
Check Burnley vs Man United 2009/2010 Season. I am just saying this off heart. If you just don't have any thing to say go and sit down
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 11:00am On Oct 15, 2017
afrodoc:

Exactly. Mikki is useless in a bus parking scheme like the one we used ysterday. JM should have gone with 3 CM and 2 pacy guys to flank Lukaku, that way we would have viable avenues for counter attacks.

Nobody is against the OCCASIONAL defensive scheme, the problem is when you do it to such an extreme that we have no avenue to hit counter attacks and our attack looks toothless AND when you do it almost every time we face a good team. Bus parking can't be the only way to get 1 point away from home against good teams.

Cc leyqute

Leyqute:

This is how to address a gentleman like a gentleman, egbon Digzz grin

Alabosi sombori grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:01am On Oct 15, 2017
patrickmuf:
Hehehe and he disappears like the fart of a leprous witch...1304 BC, Coogar of blessed memory...
.get out who disappeared . I don't like insulting man United fans ooo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:02am On Oct 15, 2017
adisaaowala your guy never give us evidence of the times fergie parked the bus against teams worse than everton and sunderland?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:02am On Oct 15, 2017
afrodoc2:

hehehe. Everybody wan prove say na dem loyal pass.

You too doc? SMH
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adisaaowala: 11:03am On Oct 15, 2017
I think the major problem here is that some folks don't get the difference between Outright bus-parking & a tactically cautious approach to a game.

There is a thin line between both though...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:08am On Oct 15, 2017
CapitalCee:

.get out who disappeared . I don't like insulting man United fans ooo
grin grin grin Lol no be everything be fight, just laugh and pass...Yesterday's game and performance is behind us, Benfica is next...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:09am On Oct 15, 2017
CapitalCee:
Look at these ones. Go and bring out the match statistics of Lille vs Man United in 2005/2006 group stage.
Man United vs Southampton 30 Jan 2013,
Everton vs Man United 2013 Season.
Check Burnley vs Man United 2009/2010 Season. I am just saying this off heart. If you just don't have any thing to say go and sit down

Burnley vs United 2009/2010 season. These are the stats.

Possession Burnley 37 % Man Utd 63 %

Attempts on target Burnely 2 Man Utd 9

Corners Burnley 1 Man Utd 13

You saw this and said Fegie parked the bus? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:10am On Oct 15, 2017
afrodoc2:

Where will the 3CM come from? It's like you guys were forgetting that we had no other establish CM on the bench. The others were out injured.

Away matches are always dicey and you have to be pragmatic in your approach. I have no problem with Mou parking the bus away from home to gain a point as long as he doesn't do that at OT.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:11am On Oct 15, 2017
Lana1:
Lol. Thank you o.
Tho i really try to not bring up how much we've spent in arguments, coz it can be irrelevant at times.

SAF didnt spend up to 500m but he still had the best teams in the league for so many years. And he only setup his teams to defend when the situation demanded it.

But for Mourinho, u can always expect him to defend in 90% of the big games and even against sub-par opponents despite all the money he spends
Add to that, SAF did it with some many average joes...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 11:13am On Oct 15, 2017
you guys are suppose to know by now (thru d antecedents of Jose) how he works. the man believes he has a strategy to win on d long run. he approaches matches accordingly.
the last time Jose won d league with Chelsea, he had 7wins and 2draws in the first 9 games. guess the draws......at home mancity and manutd respectively. i think it was in the united game that he went as far as using hazard as the top striker and I remember ppl saying he was too defensive in his approach. but he took his 1point and moved on.
against mancity manutd Liverpool and arsenal, it was only Liverpool he managed to beat away. the rest were draws. but did that stop him from winning the league? no. this man has a tried and tested format to getting his job done and if u want him to succeed u just have to let him do it his own way.
he was told to bring manutd back to UCL, he did it whether he parked a trailer or a train ( d end justifies the means) am less concerned.
as far as I know, he is on track. he knows his job and he is always bent on delivering with his own strategy. whether u his employer like his strategies or not is ur own palaver but if u tell him what u need, he tries to get it for u his own way.
shikena!

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:14am On Oct 15, 2017
adisaaowala:
I think the major problem here is that some folks don't get the difference between Outright bus-parking & a tactically cautious approach to a game.

Considering the players available to Mou yesterday, what do you expect Mou to do, or rather which approach do you want Mou to employ.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adisaaowala: 11:16am On Oct 15, 2017
CapitalCee:

Check Burnley vs Man United 2009/2010 Season.

BURNLEY
MAN UTD
Possession
Burnley
37%
Man Utd
63%
Attempts on target
Burnley
Man Utd
Attempts off target
Burnley
Man Utd
Corners
Burnley
Man Utd
Fouls
Burnley
Man Utd

http://googleweblight.com/i?u=http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/8202360.stm&grqid=YwWxk4gh&hl=en-NG

Your lies will be exposed one by one today
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:16am On Oct 15, 2017
afrodoc2:

Since we lost the game, he automatically thinks we packed the bus...And for someone that is so keen on talking about historical antecedents, he should know that Burnley is our boogie team...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:17am On Oct 15, 2017
larride:

Considering the players available to Mou yesterday, what do you expect Mou to do, or rather which approach do you want Mou to employ.

Play a forward trio of Martia, Lukaku and Rashford?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 11:18am On Oct 15, 2017
adisaaowala:

even the person parking the bus is actually trying to be cautious noni. so? parking d bus is being extremely cautious cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:18am On Oct 15, 2017
adisaaowala:

I understand what you mean but the way some people make it as if mourinho parks bus 38 games a season is totally unfair to reality. How many games have mourinho parked bus since he came to United, most of the games we called bus parking, is just that we are very cautious which Fergie also does.

Our match in 1 Oct 2011 versus Norwich, Fergie saw that we are missing some players, he set up to hit them on counter at Home, they dominated the game, we hit them with just 2 shots on target. So let's stop this hypocrisy.

Below is our match in 2012 that Fergie required a draw versus man city.

What is the difference between that and the Liverpool game

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:20am On Oct 15, 2017
adisaaowala:

BURNLEY
MAN UTD
Possession
Burnley
37%
Man Utd
63%
Attempts on target
Burnley
Man Utd
Attempts off target
Burnley
Man Utd
Corners
Burnley
Man Utd
Fouls
Burnley
Man Utd

http://googleweblight.com/i?u=http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/8202360.stm&grqid=YwWxk4gh&hl=en-NG

Check the others, like I said, I said this off heart

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:22am On Oct 15, 2017
larride:

My opinion, the personnel was best suited for 3- 5 -2, De Gea - smalling - jones - darmian (3) - val - Herrera - Matic - Young with Miki in front (5) - Martial - Lukaku...
Young was poor on the right and Mou didn't notice it...I'd have preferred to see Miki taken off for Mata and Rashford replacing Young just to give a chance on the counter...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:22am On Oct 15, 2017
adisaaowala:

BURNLEY
MAN UTD
Possession
Burnley
37%
Man Utd
63%
Attempts on target
Burnley
Man Utd
Attempts off target
Burnley
Man Utd
Corners
Burnley
Man Utd
Fouls
Burnley
Man Utd

I am trying my best to avoid going this road with you but you are doing the opposite. Be careful
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:26am On Oct 15, 2017
afrodoc2:

Check the other matches. I. Posted it off heart
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 11:26am On Oct 15, 2017
Leyqute:

if it was a cup final, nothing bad in going gung ho but dis is d league. its all about points its not about winning a particular game at all cost. its not as if yesterdays game is d last match that decides who wins d league.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:26am On Oct 15, 2017
SAF did this, SAF did that, he did it with average Joe, he didn't spend much bla bla bla. Who are the managers that SAF had to contend with? Mou came to the league and won it back to back with SAF still there, Even Wenger had his share of league win titles, Mark fĂșcking hughes once coached City, Ancelotti came to the league and won it while SAF was there, even Mancini. Using different era to compare just to gain some useless cheap point.

Compare the competitiveness during SAF reign to this era.
Liverpool under Benitez, Kenny Daglish, Rodgers and Co
Tottenham under Harry and co

Compare then to now, Chelsea has Conte, City has Pep, Tot has Poch, Liverpool has Kloop, all top coaches in their own right. Even teams like Southampton has coach like Puel, Newcastle has Benitez, Watford has Silva who could be considered good coaches in their own rights also. You can't deny that the competitiveness of the EPL has increased tremendously.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:27am On Oct 15, 2017
Everton vs Man Utd 2013

Possession Everton 48% Man Utd 52%

Shots Everton 15 Man Utd 18

On target Everton 4 Man Utd 6

Corners Everton 4 Man Utd 7

You saw this and said Fergie parked the bus? cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:29am On Oct 15, 2017
CapitalCee:

Check the other matches. I. Posted it off heart

You were wrong about Burnley and wrong about Everton, the only 2 i have bothered to check. Who will reimburse me for the lost MB i am using to successfully prove that you got your facts wrong? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:29am On Oct 15, 2017
patrickmuf:
grin grin grin Lol no be everything be fight, just laugh and pass...Yesterday's game and performance is behind us, Benfica is next...

I am not fighting with you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:29am On Oct 15, 2017
Leyqute:

The game was won in the midfield. How will Martial, Lukaku and Rashford didn't get to see anything because we didn't have a midfield.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4591) (4592) (4593) (4594) (4595) (4596) (4597) ... (14137) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Ellexy and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.