Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,882 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Corps Member Stabs Colleague At Send-off In Abeokuta - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corps Member Stabs Colleague At Send-off In Abeokuta (13271 Views)

Corper Stabs Boss In Calabar Over Clearance (photo) / Corps Member Chokes Girlfriend Over Rival In Delta / Family Hides ‘missing’ Corps Member In Lagos – NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corps Member Stabs Colleague At Send-off In Abeokuta by mukina2: 2:11pm On Feb 17, 2012
Confusion engulfed the Nigerian Union of Journalists secretariat, Abeokuta on Thursday when a corps member stabbed a colleague with a broken bottle during a send-off.

The corps members were said to be members of the Batch A National youth Service Corps, which completed their service year on Thursday.

It was learnt that following the passing out parade organised by the state NYSC authorities, scores of corps members from the 2011/2012 Batch ‘A’ gathered at the relaxation spot at the NUJ secretariat to celebrate the successful completion of their service year.

Trouble was said to have started when a corper, identified as Chinonso Johnson, was said to have accidentally stabbed another, Uchenna, on the forehead.

Eyewitnesses said most of the corps members were under the influence of alcohol and subsequently, a bitter argument ensued, leading to the further breaking of bottles.

Customers at the beer joint scampered for safety as the corpers engaged one another in a show of strength and superiority.

Chinonso later fled the scene but other corps members pursued and apprehended him. He was immediately handed over to the police at Mobile Force 16 headquarters, Abeokuta.

It was learnt that Uchenna, following the injuries sustained on the forehead, was rushed to an undisclosed hospital for medical attention.

Earlier at the passing-out parade of NYSC in Abeokuta, the South-West Coordinator II, Osogbo, Osun State, Mrs. Abosede Aderibigbe, advised corps members to always be security conscious.

Speaking at the ceremony held at the NYSC State Secretariat, Oke-Ilewo, Abeokuta, Aderibigbe cautioned the corps members against travelling to their various destinations in corps members’ uniform.

http://www.punchng.com/news/corps-member-stabs-colleague-at-send-off/
Re: Corps Member Stabs Colleague At Send-off In Abeokuta by vykte(m): 2:17pm On Feb 17, 2012
who cares?
Re: Corps Member Stabs Colleague At Send-off In Abeokuta by strangest(m): 2:21pm On Feb 17, 2012
Probably a cult fight, wole soyinka, your boys are living your dream
Re: Corps Member Stabs Colleague At Send-off In Abeokuta by gulfer: 2:34pm On Feb 17, 2012
strangest:

Can you hear yourself bray, AS.S.H.O.L, E. What has Wole Soyinka got to do with this.
Re: Corps Member Stabs Colleague At Send-off In Abeokuta by velo10: 2:38pm On Feb 17, 2012
Stupidity, instead of concentrating on their careers ahead of them, they still resort to violence.
Re: Corps Member Stabs Colleague At Send-off In Abeokuta by blackboi(m): 2:40pm On Feb 17, 2012
Foolish copers sad
Re: Corps Member Stabs Colleague At Send-off In Abeokuta by slimyem: 2:41pm On Feb 17, 2012
what a celebration!
Instead of the idiots to go back to their homes and thank their stars for getting them thrru the year,they decided to go green.
They got what they deserved!
Re: Corps Member Stabs Colleague At Send-off In Abeokuta by purplekayc(m): 2:44pm On Feb 17, 2012
Foolish after all da stress?
Re: Corps Member Stabs Colleague At Send-off In Abeokuta by opensine: 2:52pm On Feb 17, 2012
A multi- disciplinary company requires services of marketers in Abuja & metropolis

Minimum requirement: OND in social science or any other related courses.

Any interested candidate should send his or her CV through this email address
info@tospod.com on or before 21/2/2012.
Re: Corps Member Stabs Colleague At Send-off In Abeokuta by mecuryf(f): 2:53pm On Feb 17, 2012
probably university cultists who to they were still on campus undecided
Re: Corps Member Stabs Colleague At Send-off In Abeokuta by ayox2003: 2:54pm On Feb 17, 2012
Corpashun and beer- 5 and 6. Thank God he's still alive.
Re: Corps Member Stabs Colleague At Send-off In Abeokuta by coupeboy(m): 2:55pm On Feb 17, 2012
Toooo Bad for future leaders like this, What a hullabaloo!!  embarassed
Re: Corps Member Stabs Colleague At Send-off In Abeokuta by Nobody: 2:56pm On Feb 17, 2012
EEDIOTS, They didnt know that NYSC means: Now Your Suffering Continue(NYSC), you better hurry up and look 4 job b4 u die wretched undecided
Re: Corps Member Stabs Colleague At Send-off In Abeokuta by veesion: 3:03pm On Feb 17, 2012
i pity their parents angry[color=#550000][/color]
Re: Corps Member Stabs Colleague At Send-off In Abeokuta by executinal(m): 3:03pm On Feb 17, 2012
too much beer in the blood.
Re: Corps Member Stabs Colleague At Send-off In Abeokuta by coresphinx: 3:04pm On Feb 17, 2012
Was once a corps member. Served in Rivers (Although the experience was nothing to write home about), I made an impact during my tym there. My students still call me to tell me their success stories.

It is a pity these animals didn't leave their clandestine childish acts. What Nonsense! The worst part is that during my days when cults were cults, you will be dealt with for effin up a jewman!

Fronting wiseguys promoted reps not jewmen! And back then any and all real wisemen knew that survival came from IQ not strength.

These small small boys wey dey form primary school activity say na group, NO GO GREE MAKE PERSON HEAR WORD!!!

Make the Mopol People drill them wella, With betta Guava Tree Branch.
Re: Corps Member Stabs Colleague At Send-off In Abeokuta by Okijajuju1(m): 3:12pm On Feb 17, 2012
mtchewwww angry
Re: Corps Member Stabs Colleague At Send-off In Abeokuta by amtheone(m): 3:14pm On Feb 17, 2012
Dat one has fully graduated from slaughtering business. Now he wants to also fully practice it.

The animal should be duly punished.

Nonsense.
Re: Corps Member Stabs Colleague At Send-off In Abeokuta by bigsean(m): 3:26pm On Feb 17, 2012
fake kids
Re: Corps Member Stabs Colleague At Send-off In Abeokuta by ugosly(m): 3:36pm On Feb 17, 2012
Yeye boys!Allowee still plenty for their hand.
Dem go soon know how far,
Re: Corps Member Stabs Colleague At Send-off In Abeokuta by yme1(f): 3:36pm On Feb 17, 2012
smh
Re: Corps Member Stabs Colleague At Send-off In Abeokuta by andyanders: 3:38pm On Feb 17, 2012
He should not be giving any discharge certificate. I dio=t
Re: Corps Member Stabs Colleague At Send-off In Abeokuta by octavian(m): 3:38pm On Feb 17, 2012
Instead of the idiots to go back to their homes and thank their stars for getting them thrru the year,
they decided to go green

They went red,
Re: Corps Member Stabs Colleague At Send-off In Abeokuta by Teaser4(m): 3:46pm On Feb 17, 2012
y me:

smh
pls i wana ask,what is the meaning of "smh" is it somehow,
Re: Corps Member Stabs Colleague At Send-off In Abeokuta by Egbagirl(f): 4:06pm On Feb 17, 2012
mecury_f:

probably university cultists who to they were still on campus undecided

the article clearly said they were NYSC members who were celebrating after their send-off ceremony. which one be university cult boys again? shoo!

@article, really sad to see how this guys has just thrown his life away. I bet you the argument was over something very silly. This is what foolishness + too much alcohol does to some people.
Re: Corps Member Stabs Colleague At Send-off In Abeokuta by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 17, 2012
Teaser4:

pls i wana ask,what is the meaning of "smh" is it somehow,

Shaking My Head, ( ie in Pity);Oya my student pay ur money grin
Re: Corps Member Stabs Colleague At Send-off In Abeokuta by doziej84: 4:21pm On Feb 17, 2012
strangest:

who is this idiot making this post. what has soyinka's pyrates confraternity have to do with 2 drunl corp members acting out their stupidity and frustration.
think wella before u post my brother. think deeply before you hit your keypads.

have a nice day.
Re: Corps Member Stabs Colleague At Send-off In Abeokuta by xeryve(m): 4:22pm On Feb 17, 2012
It is not their fault really. If they were posted to a place like Maiduguri or Yobe and they eventually survived, the next thing they would have done is to head to a church and do thanks giving.
Re: Corps Member Stabs Colleague At Send-off In Abeokuta by BeauHomme: 4:28pm On Feb 17, 2012
I don't blame them, they were posted to Ogun state. Suppose se na Bornu or Kano or Bauchi,etc, them for humble. Concluded my service last year in Jos. At the Passing-Out-Parade, what was on everyone's mind was to get back to their families in one piece. You'd seen (or heard of) so much bloodshed in one year, that on the send-off day,revelry is not one of your priorities, talk more violence.
Advice to NYSC: extend their service years, which they must complete in one of the Boko zones or the ethno-religious flashpoints. U go see violence, your cult swag go mellow.
Re: Corps Member Stabs Colleague At Send-off In Abeokuta by Nobody: 4:42pm On Feb 17, 2012
I'm sure they were both cult members, Well or separated lovers he he. Not funny tho :|
Re: Corps Member Stabs Colleague At Send-off In Abeokuta by SANCTO: 4:44pm On Feb 17, 2012
So wole soyinka is a Seaman. If the grey hair Papa is a CELEBRATED Cultist. What advice will he give to school Children? His Children must be capons and his generation gangsters.
When i was advising a young peep not to join cult He Said " the First Naija Lauret holder is a cultist"

OUR LEADERS ARE MEN OF THE UNDERWORLD!!! WE ARE FINISHED.
No wonder he has link with boko boys that s why they were after him!!
Re: Corps Member Stabs Colleague At Send-off In Abeokuta by Egbagirl(f): 4:54pm On Feb 17, 2012
SANCTO:

So wole soyinka is a Seaman. If the grey hair Papa is a CELEBRATED Cultist. What advice will he give to school Children? His Children must be capons and his generation gangsters.
When i was advising a young peep not to join cult He Said " the First Naija Lauret holder is a cultist"

OUR LEADERS ARE MEN OF THE UNDERWORLD!!! WE ARE FINISHED.
No wonder he has link with boko boys that s why they were after him!!  

Please kindly re-read your post and you can like to want to "modify" it big time. See logic? SMH.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Tears Of A Wounded Corper / NYSC BATCH B14 (delta) Lets Meet Here / River State Batch A 2015! Lets Me Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.