Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5602) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8663457 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5599) (5600) (5601) (5602) (5603) (5604) (5605) ... (14139) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neezar: 9:28pm On May 24, 2018
MoR2:
lol, but how does that concern what I posted sef eh
which club do u support
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:29pm On May 24, 2018
MRTA7:
I'm unsure about Fred. Seems like a shorter version of Pogba the few times I've seen him. Not sure that is what we really need.

I watched Fred in the UCL many times and was not impressed one bit. Not even his freekick could convince me. Anyway, I just hope Mourinho knows what he's doing. Let me not speak out against Fred coz I haven't seen his league displays, but his UCL ones were average.

My major concern is our RW. If Mourinho fails to address that position, he's bound to fail next season.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 9:29pm On May 24, 2018
raumdeuter:

Yes 1 season is equal to a year. from July 1 to June 30.

This season it has already been concluded that Man Utd wont win the CL
Olodo!

How is a season equal to a year??

There is a reason why UEFA games always start the season(Uefa Super Cup - August 8 2017) and Uefa games always end the season(UCL final - May 26 2018).
And there's a reason why everything that comes before the Uefa Super Cup is considered as Pre-Season. And in case u dont understand the meaning of the affix "Pre" here, it means "Before" as in "Pre-Season = Before Season".

So tell us how season wey start in August and ends in May for a total of 10 months is same as 1 calendar year??

Apari!!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:33pm On May 24, 2018
weedtaker:
Fred instead of koke.

rubbish signing.

We agree on something finally. I really don't see the hype in Fred. His matches I watched were average. As for Koke, forget him, United will never sign him coz he doesn't want to leave and Atletico don't wanna sell.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 9:34pm On May 24, 2018
Lana1:
Olodo!

How is a season equal to a year??

There is a reason why UEFA games always start the season(Uefa Super Cup - August 8 2017) and Uefa games always end the season(UCL final - May 26 2018).
And there's a reason why everything that comes before the Uefa Super Cup is considered as Pre-Season. And in case u dont understand the meaning of the affix "Pre" here, it means "Before" as in "Pre-Season = Before Season".

So tell us how season wey start in August and ends in May for a total of 10 months is same as 1 calendar year??

Apari!!

You no slap am well sef, You suppose put dry sand mixed with Cement for your palm

Laumdeuter in one week

"Atletico's 2 Champions League finals is more than Man Utd's 2 Champions League finals"

"1 season equals 1 year"

"A season runs from June 1st to July 30th"

"10 seasons which consists of 10months each is equal to a Decade"

"We can use 1 season to count 1 year"

"We must start counting the year from when a season starts"
Tufiakwa!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 9:37pm On May 24, 2018
dopeJemi:

You no slap am well sef, You suppose put dry sand mixed with Cement for your palm

Raumdeuter in one week

"Atletico's 2 Champions League finals is more than Man Utd's 2 Champions League finals"

"1 season equals 1 year"

"A season runs from June 1st to July 30th"

Tufiakwa!!!
I'm sure he will also count World cup as part of the season...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neezar: 9:38pm On May 24, 2018
why can't we just go for mahrez to fill that right spot for us undecided

Mou is ruining this club I swear

who is Fred....Ukraine league no be Epl ahbeg
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 9:39pm On May 24, 2018
Lana1:
I'm sure he will also count World cup as part of the season...

Na only World Cup? African Cup of Nation, Lagos beach soccer, Australian Open, formula 1, NBA.

Abeg I dey go sleep

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 9:40pm On May 24, 2018
patrickmuf:
eph12 and dopeJemi una tag na die...

grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:45pm On May 24, 2018
neezar:

He's probably waiting for Bale. undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neezar: 9:47pm On May 24, 2018
sinizia:

He's probably waiting for Bale. undecided
That injury prone Bale angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:50pm On May 24, 2018
neezar:

That injury prone Bale angry

Rumors have it that he's going for Willian. So I think the Bale dream is dead. I'll take Mahrez over Willian, though. Mahrez is a natural winger and has the qualities to transform that position for us. It's better we buy Mahrez and then Shaqiri as a backup and leave Willian.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MoR2(m): 9:52pm On May 24, 2018
neezar:
which club do u support
you didn't know, am a Madrid fan
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:03pm On May 24, 2018
Sinizia and Nezzar, Bale has been scoring goals for fun thus year, he seems back to his best.
I have a feeling Mourinho favors a move for him especially after he openly backed our push for Bale last summer...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 10:06pm On May 24, 2018
sinizia:

Rumors have it that he's going for Willian. So I think the Bale dream is dead. I'll take Mahrez over Willian, though. Mahrez is a natural winger and has the qualities to transform that position for us. It's better we buy Mahrez and then Shaqiri as a backup and leave Willian.

The first thing this our coach looks for in a player is defensive ability... Flair isn't his thing at all...

So,I honestly don't see Mahrez at United..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:21pm On May 24, 2018
MoR2:
you didn't know, am a Madrid fan
What's that your moniker u used to use that time?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 11:42pm On May 24, 2018
The probelem is not about buying players, its about fitting into the Coach mumu setup instead of playing to his players strength. They must play to his style and strength first anything else na jara..
lubbish
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 12:42am On May 25, 2018
CrystalTiger:

The first thing this our coach looks for in a player is defensive ability... Flair isn't his thing at all...

So,I honestly don't see Mahrez at United..

Me too. If Mourinho was all about attacking flair, Mahrez would've been bought since last season's beginning. Even Young wouldn't have been a starter under an attacking coach.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 12:45am On May 25, 2018
patrickmuf:
Sinizia and Nezzar, Bale has been scoring goals for fun thus year, he seems back to his best.
I have a feeling Mourinho favors a move for him especially after he openly backed our push for Bale last summer...

Which scoring for fun? Don't be deceived by his El Classico stunner or the one or two goals he scored when Barca had already wrapped up the league. Bale remains a ticking time bomb with glass legs. Moreover, he doesn't fit into the Mourinho typical winger that's tasked with defending and always tracking back which is why people like Mahrez won't be bought. I believe Mourinho will end the Bale purchase this time around.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:17am On May 25, 2018
WE are begging for a Right Winger...Hes busy chasing another Pogba

This Man is utter cluelessness, WTF do we need players like Fred for? I saw his game against Cityx, that man was atrocious in that UCL game making bad touches, all I see is a local bully in Fred, he just uses his pace to bully the chain smokers in Ukraine
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neezar: 6:20am On May 25, 2018
sinizia:

city are already closing in on that mahrez deal

we could av gone for Griezzy instead....but it's obvious his next destination is barca
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neezar: 6:21am On May 25, 2018
patrickmuf:
mou might likely not go for bale.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 6:47am On May 25, 2018
I don't understand how we have a coach who is obsessed with defending. Every player he wants to buy he first assesses the players defensive contribution.

Shouldn't it be the other way round, hevshoukd allow players do what they how to do best. Defenders should defend, midfielders should midfield grin and attackers should attack na and play players in their preferred position.

We know defending is important but it seems Mourinho has never heard of "attacking being the best form of defending" or has someone disproved that assertion.

Except mourinho's own assertion is that "defending is best form of attacking"

I am even confused now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 6:58am On May 25, 2018
Manchester United are ready to pay the £79m required to land Douglas Costa, should Juventus fail to take up the option to sign him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 6:58am On May 25, 2018
Manchester United want to complete the double signing of Fred and Toby Alderweireld before the World Cup starts next month.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:09am On May 25, 2018
codedguy1:
I don't understand how we have a coach who is obsessed with defending. Every player he wants to buy he first assesses the players defensive contribution.

Shouldn't it be the other way round, hevshoukd allow players do what they how to do best. Defenders should defend, midfielders should midfield grin and attackers should attack na and play players in their preferred position.

We know defending is important but it seems Mourinho has never heard of "attacking being the best form of defending" or has someone disproved that assertion.

Except mourinho's own assertion is that "defending is best form of attacking"

I am even confused now.
Lol calm down bro before you Mourinho give you hbp.

I think all these defending talk is not directly from Mourinho. He hasn't come out to say he wants players that can defend so we have to give him some benefit of doubt and not swallow everything we read here or elsewhere line hook and sinker.

What we should be looking for in a player is high work rate because modern football is about team attacking and depending together. Attitude when not with the ball matters as much as when with the ball. Check other teams, their attackers defend too by running after lose balls and closing down spaces. We can't say everyone should focus on his own side or role, it won't work. Look at how teams that have done very well in recent years play and you will understand my point. LFC has gotten to the final not just because they're deadly up front or their back line is sharp, but because Salah, Firmino, Mane, Chamberlain, Milner, Henderson etc won't stop playing or running throughout the game. Same thing with City Barca Madrid.

I will be glad to see Mourinho out of the club but I won't take beer parlour gist until I see fact. grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 7:28am On May 25, 2018
eph12:

Lol calm down bro before you Mourinho give you hbp.

I think all these defending talk is not directly from Mourinho. He hasn't come out to say he wants players that can defend so we have to give him some benefit of doubt and not swallow everything we read here or elsewhere line hook and sinker.

What we should be looking for in a player is high work rate because modern football is about team attacking and depending together. Attitude when not with the ball matters as much as when with the ball. Check other teams, their attackers defend too by running after lose balls and closing down spaces. We can't say everyone should focus on his own side or role, it won't work. Look at how teams that have done very well in recent years play and you will understand my point. LFC has gotten to the final not just because they're deadly up front or their back line is sharp, but because Salah, Firmino, Mane, Chamberlain, Milner, Henderson etc won't stop playing or running throughout the game. Same thing with City Barca Madrid.

I will be glad to see Mourinho out of the club but I won't take beer parlour gist until I see fact. grin

Oga the defensive emphasis nonsense is coming from Mourinho abeg. They say action speaks louder than words. We can see what happens on the field na.

Real, bayern, city, barca, even liverpool and PSG will enter a match and you will see effort from the beginning that they want to win while our team will be strolling around the pitch like zombies only to concede and then up the ante. If we score first we mostly start trying to defend that lone goal while the other teams I mentioned above will all continue to attack even when they are 3 goals up, let's not talk about when the concede first. That's the point am making. We have said it on this board a thousand times. The only difference is that we managed to come 2nd this season but I am saying that system doesn't look like it will get is anything especially in the league.

We are stuck with Mourinho for now anyways. I hope he adjust his style towards more emphasis on attacking. I hope.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 8:41am On May 25, 2018
neezar:

Jose doesn't buy players that r not physically strong. And mahrez is not.
Who is Fred?
Ask guardiola that wanted him during the last winter transfer
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:45am On May 25, 2018
codedguy1:

Oga the defensive emphasis nonsense is coming from Mourinho abeg. They say action speaks louder than words. We can see what happens on the field na.

Real, bayern, city, barca, even liverpool and PSG will enter a match and you will see effort from the beginning that they want to win while our team will be strolling around the pitch like zombies only to concede and then up the ante. If we score first we mostly start trying to defend that lone goal while the other teams I mentioned above will all continue to attack even when they are 3 goals up, let's not talk about when the concede first. That's the point am making. We have said it on this board a thousand times. The only difference is that we managed to come 2nd this season but I am saying that system doesn't look like it will get is anything especially in the league.

We are stuck with Mourinho for now anyways. I hope he adjust his style towards more emphasis on attacking. I hope.
Strolling around is not the same thing as being defensive. It just shows that the team is either not well prepped or not serious. We lose the ball too often to even make a serious attack. That's not being defensive, that's just plain laziness, unseriousness and very poor mentality at display. You should know a defensive game when you see one. How many times have we played like we played against Arsenal first leg, LFC home and away this season ? Or the way Chelsea played against us? Against the small teams we lost we were not defensive, the was just not serious

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pataki: 8:50am On May 25, 2018
LOL! Apari oh! grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 9:42am On May 25, 2018
^^^ Laumdeuter has disappeared like the fart of a leprous witch. He is waiting till Sunday morning to come and list out the winners of the last 10 Champions League. Any reply after Saturday is Null and void

Apari

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 9:51am On May 25, 2018
According to Laumdeuter, Saturday which falls on the 26th of May is part of the Last 10 Champions League and guess what people? Today is the 25th of May. The future is already the past according to our ogbomosho analyst

My brothers and sisters, Please spot the words and numbers in Thick black

Tufiakwa!!!

Laumdeuter:

Now show us the last Man Utd captain to do this. Hopefully you can get one in the last 10 seasons

Laumdeuter:

1. 2008/09
2. 2009/10
3. 2010/11
4. 2011/12
5. 2012/13
6. 2013/14
7. 2014/15
8. 2015/16
9. 2016/17
10. 2017/18

Thats 10 seasons which one did your club lift in, I have bolded mine

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5599) (5600) (5601) (5602) (5603) (5604) (5605) ... (14139) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.