Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,759 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

Nairalanders Pressure Group/ Party! The Vision - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairalanders Pressure Group/ Party! The Vision (668 Views)

APC Seeks Partnership With Chinese Communist Party - The Sun / The Vision 2020 Blueprint: / Nairaland Peoples Party - The Party For A New Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders Pressure Group/ Party! The Vision by chuxyn: 10:26pm On Feb 16, 2012
It’s in my view that some groups of people are planning on disintegrating Nigeria for their personal  and selfish agendas.
Some are going the violent while some are hiding their motives behind a sovereign national conference. Though we need to talk, but it’s in my opinion that this generation of Nigerian politicians are not patriotic enough to call for such a conference.  There is so much personal, selfish and ethnic motives behind this call, and these are my reasons;
First they claim we need a new constitution because our present constitution was given to us by the military: and my answer to that is who are the people going to write it, are we going to import politicians from the U.S or from the skies to write it, is it not this same politicians. They organized a national summit in Lagos of which almost half of the politicians on the high table helped the military to right this present constitution. And if we decide to hold the sovereign national conference we surely will be expecting the likes of Obasanjo, IBB, Buhari, and not forgetting David Mark our senate president who pays himself more that the president of the most powerful nation on earth the U.S.A.  How can David Mark be paying himself N88M per month in a country where millions of people in all tribes and geopolitical zones are dying of poverty are he claims to be representing the North or Nigerians; wake up he is representing his belly. These retired generals would still be the politicians to come up and write a new constitution for you and I, and most them will sponsor their stooges. And we will end up in the same circle.
The national summit that just ended in Lagos can give us a clue to what will happen at a sovereign national conference. It was tumultuous with some elder statesmen walking out on others who simply spoke their minds. And remember  the northerner conservatives where not represented.  Bokoharam as it is today has nothing to do with Al Qaeda , those elements are sponsored by some unscrupulous politicians who claim to be representing the north, but they are only fighting for their pockets,  If  we decide to have a sovereign national conference these people will show up and also sponsor more people to show up, and by the time they start converting  the monstrous animosity with which they have been using to commit these terrorist attacks precipitate genocide  into words  on the table of negotiation Nigeria will implode.
What are the legacies of this generation of Nigerian politicians, from IBB, Obasanjo to Goodluck and those that served them. Every institution that was bequeathed to them by our founding fathers, they have destroyed with greed, selfishness and ethnicity. Our unity schools and other public schools have been violated. I was listening to Professor Pat Utomi on television and I thought to myself, the quality of education that was given to him at University of Nigeria Nsukka and  several other Nigerians of his generation from other universities, can we still go these institutions and get that same quality of education and welfare. No way, they have destroyed everything and sent their kids abroad.
Now they are requesting for an anti climax to all their destructions,  which is eventually destroying Nigeria, they have bequeathed all the wrong things to us: ethnicity, a corrupt government, week police force, crippled economy, collapsed educational institutions, decayed infrastructures etc.
It is the same generation and cabal of politicians that are responsible for Desecrating the entire people of the north that are also responsible for the decay  and poverty in the south and the Niger Delta. People like James Ibori,  Alamieyeseigha, Igbinedion or Peter Odili  did not drop from the skies. So if these same sets of people are clamoring for or sponsoring people to agitate for resource control,  they are not fighting for you and I but for their selfish bellies like they have always been doing. They go as far as calling our Northern brothers who are responsible for almost all the food we eat in this country parasites, this is how desperate they can be.
I have looked at all the political parties in this country and there is no rallying point and no message of hope to the Nigerian people. The CPC is an Almajiri party,  APGA is a Biafran party, AC belongs to the OPC boys, the only true national party we have is the PDP but that is the embodiment of wickedness and corruption, where the devil and his cohorts live.
A new breed of Nigerians educated and exposed would have to show up at this critical point, to save our country from these generation of vipers and brood of snakes.
A wise man once said that only a fool makes the same mistakes over and over again, wise men learn from their own mistakes. But we don’t need to learn from any of our mistakes anymore,  other developed and pluralistic countries can be a model, why can we just follow.
Take the U.S.A for instance, the most prosperous nation on earth.  You will never  see the U.S government drilling and selling oil, why because they have Exxon Mobil , but in Nigeria we have NNPC aiding corruption while doing business {buying and selling crude}, NNPC is supposed to be a regulatory body only just like NCC in the telecoms sector, but today that’s the organization that is impoverishing Nigerians and making our politicians stupendous rich without commensurate work.   The American government cannot go into farming, they empower their people to become world class farmers and entrepreneurs. But here in Nigeria we have this big and rich government but very poor citizens.
We don’t need any Sovereign National Conference now, because this generation of politicians are unfit, they have proven it over and over again. What we need is a policy that will send all Nigerians back to work and make the our state governments responsible. Because of state governors irresponsibility there are no jobs anywhere except Lagos. I am from Delta State but I had to migrate to Lagos to get a job, the same thing happens  everywhere in Nigeria every year, youth Corpers pass out only to migrate to Lagos in search of jobs, because all our state governors are nothing but political monarchs that we elect every four years.
In every developed society the government makes its money from taxes that it gets from its people only, be it government at state, local government or federal level.  We don’t need states to manage any resources and we don’t need the federal government to manage any resources. Let all the governments focus on taxes and that way the federal government won’t have to be putting money in the hands of criminal politicians every month.
When all our governments focuses on tax only as a means of revenue, every governor will wake up to his responsibility of encouraging investors and protecting businesses in his state, ensuring and sustaining the security of his state which will further enhance development and modernization, job creation, effective state policing and eradicate corruption because now the businessmen would know you don’t make money from state allocations anymore and you have to account for their taxes else they wouldn’t want to pay the next month. Contents that are drilled and sold to OPEC for instance, can have 50% to the federal government, 30% to states and 20% to local governments, then state governments would be charged with protecting businesses in their states.
At the most  the federal government can set aside a trust fund after scrapping NDDC (which is just duplicating the responsibilities of the state governments) managed by the central bank, so that they can grant loans to states that require funds in other to help  entrepreneurs establish businesses in their state, and then the federal government can hand over most of the unnecessary responsibilities its carrying and allow the states which are the nations foundations to look after and protect businesses in their states , collect the taxes  and do everything to make business  succeed including protection from militants  and copyright pirates,  and the federal government just gets its tax from the state and all these unnecessary agitations and tensions and fight  against the federal government to destabilize it will be settled at a family meeting.
If this happens kogi state though the poorest state will work out ways by any means necessary to make Ajaokuta steel industries work, Ondo state government will start looking for investors to mine all It’s numerous resources, and those other states that agriculture is their strength will start looking at investors in  industrialized farming; and Nigeria will be the better for it.
The vision is summarily “Nigerian Emancipation and state responsibility”. With no government managing  any business or trade of any goods or resources,  government should only focus on organizing societies, protecting and defending its citizens.  And make their money only on tax while leaving businesses to the businessmen.
I need  opinions and ideas from Nigerians 45 years old downwards. If you support this move you can follow me on twitter (twitter.com/calljonas).  By the time we are up to a thousand people that buy this idea, we would push this message through newspapers, television adverts, and ultimately we will present our request to the national assembly, and then start going to occupy them.
I look forward to a day when we will have a political party that is not about  sharing dirty money during elections but will use that period to educate and intellectualize Nigerians of a dream, a vision, a mission and a plan for a glorious future bringing out that patriotic spirit that we all have not found a reason to show off all these years.
Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

New Oil Finds Off Liberia And Sierra Leone / Derivation Formula: North Fishing For Trouble – S-south / Why Boko Haram Persists, By Ciroma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.