Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,918 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

Every Argument In This Forum Must Be Backed By Biblical Verse Jeremiah 23 Vs 31 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Every Argument In This Forum Must Be Backed By Biblical Verse Jeremiah 23 Vs 31 (1674 Views)

What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? / Masquerades Invade Church, Flog Pastors, Worshipers On August 31, 2015 At 5:36 / Problems With Biblical Inerrancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Every Argument In This Forum Must Be Backed By Biblical Verse Jeremiah 23 Vs 31 by buzugee(m): 1:54pm On Feb 17, 2012
i have noticed people writing long epistles in arguments and they are all conjectures and innuendos and assumptions and none of them is backed by any biblical verse. lord says anyone who does this is offending him and he is against such practices. JEREMIAH 23 VS 31.
Re: Every Argument In This Forum Must Be Backed By Biblical Verse Jeremiah 23 Vs 31 by debosky(m): 1:54pm On Feb 17, 2012
Preach it brother!

[size=5pt]BTW we suppose hook up oh. [/size]
Re: Every Argument In This Forum Must Be Backed By Biblical Verse Jeremiah 23 Vs 31 by Nobody: 1:56pm On Feb 17, 2012
debosky:

Preach it brother!

You are telling a Black Hebrew Israelite to preach it brother.

God have mercy on his children in this day and age grin
Re: Every Argument In This Forum Must Be Backed By Biblical Verse Jeremiah 23 Vs 31 by buzugee(m): 1:56pm On Feb 17, 2012
debosky:

Preach it brother!

We go hook up for sure Chief. Thats a definite. Lord willing.
Re: Every Argument In This Forum Must Be Backed By Biblical Verse Jeremiah 23 Vs 31 by buzugee(m): 2:00pm On Feb 17, 2012
frosbel:

God have mercy on his children in this day and age grin
grin grin grin hater
Re: Every Argument In This Forum Must Be Backed By Biblical Verse Jeremiah 23 Vs 31 by buzugee(m): 2:05pm On Feb 17, 2012
JEREMIAH 23 VS 31 'I'm against the prophets who speak their own thoughts and say that they speak for me'
Re: Every Argument In This Forum Must Be Backed By Biblical Verse Jeremiah 23 Vs 31 by debosky(m): 2:06pm On Feb 17, 2012
frosbel:

God have mercy on his children in this day and age  grin

Which one be black Hebrew Israelite again? cheesy

Even if he is a BHI, all races and creed are welcome in the Kingdom, or do you have something against BHIs?
Re: Every Argument In This Forum Must Be Backed By Biblical Verse Jeremiah 23 Vs 31 by 2good(m): 2:06pm On Feb 17, 2012
buzugee:

i have noticed people writing long epistles in arguments and they are all conjectures and innuendos and assumptions and none of them is backed by any biblical verse. lord says anyone who does this is offending him and he is against such practices. JEREMIAH 23 VS 31.
What if the bible is just another story book to me? Anything that cannot be backed up by common sense should not even be argued
Re: Every Argument In This Forum Must Be Backed By Biblical Verse Jeremiah 23 Vs 31 by buzugee(m): 2:10pm On Feb 17, 2012
debosky:

Even if he is a BHI, all races and creed are welcome in the Kingdom, or do you have something against BHIs?
Dont mind Frosbel. he is still traumatized by the fact that the messiah was a black man in flesh (daniel 7 vs 9, revelation 1 vs 12-15. grin grin His secret desires is that the messiah be an arab man. he has a thing for arab types lol
Re: Every Argument In This Forum Must Be Backed By Biblical Verse Jeremiah 23 Vs 31 by buzugee(m): 2:14pm On Feb 17, 2012
2good:

What if the bible is just another story book to me? Anything that cannot be backed up by common sense should not even be argued
OK lets see. DEUTERONOMY 28 VS 48 Therefore in hunger and thirst, in unclothedness and dire poverty, you will serve the enemies the LORD sends against you. He will put an iron yoke on your neck until he has destroyed you.

THIS WAS A PREDICTION MADE BY THE LORD 3000 YEARS AGO WILL HAPPEN TO THE ISRAELITES IF THEY DONT HARKEN TO HIS WORD. IT CAME TO PASS 3000 YEARS LATER. http://www.hebrewisraelites.org/images/1yoke.jpg
Re: Every Argument In This Forum Must Be Backed By Biblical Verse Jeremiah 23 Vs 31 by buzugee(m): 2:19pm On Feb 17, 2012
ANOTHER 3000 YEAR PREDICTION THAT CAME THROUGH 3000 YEARS LATER. DEUTERONOMY 28 VS 68 The LORD will send you back in ships to Egypt on a journey I said you should never make again. There you will offer yourselves for sale to your enemies as male and female slaves, but no one will buy you. http://www.blackballot.com/Report/Report102807/slaves_on_ship.jpg
Re: Every Argument In This Forum Must Be Backed By Biblical Verse Jeremiah 23 Vs 31 by buzugee(m): 2:24pm On Feb 17, 2012
ANOTHER 3000 YEAR PREDICTION ABOUT HOW THE EUROPEANS WILL NAME THE LANDS OF THE WORLD (CONTINENTS) AFTER THEMSELVES BECAUSE OF THEIR PRIDE (OBADIAH 1 VS 3) AND ARROGANCE.
PSALMS 49 VS 11 'Their tombs will remain their houses forever, their dwellings for endless generations, though they had named lands after themselves'

AMERICA- NAMED AFTER AMERIGO VESPUCCI
AFRICA- NAMED AFTER LEO SCIPIO AFRICANUS

basically what the lord is saying here is that even though in their arrogance they named continents after themselves, when he returns he will wipe them out forever (obadiah 1 vs 18)
Re: Every Argument In This Forum Must Be Backed By Biblical Verse Jeremiah 23 Vs 31 by buzugee(m): 2:27pm On Feb 17, 2012
you still think this is a story book @ 2good ?
Re: Every Argument In This Forum Must Be Backed By Biblical Verse Jeremiah 23 Vs 31 by Nobody: 2:36pm On Feb 17, 2012
debosky:

They are in a short summary a wacky group, that do not agree with the bible narratives.

'Black Hebrew Israelites (also Black Hebrews, African Hebrew Israelites, and Hebrew Israelites) are groups of people mostly of Black African ancestry situated mainly in the United States who believe they are descendants of the ancient Israelites. Black Hebrews adhere in varying degrees to the religious beliefs and practices of mainstream Judaism. T[b]hey are generally not accepted as Jews by the greater Jewish community, and many Black Hebrews consider themselves — and not mainstream Jews — to be the only authentic descendants of the ancient Israelites[/b]. Many choose to self-identify as Hebrew Israelites or Black Hebrews rather than as Jews.' - Wikipedia
Re: Every Argument In This Forum Must Be Backed By Biblical Verse Jeremiah 23 Vs 31 by buzugee(m): 2:39pm On Feb 17, 2012
frosbel:

They are in a short summary a wacky group, that do not agree with the bible narratives.

'Black Hebrew Israelites (also Black Hebrews, African Hebrew Israelites, and Hebrew Israelites) are groups of people mostly of Black African ancestry situated mainly in the United States who believe they are descendants of the ancient Israelites. Black Hebrews adhere in varying degrees to the religious beliefs and practices of mainstream Judaism. T[b]hey are generally not accepted as Jews by the greater Jewish community, and many Black Hebrews consider themselves — and not mainstream Jews — to be the only authentic descendants of the ancient Israelites[/b]. Many choose to self-identify as Hebrew Israelites or Black Hebrews rather than as Jews.' - Wikipedia
we dont believe we are descendants of the ancient israelites. we know we are the descendants of the ancient israelites
lamentations 5 vs 10
lamentations 4 vs 8
jeremiah 14 vs 2
job 30 vs 30
Re: Every Argument In This Forum Must Be Backed By Biblical Verse Jeremiah 23 Vs 31 by debosky(m): 4:11pm On Feb 17, 2012
Na wa oh! cheesy

Anyways, BHI or not, I still agree with the principle of this thread - there's lots of human wisdom being portrayed as divine wisdom out there.
Re: Every Argument In This Forum Must Be Backed By Biblical Verse Jeremiah 23 Vs 31 by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 17, 2012
debosky:

Na wa oh! cheesy

Anyways, BHI or not, I still agree with the principle of this thread - there's lots of human wisdom being portrayed as divine wisdom out there.

I concur !!

What worries me is how people will see what the bible says and try to twist it to their own destruction.

This is how Peter put it very succinctly.

"Bear in mind that our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him.He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction." - 2 Peter 3:16
Re: Every Argument In This Forum Must Be Backed By Biblical Verse Jeremiah 23 Vs 31 by Sweetnecta: 4:43pm On Feb 17, 2012
^^^ Which destruction method have you chosen for yourself when you insist that Jesus is God Almighty Creator Who Jesus put his face to the ground to pray to at Gethsemane?
Re: Every Argument In This Forum Must Be Backed By Biblical Verse Jeremiah 23 Vs 31 by Nobody: 4:51pm On Feb 17, 2012
Sweetnecta:

^^^ Which destruction method have you chosen for yourself when you insist that Jesus is God Almighty Creator Who Jesus put his face to the ground to pray to at Gethsemane?

Jesus Christ did not prostrate to your false moon god and idol.

Jesus Christ is GOD, one day my bible says, you will bow before his feet and so will Muhammad.

Amen !!
Re: Every Argument In This Forum Must Be Backed By Biblical Verse Jeremiah 23 Vs 31 by Goshen360(m): 4:55pm On Feb 17, 2012
@  buzugee,

As  much as i agree with you that everything we say on this forum must be backed by valid bible verses, even as many of us quote out of context verses to back up our claim/thought of the word of God. However, the bible verse you also quoted has nothing to do with argument, it is based on a prophet saying what God didn't tell such prophet to say. As in a prophet speaking out of his thought using same way of prophet gift to convey his message. You can read from different translations to get the thought am sharing. http://bible.cc/jeremiah/23-31.htm

Sure you are doing great today?
Re: Every Argument In This Forum Must Be Backed By Biblical Verse Jeremiah 23 Vs 31 by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 17, 2012
buzugee:

ANOTHER 3000 YEAR PREDICTION ABOUT HOW THE EUROPEANS WILL NAME THE LANDS OF THE WORLD (CONTINENTS) AFTER THEMSELVES BECAUSE OF THEIR PRIDE (OBADIAH 1 VS 3) AND ARROGANCE.
PSALMS 49 VS 11 'Their tombs will remain their houses forever, their dwellings for endless generations, though they had named lands after themselves'

AMERICA- NAMED AFTER AMERIGO VESPUCCI
AFRICA- NAMED AFTER LEO SCIPIO AFRICANUS
basically what the lord is saying here is that even though in their arrogance they named continents after themselves, when he returns he will wipe them out forever (obadiah 1 vs 18)

Leo Africanus (al-Hasan ibn Muhammad al-Wazzan al-Fasi) was named after Africa and not the other way round
Re: Every Argument In This Forum Must Be Backed By Biblical Verse Jeremiah 23 Vs 31 by buzugee(m): 9:46pm On Feb 17, 2012
goshen360:

@  buzugee,

As  much as i agree with you that everything we say on this forum must be backed by valid bible verses, even as many of us quote out of context verses to back up our claim/thought of the word of God. However, the bible verse you also quoted has nothing to do with argument, it is based on a prophet saying what God didn't tell such prophet to say. As in a prophet speaking out of his thought using same way of prophet gift to convey his message. You can read from different translations to get the thought am sharing. http://bible.cc/jeremiah/23-31.htm

Sure you are doing great today?
obviously you do not know the power of the words of God. the words of God is ambiguous and does not apply to specific events. The word of God is like a two edged sword HEBREWS 4 VS 12. and the context in which i used the word is a correct context. it says he does not want people adding their own opinions to his words. i think thats pretty self explanatory. hopefully even a supposed learned person like yourself can comprehend the simplicity of that verse.
Re: Every Argument In This Forum Must Be Backed By Biblical Verse Jeremiah 23 Vs 31 by buzugee(m): 9:50pm On Feb 17, 2012
debosky:

Na wa oh! cheesy

some of these folks need to be repelled with haterade. thats all that is. i wouldnt pay frosbel no mind. he is a charlatan. grin
Re: Every Argument In This Forum Must Be Backed By Biblical Verse Jeremiah 23 Vs 31 by buzugee(m): 9:52pm On Feb 17, 2012
Sweetnecta:

lol help me ask that charlatan
Re: Every Argument In This Forum Must Be Backed By Biblical Verse Jeremiah 23 Vs 31 by buzugee(m): 9:56pm On Feb 17, 2012
bermuda1:

Leo Africanus (al-Hasan ibn Muhammad al-Wazzan al-Fasi) was named after Africa and not the other way round

stop embarrassing yourself. pick up a book sometimes. grin JK. leo scipio africanus is different from Joannes Leo Africanus (also known as al-hasan ibn muhammad al wazzan al fasi)
Re: Every Argument In This Forum Must Be Backed By Biblical Verse Jeremiah 23 Vs 31 by Goshen360(m): 10:14pm On Feb 17, 2012
buzugee:

obviously you do not know the power of the words of God. the words of God is ambiguous and does not apply to specific events. The word of God is like a two edged sword HEBREWS 4 VS 12. and the context in which i used the word is a correct context. it says he does not want people adding their own opinions to his words. i think thats pretty self explanatory. hopefully even a supposed learned person like yourself can comprehend the simplicity of that verse.

You don dey vex, lol. grin cool cool
Re: Every Argument In This Forum Must Be Backed By Biblical Verse Jeremiah 23 Vs 31 by buzugee(m): 10:51pm On Feb 17, 2012
goshen360:

You don dey vex, lol.  grin  cool  cool
NO SIR, you came at me sideways so i came at you sideways. its biblical. ezekiel 3 vs 8 Behold, I have made your face strong against their faces, and your forehead strong against their foreheads.    grin

(1) (Reply)

4 Types Of Christians On Nairaland / Top 9 Most Dumb and silly lies That Even Non Christians & professors Believe In. / Things The Bible Never Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.