Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4805) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8658161 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4802) (4803) (4804) (4805) (4806) (4807) (4808) ... (14137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 12:46am On Dec 03, 2017
elampiro:

He had one or two chances to score a typical striker goal. But he reacted poorly like he were a defensive midfielder who find himself in a scoring position. His hold up play was also none existence. I doubt if he won any long ball from our defence. Yet he is tall and powerful.

It irritates me when people try to defend Lukaku. let's call a spade a spade, dude has been awful for sometime now.
1. He misses simple chances for fun
2. Finds it difficult to win headers from longball
3. His holdup play almost gives me glaucoma.
4. His movement reminds me of a car with an injector problem.

I think it's high time we started Ibra in his stead.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 12:52am On Dec 03, 2017
Leyqute:

He's going to get better and resume banginf in goals

He can only get better when the manager starts telling him the truth and not this mindless defense.
He is gradually going from a lethal finisher to a 'contributor'.
The nonsense we hear after every match now is...
1. Yes he didn't score but he helped the team.
2. His determination and workrate were top-notch.

Bullshit! We bought this dude to put the ball in the net and he has done an awful job so far.
Someone fvcking needs to tell him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 1:50am On Dec 03, 2017
slimghost:

He can only get better when the manager starts telling him the truth and not this mindless defense.
He is gradually going from a lethal finisher to a 'contributor'.
The nonsense we hear after every match now is...
1. Yes he didn't score but he helped the team.
2. His determination and workrate were top-notch.

Bullshit! We bought this dude to put the ball in the net and he has done an awful job so far.
Someone fvcking needs to tell him.
striker no dey get goal drought ?
guy,relaxes,the goal dey come.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dantedasz(m): 4:11am On Dec 03, 2017
All strikers go through a lean spell. Lukaku will come good in the end and like I said during the week,he is due for a hat trick very soon.
Those criticizing him should consider the fact that Jose has got other players contributing goals from every part of the team,so if Lukaku does not score,other players can weigh in with their goals.
I would rather concentrate on the Laurent Koscielny last man issue. He was the last man,he brought Lukaku down and denied him a clear goal scoring chance. He should have seen red.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:24am On Dec 03, 2017
"And I don't want to forget my congratulations to both medical departments," Mourinho remembered. "My medical department managed to recover [Nemanja] Matic from a maybe to a yes but Arsenal medical department managed to recover a player from a no to a complete 90 minutes".

"Amazing, I congratulate them all. "

Jose Mourinho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:57am On Dec 03, 2017
elampiro:

He had one or two chances to score a typical striker goal. But he reacted poorly like he were a defensive midfielder who find himself in a scoring position. His hold up play was also none existence. I doubt if he won any long ball from our defence. Yet he is tall and powerful.
He played too far from goal for majority of the match. His manager contributed to that. The second goal he had a hand in it. And the third goal he was the one that dropped the ball for Lingard. Check where he was when he dropped that ball or pushed Kos to collect that yellow. Just tell me which striker will do well in this condition. Go and watch the replay to clear that your doubt about him winning any long ball. Lingard played further than him because of his speed which is due to Mourinho's tactical plan. Strikers lose chances every match but those that do well, do well because they get multiple chances to score. How many chances did Hazard or Morata get yesterday that they we're able to score just one aside penalty? Lukaku own is like this because he gets one or two chances in the match and you expect him to score them. Let us have an attacking coach or one that loves to play with the ball before we can talk about the striker.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:05am On Dec 03, 2017
slimghost:

It irritates me when people try to defend Lukaku. let's call a spade a spade, dude has been awful for sometime now.

I also hope we start Ibra too so you doubts are cleared and then we can now move on to talking about a manager that loves to play with the ball and not without it
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 6:36am On Dec 03, 2017
SIRcumalot:

striker no dey get goal drought ?
guy,relaxes,the goal dey come.

Good. let's accept he is going through a drought and not disturb ourselves with that 'contribution' nonsense.
Like I wrote before, even his general overall play ain't that fantastic. He needs to be told some truth, that's how people improve.
Keep on shielding him from the truth and he will feel he had been doing very ok.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 6:46am On Dec 03, 2017
Someone just wrote that Lukaku has not been getting chances. Lol. That person obviously is not being honest with himself.
Lukaku has been missing easy chances game in game out. Chances even an academy player will convert.
I have no problem with him having a goal drought but he the truth must be told about his performance.
He must be told his holdup play is horrible.
He must be told his first touch is below par.
He must be told his finishing is becoming erratic.
He must be told his off the ball movement lacks intelligence.

This was how we continued shielding Mhki untill dude almost lost it.
Lukaku MUST improve greatly to contribute to our success this season.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:00am On Dec 03, 2017
Vanquay:

We have a young squad and with the right manager we can build something special for years to come I don't want old fvcks like Sanchez
And Ozil coming in...Goretza is a great buy.
You have a point but with the pressure and expectation from the management and fans, it's difficult to see a manager building for the future when your performance, good or average can lead to your early sack...Ozil and Sanchez might be short term fit but they'd raise the standard of any team and trust me, you don't want that team to be City/Chelsea/Pool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:01am On Dec 03, 2017
sinizia:

It's sad, really, the mentality of "you against us" they creeps out at every good performance of a player that was justly criticised or that of Mourinho's criticism.

So because Pogba was bought for 89m no-one should criticise him when he's churning out annoying performances last season? SAF our legendary coach has been criticised many times, heaven did not fall, but Pogba is untouchable.

Maybe we're wrong to criticise him, how about other football pundits worldwide that rightly criticised him when he's not playing well? Are they NL members? Even Scholes?

Last season we praised Hererra, this season he's not up to his best and we've criticised him. What's the difference between him and Pogba? Other players can be criticised, but Pogba can't coz he's worth 89m. I don't regret any of my criticism of Pogba last season. I criticised him and praised him as at when due.

P.S: Pogba's technique for trying assist for Lingard was not "world-class", good technique to physically bulldoze off Koscieny, but not world class. Make we stop with the hype, mbok. Martial's assist was more "filthy" than his.
Spot on...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 7:20am On Dec 03, 2017
When de Gea started his United career, it's filled with errors. He's so bad fans butchered him with their criticisms. At a point Ferguson was pressured to drop his erratic azz.

Years later, we the fans that cricised him rightly in the past, have been singing his praise to high heavens. Wishing he doesn't leave to Madrid. The much maligned DDG is suddenly the best player we've got. Maybe shame should fall on us. Maybe we'd be labelled hypocrites. I don't see the few United fans that didn't bash DDG coming out to start this "you against us" silly talks.

Rooney, Giggs, Keane and so many legends that have done much for United have faced criticisms in the past, but no, Pogba the demi-god from France has never done any wrong. We'd all grovel at his feet for criticising him. Yeye dey smell!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 7:25am On Dec 03, 2017
grin cheesy grin cheesy. what is it with this group self,even when we win,they must find something to argue,I can bet my left balls that even if we win the epl and ucl,that there wud still b talk like y didn't Valencia lift d trophy well,or y wasn't degea laughing enough..
comon guys let's just enjoy the win and move on to d next game..

10 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:09am On Dec 03, 2017
dubylhover:
grin cheesy grin cheesy. what is it with this group self,even when we win,they must find something to argue,I can bet my left balls that even if we win the epl and ucl,that there wud still b talk like y didn't Valencia lift d trophy well,or y wasn't degea laughing enough..
comon guys let's just enjoy the win and move on to d next game..
I don't see any argument here, do you want this place as boring as that Arsenal thread? Though I agree sometimes the subject matter can be annoying but other times, it is interesting reading from others.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 8:19am On Dec 03, 2017
Can you sadistic nutheads not find one irrelevant thing about last match to argue about? The discussion in every forum is how does United win against the best team in the league in City. It's only here Mofugs still worry about a match that's long been played, forgotten and was expect to be won. How do we play City without Pogba? Stop arguing rubbish!

As for me, i am not a football purist or a poet like many fans. Waiting for Mourinho to suddenly develop the balls to play Tiki Taka football, moreso when there is no Pogba. Fellaini is the only person perfect for this match if he is fit.. no one else. We might need Ibrahimovic up in 10 earlier this time with him as well. Against Arsenal, i noticed any ball De Gea tried to send to Lukaku just kept falling to Arsenal players and they attacked relentlessly. It's become obvious if we need to play teams good on the ground with ball, then we take to it to the air and let the tall men bring the ball down and relieve the pressure that the defense will surely face. There's no crime in playing the Pulis way. Pep and Klopp hate it because it denies them possession for a brief period and renders their short, smallish players powerless and gives united's tall giants advantage when the ball drops. If we go this route, it should end in a score line United fans cannot believe.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:23am On Dec 03, 2017
annie74:

I wonder o! I feel United should appeal.. Pogba is important. We need him to play against our noisy neighbours

grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 8:31am On Dec 03, 2017
Yesterdays match brought memories of intermilan 3- 1 Barcelona in 2010 Author... Jose d tactician

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:33am On Dec 03, 2017
grin

Too much Oliver Twist on this Thread.....LOL! Lukaku should be dropped on the Bench because he's not scoring?! His holdup Play is awful....?!

Ibrahimovic should be played because he's Tall, good in the Air, and his Holdup Play is a top notch......?! LOL!

Happy Sunday!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Griffon(m): 8:37am On Dec 03, 2017
Park-da-bus FC.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:41am On Dec 03, 2017
joeace2020:
Can you sadistic nutheads not find one irrelevant thing about last match to argue about? The discussion in every forum is how does United win against the best team in the league in City. It's only here Mofugs still worry about a match that's long been played, forgotten and was expect to be won. How do we play City without Pogba? Stop arguing rubbish!

As for me, i am not a football purist or a poet like many fans. Waiting for Mourinho to suddenly develop the balls to play Tiki Taka football, moreso when there is no Pogba. Fellaini is the only person perfect for this match if he is fit.. no one else. We might need Ibrahimovic up in 10 earlier this time with him as well. Against Arsenal, i noticed any ball De Gea tried to send to Lukaku just kept falling to Arsenal players and they attacked relentlessly. It's become obvious if we need to play teams good on the ground with ball, then we take to it to the air and let the tall men bring the ball down and relieve the pressure that the defense will surely face. There's no crime in playing the Pulis way. Pep and Klopp hate it because it denies them possession for a brief period and renders their short, smallish players powerless and gives united's tall giants advantage when the ball drops. If we go this route, it should end in a score line United fans cannot believe.
Bros, Ibra is still not match fit, we need a lot of willing runners against City, I'd play a midfield 3 of Matic - Herrera as the pivot with Fellaini (if fit) in front of them with a bit of license to join Lukaku up top especially for the out balls cos we will be playing a lot of balls over the midfield...Front 3 should remain unchanged, Martial - Lukaku and Lingard...A flat back 4 should do...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by enemyofprogress: 8:42am On Dec 03, 2017
slimghost:

I totally agree with you that lukaku should be benched for some weeks for him to rediscover his brain
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 9:12am On Dec 03, 2017
slimghost:
Someone just wrote that Lukaku has not been getting chances. Lol. That person obviously is not being honest with himself.
Lukaku has been missing easy chances game in game out. Chances even an academy player will convert.
I have no problem with him having a goal drought but he the truth must be told about his performance.
He must be told his holdup play is horrible.
He must be told his first touch is below par.
He must be told his finishing is becoming erratic.
He must be told his off the ball movement lacks intelligence.

This was how we continued shielding Mhki untill dude almost lost it.
Lukaku MUST improve greatly to contribute to our success this season.
He is very poor at the emboldened.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 9:20am On Dec 03, 2017
sinizia:

It's sad, really, the mentality of "you against us" they creeps out at every good performance of a player that was justly criticised or that of Mourinho's criticism.

So because Pogba was bought for 89m no-one should criticise him when he's churning out annoying performances last season? SAF our legendary coach has been criticised many times, heaven did not fall, but Pogba is untouchable.

Maybe we're wrong to criticise him, how about other football pundits worldwide that rightly criticised him when he's not playing well? Are they NL members? Even Scholes?

Last season we praised Hererra, this season he's not up to his best and we've criticised him. What's the difference between him and Pogba? Other players can be criticised, but Pogba can't coz he's worth 89m. I don't regret any of my criticism of Pogba last season. I criticised him and praised him as at when due.

P.S: Pogba's technique for the assist for Lingard was not "world-class", good technique to physically bulldoze off Koscieny, but not world class. Make we stop with the hype, mbok. Martial's assist was more "filthy" than his.

Oooooooooooh.......today na Sunday I bin wan send some bottles of anything wey you dey drink Ur way........too much sense in ur post bros.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:21am On Dec 03, 2017
Griffon:
Park-da-bus FC.

You still haven't told us the second best team in the league as at today sir
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 9:23am On Dec 03, 2017
slimghost:

Good. let's accept he is going through a drought and not disturb ourselves with that 'contribution' nonsense.
Like I wrote before, even his general overall play ain't that fantastic. He needs to be told some truth, that's how people improve.
Keep on shielding him from the truth and he will feel he had been doing very ok.
I wish say I sabi Ukaku well enough to shield him for criticism.
The contribution no be nonsense he was pivotal to that second goal and he tried to create some goal scoring opportunities. The goals will come.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:23am On Dec 03, 2017
enemyofprogress:
I totally agree with you that lukaku should be benched for some weeks for him to rediscover his brain

Na wa o. Lukaku should be benched "to rediscover " his brain.

It's a pity some of y'all aren't realistic one bit. Who should replace Lukaku then?

This same guy had an average of a goal every game forhis first 10 matches at Utd. Now that he's helping the team he suddenly needs to rediscover his brain.

Strikers go on drought spells every time. What's horrible will be if he doesn't contribute to goals. Lukaku has created chances and had assists in these games he hasn't scored. It's harsh throwing him under the bus because he hasn't been the man to put the ball in the back of the net. I admit he hasn't been 100% but it's not as bad as you envisage and express it.

He's just had more responsibilities on the pitch than he's used to.

Yesterday he at times lost focus and couldve gone that extra metre by putting in just a little more effort but he in some way compensated for it by showing strength and confidence at other times. It's too early for this censure. We'll have easier games and his responsibility will be to put the ball in the back of the net and he'll do just that.

SMH
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:24am On Dec 03, 2017
Griffon:
Park-da-bus FC.

move-da-jet FC how many goals you don score?
gbenu e da ke

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:26am On Dec 03, 2017
I expect Mou to rest Lukaku for the midweek UCL game while Ibra starts. Any other player who is expected to feature prominently next weekend should also not be stressed on Tuesday/Wednesday. The others should play the whole 200 minutes.

Against city Mou will prolly deploy Rash, Lukaku and Mkhi as front 3. He likes throwing in surprises against big teams.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:29am On Dec 03, 2017
SIRcumalot:

I wish say I sabi Ukaku well enough to shield him for criticism.
The contribution no be nonsense he was pivotal to that second goal and he tried to create some goal scoring opportunities. The goals will come.

Amen o. Lukaku isn't the finished article yet, and thank God he knows this. He needs to improve on his off the ball movement as well as his finishing. No be everything be shot. A little placement or chip goes a long way most times.

But thr only way he can improve is if he continues playing and there's someone on his neck telling him his little mistakes and how to improve on them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dantedasz(m): 9:33am On Dec 03, 2017
Leyqute:

Na wa o. Lukaku should be benched "to rediscover " his brain.

It's a pity some of y'all aren't realistic one bit. Who should replace Lukaku then?

This same guy had an average of a goal every game forhis first 10 matches at Utd. Now that he's helping the team he suddenly needs to rediscover his brain.

Strikers go on drought spells every time. What's horrible will be if he doesn't contribute to goals. Lukaku has created chances and had assists in these games he hasn't scored. It's harsh throwing him under the bus because he hasn't been the man to put the ball in the back of the net. I admit he hasn't been 100% but it's not as bad as you envisage and express it.

He's just had more responsibilities on the pitch than he's used to.

Yesterday he at times lost focus and couldve gone that extra metre by putting in just a little more effort but he in some way compensated for it by showing strength and confidence at other times. It's too early for this censure. We'll have easier games and his responsibility will be to put the ball in the back of the net and he'll do just that.

SMH

They will always look for a scapegoat to criticize. Once Lukaku starts scoring again they will pick on someone /something else. A few weeks ago it was Lindelof and before that Lingard and before that Young and before that Felliaini......the list goes on and on. Some just dey form Sky sports analyst .
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:45am On Dec 03, 2017
elampiro:
Can you tell us anyone person you know that ever mocked the purchase of Pogba?

This is the problem. A player playing poorly and being blamed doesn't amount to say "why was he bought".

One well crafted Assist, now una don start "you against us".
Nobody's got time for back & forth.
It may surprise you that the chances Pogba created by this time last season is very similar in number to what he has created right now, difference being the conversion rate has gone up exponentially.
Where are the lashes for Lindelof now?
Smalling & Rojo were very nervous yesterday but still managed to see out the game. Matic didn't really do his screening job yesterday perhaps due to fitness.

Criticism should be mixed with common sense. There is a mighty gulf when a player is blasted for poor performances because of recent form & a player always blasted when he's trying to settle into a new setting even when everybody can see the effort put in. Some people just run mouth without understanding what they're even arguing about.

The message is clear enough to the blind: GIVE NEW PLAYERS A CHANCE TO FAIL.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:55am On Dec 03, 2017
"I just know Paul is frustrated and a bit disappointed with his colleague [Laurent] Koscielny for his reaction.

"But Paul was very frustrated. Everybody knows he is a clean player and it was not his intention, not at all, to be close to a red card. I've not seen a TV replay so I don't know."

- JOSE MOURINHO

(1) (2) (3) ... (4802) (4803) (4804) (4805) (4806) (4807) (4808) ... (14137) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.