Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,541 members, 7,801,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8628233 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (14119) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:09pm On Mar 01, 2012
dayokanu:

Foo0l

Hart has conceded 19 goals in 26 games while Neuer has conceded 14 in 23 games

Hart conceded 6 in 6 CL games while Neuer conceded 5 in 6 CL games

Now ask someone around you to compare

this boy is massively idiotic.
hart who had had to face man utd, arsenal, chelsea, tottenham and liverpool in comparison to neuer who has had to face useless sides in bundesliga.
your stupidity should be converted to kinetic energy that powers rocket into the outer space.

comparing bundesliga to the english league makes you a tool! the competition here in england is huge.
a goal conceded in england = 3 in germany.

M0r0n in which games has Klose ever played behind Gomez. How long do i have to keep schooling you about European football? You think this is your palmy joint in Ekiti?Cleverly ko, Stupidly ni

answer my question now?
why has none of them won anything in the continent? no champs league, no europa, no euros, no world cup?
haba - are the present generation of german footballers cursed by the gods of football. even john o'shea has won a champs league title.
wes brown? djimi traore? kuszack? yet, klose cannot boast of a continental medal?

Aint you pathetic? How many games have Arsenal dominated their opponent yet go down by multiple goals? Example Was Arsenal not dominating Spurs yet went down by 2 goals?  Football isnt meant for f00ls stick to skipping rope  grin grin grin

but arsenal and spurs are not man utd and real madrid.
we are talking of football at the highest level and this w@nker is discussing a derby match where emotions outfight the form of the teams playing.
you must be genetically moronic.

Seeing on pages of Complete football is different from Seeing live on TV hope you know.

i saw these games live at old trafford.
you were in awo hall reading complete football with a white candle.
there's a universe of difference.

When I said you dont watch football you come here to argue. A season after 1999/2000. Iker casilass was still the number one Keeper at Madrid Guffanti.
It was only in 2001/2002 that Cesar benched him(Casillas) for a while till he(Casilass) came in the final as a sub for Madrid

you mean a world class goalie was benched?  grin cheesy
really? can you read your own sentence again?

Yet the tool claims a World class player would walk into any team without questions But cant tell us which of Buffon or Kahn would be benched.

both buffon and kahn would walk into any starting xi without questions.
if you choose buffon, people would agree. if you choose kahn, there wouldn't be any grumbling as well.
the two of them would be in the top 5 goalkeepers back then. but iker casillas in 2000 wouldn't be in the top 10.

between 1998 and 2003 Zidane won WPOTY 3 freaking times

it simply means he was world class in the years he won those awards.
it doesn't make him world class throughout the entire period of 5 years. for your information, he only won balon d'or once and that was in 98.

na fifa's hype machine dey hype zidane. he wasn't even the french player of the year between 99 and 2002(which confirms my theory).
i asked you a question - would zidane walk into the 99 treble winning side of man utd? if yes - who could he have benched?

Roy keane disgraced him means he isnt World class or means he isnt best 10?

definitely so. . . .
zidane did not play like a world class midfielder in 1999

You are an insult to m0r0ns I swear. How many times was Kahn disgraced even at his peak, How many times has Cristiano Ronaldo been silenced? How many times has Messi been silenced? World cup 2010 what did they both do?

ronaldo silenced? messi silenced?
how many games per year would you see ronaldo silenced?
have you seen ronaldo's goal stats in la liga? messi's stats? silenced?
you must be a troglodyte with poop for brains.

If you convert your stopidity to kobos you would still be a billionaire in Dollars

tired line.
in the punditry of foreign exchange, your intelligence in it's peak would be the somali shillings. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:14pm On Mar 01, 2012
afrodoc:

i thot class was permanent but form temporary?
i guess u could say zidane had periods when he lost form but to say he lost his class is a bit too much.
and i believe u can now see d drawbacks of ur definition of world class,even d dictionaries don't back u.
1st of all there hv bin very few players in history of football dt could hv WALKED into any team WITHOUT ARGUMENTS.
Pele himself wouldnt hav walked into d galactico team of 1960 without argument.Didi was definitely world class at d time but found it difficult.
a world class player is a  player of high international standard,someone who is regarded as d best or one of the best in d world at his position.

exactly my point. to be a world class player, you'd have only 1-2 players in the same position same or better than you.
in my opinion, xavi of barcelona has done more at top level than zidane which simply means zidane is vastly overrated.
he's a good player but he didn't stay at the top for a long period of time like xavi is doing presently.

have u ever seen an out of form xavi?
if xavi is injured, he's injured but the moment you see him on the pitch, his footballing exudes class.
that is the difference i was trying to highlight for dorkkanu. for some players, their form is permanent in brilliance.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 10:56pm On Mar 01, 2012
let me use ur terms so my point would be easy to understand: xavi has a higher bottom level of play but zidane has a higher roof of play.
what an overaged zidane did to spain(wit xavi on d field),brazil and portugal in d 2006 world cup is a human rights violation!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:07pm On Mar 01, 2012
afrodoc:

let me use ur terms so my point would be easy to understand: xavi has a higher bottom level of play but zidane has a higher roof of play.
what an overaged zidane did to spain(wit xavi on d field),brazil and portugal in d 2006 world cup is a human rights violation!

what has zidane won that xavi hasn't? wink
think about it - the way xavi sodomizes teams in the midfield is nothing short of ingenuity.
close your eyes and count the number of world class midfielders xavi has murdered in the last 3-4 yrs.

abeg, i respect zidane a lot. when he's good, he sometimes gatecrashes into maradona's level.
but his bottom level is sometimes comparable to denilson of arsenal.

with xavi - there's no time the dude hasn't been excellent but xavi is unlucky.
unlucky to be in the same generation with ronaldo and messi. zidane's mercurial skills wouldn't have been noticed if he were to be in his prime today.
the obscene amount of goals ronaldo/messi are scoring would have made it difficult to pay attention to a low-scoring zidane of juventus/madrid.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 11:16pm On Mar 01, 2012
d same zidane who came out of old people's home to juggle the ball over d heads n shoulders of ronaldinho,da lima ronaldo and kaka? grin
d same zidane dt clinched a champs league final with a belter from his weaker foot from d edge of d box? wink
d same zidane dt scored 2 goals in a world cup final?
d same zidane dt won 3 WPOTY awards? shocked
d same zidane dt was so good dt he always managed to make thierry henry d igwe of arsenal n d EPL's hottest striker look like a houseboy anytime they were on d pitch for France? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 11:22pm On Mar 01, 2012
ok lets coalesce thinking.xavi is d more consistent player from your statements and i wont vehemently dispute that BUT zidane is d greater player,i hope u dont dispute dt too.if one subtracts maradona's struggles in la liga and his struggles after 1990 for how many years was he rily on top of his game?
but he is still regarded as one of d greatest(if not d greatest) ever,so what is remembered in football history n in decades to come isn't ur bottom level or ur waist/window level but ur roof/top/head level cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:30pm On Mar 01, 2012
afrodoc:

ok lets coalesce thinking.xavi is d more consistent player from your statements and i wont vehemently dispute that BUT zidane is d greater player,i hope u dont dispute dt too.if one subtracts maradona's struggles in la liga and his struggles after 1990 for how many years was he rily on top of his game?
but he is still regarded as one of d greatest(if not d greatest) ever,so what is remembered in football history n in decades to come isn't ur bottom level or ur waist/window level but ur roof/top/head level cheesy

maradona's feat @ napoli alone puts zidane and xavi to shame.
and don't forget in diego's time - the tackles were murderous and he played in italy where it's blood and thunder.
would messi, ronaldo, zidane and xavi have survived those horrible tackles dished to maradona against cameroon?

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ipl1mInKbY?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"[/flash]

but xavi has no bottom level to start with. in the last 3 years, i have never seen an out of form xavi for spain or barcelona.
when he plays, he gives 99% all the time. even in the games they have lost in this time, it's because of the opponents parking the bus or the strikers being lethargic.
germany and holland - 2 footballing giants had to abandon attacking tactics to contain xavi alone and even with that, he still found a way to sodomize them.

afrodoc:

d same zidane who came out of old people's home to juggle the ball over d heads n shoulders of ronaldinho,da lima ronaldo and kaka?  grin

sneijder did the same in world cup 2010.

d same zidane dt clinched a champs league final with a belter from his weaker foot from d edge of d box?  wink

that was the only thing he did in that final and that forged his legendary status.
a volley? better than rooney's volley against citeh? they were playing leverkusen o, not barcelona or ac milan. grin

d same zidane dt scored 2 goals in a world cup final?  

that was class to be honest. 2 quick headers from a corner kick.
silvestre did that for fun @ man utd - these french players can be deadly from corners.

d same zidane dt won 3 WPOTY awards?  shocked

hype machine. . . .won just one balon d'or award(98) even though the magazine is french.
what do these french sports journo know?

d same zidane dt was so good dt he always managed to make thierry henry d igwe of arsenal n d EPL's hottest striker look like a houseboy anytime they were on d pitch for France?  grin

henry scored only 2 goals from zidane's pass.
thierry henry has highbury to thank for his goal scoring spree in the premier league. the pitch was too small. grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 9:28am On Mar 02, 2012
Just for fun. team for sunday.
DDG:
Rafael, Evans, Rio, Evra.
Tony V, Carrick, Tom C, Young.
Rooney & Hernandez.

if injury return times are accurate, i wouldn't mind this line up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 10:13am On Mar 02, 2012
Unlikely to see TV and TC in the starting lineup for sunday. Im sad Smalling is out but we should be ok with Evans and Rio.

Seems Bale is out injured so Im not really bothered by who plays RB, Rafa or Big Phil. upfront I can see it being Rooney and Welbeck again but really, I dont mind as long as Rooney is fit to play.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 12:04pm On Mar 02, 2012
the thing wey Ferguson dey do Berbatove dey pain me oo
After na nonsense Welbeck go come dey do nonsense runs.

Just imagining a midfield of Carrick, Anderson and Cleverly with an attack of Berbatov and Rooney

Chai. . . .salivating
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:21pm On Mar 02, 2012
montelik:

Just for fun. team for sunday.
DDG:
Rafael, Evans, Rio, Evra.
Tony V, Carrick, Tom C, Young.
Rooney & Hernandez.

if injury return times are accurate,  i wouldn't mind this line up.
Scratch that.Valencia and Clev won't make it.
Forgot Danny Welbeck?
Rooney/Hernandez combo wont be starting,I can bet.
Phil Jones Ryan Giggs Paul Scholes should also make it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:27pm On Mar 02, 2012
rafael would likely start on sunday to nullify the threats of gareth bale. . .

-----------de gea----------
rafael--rio--evans---evra
nani--carrick--giggs--young
---rooney------chicharito---
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 1:36pm On Mar 02, 2012
this is a match hernandez should start.spurs will come out to play esp since they r home leaving enuf space for chicharito to xploit but rooney has to b on good form n will probably hv to drop deep to keep our midfield competitive
@emperoh ur formation is to narrow o,where will d width come from?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 02, 2012
afrodoc:

this is a match hernandez should start.spurs will come out to play esp since they r home leaving enuf space for chicharito to xploit but rooney has to b on good form n will probably hv to drop deep to keep our midfield competitive
We know the best attack line up is to start Hernandez
However, we know Danny Welbeck will start,given Fergie's antecedents.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mbulela: 4:23pm On Mar 02, 2012
Emperoh:

the thing wey Ferguson dey do Berbatove dey pain me oo
After na nonsense Welbeck go come dey do nonsense runs.

Just imagining a midfield of Carrick, Anderson and Cleverly with an attack of Berbatov and Rooney

Chai. . . .salivating

they will kick in the one year option next month for Berba, to make sure he does not go for free in the summer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mbulela: 4:24pm On Mar 02, 2012
Owen is back in training. According to SAF, this is good news.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mbulela: 4:24pm On Mar 02, 2012
any news on the Pogba drama? i heard he was very upset at being left out of the Ajax game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 5:01pm On Mar 02, 2012
mbulela:

Owen is back in training. According to SAF, this is good news.

This is good news for you?
When we are praying for geriatrics to exit for the young uns to blood

afrodoc:

I know that and also know it doesn't favour Fergie given that he is a 4-4-2 man
But we can do this when playing peeps like Barca and Arsenal that love to narrow the pitch
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:26pm On Mar 02, 2012
StarBoard:

We know the best attack line up is to start Hernandez
However, we know Danny Welbeck will start,given Fergie's antecedents.

did hernandez travel?
that would be the only reason he might not start cos he would be jet-lagged.

rooney is back so that's a plus.
sad smalling did himself against holland but i think johnny evans has found hi mojo.

we can beat spurs - we always beat them
they have no scott parker and rafael should shackle gareth bale.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 5:46pm On Mar 02, 2012
Heard Bale is injured and out for 3 weeks
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:07pm On Mar 02, 2012
dayokanu:

Heard Bale is injured and out for 3 weeks

injury room says he would be back in 2 days.
bale would start on sunday!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:16am On Mar 03, 2012
I wouldn't pay too much attention to the injury speculation in the Spurs camp.
I would rather we play them like they had everyone available.
I hear Bale isnt looking likely to start the game but we shouldn't rely on that information.

As for Hernandez,even if he wasn't jet-lagged,Fergie will start Welbeck ahead of him with Rooney present.Its just plain-old Fergie,I guess.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 6:26pm On Mar 03, 2012
Now we absolutely have to win the spuds
Cos if we slip up here it might be difficult to catch Man City.

But again, Man City dont look too convincing these days just that one of those names they have on their pay roll can conjure up something on the pitch.
I was not impressed with them against Bolton.

I hope Henandez starts, but we all know Fergie definitely has a mind of his own. would not mind Berbatov playing this game at some point.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:29pm On Mar 03, 2012
coded guy:

Now we absolutely have to win the spuds
Cos if we slip up here it might be difficult to catch Man City.

But again, Man City dont look too convincing these days just that one of those names they have on their pay roll can conjure up something on the pitch.
I was not impressed with them against Bolton.

I hope Henandez starts, but we all know Fergie definitely has a mind of his own. would not mind Berbatov playing this game at some point.

we don't have to beat spurs. . . .a draw is enough.
the game tomorrow is the last difficult game left for us before we go to etihad stadium.

we have won 6 of the last 7 league games drawing one and yet wenger got the manager of the month. . .
it's baffling. we are guilty of our own success here. apparently, 6 wins in 7 is not enough to convince anyone united have done well considering their injuries.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 6:55pm On Mar 03, 2012
coogar:

we don't have to beat spurs. . . .a draw is enough.
the game tomorrow is the last difficult game left for us before we go to etihad stadium.

we have won 6 of the last 7 league games drawing one and yet wenger got the manager of the month. . .
it's baffling. we are guilty of our own success here. apparently, 6 wins in 7 is not enough to convince anyone united have done well considering their injuries.

This season seems to be somehow different from the way am seeing it. Like u said we are not exactly convinced with the way we are playing even though we have won 6 outta 7 games. In other seasons by this time the confidence would be high and we would have been coasting, probably losing a game along the line, but this time seems diff. The team has been tweaked so many times that everytime we win a game we heave a big sigh of relief cos of the so many changes that takes place in the team. its a miracle we are where we are on the table judging by the way we have played this season.

The spuds know that this game is a do or die affair for them, knowing that Arsenal are right behind them, if Arsenal somehow overhaul them on the table they should just ask to be relegated grin, so i think they would come out smoking.

I dont want a draw, i want a win. Shikena!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:15pm On Mar 03, 2012
coded guy:

This season seems to be somehow different from the way am seeing it. Like u said we are not exactly convinced with the way we are playing even though we have won 6 outta 7 games. In other seasons by this time the confidence would be high and we would have been coasting, probably losing a game along the line, but this time seems diff. The team has been tweaked so many times that everytime we win a game we heave a big sigh of relief cos of the so many changes that takes place in the team. its a miracle we are where we are on the table judging by the way we have played this season.

The spuds know that this game is a do or die affair for them, knowing that Arsenal are right behind them, if Arsenal somehow overhaul them on the table they should just ask to be relegated grin, so i think they would come out smoking.

I dont want a draw, i want a win. Shikena!!!

it's the injury curse. . . . .
we don't have a settled team. no one knows for certain who would start tomorrow.
it's the reason none of our players command the respect they should be getting. . . .no definitive roles for them.
a draw against spurs is good enough. the games following spurs are pretty easy. we should win all of them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 7:48pm On Mar 03, 2012
We definitely need a win. 5 points is a huge margin at the stage so we need to be right on city's neck so they know there is no room for error. We just need to give ourselves the best chance to take advantage of any slip ups.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:54pm On Mar 03, 2012
Mr_TA:

We definitely need a win. 5 points is a huge margin at the stage so we need to be right on city's neck so they know there is no room for error. We just need to give ourselves the best chance to take advantage of any slip ups.

city have more difficult games in their path than united.
if we draw, the gap becomes 4 points. . . . .it's not insurmountable.

the key is. . . . .we must beat city at the etihad stadium.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 8:14pm On Mar 03, 2012
That's the key but the margin for error is too great IMO. It requires us to win pretty much all our games. With the way injuries have hammered us this season, I wouldn't bet on it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:16pm On Mar 03, 2012
Mr_TA:

That's the key but the margin for error is too great IMO. It requires us to win pretty much all our games. With the way injuries have hammered us this season, I wouldn't bet on it.

by next week, only the players with long-term injuries would be left out.
it means lindegaard, smalling, rooney, anderson, valencia, cleverley would all be back.
we are good to go from now on. . . .
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 8:23pm On Mar 03, 2012
coogar:

by next week, only the players with long-term injuries would be left out.
it means lindegaard, smalling, rooney, anderson, valencia, cleverley would all be back.
we are good to go from now on. . . .

Thats if they dont get injured again. We just need to be very close to City so that they can feel the heat knowing almighty UNITED on their heels.
Its been quite sometime Anderson played, hope he still knows how to play, ok his twin cleverley will be right beside him grin

City now still have to play Chelsea, Arsenal and United. We need to be close to them incase the decider game is the one we against them. That would be a match!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:30pm On Mar 03, 2012
coded guy:

Thats if they dont get injured again. We just need to be very close to City so that they can feel the heat knowing almighty UNITED on their heels.
Its been quite sometime Anderson played, hope he still knows how to play, ok his twin cleverley will be right beside him grin

City now still have to play Chelsea, Arsenal and United. We need to be close to them incase the decider game is the one we against them. That would be a match!!!

if we are 2 points below them going into the manchester derby, i would be happy.
beat city, stay above them and not lose a point again. their goals difference would mean shyte.
we just have to beat city at etihad unless they piss points away before then and the derby becomes a dead rubber.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (14119) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.