Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box (6629 Views)

How Linda Ikeji Open Up The Pandora's Box / Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year / Jonathan Rules Out Sovereign National Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by auwal87(m): 5:23pm On Feb 15, 2012
DailyTrust
Written by Sanusi Abubakar
Tuesday, 14 February 2012

The patently mischievous idea of a Sovereign National Conference had never appealed to me, if only because its originators have never disguised the intent and anticipated outcome. The dominant narrative that has been imposed by the media, and the mostly southern elite, has been that the north is Nigeria’s problem and it is time that it is brought to its senses by southerners taking control of their resources (particularly oil) and, if the north resists “major political changes” then it would be preferable for all of us to go our separate ways. From MASSOB, to the Niger Delta “militants”, to the NADECO/OPC and their intellectuals, that has been the threat and the promise. I had complained on several occasions in my column about the underlining threats and assumptions that only the north will suffer from the dismembering of this nation.

Several factors have now emerged to make me a convert to the idea of a national conference, ethnic, sovereign, or of whatever type. One factor is that the agitation for such a conference to restructure Nigeria will not go away. Indeed, it is getting more belligerent and even more abusive by the day. Even supposedly learned and civilized people are getting nasty, implying that north will somehow cease to exist as a viable and sustainable entity once “true federalism” is in place. It is time to call this bluff.

Secondly, several sections of the country have made it plain that they are perfecting their secession plans. Not just the usual “actualisation-of-Biafra” threats, or the south-west and OPC plans and “national anthem” (which was said to have been delayed only by Obasanjo’s manoeuvres.) No, things are looking scarier; even the current regime of President Goodluck Jonathan seems to be acting out an “open-secret” agenda in favour of the eventual emergence of a Niger Delta Republic of sorts. I hope I am wrong, but I’d rather believe concrete signs than hope people are what they appear to be. Thirdly, by the President’s financial and other acts and policies, the he seems to think that all Nigeria’s resources belong to his people anyway, so a vast majority of the federation’s budget should be diverted there, in addition to their normal Statutory Allocations, NDDC, and the Amnesty Program and so on. Per capita, the Niger Delta receives more than all of us, even if we ignore what they get from illegal bunkering, juicy contracts and oil companies’ allocations to producing communities and warlords.

Even together, these three reasons would not have converted me to a latter-day supporter of a National Conference. Politics has always meant contests and contestations, and no amount of pressure would make a people support an unpopular idea for long. Insults are the resort of the scoundrels. Threats to the north? Well, let us see if really the north cannot survive without oil and gas. A feeling of anger due to unjust distribution of our collective resources, perhaps that? Even then, that too has been with us for a while. All these would not have been sufficient to convince me that a National Conference of a fundamental type, capable, if badly handled, of scattering this political entity called Nigeria, is a risk worth taking. However, after several discussions with associates and friends, and even political mavericks, I believe it is time to talk, and everything should be put on the table.

We have outlived the current arrangements; political and administrative structures are not working. Indeed, they are counter-productive. It is time we consider alternatives.

Let us start with our people. Not long ago they lived mostly in villages, tend to their farms and or rear their animals, and follow their chiefs or clan heads. Times have changed. Most have moved to cities and big towns, are semi-employed or lack jobs, and live among strangers. Their problems are looking intractable. These range from basic education for their kids, decent healthcare for the families, unemployment, poor housing and sanitation, mounting refuse and increasing insecurity, lack of water all in the face of little or no political power. The local government chairmen, governors and others, who should be representing them, don’t give a hoot about them because they generally do not pay taxes. Relying almost totally on Statutory Allocations or grants, these leaders do not rely on the people. So the first thing to do is to end this “manna from Abuja” originating from oil and gas revenues. People should pay for governance; if you are in power because of the taxes they pay, you are bound to respect their wishes or they get rid of you, and elect someone else. So creating a system based on a central body funding some self-serving elite is actually not in the people’s interest.

Unlike the lies being peddled around, every section of this country can survive on its own. Let all sections control everything they have and give the centre only what is due to it according to some mutual agreements. Every state has land (for housing, agriculture and infrastructure), minerals, water, air space, radio spectrum and, most important, people. We can mutually resolve who can live where, own or have access to what. Diplomatic, international agreements, boundaries, maritime, territorial waters, armed forces, currency and postal services issues can be left to the Federal Government, but any other thing should be on the table. Each community should stand on its resources. This way, all those looking for easy money from politics would find that they have to quit public service. Only people who can discover, develop and utilize the resources of a state need apply.

There will be problems no doubt. What is to stop a state from asking all non-indigenes to quit and go back to their respective original homes? What do you do with multi-ethnic families, if those seen as “parasitic” states think they should go it alone? Who told the Lagos, Ogun or Aba businessmen that their industrial products would not be subject to additional taxes in the hinterland? State police, yes, but armed forces, diplomatic, and central bank representation would then be strictly by (equal?) quota. Even who can sell what, where and how may end up being subject to state laws. And the list goes on.

The biggest risk may end up being that those asking for Sovereign National Conference, with whom I have now added my name, may end up not happy with the genie they are letting out of the bottle. That is even if we assume we can easily resolve this fiction of “sovereign ethnicities” to start with. Let us humour them by agreeing that each ethnic nationality, however defined, would have one representative. Let us assume that the Hausa, Fulani, Nupe, Kanuri, Tiv, Idoma, Igala, Ebira, Yoruba, Igbo, and Edo have one delegate each, making 10 in all. Would these 10 succumb to any agreement forced on them because about 350 other groups, who probably have less than 20 million all together, are united on it? Would they not veto it? All modern democracies are, after all is said and done, based on population.

Let us know what we are asking for, and be ready to live with whatever is left after opening the Pandora’s Box. Nobody is afraid of talking. Keep the oil to yourselves; let us resolve all other issues. It is about time that some people realise what political realities are and how far they can go with their pet ideas.

Source
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by auwal87(m): 5:32pm On Feb 15, 2012
The responses were appealing too grin

Muhammad197
This writer has outrightly spoken what is in my mind. What is of benefit to live in a country where everybody's wish is to grab the piece of 'cake' instead of developing the nation? This oil is benefitting only some few elites and they are willing to die for it, they should die for all we know now is we don't need them. Arewa is blessed with abundant natural resources, rivers, food. We are ready to go, if you are saying we cannot survive then you cannot see all that God has blessed us with, you only see oil as a blessing. Let us give thanks to Allah and go our separate ways with dignity.

yusuf ABUBAKAR
Its about time we talk.Rather i am an advocate of total separation.Those with oil know that oil is finishing soon.Before oil these snc advocates were fed with North"s resources.Now they vehemently deny ever enjoying anything from the zone.The huge potential of the north,agric,sol lid minerals,and huge hydrocarbon deposit is enough for us to live with dignity.Southerners want resource control to continue buying agric products for almost free ie same currency and continue to dominate our markets,with fake and sub-standard goods.Comrades lets be realistic.Almost half of sabon gari market in Kano is dominated by Igbos,but in Aba market no single shop was leased to Hausa people.If these peolple are not happy with this arrangement,let us go our separate ways,so that any body from abia state will compete with a Chinese for a shop in the market.Who will you favour to get a shop in your country,an Igbo or a Chinese?

Muhd Usman
The core north should not be afraid of SNC. I am convinced that it is best way to address the multidimensiona l problems of contemporary Nigeria. It is the northern leadership (ex-army officers and political office holders) who exploit the commoners from the region that are afraid of the SNC. The ordinary northerners are not benefiting from the oil wealth as they should, because of the greed and selfishness of their leaders. SNC will enable the north to check the excesses of the leaders and plan for a brighter future considering the untapped natural and human resources in the region. It will the end of laziness among the people as well. So let us go for SNC.

Aminu145
I wonder "why keep marrying a woman/man that doesn't love (or want to live with) you any longer?" Insisting, alone, in sustaining the marriage is simply calling for an inevitable disaster. At the moment, more or less only the Muslim north believes in unity of Nigeria while other sections look upon them as parasites. The fact is some people seem to hate anything good to come the way of other 'alien' people; they are ready to oppose anything the 'aliens' want or need. We cant continue to live this way. I believe we should consider peaceful separation before it gets to bloodshed. Let whatever regions/sections emerge out of the current Nigeria have clean sheets and decide for themselves what to do. If we do this we will have a better chance of living peacefully as neighbours otherwise we will still separate and continue to be at war with each other. God forbid.

Suleiman, Bauchi
Truly its time the major opposition to the SNC, Northern elite remember that we the Northern masses are for SNC. When the worse comes to worst its far better to live in poverty with dignity than otherwise. We r simply tired of the insults. By the way apart from landlockness, which we can live with, Northern Nigeria with a good leadership can thrive . The only 'doctrine of settled issue' we accept is for us to be respected. Let start the conference.

Engr Ahmed
Oh yes, let there b SNC atleat we can realized our potential, here are my proposals in advance, lets leapfroggs from the poison and threat our life time caused by fossil fuels (global warming). we can go into the future of world's energy (Algae fuel). Algal fuels' do not affect fresh water resources, can be produced using ocean and wastewater, and are biodegradable and relatively harmless to the environment if spilled. it yield 10-100 times more energy per unit area than other second-generation biofuel crops. Algae can produce more oil in an area the size of a two car garage than a football field of soybeans, because almost the entire algal organism can use sunlight to produce lipids, or oil. As for Northern Nigeria, we have abundant land, sun, to mention but few. All we needs is patriotism determination and good policies. We can have a good strategy for agriculture, mining and of course algae fuel and waits to see the outcomes in 10-15 years.

Maryam
I'm in total support. Let them keep their oil.We are tired of z insults. I'm sure wzout z oil money we ll be better off both morally and economically.Since oil will finish sooner or later it is better we be on our marks right from now,b4 z d day!

Ahmadi
Its high time to call kettle black. We're tired of wit ol dis unnecessary insults to north. Let us assemble n redefine our continual co-existance. We shal c hu'l going to suffer most.

BB Dan
Mallam Sanusi, you are welcome on board. I am glad our number is increasing by the day. I believe things as ordinary as transportation of live animals aginst international standards should also be on the table. Having sold our common heritage to themselves, we shall discuss on how businesses can operate and where. Who qualifies to work in which place. The last statistics shows that only 27% Northerners work in Banks operating in NOrthern NIgeria. The monthly allocations to Bayelsa, Rivers, A/ibom and Delta is higher than the allocations of the entire Northern States. National Sovereign conference has become imperative.
B.B. Dangora, Kano

Muhammad Zaria
I quiet agree with you Mal Sunusi, we will see if those who thinks we the northerners are parasites will control their oil and at the same time control our jobs spaces in the north, our lands which they gets very free even though we don't enjoyed the same privileges in their own lands, we will see if the federal govt jobs positions they occupy in their own land and came here to the north and dominates us in the name of federal Nigeria will be feasible. We will also see if their own children,having dominates their institutions will as well think of coming to the north to dominates our spaces in our institutions here in the north as is currently obtainable. So let the music play on we are watching we are not fools.

Yunusa M. Abubakar
You have eloquently de-mystified the fiction called 'sovereign conference' and the macabre dance of its proponents.This is an illuminating discourse.Keep the 'flame' burning!

Danladi Tal
It gladdens my heart when my brothers in the north are calling the bluff of advocates of the SNC. I'm tired of being called a parasite. This oil has always been a poison to any country that owns it. The whole Middle East has no peace because of this poison (crude oil). The Boko Haram insurgence is partly because of the poison. The north has allowed this 'national conference' thing to drag for a long time; and the rest of the country believe rightly or wrongly that we're afraid of it. Pleae let's have this conference!
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by 9jaIhail(m): 9:09pm On Feb 15, 2012
Bring it on baby, is long over due
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by emmke(m): 11:47pm On Feb 15, 2012
better to be poor and still retain ur dignity and honour than to be constantly insulted just so u can have some bread
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by auwal87(m): 11:55pm On Feb 15, 2012
emmke:

better to be poor and still retain ur dignity and honour than to be constantly insulted just so u can have some bread

exactly! finally, we are waking up!
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by Kilode1: 12:05am On Feb 16, 2012
Ok so who are the people stopping these "talks" then?

PDP?

Oil companies

Chop clean mouth politicians ?

Who?
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by houvest: 12:13am On Feb 16, 2012
Praise the Lord. Halleluyah.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by auwal87(m): 12:41am On Feb 16, 2012
Kilode?!:

Ok so who are the people stopping these "talks" then?

PDP?

Oil companies

Chop clean mouth politicians ?

Who?

All of the above!
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by auwal87(m): 12:42am On Feb 16, 2012
houvest:

Praise the Lord. Halleluyah.

Louder!! HALLELUYAH!

grin
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by houvest: 2:22pm On Feb 16, 2012
Smash the box already and let pandora out. Do not open it gently.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by asoderock(m): 2:51pm On Feb 16, 2012
The North is parasitic and will continue to opposes SNC. If OP is a sincere Pro SNC, I challenge him to direct his mssg to Northern political and religious elites.
The North is scared to shit at the prospect of living without Niger Deltan oil money
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by phreakabit(m): 3:02pm On Feb 16, 2012
auwal87:

The responses were appealing too grin

Muhammad197
This writer has outrightly spoken what is in my mind. What is of benefit to live in a country where everybody's wish is to grab the piece of 'cake' instead of developing the nation? This oil is benefitting only some few elites and they are willing to die for it, they should die for all we know now is we don't need them. Arewa is blessed with abundant natural resources, rivers, food. We are ready to go, if you are saying we cannot survive then you cannot see all that God has blessed us with, you only see oil as a blessing. Let us give thanks to Allah and go our separate ways with dignity.

yusuf ABUBAKAR
Its about time we talk.Rather i am an advocate of total separation.Those with oil know that oil is finishing soon.Before oil these snc advocates were fed with North"s resources.Now they vehemently deny ever enjoying anything from the zone.The huge potential of the north,agric,sol lid minerals,and huge hydrocarbon deposit is enough for us to live with dignity.Southerners want resource control to continue buying agric products for almost free ie same currency and continue to dominate our markets,with fake and sub-standard goods.Comrades lets be realistic.Almost half of sabon gari market in Kano is dominated by Igbos,but in Aba market no single shop was leased to Hausa people.If these peolple are not happy with this arrangement,let us go our separate ways,so that any body from abia state will compete with a Chinese for a shop in the market.Who will you favour to get a shop in your country,an Igbo or a Chinese?

Muhd Usman
The core north should not be afraid of SNC. I am convinced that it is best way to address the multidimensiona l problems of contemporary Nigeria. It is the northern leadership (ex-army officers and political office holders) who exploit the commoners from the region that are afraid of the SNC. The ordinary northerners are not benefiting from the oil wealth as they should, because of the greed and selfishness of their leaders. SNC will enable the north to check the excesses of the leaders and plan for a brighter future considering the untapped natural and human resources in the region. It will the end of laziness among the people as well. So let us go for SNC.

Aminu145
I wonder "why keep marrying a woman/man that doesn't love (or want to live with) you any longer?" Insisting, alone, in sustaining the marriage is simply calling for an inevitable disaster. At the moment, more or less only the Muslim north believes in unity of Nigeria while other sections look upon them as parasites. The fact is some people seem to hate anything good to come the way of other 'alien' people; they are ready to oppose anything the 'aliens' want or need. We cant continue to live this way. I believe we should consider peaceful separation before it gets to bloodshed. Let whatever regions/sections emerge out of the current Nigeria have clean sheets and decide for themselves what to do. If we do this we will have a better chance of living peacefully as neighbours otherwise we will still separate and continue to be at war with each other. God forbid.

Suleiman, Bauchi
Truly its time the major opposition to the SNC, Northern elite remember that we the Northern masses are for SNC. When the worse comes to worst its far better to live in poverty with dignity than otherwise. We r simply tired of the insults. By the way apart from landlockness, which we can live with, Northern Nigeria with a good leadership can thrive . The only 'doctrine of settled issue' we accept is for us to be respected. Let start the conference.

Engr Ahmed
Oh yes, let there b SNC atleat we can realized our potential, here are my proposals in advance, lets leapfroggs from the poison and threat our life time caused by fossil fuels (global warming). we can go into the future of world's energy (Algae fuel). Algal fuels' do not affect fresh water resources, can be produced using ocean and wastewater, and are biodegradable and relatively harmless to the environment if spilled. it yield 10-100 times more energy per unit area than other second-generation biofuel crops. Algae can produce more oil in an area the size of a two car garage than a football field of soybeans, because almost the entire algal organism can use sunlight to produce lipids, or oil. As for Northern Nigeria, we have abundant land, sun, to mention but few. All we needs is patriotism determination and good policies. We can have a good strategy for agriculture, mining and of course algae fuel and waits to see the outcomes in 10-15 years.

Maryam
I'm in total support. Let them keep their oil.We are tired of z insults. I'm sure wzout z oil money we ll be better off both morally and economically.Since oil will finish sooner or later it is better we be on our marks right from now,b4 z d day!

Ahmadi
Its high time to call kettle black. We're tired of wit ol dis unnecessary insults to north. Let us assemble n redefine our continual co-existance. We shal c hu'l going to suffer most.

BB Dan
Mallam Sanusi, you are welcome on board. I am glad our number is increasing by the day. I believe things as ordinary as transportation of live animals aginst international standards should also be on the table. Having sold our common heritage to themselves, we shall discuss on how businesses can operate and where. Who qualifies to work in which place. The last statistics shows that only 27% Northerners work in Banks operating in NOrthern NIgeria. The monthly allocations to Bayelsa, Rivers, A/ibom and Delta is higher than the allocations of the entire Northern States. National Sovereign conference has become imperative.
B.B. Dangora, Kano

Muhammad Zaria
I quiet agree with you Mal Sunusi, we will see if those who thinks we the northerners are parasites will control their oil and at the same time control our jobs spaces in the north, our lands which they gets very free even though we don't enjoyed the same privileges in their own lands, we will see if the federal govt jobs positions they occupy in their own land and came here to the north and dominates us in the name of federal Nigeria will be feasible. We will also see if their own children,having dominates their institutions will as well think of coming to the north to dominates our spaces in our institutions here in the north as is currently obtainable. So let the music play on we are watching we are not fools.

Yunusa M. Abubakar
You have eloquently de-mystified the fiction called 'sovereign conference' and the macabre dance of its proponents.This is an illuminating discourse.Keep the 'flame' burning!

Danladi Tal
It gladdens my heart when my brothers in the north are calling the bluff of advocates of the SNC. I'm tired of being called a parasite. This oil has always been a poison to any country that owns it. The whole Middle East has no peace because of this poison (crude oil). The Boko Haram insurgence is partly because of the poison. The north has allowed this 'national conference' thing to drag for a long time; and the rest of the country believe rightly or wrongly that we're afraid of it. Pleae let's have this conference!

[size=15pt]
Take a look at the quote above. Notice how theres a pattern with the names of the repliers . . . . . Tell me you don't see what is happening here![/size]
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by ayodele123(m): 3:12pm On Feb 16, 2012
The FGN is only postponing the day the Pandora's box will be opened.
It must be opened someday.
History will surely repeat itself.
If it does not repeat itself, there will be no history to learn in school.
With the tragic and disgraceful end of Moammar Ghaddafi, another African President is bent on seeking re-election after 33 years in office! History will alwayz repeat itself.
The failure of the French Government in the 17th century to constitute the Estates Generale to discuss the problems of the economy was what led to the French Revolution in 1789 which shook the whole of Europe for 25 years during which many of the European Monarchs lost their thrones.
History will repeat itself else, there will be no history to learn in school.
Ghaddafi refused to open the Pandora's box in peace but his country men forcefully opened it as the French did in 1789.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by shehu50(m): 3:14pm On Feb 16, 2012
Auwal whats the big deal about nigeria splitting up?if we cant stay together what is the essence of forcing us to stay together and accepting things that are not comfortable to one part of the country?no if from the discussion we discover that it is splitting that bring lasting solution to the "problemof nigeria"then so be it.lets look at it on a brighter side the splitting of nigeria would make other parts thing of alternative means of survival which in turn would bring about development to those regions as they try to attain that objective.there would be more jobs available to the people of each region e.t.c
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by itsme2(m): 3:23pm On Feb 16, 2012
@op Funny write-up there, it seems to me that d writer of ds article is tryin so hard 2 convince even himself, seriously, pretending to support d SNC by 'advertisin' its consequences or aftermath so to speak, which is wat anti-SNC agitators do best nowadays is highly laughable or do they think d people dat came up wit d idea of an SNC havent weighd d pros nd d cons? Buh i tell u they must have knwn the former outweighs d latter.
Ps- being pro-SNC doesnt equal to being anti-NORTH.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by Kilode1: 3:25pm On Feb 16, 2012
auwal87:

All of the above!

So in essence the people benefitting from the Nigerian disorder are the ones opposing fundamental dialogue and restructuring.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by bakila: 3:27pm On Feb 16, 2012
@asoderock, the argument that the north is a parasite, is borne out of a very poor knowledge of the north or from those who just left thier villages for Abuja. A part of the country that produces suya, meat, cereals, yam, paper, fish, beans, groundnut and a large market for other to trade and take the share of the norths oil allocation cannot be called parasite.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 16, 2012
SO what the fvck are we waiting for? Split the damn cake country now
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by chyseth(m): 3:34pm On Feb 16, 2012
this is one of the few well written articles i have read this year, most especially from the corner i least expected it. come to think of it, the prediction by Goldman Sachs that Nigeria will not survive 2015 looks real , considering the fact that some of these Northern people are also nurturing the same idea. After watching the video of the police man that just died in kaduna and many more of such   lives that have been wasted. i totally support the motion. let the SNC ceremony begin angry
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by onojiwizardgmailcom(m): 3:38pm On Feb 16, 2012
Whose fault is it then, is it not the fault of our past northern military leaders, whom do want the southeners to blame, when our leader in the north choose to use violence to protect their pocket, where were you when the so called Northern elders said they will make nigeria ungovernable for GEJ. Let me tell you untill we move toward physical federalism we the notherners will never go back to what we know how to do best which is agric, we could feed the nation and bring the oil money from the south back to our region, because they will have to come buy cattles, yam, cassava and other food items from us, and then all this blame game will end it even the only way we can move this country forward an end to a centralised government and a move toward a weak central government and a strong regional government like our founding fathers had it planned not the currupt system we have today
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by asoderock(m): 3:44pm On Feb 16, 2012
bakila:

@asoderock, the argument that the north is a parasite, is borne out of a very poor knowledge of the north or from those  who just left thier villages for Abuja. A part of the country that produces suya, meat, cereals, yam, paper, fish, beans, groundnut and a large market for other to trade and take the share of the norths oil allocation cannot be called parasite.    
So why re only the Northeners  like Elrufai, IBB, David Mark etc making noise over the place, insisting that the unity of the country must be maintained if not for parasitism, or do they genuinely believe in united Nigeria?. If u re really serious like I said before convey ur mssg to ur elites, or better still mobilise northern youths to publicly make their pro SNC know. But I bet u won't do that.
The North can't just imagine existing without Delta oil.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by nagoma(m): 4:05pm On Feb 16, 2012
@asoderock

You have to believe me that we hate being with you and separation must come very soon. This is a sample of some of my postings on Nairaland very recently . I and many of my collegues are organizing a front for separation and we want the southerners to join or at least intensify their efforts at separtion. No need for SNC , it will be a waste of time. the president GEJ should form a separation committeee and give the final date of this superficial togetherness so that we can start working towards it. Jona will earn my respect if he does that and he will go down in history as actually having done something other his siddon look image. Another option is to have a referendum.I am sure we the separatists are the majority and it will be a landslide victory for separation.

Please note that the following 7 0r 8 postings are my replies to different people in several forums on NL.

[size=12[b][/b]pt][/size]SNC they believe is the quickest way to dismantle Nigeria. Dismantling the coutry is what the CAN leader Pastor sees as his most important assignment obviously for resource control, or resource denial to those citizens who live very far from where the resource was discovered. Although citizens of the country , they are considered much less entitled to even the meager share their governors receive on their behalf now. There is no need for such a conference, all we need is a committee to draw the boarders and fix a date for the separation. In all honesty I am sick and tired of being in the same country with the southerners for many reasons.
@Sam_Ikena

You and me have agreed on the need to separate and I am happy with that agreement and actually hope others will on both sides will agree with us. Where we differ is that you see things more towards civil war and lack of acceptance of easterners after the war. I see that point as an exaggeration and a relative recent hype and means to an end. Wars have been faught in Europe , in America and all over the world, we know the conditions placed on less successful sides after wars - Germany, Japan, Turkey, Russia at some stage and we know how magnanimous and brotherly the post war leaders especially Gowon and Shagari have been. Of course we all Nigerians are burdened with attitudinal problems which we pretend does not exist or doesn't come from " my ethnic group" but frm others. I have lost relatives and known people to Boko Haram , my extended family live in fear and prayer every single day and hope the the leadership will curve the BH disaster. The BH in their totally misguided terror attacks announces that they focus the security services and non Muslims. In real sense everybody is a target. Instead of all of us seeing it as a national security problem for which the government needs help from all ; some insist they are related to the disaster as victims only and as the only victims. All these have been exhaustively discussed , I can't do any better but the central point is oil and resource restriction by sharing only among fewer people ( perhaps certain radius from the oil wells) I personally accept this. It is not worth the trouble. Let's have the work of separation started. SNC is a waste of time. Ikene plead remember also that the hundreds of thousands of soldiers from the federal side of the war came from families - mothers, fathers ,brothers and sisters who were told that their scarifies was for the unity of Nigeria. I hope we can speed up the separation process.

@DaLover

I am personally tired of all that argument about what is under your house belongs to you and no other person in the country should have any share of it. I am fully in tune with the CAN leader let us divide the country and there will be no argument. Please intensify your campaign. I will do my best on the northern side. I am truly and sincerely sick and tired of living in the same country with the southerners.
Forums / Politics / Re: Oritsejafor Backs Call For SNC

The reason why people think of common wealth and formulas for equity, taking derivation, environment and other issues into consideration is because we are all citizens of the same country. If the ijaw nation at independence refused to accept independence together with other parts of Nigeria or decided to negotiate with or to fight with the British for its own independence. It would have been a different ball game. No body would expect a share of resource from another country. But the ijaws, the Igbos and all worked together with all of us to claim independence from Britain as a single country. Now they are crying about "their” resources. I will be much happier if we have nothing to do with these people and everybody goes his way. Poverty like wealth is a transitional state and neither permanent nor unattainable. But we must separate.

21 Forums / Politics / Re: Oritsejafor Backs Call For SNC

@Da Lover

Are you saying that ijaws farm and northerners don't ? Can you tell me the type of crops the ijaws excel in producing. I am glad about our agreement on separation but you carefully avoided what constitute a nation and where a nations wealth starts from a sectional wealth. You can of course check what they do in 20 or so other oil producing countries and many other mineral producing countries. You will not do that I am sure  as this will expose to you , the true reason for agitation for separation. As for me is to know that i have nothin to do with certain people and the sooner the better. I want GEJ to accept and hasten the separation- you guys will of course take him (Jona)with you.he is yours . A siddon look president will at least have one point to his credit- the man who supervised the disintegration of Nigeria.
4 Forums / Politics / Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation

@9ja voice
I am surprised you called this an evil intention! I am not surprised you avoided mentioning all the previous "social responsibility donations" by CBN in Soludo 's time including the ones to EFCC and to senate committee on banks and of course to universities in the south. As to departure of your people from kano, I have no objection. After all they came out of choice and they can go anytime they want, except they are actually saying they have no future in the east;

economicconfidential.net/news/national-news/910-Igbo-businessmen refuse to relocate.

Let me tell you my opinion. I want to see a divided Nigeria . No need for SNC , the president GEJ will have some relevance and my respect if he has the courage to constitute a committee to demarcate boarders and fix a date of separation. We have had enough of each other.
Forums / Politics / Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation

@ja voice

We are in agreement, I will continue praying for that day. I have been thinking about it for years even before BH. The crimes the violence and the hatred. Please if you have access to your brother the president , let him consider this seriously. That is what we want; separation and we are all behind him and it will be peaceful in sha Allah
Forums / Politics / Re: Cbn Explains Kano Donation

@road Star

Even after we separate ( and I hope and pray it will happen very very soon - amen) we will have to deal with BH. We have no real president to deal with them now. When we sort the problem out You will then know whether they speak for us or not. I want you just like your brother Even after we separate ( and I hope and pray it will happen very very soon - amen) 9 ja voice to be in the same group with me - those who want separation urgently. ( TWWSU) . You said the Igbos are clear in their minds and ready , I am happy with that although they said the are not leaving kano. See link I gave above. I am sure you guys will sort it out in the most friendly manner,
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by bakila: 4:29pm On Feb 16, 2012
onojiwizard@gmail.com:

Whose fault is it then, is it not the fault of our past northern military leaders, whom do want the southeners to blame, when our leader in the north choose to use violence to protect their pocket, where were you when the so called Northern elders said they will make nigeria ungovernable for GEJ. Let me tell you untill we move toward physical federalism we the notherners will never go back to what we know how to do best which is agric, we could feed the nation and bring the oil money from the south back to our region, because they will have to come buy cattles, yam, cassava and other food items from us, and then all this blame game will end it even the only way we can move this country forward an end to a centralised government and a move toward a weak central government and a strong regional government like our founding fathers had it planned not the currupt system we have today
A certian Nzeagwu, Ifejiena, Okoro and Ojukwu rape and murdered our democracy. I think only an Adefope and Salisu ibrahim had aversion to military officers taking up civil/democratic offices. Ukiwu, Madueke, Obi, Igboama, Oneya, Nwachukwu, Ogbomudia, Johnson, oyahkhire were governors without elections. They all enjoyed may be you did. The issue at stake is more than tribe or anyone of us. We either abuse ourself under usernames or discuss honestly with our fathers name at the appropriate time.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by bakila: 4:46pm On Feb 16, 2012
ayodele123:

The FGN is only postponing the day the Pandora's box will be opened.
It must be opened someday.
History will surely repeat itself.
If it does not repeat itself, there will be no history to learn in school.
With the tragic and disgraceful end of Moammar Ghaddafi, another African President is bent on seeking re-election after 33 years in office! History will alwayz repeat itself.
The failure of the French Government in the 17th century to constitute the Estates Generale to discuss the problems of the economy was what led to the French Revolution in 1789 which shook the whole of Europe for 25 years during which many of the European Monarchs lost their thrones.
History will repeat itself else, there will be no history to learn in school.
Ghaddafi refused to open the Pandora's box in peace but his country men forcefully opened it as the French did in 1789.
No the Estate General was called, it was the precusor of the revolution because of "smartness" of the Third estate. We hope our SNC it own "JACQUIS NECKER, CHARLES LOUIS FRANCIOS DEPAULE DE BARENTINE, HONORE MIRABEAU, ABBE SIEYES COMPLETE WITH HOTEL DES MENUS DE PLASIRS" Damn no more free money for politician when the Oil people keep thier money. I tell you its not only the north that wil hear wen. All the disrespectful bigots that call fishermen names will queue in fronts of beaf house.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 16, 2012
Total sharia law and a united nigeria are mutally exclusive. So, muslims should decide if they want to be true muslims or not
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by oiseworld: 5:22pm On Feb 16, 2012
thank God. Soo we thank God the northerners are talking. They really can survive without the south and their oil. But they would need a lot of southerners at the early stage pending the time they educate their people. Dat also depends on the kind of education. Western or sharia. The latter can not survive in this present world. SNC IT IS.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by lee007(m): 5:31pm On Feb 16, 2012
All i can do from where I am currently typing this laugh out very loud, this Northerners are bunch of jokers walahi, they keep talking about insults when they have collectively insulted the communual existence of the country by thier support for violence and intolerance with thier demonic version of Islam they blindly practise? the funny thing is that even arabs dont see them as moslems and they go around playing victim and crying like babies instead of taling off almajiris out of the streets, am so happy that they have crippled thier own economy and infrstaructure, even if they make abuja thier Capital if naigeria should split its only a matter of time before they turn it to kano.

Enough of this fake 'we want national conference' the North deep down is scared of economic isolation, I dey laugh o
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by nagoma(m): 6:30pm On Feb 16, 2012
@lee007

What is the SNC for? We don't need it. Let your retardeen president prepare a timetable for separation. Let him create a boarder committee. Let us get the UN involved. North for Northerners and South for Southerners. Simple this should be completed in 18 months . By October 2013 each side can celebrate it's indepence separately. No need for further abuses and name calling. The Northern separatist movement ( NSM) Is born.  NORTH FOR NORTHERNERS SOUTH FOR SOUTHERNERS.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by Nobody: 6:35pm On Feb 16, 2012
I would feel bad for the Northerners if it wasnt a combination of their rulers that destroyed Nigeria.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by manny4life(m): 6:36pm On Feb 16, 2012
phreakabit:

[size=15pt]
Take a look at the quote above. Notice how theres a pattern with the names of the repliers . . . . . Tell me you don't see what is happening here![/size]

You beat me to it, I noticed the pattern as well, embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by bakila: 7:32pm On Feb 16, 2012
kingoflag:

I would feel bad for the Northerners if it wasnt a combination of their rulers that destroyed Nigeria.
[/quote
No, the north will be alright. The Lifestyle of whitecollar thiefs will change, I till you the will notice the resources they have, people and natural.
A lot of southerners have made fortunes from the oil money that it is thought SNC may deny them. I know you are an objective person if you look very will you will notice an Ojukwu and Azikiwe have business with Zungeru. Majiyagbe, Ayodele, Offiong, Jegede, Imhanobe, Okafor, okon, Ezeokafor have made money in the North. The Oil Money will not go north but other parts of the south too.
Re: Sovereign National Conference: Opening A Pandora’s Box by bakila: 8:01pm On Feb 16, 2012
asoderock:

So why re only the Northeners  like Elrufai, IBB, David Mark etc making noise over the place, insisting that the unity of the country must be maintained if not for parasitism, or do they genuinely believe in united Nigeria?. If u re really serious like I said before convey ur mssg to ur elites, or better still mobilise northern youths to publicly make their pro SNC know. But I bet u won't do that.
The North can't just imagine existing without Delta oil.
Why should I? When my knowlge of history told me that those things do not finish in one day. BTW, the constitution of Nigeria is still the grundnorm the bashing from Boko Haram, Uwazurike, politicothiefs, law enforcement agencies and the very essences of the SNC ntw.
Your post suggest, that the SNC is a call to ensure that the north recieve less From FAAC. MY POINT REMAINS NO PROBLEM, THE NORTH MAY WAKEUP BY THAT GIFT. They can survive without the oil money, politicians WHO will NOT OPPRESS with looted funds will adjust. You who own no oil well in you backyard will enjoy the same life like us I assure you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Biafran Passport Or Nigerian Passport, Nnamdi Kanu Uses Which? / Ten Important Things Peter Obi Did Not Tell Us On The Platform — Emeka Odionu / Why Igbo Are Not Rich – Leo Stan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.