Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,900 members, 7,802,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (804) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8636077 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (801) (802) (803) (804) (805) (806) (807) ... (14120) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jul 26, 2014
Penalty Roma!!! Totti scores
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:56pm On Jul 26, 2014
3-2! Nawa o!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:59pm On Jul 26, 2014
These kids in the defence ain't ready
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:01pm On Jul 26, 2014
Ref never blow final whistle?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 26, 2014
elampiro: Ref never blow final whistle?

Yup...Game over , final score 3-2
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:02pm On Jul 26, 2014
Good we won
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:04pm On Jul 26, 2014
Nemesis83:

Yup...Game over , final score 3-2

Good.

Pls give us individual players performance in the 2nd half.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:05pm On Jul 26, 2014
It looks like Herrera later stepped up and he set up Welbeck for the penalty. 'Abi'?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by r231(m): 11:11pm On Jul 26, 2014
elampiro:

Good.

Sure......hold on let me ask ifa

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jul 26, 2014
elampiro:

Good.

Sorry bro, i really don't understand all the intricate details you guys analyse here, i just watch the game because of my love for Manchester united, Have Afrodoc do the analysis of player performance for you if you don't mind.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 11:15pm On Jul 26, 2014
elampiro: It looks like Herrera later stepped up and he set up Welbeck for the penalty. 'Abi'?

yeah good pass.
the last 15 minutes of the 1st half and 1st 15 minutes of 2nd half were good for us.

smalling is big and strong but his positional play is poor.....i think he is going to lose out in this new system. the young boys beside him didnt help though.
shaw has just been ok in his appearances does not look million pound in any way HOWEVER its still preseason, lots of time for improvement.

Unfortunately van gaal did not play kagawa directly behind the 2 strikers so yet again its difficult to assess him properly though he had some real class moments.

Nani is fighting for his United career playing as a striker in this formation and so far things are not looking good for him.

Young as a wingback was not bad at all......his versatility might yet save him, same with Valencia.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:15pm On Jul 26, 2014
Nemesis83:

Sorry bro, i really don't understand all the intricate details you guys analyse here, i just watch the game because of my love for Manchester united, Have Afrodoc do the analysis of player performance for you if you don't mind.

Ok. Afrodoc will update us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:18pm On Jul 26, 2014
afrodoc:

yeah good pass.
the last 15 minutes of the 1st half and 1st 15 minutes of 2nd half were good for us.

smalling is big and strong but his positional play is poor.....i think he is going to lose out in this new system. the young boys beside him didnt help though.
shaw has just been ok in his appearances does not look million pound in any way HOWEVER its still preseason, lots of time for improvement.

Unfortunately van gaal did not play kagawa directly behind the 2 strikers so yet again its difficult to assess him properly though he had some real class moments.

Nani is fighting for his United career playing as a striker in this formation and so far things are not looking good for him.

Young as a wingback was not bad at all......his versatility might yet save him, same with Valencia.

Thanks.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:23pm On Jul 26, 2014
elampiro: Where's Afrodoc?

More.....

SailorXY, may be DSTV don't have the right to this tournament. 'Cos they are showing Arsenal friendly. I beg DSTV should go and work it out before our next match.
bros dstv na eff up jare
they dare not miss any rights to a sporting event with their hefty subscription prices angry angry angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:24pm On Jul 26, 2014
Who wore the arm band when Cleverley left? Nani or Young?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:26pm On Jul 26, 2014
@ afrodoc
how do u assess Hernandez? I don't understand how van Gaal plays non-strikers in striking positions ahead of him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:30pm On Jul 26, 2014
we woulda lost tonight without smalling. he was strong for us at the death. the lack of defensive midfielders affected us towards the end and roma brought on quality players to try get something out of the game.

10 goals in 2 games, we are in business!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 11:32pm On Jul 26, 2014
coogar: we woulda lost tonight without smalling. he was strong for us at the death. the lack of defensive midfielders affected us towards the end and roma brought on quality players to try get something out of the game.

he was strong as you said...but he has to learn how to position himself better...............like i said the young boys by his side didnt help him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 11:34pm On Jul 26, 2014
SailorXY: @ afrodoc
how do u assess Hernandez? I don't understand how van Gaal plays non-strikers in striking positions ahead of him

Hernandez was as silent as the night. he did nothing really good and did nothing really bad that i can remember
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 11:36pm On Jul 26, 2014
coogar: we woulda lost tonight without smalling. he was strong for us at the death. the lack of defensive midfielders affected us towards the end and roma brought on quality players to try get something out of the game.

and you are right that the lack of defensive midfielders exposed us to excess pressure.
however i look at the 3 senior centre backs and he seems to be the odd one out IF we buy another quality central defender
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:45pm On Jul 26, 2014
afrodoc:

and you are right that the lack of defensive midfielders exposed us to excess pressure.
however i look at the 3 senior centre backs and he seems to be the odd one out IF we buy another quality central defender

smalling is the best out of the lot. the only problem smalling has is passing & distribution. he gets scared when in possession. if he can sort that bit out, he is our best central defender.

jones is another few matches from injuring himself or rooney. he's a bumbling oaf. he is the equivalent of schwarzennegger on a football pitch. evans blows hot & cold. more cold than hot if i can add.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 11:56pm On Jul 26, 2014
coogar:

smalling is the best out of the lot. the only problem smalling has is passing & distribution. he gets scared when in possession. if he can sort that bit out, he is our best central defender.

jones is another few matches from injuring himself or rooney. he's a bumbling oaf. he is the equivalent of schwarzennegger on a football pitch. evans blows hot & cold. more cold than hot if i can add.

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 12:10am On Jul 27, 2014
coogar:

Smalling's mother sef won't agree that he is better than Evans.
passing and distribution that you so easily glossed over is very important with this Van Gaal system,and there Smalling comes up really "small".

He is scared of the ball when in possession (oh u said that already) and his passing is average. Jones is usually overagressive but so far this preseason he seems better and has better control of himself.
Evans is our best centreback at the moment
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 1:25am On Jul 27, 2014
Agree about Evans being our best CB personally.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 1:28am On Jul 27, 2014
Ángel Di María close to PSG move

Ángel Di María will sign with Paris Saint-Germain in the next few days. The winger looks set to sign a five-year deal with the French club.

Source: Marca
Saturday, July 26, 2014 9:49 AM

Why not Man Utd? --- No UCL not even Europa league...
grin tongue grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:49am On Jul 27, 2014
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by stanech: 5:12am On Jul 27, 2014
After Saturday’s 3-2 win over Roma in Denver, Zaha is the only member of the Reds' 26-man squad who hasn’t yet played in the USA. And Louis van Gaal stated in a press confrence after the match saying, he is pleased with the way Wilfried Zaha has trained so far in pre-season and may give the winger a run-out in Manchester United’s next tour game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 8:29am On Jul 27, 2014
coded01: Ángel Di María close to PSG move

Ángel Di María will sign with Paris Saint-Germain in the next few days. The winger looks set to sign a five-year deal with the French club.

Source: Marca
Saturday, July 26, 2014 9:49 AM

Why not Man Utd? --- No UCL not even Europa league...
grin tongue grin

EXCLUSIVE: Angel Di Maria
issues 'come and get me' plea
to Manchester United

ANGEL DI MARIA has rushed an SOS half way
across the world to Manchester United's USA camp
pleading: Get me out of here.

By Harry Pratt & Steve Millar / Published 27th July
Facebook Twitter Google+

The Argentine star of the World Cup is unhappy that
he’s been overshadowed at Real Madrid by the headline
hitting arrival of James Rodriguez and Toni Kroos.

Di Maria believes he is no longer considered one of the
Bernabeu’s famed “Galacticos” with Rodriguez and
Kroos obviously guaranteed starring roles alongside
Cristiano Ronaldo andGareth Bale.

And his future has been put into serious doubt with Real
insiders revealing that the winger, who was man-of-the-
match in their Champions League winning side, is now
officially the odd man out.

United know that Di Maria is up for grabs Real's £45m
asking price and will get down to business this week to
act quickly once new boss Louis van Gaal gives the go
ahead.

Paris St Germain are also on full alert but they have
dragged their heels much to the early frustration of Di
Maria, which is another reason he wants United to come
and get him.

The French farce has infuriated Di Maria with the
money-no-object club trying to broker a loan deal to get
round Financial Fair Play demands after splashing £50
million on Chelsea’s David Luiz.

United won’t quibble over Real’s fee and Van Gaal has
enough funds at his disposal to negotiate a straight cash
deal.

Van Gaal has stressed
that he needs time to take
a closer look at the squad
he inherited from sacked
boss David Moyes.

Once he’s analysed his
strengths and weak-
nesses on the pre-season
tour of America the hard
line Dutchman will sanction new arrivals.
But Van Gaal has already been reported as saying that
his squad wasn’t “balanced” and bringing in Di Maria to
load the bullets for Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie
would be a major boost to restoring United to former
greatness.

PSG boss Laurent Blanc is already facing up to the
tough-to-handle prospect that his old club will beat him
in the race for Di Maria.
Blanc wasn’t giving anything away when he was asked
about whether he still had a chance of landing the
Argentine maestro.

He said: “I will leave you to speculate.
"At the moment nothing is done. Are there negotiations?
It’s not for me to say but for the board of the club.”
Real boss Carlo Ancelotti doesn’t want to lose Di Maria
but concedes that the mouth watering arrival of £63
million signing Rodriguez and Kroos doesn’t give him
much hope of a look in.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:01am On Jul 27, 2014
hmmmm which one pesin co believe

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:47am On Jul 27, 2014
Do we even need Di maria with this formation?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:04am On Jul 27, 2014
It's interesting how you dopeJemi countered the negative news about Di Maria.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:07am On Jul 27, 2014
chrisley024: Do we even need Di maria with this formation?
he can also play CM if needed, and a better offering than Young & Nani going forward.
& yes, we shouldn't say no to such player if he's interested to play for Utd. besides, it is s long season... we won't be short of quality on the pitch in case of injuries

(1) (2) (3) ... (801) (802) (803) (804) (805) (806) (807) ... (14120) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.