Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,156 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? (10443 Views)

Presidency Blames “budget Mafia” For Controversial Allocations In 2016 Budget. / The BBOG Movement In The Days Of GEJ And Buhari Compared Pics / State Allocations For May, 2013. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by Afam4eva(m): 10:12am On Feb 16, 2012
I see no reason why some desert states in the north should get more allocations than Abia, Imo, Cross river and Edo(Which are oil producing states) and why the hell is ebonyi the least. Even Zamfara gets more than Ebonyi and Ekiti. I pity the south-east in this country.

December 2011 monthly allocation fron the Federation Account, from the highest to the lowest. I divided the states into two; Upper 18 and lower 18. All the states in the South East are in the Lower 18.

UPPER 18
[1] Akwa Ibom - N17,090,390,049.54 ($106.352m)
[2] Rivers – N16,470,910,460.91 ($102.47m)
[3] Delta – N14,052,699,292.70 ($87.42m)
[4] Lagos – N13,832,390,342.50 ($86.05m)
[5] Kano - N10,276,388,104.37 – ($63.93m)
[6] Bayelsa - N 9,390,046,065.24 ($53.41m)
[7] Katsina – N7,613,284,263.49 ($47.36m)
[8] Oyo – N7,309,439,923.19 ($45.47m)
[9] Bornu - N6,958,687,073.61 ($43.39m)
[10] Kaduna - N6,929,407,647.90 ($43.11m)
[11] Ondo - N6,648,009,990.75 ($41.45m)
[12] Jigawa – N6,453,736,007.11 ($40.15m)
[13] Niger - N6,264,321,638.72 ($38.97m)
[14] Bauchi -N6,248,058,559.68 ($38.87m)
[15] Imo - N6,138,603,846.12 ($38.19m)
[16] Sokoto - N5,913,159,584.08 ($36.78m)
[17] Benue - N5,871,570,223.72 ($36.52m)
[18] Osun - N5,840,929,898.96 ($36.33m)

LOWER 18
[19] Anambra - N5,664,149,073.87 ($35.23m)
[20] Kogi - N5,637,015,173.29 ($35m)
[21] Adamawa - N5,572,047,304.79 ($34.66m)
[22] Kebbi – N5,504,810,878.47 ($34.24m)
[23] Ogun - N5,443,106,383.34 ($33.86m)
[24] Edo N5,299,415,325.66 ($32.96m)
[25] Cross River - N 5,140,319,877.82 ($31.97m)
[26] Taraba -N5,118,499,073.35 ($31.84m)
[27] Yobe - N5,035,313,599.48 ($31.32m)
[28] Plateau - N5,013,269,399.52 ($31.19m)
[29] Enugu - N4,914,239,021.94 ($30.57m)
[30] Abia - N4,758,564,148.67 ($29.6m)
[31] Kwara - 4,562,241,098.89 ($28.38m)
[32] Gombe - N4,269,824,461.69 ($26.56m)
[33] Zamfara - N4,260,988,409.00 ($26.5m)
[34] Ekiti - N3,941,497,668.95 ($24.52m)
[35] Nassarawa - N3,824,226,264.56 ($23.79m)
[36] Ebonyi N3,527,559,507.11 ($21.94m)
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by worm(f): 11:24am On Feb 16, 2012
Because North makes things happened in Nigeria today. Even GEJ is just a toy in aso rock, remote controlled by powers from the north. North is Nigeria no north no Nigeria.Forget the fact that oyel wells are in your backyard tongue
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by antartica(m): 11:41am On Feb 16, 2012
The fact that the northern cabals are losing grip of that control is why they are making the country reall ungovernable,coupled with gej inability to root out corrupt animals like bankole,atiku,ibb and co. Malu hearders can never rule nigeria again. If a notherner must be in that position,he must be clearly a progressive one not rogue malu rearers like atiku,ibb,ciruma and co
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by ak47mann(m): 12:42pm On Feb 16, 2012
Well one Nigeria abi? cool cool
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by Dede1(m): 1:18pm On Feb 16, 2012
afam4eva:

I see no reason why some desert states in the north should get more allocations than Abia, Imo, Cross river and Edo(Which are oil producing states) and why the hell is ebonyi the least. Even Zamfara gets more than Ebonyi and Ekiti. I pity the south-east in this country.

Have you forgotten Ndigbo led Biafra was defeated in a war? If you take a closer look at statistic on sheet you posted, there exists a calculated strategy to grant compensation for those who helped prosecute the war, gimmick to sustain the spirit of sabotage among certain states and maintain economic strangulation of Ndigbo. Nigeria fought the war because of crude oil.

Only a foolish Igbo person will think Biafra war has ended.
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by ak47mann(m): 1:23pm On Feb 16, 2012
Dede1:

Have you forgotten Ndigbo led Biafra was defeated in a war? If you take a closer look at statistic on sheet you posted, there exists a calculated strategy to grant compensation for those who helped prosecute the war, gimmick to sustain the spirit of sabotage among certain states and maintain economic strangulation of Ndigbo. Nigeria fought the war because of crude oil.

True talk bro cool
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by 9jaIhail(m): 4:30pm On Feb 16, 2012
Dede1:

You are always on point my broda
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by Dede1(m): 5:05pm On Feb 16, 2012
@ 9ja_I_hail and ak47mann
Thanks Bros.

I have made myself life-member of any organization that agitates for peaceful disintegration of the cesspit called Nigeria. In fact, I do not give a hoot if the portion of my country is solely arid and erosion-threatened real estate as long as the nation controls its resources.
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Feb 16, 2012
And what does the SE contributes to Nigeria besides kidnapping and armed robbery ? The whole of the region is a shithole that has been abandoned since ibos have moved to yorubaland and hausaland.So who exactly should get the money when y'all are living outside the region ?
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by Obi1kenobi(m): 5:24pm On Feb 16, 2012
~Bluetooth:

And what does the SE contributes to Nigeria besides kidnapping and armed robbery ? The whole of the region is a shithole that has been abandoned since ibos have moved to yorubaland and hausaland.So who exactly should get the money when y'all are living outside the region ?
That's like asking what the SW contribute outside thuggery and robbery with their agbero/alaye culture.

For your info, despite our mass desertion of our homeland (as mugs like you love to stress), the SE has Nigeria's highest population density.
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by 9jaIhail(m): 5:28pm On Feb 16, 2012
worm:

Because North makes things happened in Nigeria today. Even GEJ is just a toy in aso rock, remote controlled by powers from the north. North is Nigeria no north no Nigeria.Forget the fact that oyel wells are in your backyard tongue

Because North makes things happened in Nigeria today.

AND WHAT HAVE YOU AND YOUR NORTH DESERT ACHIEVED SINCE RUNNING THINGS IN NIGERIA FOR AGES?

Even GEJ is just a toy in aso rock, remote controlled by powers from the north

YES WE KNOW THAT YOU AND YOUR PEOPLE THOUGHT NIGERIA IS YOUR BIRTH RIGHT BUT I AM HERE TO ANNOUNCE TO YOU THAT THE POWER HAS SHIFTED FROM THE HAND OF NEBUCHADNEZZAR.

North is Nigeria no north no Nigeria

LIKE NIGERIA LIKE NORTH
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 16, 2012
Obi1kenobi:

That's like asking what the SW contribute outside thuggery and robbery with their agbero/alaye culture.

For your info, despite our mass desertion of our homeland (as mugs like you love to stress), the SE has Nigeria's highest population density.

You are yet to tell me what exactly your landlocked region contributes to Nigeria.Hausas get border,they get cash crops,wetin una get ?

1 Like

Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by Afam4eva(m): 5:38pm On Feb 16, 2012
~Bluetooth:

You are yet to tell me what exactly your landlocked region contributes to Nigeria.Hausas get border,they get cash crops,wetin una get ?

Are you this dumb?
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Feb 16, 2012
You have an attitude of asking question with question ? Is that an ibo culture ? Tell me what your despicable region region contributes to Nigeria to warrant more revenue .
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by danjohn: 5:44pm On Feb 16, 2012
The monthly allocation formula is based on two things:

1.  Population
2.  Whether the state in question is an oil producing state

Very few Igbos live in the Southeast.  Igbos are mercantile people who are located where customers are.  As a result of this, the Southeast's allocation is lower because the population there is not high.  Everything doesn't have to descend to tribal bashing.

1 Like

Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Feb 16, 2012
danjohn:

1.  Population

Very few Igbos live in the Southeast.  Igbos are mercantile people who are located where customers are.  As a result of this, the Southeast's allocation is lower because the population there is not high.  Everything doesn't have to descend to tribal bashing.

Your other ibos will refuse to see this but instead yarn rubbish and whine as usual.If iboland is deserted,why should the region get more revenue then ?
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by naijaking1: 6:09pm On Feb 16, 2012
danjohn:

1.  Population

The treachery of the situation is that while Igbos for example make up to 30-35% of Kano, they are not counted as such.
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Feb 16, 2012
This list is really an ugly sight to behold. Nigeria stinks! real bad!
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by Dede1(m): 6:14pm On Feb 16, 2012
~Bluetooth:

What a deluded lapper. Please cast off the inherent cowardice and join the progressives in demand for a disintegrated Nigeria.

Believe me, a liver-hearted junkyard punk such as you can not tie the shoe strings of kidnappers and armed robbers. At least, it takes a strong heart to pull off the stunt they perform.
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by GAR3TH(m): 6:21pm On Feb 16, 2012
We had this discussion many times on  NL, the south east is smaller than kaduna state but yet receives 3 or 4 times more allocation than kaduna state. so in terms of land the south east receives more allocation per square mile/km than the north. If you then want to break it down by population of states, you'll find that all states, excluding the oil producers, receive about the same allocation per capital.

a state that has 1 million people and get 2 million in allocation is better off than a state with 10 million people and 3 million in allocation
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by Dede1(m): 6:23pm On Feb 16, 2012
~Bluetooth:

I guess strongly that the parents who hold biological rights on you as a ward really need refunds from schools where they presumably spent some money on your scholarship. It really sucks to be you.
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 16, 2012
Dede1:

What a deluded lapper. Please cast off the inherent cowardice and join the progressives in demand for a disintegrated Nigeria.

Believe me, a liver-hearted junkyard punk such as you can not tie the shoe strings of kidnappers and armed robbers. At least, it takes a strong heart to pull off the stunt they perform.

If you guys are successful in what you know how to do,why the agitation for increased allocation then ? I thought enterprenuership is ibo watchword not free money from Abuja ? ??
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 16, 2012
afam4eva:

I see no reason why some desert states in the north should get more allocations than Abia, Imo, Cross river and[b] Edo[/b](Which are oil producing states) and why the hell is ebonyi the least. Even Zamfara gets more than Ebonyi and Ekiti. I pity the south-east in this country.

Dede1:

@DedeTheDrunk: If the bolded is true, you hate spreading mongrel,  DIDNT PRESENT DAY EDO STATE FIGHT AGAINST BIAFRA, Yet its among the very first states listed by the op.

Dont let unnecessary hate devour you, you useless old man. Respect your age, you dont have to keep acting your shoe size. Illiterate.
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by Afam4eva(m): 6:37pm On Feb 16, 2012
GAR3TH:

We had this discussion many times on  NL, the south east is smaller than kaduna state but yet receives 3 or 4 times more allocation than kaduna state. so in terms of land the south east receives more allocation per square mile/km than the north. If you then want to break it down by population of states, you'll find that all states, excluding the oil producers, receive about the same allocation per capital.

a state that has 1 million people and get 2 million in allocation is better off than a state with 10 million people and 3 million in allocation

It should be about population and not land mass. How do you allocate money for land that is occupied by forests and animals. And why are oil states such as Abia, Edo and Cross river in the bottom of the pecking order?

I think every state should be allowed to control it's resources.
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by Dede1(m): 6:41pm On Feb 16, 2012
~Bluetooth:

If you guys are successful in what you know how to do,why the agitation for increased allocation then ? I thought enterprenuership is ibo watchword not free money from Abuja ? ??

You are really not true son of soil or ward of your parents. Ndigbo do not want any kobo from Abuja. Rather they want a nation where they could judiciously control the sell of the sands from their nation. I hope by now you realized Alaigbo is arid and sandy. smiley smiley
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by sheyguy: 6:56pm On Feb 16, 2012
afam4eva:

It should be about population and not land mass. How do you allocate money for land that is occupied by forests and animals. And why are oil states such as Abia, Edo and Cross river in the bottom of the pecking order?

I think every state should be allowed to control it's resources.
they av to budget more for states with larger land mass be it forest or not because linking two points or locations with roads network will require more KM or lengthier roads to be tarred which in turn cost more money.
Also for health and education, more schools and hospital need to be built across such land mass to aid their accessibility.
As for the oil producing states u mentioned, the oil revenue allocation is calculate by what each state contributes i.e 13% of total contribution from onshore oil pumped out each state.
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by oduasolja: 7:03pm On Feb 16, 2012
Dede1:

it doesnt take a strong heart to be an armed robber or kidnapper. it takes a criminal dark heart and mind and a willingness to die in your lifestyle of crime and perversion.

Bleep u and ur rubbish.
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by Afam4eva(m): 7:05pm On Feb 16, 2012
sheyguy:

they av to budget more for states with larger land mass be it forest or not because linking two points or locations with roads network will require more KM or lengthier roads to be tarred which in turn cost more money.
Also for health and education, more schools and hospital need to be built across such land mass to aid their accessibility.
As for the oil producing states u mentioned, the oil revenue allocation is calculate by what each state contributes i.e 13% of total contribution from onshore oil pumped out each state. 

So, why's Lagos in 4th position considering the fact that it has the smallest land mass in the federation.
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by onenewman: 7:07pm On Feb 16, 2012
@ Bluetooth
with all due respect bro, you are not making any sense here. must you bad mouth other people's region simply because they raised an important issue that is affect their lot. pls, no bigot here, if u feel you cant make a meaningful contribution to the discourse, i suggest you move to romance section.
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by Osiris211: 7:09pm On Feb 16, 2012
[size=28pt]Chie! dey don marginalize us finish oooooo. we no go gree.[/size]

[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSWN6Qj98Iw[/flash]
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 16, 2012
onenewman:

@ Bluetooth
with all due respect bro, you are not making any sense here. must you bad mouth other people's region simply because they raised an important issue that is affect their lot. pls, no bigot here, if u feel you cant make a meaningful contribution to the discourse, i suggest you move to romance section.

Stop tripping and answer the simple question.what does an abandoned, desert and gully-ravaged iboland contribute to Nigeria to warrant an increase in federal allocation ?
Dede1:

You are really not true son of soil or ward of your parents. Ndigbo do not want any kobo from Abuja. Rather they want a nation where they could judiciously control the sell of the sands from their nation. I hope by now you realized Alaigbo is arid and sandy. smiley smiley

Hahahahahahahahaha if I'm not the son of my father,na who come born me ? You ?
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by dayokanu(m): 7:16pm On Feb 16, 2012
The allocation is based on population largely.

So if a significant number of SEasterners live outside of their region, who is the allocation you are clamouring for now meant to serve

Pull the official population of Nigeria and you would discover than SE is one of (if not) the least populated region

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Never Congratulated David Mark – APC / 2019: 41 Candidates Jostle To Become Lagos Governor, 589 Eye Lagos Assembly. / "No More Amnesty For Cultists" - Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.