Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,269 members, 7,807,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (817) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8662612 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) (819) (820) ... (14139) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 01, 2014
MrTA:
No, he didnt take a medical with man utd stop spreading rumours.
wonder what people stand to gain from these rumours.

The chances of Vidal joining United are slim to none in my view
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 10:08am On Aug 01, 2014
StarBoard:

Why do you think his chances of coming to United are slim to zero. If the rumours refuse to go away atleast you should give it a 50/50 chance!

Or you know something we don't, or have a reliable insider. That would be a cogent reason for your pessimism.

On the other side, would you like him to come?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:21am On Aug 01, 2014
Patrice Evra has revealed that Louis van Gaal wanted him to be Manchester United captain had he stayed at the club.

"Manchester United wanted to keep me and they also wanted to give me the captain's band, Van Gaal was disappointed to see me go away, but I had already made a choice.

"It was really difficult to leave Man United, but I did it. I made my choice and I am really happy with my choice."

Evra also urged his knew club to pursue their reported interest in Portugal winger Nani.

"He is a great player and it was a privilege for me to play with Nani. If Juve are interested in him, I can only say that Nani would be a great purchase."

[Source: Daily Mail]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:34am On Aug 01, 2014
^^
'I was really surprised when Antono Conte left. I was wondering why a coach who strongly wanted me would have left but in the end everyone is the owner of his own destiny. I a not angry with Conte but I am happy that I am with Juventus - a great club with a great history.'
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 10:42am On Aug 01, 2014
StarBoard:

thepeoplesperson.com/2014/07/31/look-current-reports-arturo-vidals-move-manchester-united-49950/

www.offthepost.info/blog/2014/07/arturo-vidal-passes-man-utd-medical/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+offthepost%2FTLAa+%28Off+The+Post%29
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:46pm On Aug 01, 2014
The rumours for Vidal just wont go away! Here's the latest:

The Daily Star claim that Vidal’s representative Fernando Felicevich has ‘jetted in’ to Manchester to finalise the £47m move, after talks with Juventus over a contract to match the estimated £120,000-a-week deal United are offering fell apart – leaving the Chilean a clear path to head to Old Trafford.

The Daily Express say that Vidal will sign for £47m and will be given the famous number 7 shirt.

El Mercurio in Chile are reporting that the 27-year-old has passed a medical, having already undergone preliminary checks in Chile. The Metro continue in the same vein, reporting that the Red Devils were concerned over Vidal’s previous knee and ankle issues, but are now sufficiently impressed with his fitness levels.

Italian publication Gazzetta dello Sport are slightly more reserved in their reports, saying that Vidal’s time at Juventus suddenly looks increasingly uncertain, with Man United looking strongly like landing him. They say that Van Gaal has told United officials to increase their efforts in signing him, resulting in a four-year contract worth around €13m-a-year being offered to the midfielder.

Italian football expert Roberto Gotta told talkSPORT that while Juventus have appeared firm in their stance over Vidal’s future, they are starting to wane, and irrespective of reports surrounding the player, United will still need to make a ‘fantastic offer’ if they are to truly bend the Italians’ will.

Italian football Agent Andrea D'Amico told Skysports Italia that he believes Vidal WILL leave Juventus for Manchester United in this transfer window.

[Source: El Mercurio, Gazzetta dello Sport, Mirror, Daily Express, Daily Star, Talksport]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:51pm On Aug 01, 2014
If we signed Vidal, Gaal would have a problem sorting out his midfielders. It would have been easier if we were in the UCL and had to rotate players often. We will have four midfielders on the bench (add Fellaini) it's five.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 01, 2014
codedguy1:

Why do you think his chances of coming to United are slim to zero. If the rumours refuse to go away atleast you should give it a 50/50 chance!

Or you know something we don't, or have a reliable insider. That would be a cogent reason for your pessimism.

On the other side, would you like him to come?
No I'm not an insider.
I'm just looking at a few things before I reached that conclusion.

Vidal has said he is not interested in a United move. LvG hasn't mentioned him or as much as looked like being interested in signing him as of yet

At best all these are speculations. There are no strong leads (e.g sightings of United officials around where he could likely be found at this time, confirmation that talks are even going on between United and Juve) for me to believe a move is on the card.
Plus I'm not sure he would want to miss out on Europe except we decide to throw crazy salary earnings at him, but that would come only if there are any indications of interest from him or that talks are on going, no matter how preliminary they are.

Trust me he is a decent player and I think he would do us a favor if he joins us. But as far as I know, the more reliable sources don't seem to be picking up much on the story aside from these roadside journals.

Plus it would seem we are expecting too much from him. He is a player with a dodgy injury history if memory serves me correctly. But it's just my view.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 3:15pm On Aug 01, 2014
elampiro: If we signed Vidal, Gaal would have a problem sorting out his midfielders. It would have been easier if we were in the UCL and had to rotate players often. We will have four midfielders on the bench (add Fellaini) it's five.
Which problem kwa?
He pairs with Herrera n Cleverly as substitute until Strootman comes.

Unless u still gat hope on Carrick n Fletcher which I don't.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:25pm On Aug 01, 2014
Manchester United
Tomorrow, watch Man Utd v Real Madrid LIVE on Manchester United's Club App. Exclusive to Glo: text APP to 5836

That's from Man United official page. Will they do this for EPL matches?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:26pm On Aug 01, 2014
chrisley024:
Which problem kwa?
He pairs with Herrera n Cleverly as substitute until Strootman comes.

Unless u still gat hope on Carrick n Fletcher which I don't.

Is Fletcher not more reliable than Cleverley?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 3:36pm On Aug 01, 2014
elampiro:

Is Fletcher not more reliable than Cleverley?
Both sef eeh!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 3:37pm On Aug 01, 2014
elampiro: Manchester United
Tomorrow, watch Man Utd v Real Madrid LIVE on Manchester United's Club App. Exclusive to Glo: text APP to 5836

That's from Man United official page. Will they do this for EPL matches?
When we know the cost na
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
chrisley024: When we know the cost na

Yes o. It will be interesting to be able to watch on the go. I remember that year they brought one small DSTV phone. I used it to watch many matches even during weekends official performance meetings. I go just lower the volume dey monitor situations with corner eye.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 01, 2014
elampiro:

Yes o. It will be interesting to be able to watch on the go. I remember that year they brought one small DSTV phone. I used it to watch many matches even during weekends official performance meetings. I go just lower the volume dey monitor situations with corner eye.
I for like see the result of your evaluation grin
dis one wey you dey watch ball during meeting.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:46pm On Aug 01, 2014
StarBoard:
I for like see the result of your evaluation grin
dis one wey you dey watch ball during meeting.

Lol.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:15pm On Aug 01, 2014
^
Those days, they used to ruin our weekends. Life is much better now.

You commence a meeting at 9am and it goes on till 8pm. You will be lucky not to have another official engagement that would finish half of your Sunday. It was 'horrible'.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 5:54pm On Aug 01, 2014
elampiro: If we signed Vidal, Gaal would have a problem sorting out his midfielders. It would have been easier if we were in the UCL and had to rotate players often. We will have four midfielders on the bench (add Fellaini) it's five.

no it would improve the quality of the midfield. we would have vidal and herrera starting until midseason when we could probably get strootman.
those 3 could fight for the 2 spots with cleverley and fletcher on the bench.
WITH THOSE 3 BY NEXT SEASON I EXPECT CARRICK TO BE PLAYING FOR BURNLEY.....E DON TRY
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 6:07pm On Aug 01, 2014
Man utd vs Madrid 9pm 2mao
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 6:22pm On Aug 01, 2014
afrodoc:

no it would improve the quality of the midfield. we would have vidal and herrera starting until midseason when we could probably get strootman.
WITH THOSE 3 BY NEXT SEASON I EXPECT CARRICK TO BE PLAYING FOR BURNLEY.....E DON TRY

i like the combo of Herrera, strootman and vidal! with Cleverly and Fletcher as back up.

we need to fortify that midfield very well, cos as big as United is we cant compare our midfield with that of clubs we ought to be comparing ourselves with. am talking about Madrid, Barca and Bayern!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:17pm On Aug 01, 2014
afrodoc:

C'mon, Carrick is better than Cleverly n Fletcher.

Only that mobility will be his problem with this new formatn n likewise the coach
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 8:34pm On Aug 01, 2014
chrisley024:
C'mon, Carrick is better than Cleverly n Fletcher.

Only that mobility will be his problem with this new formatn n likewise the coach

I agree...but he is much older and is already on the decline. PLUS u mentioned his lack of mobility hampering his performance in this formation.
THE POINT however is that if we have Vidal, Herrera and Strootman then Carrick would no longer be 1st choice or even 1st sub off the bench.
I have nothing against him personally but looking forward to next season or 2 seasons down the line i would rather have cleverley or fletcher on the bench than carrick
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 2:13am On Aug 02, 2014
Ancelotti: Ronaldo won't face Man Utd

http://m.goal.com/s/en-us/news/4998553

I guess it's good news for Man Utd... grin tongue grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:02am On Aug 02, 2014
Smalling also injured!

Is this how we're going to do it playing 3CBs? Minimum of 2 defenders needed; non-injury prone.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 9:27am On Aug 02, 2014

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 9:31am On Aug 02, 2014
Johnny evans emerge as contender for utd Captaincy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:58am On Aug 02, 2014
"Manchester United are one of my favourite clubs, everyone knows that every time when I speak about Real Madrid I speak about Manchester United, I loved it there," Ronaldo told reporters.

"I was 18 years old when I joined, I won everything there, the people treat me like a god there so I appreciate that and, in the future, who knows.

"I remember when we played there against Manchester United in the Champions League. Their affection killed me, I was so happy.

"I had fantastic moments and I appreciate this club. For me, it’s one of the best clubs in the world and I have passion for this club.

"Some players I am still in contact with because, when I was there, I created a good relationship with everybody - not just the players, but all of the staff.

"It was like my second family there, so I’ll not forget that the people treat me good. I love Manchester United and to go back... With football you never know.

"Of course, I’m happy at Real Madrid - it’s my home, my club - but Manchester United treated me unbelievable so you never know."

Ronaldo also believes United will prosper under Louis van Gaal’s guidance following their worst-ever Premier League campaign last season under fired coach David Moyes, who had replaced Sir Alex Ferguson in 2013.

"It will be a better season for sure. My feeling is Van Gaal is a fantastic coach, he showed that all the time for Netherlands, the team played unbelievable at the World Cup, and I hope that Man Utd come back like the people know," he added.

Related
http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2014/08/02/4999184/ronaldo-refuses-to-rule-out-man-utd-return?CMPID=FBINT_140802_ronron
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by royale442(m): 8:08pm On Aug 02, 2014
TEAM NEWS
14:46 - We’ve just been given the starting line-up for
today’s game: De Gea; M Keane, Jones, Evans; Valencia,
Herrera, Fletcher, Young; Mata; Rooney, Welbeck . All the
other players in the tour squad are on the bench, except
Chris Smalling, who is injured. (JT)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:18pm On Aug 02, 2014
Hate seeing Young play LWB
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:26pm On Aug 02, 2014
Substitutes:

Lindegaard, Amos, Johnstone; Shaw, Blackett, James; Nani, Cleverley, Kagawa, Zaha, Lingard; Hernandez, W. Keane

R.Madrid:

Casillas; Ramos, Pepe, Nacho; Arbeloa, Illarmendi, Alonso, Carvajal; Modric, Bale; Isco.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:28pm On Aug 02, 2014
This Madrid team no be play o! grin shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 8:33pm On Aug 02, 2014
chrisley024: Hate seeing Young play LWB

shaw's fitness is obviously still not optimal.......would prefer rafael,valencia and young to fight for right wing back when the season starts.

(1) (2) (3) ... (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) (819) (820) ... (14139) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: metodman(m), ucsquare(m), iamharkinwaley and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.