Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,880 members, 7,802,844 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

Boko Haram Attacks Nigerian Imigration Service - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Attacks Nigerian Imigration Service (10267 Views)

Boko Haram Attacks Monguno And Baga / Boko Haram Attacks Village In Borno, 15 Dead – Residents / Boko-Haram Attacks Arik Aircraft In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Attacks Nigerian Imigration Service by frankmoney(m): 2:45pm On Feb 17, 2012
Boko Haram Thursday invaded the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Office in Damaturu, Yobe state capital, carting away six international (Nigerian) passports during the operation.

Similarly, a lone gunman suspected to be members of Boko Haram was arrested inside the popular Baga fish market in Maiduguri, Borno State.

Reacting to the incident, the Comptroller-General of NIS, Mrs. Rose Uzoma, urged members of the public to be on the lookout for the six passports that have been declared missing. Their numbers are A02915421, A0295422, A0295423, A02915428, A02915472, and A02915473.

Speaking through a statement signed by the Superintendent of Immigration (Public Relations Unit), Mr. Mohammed Musa, Uzoma, warned that any member of the public who is found in possession of the missing passports (without reporting or handing them over to the relevant authorities) would be prosecuted.

The statement read: “The Comptroller-General of the Nigerian Immigration Service, Mrs. Rose Uzoma, has directed to inform the general that the under-listed six passport have been declared missing as a result of the suspected Boko Haram vandalisation of the Passport Office, Damaturu, Yobe State.

“The management of the Service wishes to warn the general public that any person found in possession of any of the missing e-passports shall be apprehended and made to face the full wrath of the law.”

The immigration boss however advised any person wishing to acquire e-passport to still go to the NIS passport offices spread across the various state capitals of the country.

Meanwhile, THISDAY gathered that the suspected gunman had come into the market at about 1p.m. with the intention of killing someone.

The gunman, who was dressed in a flowing gown was about pulling out his gun when he was wrestled down by some traders.

In the process several gunshots were released which made many to scamper for safety.

The gunshots drew the attention of the soldiers to the scene and the gunman was finally suppressed and taken away.

It would be recalled that about four months ago at the same market a goat-seller was killed by another suspected sect members in day light.

Spokesman of the Joint Task Force (JTF) in Borno State, Lt. Col. Hassan Mohammed, in a statement to journalists, said: “The task force with the assistance of traders arrested a gun man suspected to be members of the Boko Haram who entered the market to kill innocent people.”

He commended the effort and 'gallantry' displayed by the people at the market which led to the arrest of the gunman, adding that the people have displayed that security is a collective responsibility.

“They (traders) have displayed that security is a collective responsibility and that the sect members are not invisible as they now choose to operate in markets and highly concentrated areas,” Mohammed added.

He enjoined other members of the public to emulate this effort and team up with security forces to ensure a lasting peace in the state.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/boko-haram-invades-immigration-office/109485/
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Nigerian Imigration Service by Nobody: 2:50pm On Feb 17, 2012
do you want me to believe this without Proof? angry
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Nigerian Imigration Service by frankmoney(m): 2:55pm On Feb 17, 2012
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Nigerian Imigration Service by hakanai(m): 2:58pm On Feb 17, 2012
Atleast the traders were not accused of clapping this time around undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided or helping the assilants. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked as suggested by ethnocentric goons.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Nigerian Imigration Service by frankmoney(m): 3:05pm On Feb 17, 2012
THE END OF BOKOHARAM IS NEAR !!, ,bt wait o, wetn dem one use international passport do ? Them one apply for visa ?
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Nigerian Imigration Service by supoade: 4:41pm On Feb 17, 2012
wetn dem one use international passport do ? Them one apply for visa ?

exactly my thought, there is more to this. if they could risk all for mere intl. passports, something is fishy!
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Nigerian Imigration Service by youngdee168(m): 5:00pm On Feb 17, 2012
BH Again? Dem no dey finish?
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Nigerian Imigration Service by executinal(m): 5:57pm On Feb 17, 2012
Good news, let the crack down continue. Very soon boko rams will size to exist.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Nigerian Imigration Service by Basics007: 5:59pm On Feb 17, 2012
*claps for traders* but i would advise them to keep away from that market in the meantime o
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Nigerian Imigration Service by bisiaet: 6:03pm On Feb 17, 2012
So they want to travel too or what is their mission for International passport? Ignorant and silliness is a serious disease I guess their end is near they have degraded themselves from Islamic Jihadist to a bandits, looters, and bank robbers, cowardness is a terrible state of mind i'm so sorry for these lazy a s s hole called Boko animals.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Nigerian Imigration Service by chosen04(f): 6:32pm On Feb 17, 2012
executinal:

Good news, let the crack down continue. Very soon boko rams will size to exist.

Unfortunately blood sucking evil of Boko Haram dimension dont end. If It does AL-QEDE and TABLIAN will be a thing of the past. Its better not to allow events that will give rise to them in the 1st place.

I only laughed when GEJ said it will come and pass. ************Mark my words . . . . . . NEVER**********
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Nigerian Imigration Service by 9ja4eva: 6:38pm On Feb 17, 2012
Not surprised.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Nigerian Imigration Service by kcemeto(m): 6:51pm On Feb 17, 2012
TUMBS up 4 JEG n his security can't u see they are winning d war, boko haram wanna checkout. Well, BH i put it 2 u ur dayz are numbered. Abeg make i go on Gen jare.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Nigerian Imigration Service by ifyalways(f): 6:56pm On Feb 17, 2012
Hmmn,why would BH go all that way just for 6 international passports?

Those guys are probably new recruits of BH.Publsihing the passport numbers is not enough,they should funish us(or the SSS) with the passport holders names and pictures.

Why would BH be interested in 6 passports out of all the lot?abi BH no want make the 6 people travel ni?are they trying to flee from BH?

Na wao.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Nigerian Imigration Service by doofanc: 7:17pm On Feb 17, 2012
What are they doing with passports
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Nigerian Imigration Service by phreakabit(m): 7:25pm On Feb 17, 2012
doofanc:

What are they doing with passports

Are you seriously asking this? They need those passports for their foreign members in the country. I suggest we strongly consider having an SNC now!!!! The way I see it, the North is buying time with all this excuses they are making. Them and BH are planning to do something drastic!
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Nigerian Imigration Service by phreakabit(m): 7:26pm On Feb 17, 2012
Mrs Rose Uzoma you are a fool! Stay there, don't take heed to the words of those saying leave the North, you'd be next to die!
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Nigerian Imigration Service by Nobody: 7:50pm On Feb 17, 2012
Whatever happened to d curse dat was unleashed by d preacher??
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Nigerian Imigration Service by mrperfect(m): 8:00pm On Feb 17, 2012
This is really sad.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Nigerian Imigration Service by gfus: 8:30pm On Feb 17, 2012
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Nigerian Imigration Service by ugosly(m): 10:07pm On Feb 17, 2012
It seems these days,every carelessness and negligence of duty culminating in the loss of lives,accident or any other unfortunate event,is blamed on BH,Even a hungry ,petty armed robber or a poorly trained Low IQ trigger happy police officerin Nigeria now is a Boko Haram.
Imagine that,thieves brok into a poorly secure Immigration facility ,carted away Intn'l passports,and the best explanation they can come up with is to tell us Boko boys hav done it again,very funny.
Why wuld BH steal international passports when they can afford as many as they want if they hav any need for it.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Nigerian Imigration Service by Jokingly(m): 10:18pm On Feb 17, 2012
chosen04 this ur ukwu na wer u get am grin
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Nigerian Imigration Service by Oluwa4Sure: 10:38pm On Feb 17, 2012
Na wa o
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Nigerian Imigration Service by chelseabmw(m): 12:03am On Feb 18, 2012
lol. . . . . . . . . . . . . . i hail all of una. . .boko people
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Nigerian Imigration Service by chmod777: 7:58am On Feb 18, 2012
gosh ! GEJ is clueless , odechukwu, why have they arrested these BOKO HARAM guys,
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Nigerian Imigration Service by baslone: 9:09am On Feb 18, 2012
ugosly:

It seems these days,every carelessness and negligence of duty culminating in the loss of lives,accident or any other unfortunate event,is blamed on BH,Even a hungry ,petty armed robber or a poorly trained Low IQ trigger happy police officerin Nigeria now  is a Boko Haram.
Imagine that,thieves brok into a poorly secure Immigration facility ,carted away Intn'l passports,and the best explanation they can come up with is to tell us Boko boys hav done it again,very funny.
Why wuld BH steal international passports when they can afford as many as they want if they hav any need for it.

Thumbs!!!!

In fact, I lost my ATM card yesterday and I suspect Boko Haram too!!!

eediotsssssssss!!!!!
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Nigerian Imigration Service by Lasinoh: 10:53am On Feb 18, 2012
So Nigeria has immigration service and the Northern parts of Nigeria have been colonized by Niger Republicans? cheesy
O gwokor gwokor!!!! grin
Na wetin dem they 'immigrate' Chineke GaDormiRRy?
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Nigerian Imigration Service by flexdee(m): 11:59am On Feb 18, 2012
Boko Haram indeed!
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Nigerian Imigration Service by Whynow(m): 9:22pm On Feb 18, 2012
They need it to fly to china to manufacture virgins. they have ran out of ideas on how to die.

(1) (Reply)

Has The South West Made A Wrong Move? / Military Officers, 3 Firms Temporary Forfeit N200million To FG / PAN Nigeria Hosts Air Force War College

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.