Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! (8502 Views)

Gov. Wike Suspends Commissioner Of Works / Governor Rochas Okorocha Suspends 8 Government Officials For Corrupt Practices / Okorocha Suspends 4 Traditional Rulers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by BlackPikiN(m): 1:19am On Feb 16, 2012
Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State has directed that the salaries of the Commissioner for Finance, John Okafor, and the Permanent Secretary in the ministry, Uchenna Eche, be suspended for allegedly delaying the payment of salaries of some local government workers and teachers.

Okorocha, who also announced that his administration would begin paying N100, 000 to students of the Imo State University on Tuesday, warned that his administration would no longer tolerate sharp practices by some of his aides, who he said were in the habits of lodging the salaries of workers in the bank for an accumulated interest.

He also took a swipe at his predecessor, Ikedi Ohakim. “I inherited N100 billion debt on assumption of office,” he said. “When I assumed office, I must confess that the good projects I saw on ground were the Ahijoku Lecture Hall, the Government House and the Liaison Office in Abuja; all of which I must tell you are for the comfort of the governor.”

Efforts to seek the reaction of Okafor were unsuccessful as calls made to his mobile phone went unanswered.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/okorocha-suspends-commissioner%E2%80%99s-salary#.Tzw-m74h8vs.facebook
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Ejine(m): 1:30am On Feb 16, 2012
Action film governor!  grin cool grin
Just wish this my lame-azz governor Uduaghan would grow a pair for once in his life!!  embarassed
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by ak47mann(m): 2:53am On Feb 16, 2012
Gov okorocha this man really love his state cool cool
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by jamace(m): 7:27am On Feb 16, 2012
That's my man. cool
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Afam4eva(m): 7:31am On Feb 16, 2012
This is a governor that know what's he's doing. Well done Rochas.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by rman: 8:33am On Feb 16, 2012
Once in a while, we seem to get one that knows what governance is all about.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Nobody: 8:34am On Feb 16, 2012
100,000 to students, can someone explain that, how and for what?
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Okijajuju1(m): 8:35am On Feb 16, 2012
Good move, but he is still a clueless governor who loves to play to the gallery.  angry
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by kelvincoll(m): 8:35am On Feb 16, 2012
Thats ma Gov, He is the Govt to beat, May God continue to guide you through your tenure
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by stormm: 8:37am On Feb 16, 2012
BlackPikiN:

Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State has directed that the salaries of the Commissioner for Finance, John Okafor, and the Permanent Secretary in the ministry, Uchenna Eche, be suspended for allegedly delaying the payment of salaries of some local government workers and teachers.
http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/okorocha-suspends-commissioner%E2%80%99s-salary#.Tzw-m74h8vs.facebook

Is this man for real? Does the state now control local govt funds? has he not indicted himself of witholding LG funds?  LGs pay their staff from the LG account.  This guy loves to make shakara.

I dey laff at people wey take this man serious.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by ifyalways(f): 8:39am On Feb 16, 2012
Suspended to be paid at a later date,when they pay the workers perhaps or suspended indefinitely?

100,000 to university students for what?Is there any criteria for qualifying or just being an undergraduate makes you eligible?
Imo state get money ooh,so much freebies these days.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Funkymallam(m): 8:45am On Feb 16, 2012
Gud one again.
The 100k for university studnts is a scholarship grant for indigent students. Thathelp dem pay dia fees n odas.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Funkymallam(m): 8:46am On Feb 16, 2012
Gud one again.
The 100k for university studnts is a scholarship grant for indigent students. Thathelp dem pay dia fees n odas.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by akinnux(m): 8:47am On Feb 16, 2012
I doff my hat for Governor Okorocha. If Nigeria has just ten of his type, Nigeria will never be the same.
I wish God will give my beleaguered Kogi State this type of Governor.
I certainly own him a vote in any national election in the future.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Okijajuju1(m): 8:51am On Feb 16, 2012
akinnux:

I doff my hat for Governor Okorocha. If Nigeria has just ten of his type, Nigeria will never be the same.
I wish God will give my beleaguered Kogi State this type of Governor.
I certainly own him a vote in any national election in the future.

Thank God INEC dosent count people like yous vote. angry
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by ceejayluv(m): 8:54am On Feb 16, 2012
stormm:

Is this man for real? Does the state now control local govt funds? has he not indicted himself of witholding LG funds?  LGs pay their staff from the LG account.  This guy loves to make shakara.

the people are fully in support of witholding of LG funds and constraining the LG officers to use it in Projects in partnership with State govt. Its betta than paying lazy-ass-good-for-nothing-semi-literate councillors 400k a month and allowing the LG Chairman to divert 60-80 million naira monthly!
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Nigerd(m): 9:03am On Feb 16, 2012
This Guy Better Adams,
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by sheyguy: 9:06am On Feb 16, 2012
I hope this man is for real. He even said he was go to build three new schools few days back.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by WaltherPPK: 9:26am On Feb 16, 2012
This man is funny.He will pay university students 100000 Naira while IMSU remains on strike.Showman Governor Rochas, you cannot decieve all the people all the time.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Okijajuju1(m): 9:39am On Feb 16, 2012
WaltherPPK:

This man is funny.He will pay university students 100000 Naira while IMSU remains on strike.Showman Governor Rochas, you cannot decieve all the people all the time.

I wonder if IMO state people have brains sef?!

Poverty must have turned them into slaves that all they want to hear is FREE. . .

Free Kerosene

Free 100 Naira for primary school and Secondary school students

Free100,000 for every tom, dic'k and harry of imo decent in IMSU (irrespective of their grades)

free, free, free. . . .

angry
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Willy7(m): 9:45am On Feb 16, 2012
good move,i just pray and hope he keeps d tempo,and shame critics at the end of his tenure.God bless and empower him
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Reggie2(m): 9:47am On Feb 16, 2012
Enemies of progress, why not comment on the guy who was diverting public fund to a private account? The man who attempts to stop him is declared an enemy and a show man. I don't seem to understand some people. This is why many well intentioned people will never hold public office. Okorocha may not be Jesus Christ the redeemer but he is certainly working, whether show man or not.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Gepheral: 10:00am On Feb 16, 2012
[b] This guy is damn good,
I've been on his trail for a while now n all i get is p-astonishment,

May God strengthen him to do more n may God grant those govs. Lagging behind the wisdom to emulate this selfless Man,
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Afam4eva(m): 10:04am On Feb 16, 2012
Reggie2:

Enemies of progress, why not comment on the guy who was diverting public fund to a private account? The man who attempts to stop him is declared an enemy and a show man. I don't seem to understand some people. This is why many well intentioned people will never hold public office. Okorocha may not be Jesus Christ the redeemer but he is certainly working, whether show man or not.

Don't mind them. At times i wonder what Nigerians want. If a public official diverts money into his private pocket people will talk. Now, when another gives scholarship the same people will criticize. Na wa oo.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Ninapha(f): 10:08am On Feb 16, 2012
Reggie2:

Okorocha is a show man any day anytime.  He runs Imo state like his foundation.  He is only breeding trouble soon we shall see. He talks too much and does little,  He wants to impress Nigerian because his target is the Presidency but we know better.  Imo people are not as daft as he thinks.  When he starts working we shall know.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by anuforoudo(f): 10:15am On Feb 16, 2012
I am from Ngor-Okpala, Imo state. This governor you talking about is a man loved by all. His mandate was the decision of the people. A man of vision is a man of mission. Rochas has a high target in future so he is taking his time to improve on his score card.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Kachinom(f): 10:30am On Feb 16, 2012
D imsu strike has been cald off pple, nd d 100k is 4 every imo state indigene dat is in any of d state owned university, dat is free education in tertiary institution
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by jspac(m): 10:37am On Feb 16, 2012
Ninapha:

Okorocha is a show man any day anytime.  He runs Imo state like his foundation.  He is only breeding trouble soon we shall see. He talks too much and does little,  He wants to impress Nigerian because his target is the Presidency but we know better.  Imo people are not as daft as he thinks.  When he starts working we shall know.  
Okija_juju:

Good move, but he is still a clueless governor who loves to play to the gallery.  angry
2015 Presidential campaign.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by kingsots(m): 10:43am On Feb 16, 2012
stormm:

If you dont know how a system works why not shut ur mouth. The state and local govt have a joint account. It was merged together during the OBJ regime and has reamined like that. That is how most govs and their comm. for finance eat up the local govt allocation, the local govt is just given what it can use to take care of the workers salary.

I'm not from Imo state, but I think the gov is doing well. When we see something good in this our time where most politicians are enrichen themselves, I think we should appreciate it and stop thinking that there is an ulterior motive to every good will. We have all been praying for good governance, let's stop Criticizing those that are working.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by iykak47: 10:46am On Feb 16, 2012
Okija_juju:

Good move, but he is still a clueless governor who loves to play to the gallery. angry
angry angry angry angry embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Revolutnz: 10:50am On Feb 16, 2012
I commend Gov. Okorocha for his down-to-earth way of governance.I just don't understand why some people are blaming him.We want to grow like the western world but we refuse to do the basic things that they do to help their people. In the UK for instance,the moment you attain the age of 18 and unemployed,you'll get £60(N15,000) a week which is about N720,000 a year. Now,Okorocha is given just N100,000 a year to potential medical doctors,engineers,teachers,lawyers etc and we are complaining.If a senator can get N15Million a month and the president can spend N1Billion on food,then these Imo students deserves it.We can make it happen.
Re: Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! by Nobody: 10:53am On Feb 16, 2012
Is still guy for real or a populist? Still forming opinion

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Attackers Kill 9 Construction Workers’ In Maiduguri / Ambode Attends German-african Business Summit In Kenya (photos) / Court Orders CBN To Unfreeze #endsars Promoters’ Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.