Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,417 members, 7,808,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

Where Are The Farmers? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Where Are The Farmers? (20080 Views)

Farmers To Earn N101bn Annually From Perishable Cargo / Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta / Farmers In The House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are The Farmers? by Fhemmmy: 2:14am On Feb 19, 2012
moremi2008:

I know he's a car dealer and it's part of his job to famz and ranka dede to build business. Are you by any chance in the market for a new car? That might explain all this enthusiastic praise and adoration! cheesy

PS - Bros Femo, abeg carry on oh! I am just saying my own. Please don't let any man knock your hustle! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Thanks for the permission . . . Remain humble.
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by chreldb(m): 9:43am On Feb 19, 2012
@op

Send me a mail at this adress
Chrels_b@yahoo.com
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by mrinsurer: 10:13pm On Feb 19, 2012
I am thinking of pawpaw,lime and orange plantation.
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by AjanleKoko: 10:25pm On Feb 19, 2012
Interesting stuff. And very ambitious.
Talk soon.
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by oderemo(m): 12:20am On Feb 20, 2012
i have learnt a lot frm this thread.
i am into farming around abeokuta and remo area, good thing is the amount of energy around these axis, wealth of experience, advice , research etc. not all roses but to fail is not an option.
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by lancee(m): 7:03am On Feb 20, 2012
Intresting thread !
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by tkb417(m): 3:59pm On Feb 20, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Interesting stuff. And very ambitious.
Talk soon.
if ure around, lemme know so i can holla
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by tkb417(m): 4:00pm On Feb 20, 2012
ode remo:

i have learnt a lot frm this thread.
i am into farming around abeokuta and remo area, good thing is the amount of energy around these axis, wealth of experience, advice , research etc. not all roses but to fail is not an option.
what are you into?
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by aieromon(m): 9:18pm On Feb 20, 2012
Very nice concept and I admire your determination to succeed.
Do you have any intention of partnering with other people or going solo?
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by adelegan1: 8:29am On Feb 21, 2012
FORMER President Olusegun Obasanjo has traced Nigeria’s inability to feed itself to bad governments. When asked if as a major farmer, he finds the agricultural business lucrative and whether he would advise Nigerians to go into farming, he replied that “if you want to become a billionaire, then don’t go into farming in Nigeria.”

source http://thepointernewsonline.com/?p=1369
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by feelamong(m): 1:00pm On Feb 21, 2012
Excellent thread, Really cant farm, embarassed

But a trader to the bones, looking for any oppurtunity to sell any of the farm products,

Keep the information flowing, Pls farmers when the harvest season starts do keep us posted too grin
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by tkb417(m): 4:08pm On Feb 21, 2012
feelamong:

Excellent thread, Really cant farm, embarassed

But a trader to the bones, looking for any oppurtunity to sell any of the farm products,

Keep the information flowing, Pls farmers when the harvest season starts do keep us posted too grin
lol. okay
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by Fhemmmy: 4:56pm On Feb 21, 2012
I have missed a lot, but done some reading to catch up . . . .
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by ProfJYK(m): 12:28am On Feb 22, 2012
*furiously scribbling, taking notes*. 2 2D notebooks filled already, need to get a higher education 80 leaves ASAP.

about d quality of naija grown versus well polished imported rice, had an Arewa based roommate back in school whose part it was to come with rice, yam and foodstuffs while I brought provisions and lagos stuffs. learnt after three years that it had been Naija rice we had been enjoying for 3 years.
all along, d fabled abakaliki rice with rocks outnumbering grains made it imposible to believe rice could b processed to near perfection locally. maybe cos it was planted and processed for private consumption in the family farm. point is, its possible.

great thread, learnt a ton (most Inimportantly, tread carefully) thanks Everyone esp TKB for awakening d farmer in us.

pls lets kip it coming, class is still in session.
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by tkb417(m): 1:08pm On Feb 22, 2012
Prof JYK:

*furiously scribbling, taking notes*. 2 2D notebooks filled already, need to get a higher education 80 leaves ASAP.

about d quality of naija grown versus well polished imported rice, had an Arewa based roommate back in school whose part it was to come with rice, yam and foodstuffs while I brought provisions and lagos stuffs. learnt after three years that it had been Naija rice we had been enjoying for 3 years.
all along, d fabled abakaliki rice with rocks outnumbering grains made it imposible to believe rice could b processed to near perfection locally. maybe cos it was planted and processed for private consumption in the family farm. point is, its possible.

great thread, learnt a ton (most Inimportantly, tread carefully) thanks Everyone esp TKB for awakening d farmer in us.

pls lets kip it coming, class is still in session.
LOL

Thanks,
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by tkb417(m): 1:13pm On Feb 22, 2012
Lease vs Buy

what will you guys advise?

Now, i have relaxed a bit and i might not do any planting in rainy season. . . .

Need to tread carefully like you guys advised but definitely rice would be planted this season

I have been speaking with some peeps at Odeda area of Ogun State shortly after College of Edu Osiele to either buy/lease the land while another discussing is going on with someone at Idi iroko

The economist in me says lease the land and free up cash for more production activities while another voice say, 'ure leaving urself open to exploitation from land owners if you dont buy'

whjat do u guys think?

I guess this thread is open to all prospective and active farmers to learn and share info

so if youre planting presently or ure into animals, share your experience with us.

As for me oh, agric biz is the next thing on my agenda
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by Sholaf(f): 1:40pm On Feb 22, 2012
tkb417:

Lease vs Buy

what will you guys advise?

Now, i have relaxed a bit and i might not do any planting in rainy season. . . .

Need to tread carefully like you guys advised but definitely rice would be planted this season

I have been speaking with some peeps at Odeda area of Ogun State shortly after College of Edu Osiele to either buy/lease the land while another discussing is going on with someone at Idi iroko

The economist in me says lease the land and free up cash for more production activities while another voice say, 'ure leaving urself open to exploitation from land owners if you dont buy'

whjat do u guys think?

I guess this thread is open to all prospective and active farmers to learn and share info

so if youre planting presently or ure into animals, share your experience with us.

As for me oh, agric biz is the next thing on my agenda

Buy is the best option.

The land stays in your family and your children can benefit from it, should in case your children and grand children wants to go into the same business.
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by tkb417(m): 1:44pm On Feb 22, 2012
Shola (f):

Buy is the best option.

The land stays in your family and your children can benefit from it, should in case your children and grand children wants to go into the same business.

lol

my children might not be interested in farming grin

point noted

thanks
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by Fhemmmy: 3:24pm On Feb 22, 2012
Leasing is a great option, like you said, that will free up the cash for more production and could even be for some other kinda business.
However, once the owner of the land see how prosperous the business is, they could come one day and decide to wanna take over, in Nigeria, anything is possible.
But like you said, your kids might not be interested in farming, but the land will one day could be used for development and i am sure your Kids MIGHT be interested in that
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by tkb417(m): 3:42pm On Feb 22, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Leasing is a great option, like you said, that will free up the cash for more production and could even be for some other kinda business.
However, once the owner of the land see how prosperous the business is, they could come one day and decide to wanna take over, in Nigeria, anything is possible.
But like you said, your kids might not be interested in farming, but the land will one day could be used for development and i am sure your Kids MIGHT be interested in that

Thats exactly what my mum said

They see the scale of what is going on and they come with different terms to what we agreed on

The cost of land in the South is high actually compared to the one we got in Kura, Kano

The Northerners really dont care

In The North, what you do is to sign an Outgrowers contrat. You supply the seeds, the inputs, advance some cash for land preparation and some stipend and in 90 days, ure ready to harvest

You buyback the proceeds from them and send straight to the big time processors who have been lurking around to buy anyway.

here in the south undecided
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by tkb417(m): 3:51pm On Feb 22, 2012
@Fhemmy
can you send me an email so we can chat

when u have time tho. wanna ask some questions
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by tkb417(m): 4:14pm On Feb 22, 2012
i have sent emails to the following people

@goshen360

@Omar0001

@Nyxus

@adelegan1

@blessamo

@Chreld_b
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by Fhemmmy: 4:49pm On Feb 22, 2012
tkb417:

@Fhemmy
can you send me an email so we can chat

when u have time tho. wanna ask some questions

You have Mail, Sir
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by tkb417(m): 5:00pm On Feb 22, 2012
Seen

thanks
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by sholatech(m): 8:50pm On Feb 22, 2012
Will outgrower program not work in western Nigeria?
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by adelegan1: 8:55am On Feb 23, 2012
sholatech:

That is what I'm saying out grower which also know as contract farming is the best. because you don't have to go through the stress of planting and harvesting all you have to do is to sponsor farmer and they will bring the rice to you so you can process
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by adelegan1: 8:58am On Feb 23, 2012
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by feelamong(m): 9:18am On Feb 23, 2012
Why dont you just lease the land for a long period say between 15 -20 years,

Also insert a clause on the agreement that you will be given the 'first right to buy' whenever they want to sell the land. (just as they do in the football world these days) undecided
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by tkb417(m): 11:02am On Feb 23, 2012
sholatech:

im currently doing that in the North

here in the south, the mentality is kida different

adelegan1:

That is what I'm saying out grower which also know as contract farming is the best. because you don't have to go through the stress of planting and harvesting all you have to do is to sponsor farmer and they will bring the rice to you so you can process

Working on it already. i got your email

ill get back to you soon

feelamong:

Why dont you just lease the land for a long period say between 15 -20 years,

Also insert a clause on the agreement that you will be given the 'first right to buy' whenever they want to sell the land. (just as they do in the football world these days) undecided
hehe

who will lease the land for you for that long?
especially in this our ever rugged west?
Re: Where Are The Farmers? by tkb417(m): 5:17pm On Feb 23, 2012
where are u guys oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens / Have You Been Able To Spend The Old Naira Notes In Your Area? / Great Lessons About Money That Would Help Your Finances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.