Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8663152 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (14139) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:11pm On May 22, 2012
StarBoard:
Like I'm supposed to believe that.
So Anderson needs a partner to be effective.
New info.

of course....messi needs xavi and iniesta
to be effective. rooney need valencia and nani
to be effective.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mbulela: 3:44pm On May 22, 2012
coogar:

of course....messi needs xavi and iniesta
to be effective. rooney need valencia and nani
to be effective.
you will make a very good lawyer.
Keep trying,one day you will convince me that black is white.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 6:53pm On May 22, 2012
mbulela:
you and this your Anderson logic.
you no dey tire?
that boy is not it. Is he your religion?

Everybody on this forum has a particular player/s they like. Coogar own is Ando, Ruudie is Berba e.t.c. Starboard has the most balanced approach as he will tear apart any player who messes up, with out hesitation or sympathy. grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:48pm On May 22, 2012
montelik:
Everybody on this forum has a particular player/s they like. Coogar own is Ando, Ruudie is Berba e.t.c. Starboard has the most balanced approach as he will tear apart any player who messes up, with out hesitation or sympathy. grin

it's a lie....starboard has a man-crush for wayne rooney!

montelik:

saddens me people don't see what anderson brings to the team. he's one of the
few players we have that can run with the ball with pace, balance and guile!
when ando and cleverley were in their pomp.....they murdered midfielders for fun.
united were scoring goals like it's out of fashion then clev got injured....and ando
was paired with carrick, fletcher, jones....players who are too immobile and can't
really do one touch passing and anderson's artistry suffered asthma!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 8:05pm On May 22, 2012
most people will agree dt ando has all those qualities u mentioned though he is a bit too one sided for a central midfielder.the major problem is dt he is injured half d time and d other half he is recovering from injury .....meaning he is rarely ever fully fit.dts d crux of d matter,having a player on d sidelines who COULD help our championship challenge but rarely IS
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 8:24pm On May 22, 2012
montelik:

Actually coogar is a manwhore, Ando, Bebe, manucho, macheda, Carrick all run trains on him grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 9:34pm On May 22, 2012
We have had this Ando discussion countless times. Fact is for all his talent. He is too inconsistent, fitness and performance wise. At a team like United it is a ridiculous excuse to say a player can't be effective unless he is partnered by a specific player and the team plays strictly to cater to him, particularly a central midfielder.

Even Veron who was brought in £30 mill was expected to adapt, instead of expecting the team to bend over backwards just for him. Much less a less talented and accomplished Ando. All our main central midfielders in last 2 decades have had adaptability and versatility. If Ando can't show some of that even beyond his fitness and inconsistency issues, the best he can hope for is fringe role. Before eventually being let go.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:38pm On May 22, 2012
montelik: We have had this Ando discussion countless times. Fact is for all his talent. He is too inconsistent, fitness and performance wise. At a team like United it is a ridiculous excuse to say a player can't be effective unless he is partnered by a specific player and the team plays strictly to cater to him, particularly a central midfielder.

Even Veron who was brought in £30 mill was expected to adapt, instead of expecting the team to bend over backwards just for him. Much less a less talented and accomplished Ando. All our main central midfielders in last 2 decades have had adaptability and versatility. If Ando can't show some of that even beyond his fitness and inconsistency issues, the best he can hope for is fringe role. Before eventually being let go.

are you saying anderson has no talent or his performance
has been hampered by his injuries and fitness?

cos if we are talking talents, he's the most talented young
midfielder we have got...this was a player playing as a number 10
before we converted him to a central midfielder....he learnt
the ropes and whenever he's flanked with fletcher/carrick...united
bossed games.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 10:18pm On May 22, 2012
he said "for all his talent",which means he thinks he is talented.d issue is nt anderson's talent which some matches hav shown he has in abundance.d issue is his consistency (or lack of it) which can be linked to his fitness problems.he is slowly turning into an owen hargreaves who has lots of talent but doesnt stay fit enough to show it.at a club like united a player like anderson should b able to contribute to d team for a MAJORITY of d season YEAR IN YEAR OUT.i think its tym we cut our losses and get some new quality replacements with a better fitness record.if he stays next season its still ok,but we shouldnt xpect him to b a major contributor.there have to b other young,quality options so dt if ando performs it will b a bonus
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 10:50pm On May 22, 2012
Honestly I have "Ando excuses fatigue". He is looking more and more like another Diego Forlan. A good player who will go on to do well elsewhere, but just doesn't fit United and may need to move on to eventually show his full worth. 5 years and we are yet to have any sort of certainty as to his contribution, strengths e.t.c. We are still talking about potential 5 years down the line. Nani came in with him, we have a picture of what he is. Smalling came just 2 years ago we know what to expect from him. Hernandez, the list goes on. Yet Anderson is still a big ?.

Even if we keep him, there is no reason to be considering him a key component, until he actually shows it tangibly by winning a place in starting lineup and performing consistently over a sustained period. No more talk of talent and potential, its end product from now on, if he stays in my book.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:33am On May 23, 2012
coogar:

it's a lie....starboard has a man-crush for Wayne Rooney !
You tell me.
Didn't know I did.
coogar:
saddens me people don't see what anderson brings to the team. he's one of the
few players we have that can run with the ball with pace, balance and guile!
when ando and cleverley were in their pomp.....they murdered midfielders for fun.
united were scoring goals like it's out of fashion then clev got injured....and ando
was paired with carrick, fletcher, jones....players who are too immobile and can't
really do one touch passing and anderson's artistry suffered asthma!
A player like Anderson is a definite liability.
What use is a player, no matter how talented he is, if he is rarely fit or cannot adapt to the system to accommodate all types of players?
Like someone says,weve seen this before with Hargreaves.
Let's not go into this argument again.Anderson talk sounds like we're continuously driving on a round-about.
For me, he hasn't done enough.As simple as that. I don't recall a certain Zidane complaining about the type of midfielders he played with at club and country yet he might be the greatest of his generation.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mbulela: 8:46am On May 23, 2012
coogar:

are you saying anderson has no talent or his performance
has been hampered by his injuries and fitness?

cos if we are talking talents, he's the most talented young
midfielder we have got
...this was a player playing as a number 10
before we converted him to a central midfielder....he learnt
the ropes and whenever he's flanked with fletcher/carrick...united
bossed games.
how many young midfielders do we have?
for all the talent of Anderson (and i have slight doubts he is as talented as you and a few others claim) i doubt he has had up to 15 good games in a united jersey. after almost 5 years,why we still keep talking about him in such terms baffles me.
Sir Alex will be an ediot to make a plan around that guy. he must be nothing more than a squad player. Hope he plays up to a dozen games next season and flog him off to anyone who is willing to pay anything above 7 million pounds.
That midfield needs rebuilding and Anderson is not an integral part of that rebuilding exercise.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:06am On May 23, 2012
mbulela:
how many young midfielders do we have?
for all the talent of Anderson (and i have slight doubts he is as talented as you and a few others claim) i doubt he has had up to 15 good games in a united jersey. after almost 5 years,why we still keep talking about him in such terms baffles me.
Sir Alex will be an ediot to make a plan around that guy. he must be nothing more than a squad player. Hope he plays up to a dozen games next season and flog him off to anyone who is willing to pay anything above 7 million pounds.
That midfield needs rebuilding and Anderson is not an integral part of that rebuilding exercise
Word.
Let's look for other alternatives abeg.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 10:08pm On May 23, 2012
Seems Pogba is doing to us what he did to Le Havre. Juventus be warned.

*singing what goes around, comes all the way back around*
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:13pm On May 23, 2012
montelik: Seems Pogba is doing to us what he did to Le Havre. Juventus be warned.

*singing what goes around, comes all the way back around*

pogba can feck off to where the sun don't shine.....united should cut their losses
and sign gems that are ready to prove their worth.

StarBoard:
A player like Anderson is a definite liability.
What use is a player, no matter how talented he is, if he is rarely fit or cannot adapt to the system to accommodate all types of players?
Like someone says,weve seen this before with Hargreaves.
Let's not go into this argument again.Anderson talk sounds like we're continuously driving on a round-about.
For me, he hasn't done enough.As simple as that. I don't recall a certain Zidane complaining about the type of midfielders he played with at club and country yet he might be the greatest of his generation.

zidane? zidane didn't have to play as a central midfielder when he was young....
don't let us forget this anderson has won champions league and the premier league.
you can criticise him for being injury prone...don't berate his talents.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 12:15am On May 24, 2012
people are not doubting his talents but he is injury prone and rarely fit.he should go or b a squad player only,d midfield cant b built to depend on him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mbulela: 8:00am On May 24, 2012
coogar:

pogba can feck off to where the sun don't shine.....united should cut their losses
and sign gems that are ready to prove their worth.

zidane? zidane didn't have to play as a central midfielder when he was young....
don't let us forget this anderson has won champions league and the premier league.
you can criticise him for being injury prone...don't berate his talents.
So has David May and even Djimi Traore won the champions league.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 9:22am On May 24, 2012
I like Ando, I just dont think he is good enough or consistent enough for us to build our midfield around him. He's a squad player at best but his lack of disciple and injury record shows we should consider getting rid if we get a decent offer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:24am On May 24, 2012
mbulela:
So has David May and even Djimi Traore won the champions league.

djimi traore won the premier league? grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 24, 2012
United reported to lunch a bid for Kagawa
http://m.goal.com/s/en/news/3123826
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 10:05pm On May 24, 2012

The Glazers are just wasting valuable money on huge interest payments. Its so annoying when you consider we were debt free before and didn't need to acquire these unnecessarily high interest costs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 9:17am On May 25, 2012
ogbeche77: United reported to lunch a bid for Kagawa
http://m.goal.com/s/en/news/3123826

Yep, apparently we've got wind that Hazard wants to go to City or Chelsea so we're going for Kagawa instead.

I dont mind too much, I just hope Kagawa can do the business.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 11:48am On May 25, 2012
@ montelik

What's your source?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:10pm On May 25, 2012
debosky: @ montelik

What's your source?

david conn(guardian uk)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/23/premier-league-accounts-profit-debt
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 2:18pm On May 25, 2012
Liverpool's wage bill is fourth in the league, even without CL footie? No wonder Dalglish was fired. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:29pm On May 25, 2012
debosky: Liverpool's wage bill is fourth in the league, even without CL footie? No wonder Dalglish was fired. cheesy

now you can understand why fergie/wenger would not sign just any big player.
it would affect their wage structure....they have always maintained around
40%-50% wage/turnover ratio. a signing like sneijder or messi would alter
that benchmark......so unless they find a way of increasing their turnover,
don't expect a super duper signing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 3:53pm On May 25, 2012
We should just finalise this Kagawa deal already and focus on the next target.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:15pm On May 25, 2012
chamotex: We should just finalise this Kagawa deal already and focus on the next target.

you want kagawa? what would kagawa add to what we already have?
fergie is just a goat....all we need is a defensive midfielder in the
mould of makelele, javi martinez, essien, de rossi!

m'vila is the closest to that. a beast of a player who would look
into yaya toure's eyes and power-slam him to the floor, rip out his
vocal cords so he won't even have the voice to moan to the referee.

117 tackles and 94 interceptions copped for rennes....
he makes 7.7 accurate long ball per game...he's 21 and he's as fit
as fucck....starting all the 38 league games of the season.

kagawa, my left white buttock.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 7:31pm On May 25, 2012
Coogar is white or an albino? cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:52pm On May 25, 2012
I thought Gill said we would get all our business done before the Euro's. I hope it isn't Hazard that is causing the delays. I don't even understand why we are so interested in another wing forward for a possible £30m, after already signing Young last summer along with Nani, Park and Valencia.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 8:54pm On May 25, 2012
we need 2 central midfielders at least. one defensive midfielder who is strong,quick but also decent at passing the ball e.g m'vila,tiote and then one creative midfielder with good technique,passing and vision e.g modric.
kagawa wouldn't b a bad buy cos he is a quality player who gives us options cos he can play in 2-3 positions on d pitch.no need to spend so much money on hazard unless one of nani,valencia or young is leaving(park is a non-factor)
2 central midfielders plus kagawa plus a striker since 2 r leaving in berba n owen.d LB position has bin shaky for 2 seasons now,so dt might b another place to strengthen depending on how much fryers has developed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:11pm On May 25, 2012
debosky: Coogar is white or an albino? cheesy cheesy

caucasian! are you jealous?

we don't need any of kagawa or hazard. surplus to requirements.
i doubt hazard is better than nani, kagawa cannot be better than wayne rooney
so what are they going to add to the array of stars in our attack department.

the defence is where the problems are....de gea is settled now but the back
four and the defensive midfielder who would provide the shield to protect the
centre-halves. united don't need too many changes...and if at all, fergie wants to
bring new talents, the left back position and yann m'villa should be targeted.

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (14139) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.