Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,671 members, 7,805,773 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (895) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8653175 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (892) (893) (894) (895) (896) (897) (898) ... (14136) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mikeywise(m): 9:12am On Aug 20, 2014
Mikel is still available, Chelsea can sell to You for 30million. since Man.u like throwing money away.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 9:28am On Aug 20, 2014
teeo: Can't we just sign 7 players at once. Moyes said he was going to overhaul the whole team last season and everyone was shouting. This team needs a complete overhaul, every position is lacking. Except the Goalkeeper.
I tire for Man Utd really.

D squad isn't lacking, it is imbalanced. Rojo's signing improves the situation defensively, but considering the massive amount of experience and quality we lost in one window, we still need one more reliable central defender, particularly when we are going to be playing 3 center backs week to week. Midfield is imbalanced. A decent number of wingers and way too many attacking midfielders, but not enough central midfielders or proper assortment. The real proper central midfielders have serious questionmarks (Carrick 34 y/o, Fletcher has lost a significant bit of his edge, Cleverley has massive improving to do), Herrera is the only one that doesn't have any questionmarks. Imagine if you could swap one of Fellaini, Mata, Kagawa for a Guarin, Verrati, Song, Strootman or Paulinho. That already provides greater balance.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:41am On Aug 20, 2014
ddpp
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:42am On Aug 20, 2014
Dadehmola:

I would have agreed only if we had a midfielder who's willing to control the tempo of the game and dominate proceedings. As we speak, we don't have such a player (unless Herrera proves me wrong). Mentioning names players like fat Anderson, kagawa (who can't protect the ball to save his life) and the 33year old carrick who is clearly outta sorts as possible solutions, seems odd to me.

As you can see, vidal isn't a DM - the more reason why I feel the "we need a DM more than anything" statement should be de-emphasized!

oh well
lets come to a meeting point
a Modric type or a Vidal type; assume you are van Gaal, which singular addition gives this team the greater balance?

ball winner or ball player
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:45am On Aug 20, 2014
mikeywise: Mikel is still available, Chelsea can sell to You for 30million. since Man.u like throwing money away.
maybe we can buy for 30million Zimbabwean Dollars smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:55am On Aug 20, 2014
Read Vidal is unfit to play friendlies.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 11:59am On Aug 20, 2014
As far as I'm concerned, everything is alright now... we've got Rojo. Now the 'new system' has really started!

First choice defence line: x - Rojo - Y
* x, y = I don't bloody care who

First choice CM three should be: ** Fellaini - * Mata (Kagawa) - ** Herrera
* Mata (Kagawa) a bit further ahead of the others
** Given special instructions to hack down opposing players 'recklessly' (and I mean that literally)

First choice wingbacks: Young - Valencia (Welbeck, Januzaj, Lingaard, Rooney, any-bloody-body-else can sub)

First choice strike force: Rooney - RVP (Chicharito sub)

If we keep spending like maga, we will set ourselves back another 2 seasons before we jell. This bunch of players is all we've got at the moment - and we have to make 'em work by hook or crook!
Squad consistency has been a big factor why we've been 'relatively' successful all these past years.

I said it before that under Moyes, the players should take a huge part of the blame, that they needed to man up. But heck, we all had a vendetta against the man and shielded the players while giving him a torrid time... Now he is no more and the stewp!d !d!ots are still threatening to serve us the same ol' BullSh!t!?

Somebody should go get SAF's hair-dryer and put it where these lads can see everyday as a reminder - at this very moment, they owe their lives to the badge on their uniforms; so they better get their head outta their asses, play and win like MANCHESTER UNITED!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 12:02pm On Aug 20, 2014
SailorXY:
oh well
a Modric type or a Vidal type; assume you are van Gaal, which singular addition gives this team the greater balance?

A fvcking PITBULL thats what... a downright mean, tenacious, blood-curdling mother0fvcker. I don't even care if he can kick the ball or play a simple pass - if he can kick the opponents with clean, deadly accuracy and break some limbs every now and then; that will suit me just fine!
Heck, Vidal don't even cut it for me; Rojo fits the profile small - I will come up with other names!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:06pm On Aug 20, 2014
RuuDie: As far as I'm concerned, everything is alright now... we've got Rojo. Now the 'new system' has really started!

First choice defence line: x - Rojo - Y
* x, y = I don't bloody care who

First choice CM three should be: ** Fellaini - * Mata (Kagawa) - ** Herrera
* Mata (Kagawa) a bit further ahead of the others
** Given special instructions to hack down opposing players 'recklessly' (and I mean that literally)

First choice wingbacks: Young - Valencia (Welbeck, Januzaj, Lingaard, Rooney, any-bloody-body-else can sub)

First choice strike force: Rooney - RVP (Chicharito sub)

If we keep spending like maga, we will set ourselves back another 2 seasons before we jell. This bunch of players is all we've got at the moment - and we have to make 'em work by hook or crook!
Squad consistency has been a big factor why we've been 'relatively' successful all these past years.

I said it before that under Moyes, the players should take a huge part of the blame, that they needed to man up. But heck, we all had a vendetta against the man and shielded the players while giving him a torrid time... Now he is no more and the stewp!d !d!ots are still threatening to serve us the same ol' BullSh!t!?

Somebody should go get SAF's hair-dryer and put it where these lads can see everyday as a reminder - at this very moment, they owe their lives to the badge on their uniforms; so they better get their head outta their asses, play and win like MANCHESTER UNITED!
we still need a charger in CM
- & -
I won't say no to di Maria tho undecided
4-3-3 on point, the counter attacks will be wickedth
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 20, 2014
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 12:11pm On Aug 20, 2014
teeo: Fellani just injured his ankle in training. for how long we dont know yet. Another gbege

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2729694/Marouane-Fellaini-suffers-ankle-ligament-damage-Manchester-United-training.html
That means he stays.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 12:17pm On Aug 20, 2014
RuuDie:

A fvcking PITBULL thats what... a downright mean, tenacious, blood-curdling mother0fvcker. I don't even care if he can kick the ball or play a simple pass - if he can kick the opponents with clean, deadly accuracy and break some limbs every now and then; that will suit me just fine!
Heck, Vidal don't even cut it for me; Rojo fits the profile small - I will come up with other names!
I see. A 3 CBs of Jones...Luiz...Rojo grin will send chills down the spines of CFs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 12:18pm On Aug 20, 2014
teeo: Fellani just injured his ankle in training. for how long we dont know yet. Another gbege

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2729694/Marouane-Fellaini-suffers-ankle-ligament-damage-Manchester-United-training.html

Oh my... it must be a long-term side effect of 'rigorous' David Moyes' training regime!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 12:27pm On Aug 20, 2014

he probably doesn't want to go on loan undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 12:29pm On Aug 20, 2014
RuuDie:

Rojo fits what profile?

The same Rojo that could not terrify Ahmed Musa in the world cup?

The same Rojo that Emenike ate like chewing gum during the world cup?

This same Rojo?

The way some Manyoo fans rewrite history is frightening sometimes

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 12:30pm On Aug 20, 2014
Where Nick Powell sef?angry
I had high hopes for that guy o

If he must go on loan again (which I'm not in support of) it must be an epl side.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mikeywise(m): 12:33pm On Aug 20, 2014
Nihilist:

Rojo fits what profile?

This same Rojo?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 12:46pm On Aug 20, 2014
I dey siddon look mode till 2sept!
grin angry sad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ibime(m): 12:46pm On Aug 20, 2014
Nihilist:

Rojo fits what profile?

This same Rojo?

Rojopolo. Be fair man, it was Zabaleta that Ahmed Musa terrorised.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:50pm On Aug 20, 2014
RuuDie:

Oh my... it must be a long-term side effect of 'rigorous' David Moyes' training regime!!!

Fellaini has been with Moyes since Methuselah.

Moreover, Gaal has also started giving hard training since they left USA.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:53pm On Aug 20, 2014
Nihilist:

Rojo fits what profile?

[bm]The same Rojo that could not terrify Ahmed Musa in the world cup?

The same Rojo that Emenike ate like chewing gum during the world cup?[/b]

This same Rojo?

I just dey look you with corner eye
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 1:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
Ibime:

Rojopolo. Be fair man, it was Zabaleta that Ahmed Musa terrorised.

Did I say Musa terrorised Rojo?

Na wa for you sef.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:04pm On Aug 20, 2014
Di Maria's news getting thick ... Me ah just dey observe ni
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:06pm On Aug 20, 2014
@Nihilist u be real hype man ... Ah swear down
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:13pm On Aug 20, 2014
As we see am.

* Should Nani pick form, cn we bring him back in January?

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 1:14pm On Aug 20, 2014
Nihilist:

Rojo fits what profile?

This same Rojo?

Off all those present lot in UTD's squad, Rojo fits the profile... hold your horses, he is here now; in a few weeks, after some games, we will revisit this!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:15pm On Aug 20, 2014
Rio Ferdinand has tipped his former club Manchester United to become champions and expects Wayne Rooney to win the Premier League's Golden Boot.

"I'm backing Manchester United to win the league,

"Manchester United will win because they have a good manager. Wayne Rooney is a good choice as captain. This is his 10th year and he will be top scorer in the league this season.

"Obviously they need their best players fit. Last season Robin van Persie did not play much but he could also be a top scorer."

[Source: London Evening Standard]

*BREAKING NEWS*
Marouane Fellaini suffered a knock to the ankle during training yesterday. There are no official news on the severity of the injury yet, but early reports suggest he could be out for 4-6 months.

Napoli are waiting for updates as a loan move could now be in doubt.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 1:17pm On Aug 20, 2014
SailorXY:
oh well

Considering how badly we need reinforcements in that area, anyone of the two suits me perfectly
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 1:20pm On Aug 20, 2014
Dadehmola:

Considering how badly we need reinforcements in that area, anyone of the two suits me perfectly
good diplomacy wink
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 1:21pm On Aug 20, 2014
I swear on my life I no dey find trouble BUT....

Doesnt Nani look like a houseboy in that photo?

He looks like one of the guys that wash plates at the back of that restaurant....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 1:28pm On Aug 20, 2014
SailorXY:
good diplomacy wink

As long as we get a creative/ productive CMF and not just one "dirty worker", I'm good to go
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mikeywise(m): 1:32pm On Aug 20, 2014
elampiro: As we see am.

* Should Nani pick form, cn we bring him back in January?
Nani is not happy, he has been betrayed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (892) (893) (894) (895) (896) (897) (898) ... (14136) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.