Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (798) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8663441 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (795) (796) (797) (798) (799) (800) (801) ... (14139) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 25, 2014
elampiro:

League table is not calculated that way. They are two separate groups, therfore you can't say they are 6th. All the papers and online reports I have read said they are on 4th position.
don't be like this.
Their is a point tally
If you don't understand how the MLS works, you don't need to show it to everyone here.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:21pm On Jul 25, 2014
i expect the following players to have an excellent performance under van gaal...

anderson
cleverley
ashley young
nani
kagawa
fellaini

by october, the tune here will change & nuccas would be eating their vomitus.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 4:26pm On Jul 25, 2014
coogar: i expect the following players to have an excellent performance under van gaal...

anderson
cleverley
ashley young
nani
kagawa
fellaini

by october, the tune here will change & nuccas would be eating their vomitus.

If these are the players you are saying will perform excellently under van gaal, then who are the mediocre players that make up the team? Who are the players that are going to be axed?

Sorry, nani, cleverly, ashley, fellaini, anderson are among the players to be axed by van gaal

Its funny how you speak bad of rooney and praise these below average players, when all of them combined are not up to one Rooney

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:29pm On Jul 25, 2014
StarBoard:
don't be like this.
Their is a point tally
If you don't understand how the MLS works, you don't need to show it to everyone here.

Common sense tells me that there should be play offs with the top teams from each of the leagues having to face one another. Just like Nigeria Super Cup.

The most important thing here is that this team has moved from mid table to within top spot(s). Which means their form is back. How many European teams can even beat them 5-0 now?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:30pm On Jul 25, 2014
dopeJemi:
If these are the players you are saying will perform excellently under van gaal, then who are the mediocre players that make up the team? Who are the players that are going to be axed?

Sorry, nani, cleverly, ashley, fellaini, anderson are among the players to be axed by van gaal

you know this how? do you have a water-filled calabash in your house where you see into the future. we already saw what young is capable of. 2 goals + 1 assists in 45 mins in a new role.

Its funny how you speak bad of rooney and praise these below average players, when all of them combined are not up to one Rooney

which of the players i mentioned pockets £300k/week? to whom much is given, so much more is........
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 25, 2014
elampiro:

Common sense tells me that there should be play offs with the top teams from each of the leagues having to face one another. Just like Nigeria Super League (is that the name again).

The most important thing here is that this team has moved from mid table to within top spot(s). Which means their form is back. How many European teams can even beat them 5-0 now?
If you don't know how the American Sports system works, get to ESPN.
Every top American Sport is split along the lines of Conferences. Teams play themselves several times to determine seedings based on performance.It is called the regular season. They then engage in playoff in which the top seeds play the lower ones in each conference till a conference champion emerges, and they then play in the Finals.

Being 4th in the West is NOT the same thing as being 4th on the league.
By virtue of points won, LA Galaxy would be 6th on the log. They have the 6th best record in the MLS.
Again it can't be that hard.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 4:40pm On Jul 25, 2014
dopeJemi: Coded01

You probably don't get it! grin

There are other teams bidding for him --- Arsenal, Liverpool & a few others... cool

Sanchez's influence to bring along his countryman to Arsenal while Liverpool re-emergence in the Glamorous UCL could play a big role in bringing him to Anfield... cool

I ask you, which player no wan play Champions League? grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:46pm On Jul 25, 2014
StarBoard:
If you don't know how the American Sports system works, get to ESPN.
Every top American Sport is split along the lines of Conferences. Teams play themselves several times to determine seedings based on performance.It is called the regular season. They then engage in playoff in which the top seeds play the lower ones in each conference till a conference champion emerges, and they then play in the Finals.

Being 4th in the West is NOT the same thing as being 4th on the league.
By virtue of points won, LA Galaxy would be 6th on the log. They have the 6th best record in the MLS.
Again it can't be that hard.

They are not 6th. They are fourth in their group/conference/league. At the end, the top four or the number according to the rules, will go for play off. If you are 1st or 2nd in your league(conference) and another team on 6th position in the other conference has more points than you, you will still make play off.

What am I saying. Group A number two team has 40 points. Group B 5th position team has 43 points. Group A number two team will make the play off ahead of the group B number 5 team even though the B team had more points.

It's a common sense that two separate leagues don't usually have teams with same capabilities or strength.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 4:51pm On Jul 25, 2014
chrisley024: No because he is going back to Italy to discuss his future. Why not ask, will you sign 4 Utd?

Ask him maybe he goes to Liverpool? grin

Reports reaching me says Vidal responses to the above questions are below... grin

--- NO! Why? No UCL... grin tongue grin

--- YES! Why? UCL... cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 25, 2014
coded01:

Reports reaching me says Vidal responses to the above questions are

Yeah!!..My babe is back.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 4:53pm On Jul 25, 2014
glitest:

Yeah!!..My babe is back.

Hru... grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:59pm On Jul 25, 2014
Coogar, it is now looking more and more likely that we can not get 'our' Nani back. I paid so much attention to him in the world cup. I wonder what happen to the Nani we used to know. He doesn't just know what decision to make at almost every time. He carried that to our last friendly. His crosses are not targeted at anyone. Every time the players are coming out of the tunnel for training, he looks dejected and stays inside the crowd like a new signing. Whereas he's suppose to be staying in front with Rooney, Mata, Fletcher.... Is only hope is if Gaal takes special interest in him, correct his errors, boost his confidence and give him plenty game time to get back. I pity him most times because he appeared to have virtually replaced CR7 in 2010 or so.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:03pm On Jul 25, 2014
coded01:

Reports reaching me says Vidal responses to the above questions are below... grin

Reports reaching u from ANimalFIELD grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kentnickole(m): 5:04pm On Jul 25, 2014
glitest:

Yeah!!..My babe is back.
You love sports too? #watching u#

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 5:05pm On Jul 25, 2014
chrisley024:
Reports reaching u from ANimalFIELD grin

See ya mouth like ANimalFIELD... grin undecided grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 5:20pm On Jul 25, 2014
coded01:

You probably don't get it! grin

There are other teams bidding for him --- Arsenal, Liverpool & a few others... cool

Sanchez's influence to bring along his countryman to Arsenal while Liverpool re-emergence in the Glamorous UCL could play a big role in bringing him to Anfield... cool

I ask you, which player no wan play Champions League? grin

He said united is 'one of just three clubs he'd want to play for'

So I'm thinking liverpool is not among them
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 5:24pm On Jul 25, 2014
coogar:

you know this how? do you have a water-filled calabash in your house where you see into the future. we already saw what young is capable of. 2 goals + 1 assists in 45 mins in a new role.

which of the players i mentioned pockets £300k/week? to whom much is given, so much more is........

Rooney hasn't scored two and assisted one in a single match before?

Is this the first time he is scoring and assisting? Does that change the fact that he's not a flop or don't flops score goals again?

I won't deny the fact that his weekly pay is high
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 25, 2014
coded01:

Hru... grin

Doing great. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:38pm On Jul 25, 2014
dopeJemi:
Rooney hasn't scored two and assisted one in a single match before?

Is this the first time he is scoring and assisting? Does that change the fact that he's not a flop or don't flops score goals again?

I won't deny the fact that his weekly pay is high

ashley young isn't a flop. his injury record in the last 2 seasons & the biased media made it seem he's a flop.

he was excellent in his first season with us. in 2012/13, he was injured for most parts & the moyes era was bad for all our players in general. so how's ashley a flop?

he once won the best young player in the premier league. janujaz wasn't even considered for it last season. ashley had been in 2 PFA teams of the season & he's a flop? so who's not a flop? valencia??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Keky(m): 5:40pm On Jul 25, 2014
Wait so Van Persie has more premier league goals than Drogba aswell? Banter
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 25, 2014
elampiro:

They are not 6th. They are fourth in their group/conference/league. At the end, the top four or the number according to the rules, will go for play off. If you are 1st or 2nd in your league(conference) and another team on 6th position in the other conference has more points than you, you will still make play off.

What am I saying. Group A number two team has 40 points. Group B 5th position team has 43 points. Group A number two team will make the play off ahead of the group B number 5 team even though the B team had more points.

It's a common sense that two separate leagues don't usually have teams with same capabilities or strength.
Stop all these long talk.
Unless you are telling me there are two MLS leagues.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:41pm On Jul 25, 2014
Drogba is back to Chelsea.
SMH
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 5:46pm On Jul 25, 2014
coogar:

ashley young isn't a flop. his injury record in the last 2 seasons & the biased media made it seem he's a flop.

he was excellent in his first season with us. in 2012/13, he was injured for most parts & the moyes era was bad for all our players in general. so how's ashley a flop?

he once won the best young player in the premier league. janujaz wasn't even considered for it last season. ashley had been in 2 PFA teams of the season & he's a flop? so who's not a flop? valencia??

Buh Rooney is a flop right?

If ashley had asked for 200k a week, do you think it would have been considered during the season u claim he was hot cake?

Top 20wingers in the world, ashley is not among, he lacks common sense, I'm beginning to wonder btw him and valencia, who lacks sense more

Is there anything ashley young does special?

P.S: Januzaj is just 18, or are you considered old when you pass 18, and he was also one of our best players last season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 5:54pm On Jul 25, 2014
glitest:

Doing great. grin grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:02pm On Jul 25, 2014
StarBoard:
Stop all these long talk.
Unless you are telling me there are two MLS leagues.

*** What's the definition of a league?

*** As we speak, LA Galaxy are in the play off. The play off qualification is not determined by ranking. All you need do is to stay within qualification bracket in your group/league.

See you much later.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:27pm On Jul 25, 2014
dopeJemi:
Buh Rooney is a flop right?

his hype, his wage-packet make him a big flop. with the salary he gets, he should be scoring 60 goals per season.

If ashley had asked for 200k a week, do you think it would have been considered during the season u claim he was hot cake?

that's exactly why rooney is more hype, less substance. everyone knew he doesn't merit that wage packet, but he's rooney. england's golden boy & he gets what he wants.

Top 20wingers in the world, ashley is not among, he common sense, I'm beginning to wonder btw him and valencia, who lacks sense more

top 40 forwards in the world & rooney won't be there as well.....so what gives? musa has more world cup goals in one outing than rooney's 3 different world cup outings.

Is there anything ashley young does special?

yes, he's a productivity robot. look through his records and see for yourself. i can actually say it's man utd that have failed to get the best out of him.

in watford, he was the championship player of the year.....then he moved to aston villa.....he contributed to the sacking of mourinho in 2007 when he destroyed chelsea singlehandedly. that was ashley young running circles around one of the toughest defence in europe back then.

P.S: Januzaj is just 18, or are you considered old when you pass 18, and he was also one of our best players last season

last season should be erased from our history. it was a disgraceful season. it was an anomaly. i refuse to reckon with whatever happened that season & that includes the highs & lows. the united team i know will never finish 7th even if managed by onigbinde.

(1) (2) (3) ... (795) (796) (797) (798) (799) (800) (801) ... (14139) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: nitrogen(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.