Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,231 members, 7,807,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:47 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (950) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8661664 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (947) (948) (949) (950) (951) (952) (953) ... (14138) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 2:58pm On Aug 30, 2014
coogar:

you would rate valencia above?
we lost 2 points today cos of valencia - i have never seen such a useless winger all my life. 99% of his crosses are blocked from 2 yards.

johnny evans came to help in the last 5 mins - all valencia needed to do was to pass the ball back to evans & run hard into the penalty box for a return in a 1-2 pass - his intelligence didn't go that far.

each time he passed back to evans, he stood there with him like a zombie. young had a penalty in the first half(not given). his shot hit someone's arm in the box late in the second half(not given). tough luck - young was one of our better players today.

Typical Coogar. Always looking for who to hing the blame on... Valencia even gave us a hint of threat at least, otherwise why else did they keep passing the ball to that side of the field?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 2:59pm On Aug 30, 2014
coogar:

valencia was shyte - abeg!
i think van gaal should put young on the right flank where he can cross straight with his right foot. we needed his sweet crosses on the right today - valencia has the intelligence of a louse!
Thank God Rafael will be back 4m Injury soon..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 30, 2014
Nihilist: Is LVG still better than Moyes? grin

The ninjas here keep dodging this question - I've noticed.

Moyes would surely have Kendrick Lamar's Poetic Justice on repeat cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 3:00pm On Aug 30, 2014
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 3:01pm On Aug 30, 2014
AirborneLacer:

The ninjas here keep dodging this question - I've noticed.

Moyes would surely have Kendrick Lamar's Poetic Justice on repeat cheesy grin

Hahaha

Manyoo living life in the margins,

And this metaphor is proof grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 30, 2014
`Mehn, the person wey dey do Manyoo don die.
Anyways, good news, people... You guys kept a clean sheet today.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 3:02pm On Aug 30, 2014
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 3:04pm On Aug 30, 2014
And yes, blame it ALL on LVG...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 3:05pm On Aug 30, 2014
Evans has lost confidence on the Pitch....

Dnt knw what to say concerning the Two strikers upfront
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:06pm On Aug 30, 2014
Rooney's wages should be slashed to 150k. He keeps putting in performance like this week in week out. Ooutta d attackers only DiiMaria showed any enthusiasm today, he created more than 2 chances in the first half alone. The rest were just going through the motions- lose or draw. Valencia is *I;m speechless*..dude should go back to Wigan already. Mofo. Phool.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 30, 2014
Them running after Vidal, when Song was available.. Choii ManU.. Na U be this??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 3:13pm On Aug 30, 2014
"I'm not too sure what position he is
going to play in," Scholes told BT Spo
when asked where Blind - primarily
used as a left wing-back for the
Netherlands - would fit in. "I don't think he is strong enough fo
a left-back in England.

"And the only place we can seem to
get him into the team in central
midfield. He's a very good footballer
but is he the answer?

We will wait an see. "We don't really know what position he is.

United are not in a position no
to be taking risks. "They need proper central midfield
players.

They obviously haven't fancied them or haven't been able to get them.
"I think he's a really good footballer
but is he a central midfielder?"

www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2014/08/30/5070278/scholes-questions-daley-blinds-manchester-united-move

Paul Scholes on Daley Blind
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 30, 2014
Saw this somewhere...
I died of laughter, resurrected, and died of laughter all over again. grin

01emek: Useless Van Gaal... Na to they carry book like person way get carry-over for Kano Poly na him you sabi.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TopWinner(m): 3:16pm On Aug 30, 2014
We'll be back! Hopefully,when our key players return after the Int'l break! #BelieveMUFC... Like if you believe!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:20pm On Aug 30, 2014
Rooney+RVP+Mata have lost us more points than they have won since playing together. Rooney and RVP can't keep the ball. Mata can keep the ball but cannot travel with it. Only one or two should start for us. Infact one of them should be sold latest January is they can't lift their game and ge their acts together once we have a stable defence and midfield.

One observation, we have too few men behind the ball. It has been like that from last season, and it got worse with 3-5-2. When our defence have the ball, there are about four opponents lurking around to take a swift advantage of any mistakes.

if we got a solid backline and midfield, our forward play would be better. We have a lot of men who aren't comfortable on the ball.

The third match in a row now we are being robbed of penalties. Young was clearly fouled today.

Whether we are rebuilding or not, we ought to win these kind of fixtures we are losing points. Too bad Di Maria has injury concern.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:20pm On Aug 30, 2014
RuuDie:

Typical Coogar. Always looking for who to hing the blame on... Valencia even gave us a hint of threat at least, otherwise why else did they keep passing the ball to that side of the field?

because the major route of attack in the premier league in the last 21 years have been through the right flank.

if a cross gets intercepted in the box, then there's no blame. however, when someone's crosses always get blocked from 2-3 yards then you have to blame the crosser.

valencia is simply hopeless!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pickabeau1: 3:21pm On Aug 30, 2014
capricornian:
I know and understand our fears as fans but let us give LVG a chance to prove himmself. Something tells me he'll come right startinng from our next game.

At least we are buying players under him

Hahahahaha....

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Keky(m): 3:21pm On Aug 30, 2014
Brendan Rodgers warned him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Keky(m): 3:25pm On Aug 30, 2014
They said the lack of champions league football will make it easier for them to challenge the title.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Belovedd: 3:26pm On Aug 30, 2014
Keky: Brendan Rodgers warned him.
And.... He's new to d EPL...Give him time, Moyes on d other hand has been here 11 yrs and counting. Not fair to compare them
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Belovedd: 3:28pm On Aug 30, 2014
Keky: They said the lack of champions league football will make it easier for them to challenge the title.
If after 10 games there's no improvement then you've earned your mocking right
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Keky(m): 3:28pm On Aug 30, 2014
HOW CAN YOU NOT SCORE AGAINST BURNLEY I just dont get it, you have fucking Wayne Rooney.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 3:28pm On Aug 30, 2014
RuuDie: And yes, blame it ALL on LVG...
I wouldn't blame anything on him yet, till after the international break. hopefully, we will resume with a fitter squad & better options. its not difficult to point fingers at the manager, but when players show little commitment to the cause like Rooney, van Persie, Mata & Fletcher; and the others play with little or no intelligence like Valencia, Evans, Young & Jones to a lesser extent: there's little the manager can do looking @ options available as at this moment.

having said that, my gripe with him to this point, is insisting on the 3-5-2 when we don't yet have the personnel at the back & in the middle, to make it work! I respect his decision if this formation is what he wants to build upon primarily (he used it really well in a tourney as big as the world cup), but surely he'll be a f-o-o-l not to consider reinforcing the middle @ least... with naturals cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Keky(m): 3:30pm On Aug 30, 2014
Belovedd:
And.... He's new to d EPL...Give him time, Moyes on d other hand has been here 11 yrs and counting. Not fair to compare them
Pellegrini, Pochettino, Mancini?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 3:33pm On Aug 30, 2014
elampiro: Rooney+RVP+Mata have lost us more points than they have won since playing together. Rooney and RVP can't keep the ball. Mata can keep the ball but cannot travel with it. Only one or two should start for us. Infact one of them should be sold latest January is they can't lift their game and ge their acts together once we have a stable defence and midfield.

One observation, we have too few men behind the ball. It has been like that from last season, and it got worse with 3-5-2. When our defence have the ball, there are about four opponents lurking around to take a swift advantage of any mistakes.

if we got a solid backline and midfield, our forward play would be better. We have a lot of men who aren't comfortable on the ball.

The third match in a row now we are being robbed of penalties. Young was clearly fouled today.

Whether we are rebuilding or not, we ought to win these kind of fixtures we are losing points. Too bad Di Maria has injury concern.

I am with you on this one. With Rooney,Mata and RVP we have too many "passengers" in the team and not enough movement,pace and energy up front..
I would like us to drop EITHER Rooney or RVP, play Mata behind the one stiker and revert to a 4-2-3-1 before its too late.

ONE THING IS CLEAR IF THIS 3-5-2 WILL EVER WORK IT WOULD TAKE LIKE 3-4 MONTHS AND BY THAT TIME WE WOULD HAVE LOST 30-40 POINTS
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by McIrx: 3:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
This is becoming frustrating.The sheer number of individual error is ridiculous.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Belovedd: 3:39pm On Aug 30, 2014
Keky: Pellegrini, Pochettino, Mancini?
With 16 major members of the squad unavailable? If you must analyse.....do it without bias. like I said, Judge him when his squad is complete.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:44pm On Aug 30, 2014
SailorXY, how can you possibly blame Jones
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:46pm On Aug 30, 2014
... Are they now sayng Blind was a wrong buy? So why was I celebrating?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Keky(m): 3:49pm On Aug 30, 2014
Bleep y'all blaming injuries for manU's poor form.....Wenger has suffered injuries for 9years and none of you cut him any slack.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 3:50pm On Aug 30, 2014
elampiro: SailorXY, how can you possibly blame Jones
I'm.not blaming him per say, but his game need refinements. that early needless free-kick he conceded before the second minute could have cost us the game
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 4:10pm On Aug 30, 2014
443, 4231 and 442 didn't work last season either. It's not the system, it's the players. Too many long balls, too many touches, too many players failing to play a one touch game. Too many individual errors. There's need to move the ball quicker. It's a technical thing, it's not the system

(1) (2) (3) ... (947) (948) (949) (950) (951) (952) (953) ... (14138) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: AdisaOwala and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.