Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

Nahco To Sack 3000 Aviation Workers - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nahco To Sack 3000 Aviation Workers (7301 Views)

Shell To Sack 10,000 Workers - Capital Post / NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff / Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nahco To Sack 3000 Aviation Workers by feelamong(m): 3:46pm On Feb 17, 2012
Major ground handling company, Nigerian Aviation Handling Company ( NAHCO) Plc, has indicated that it would lay off about 3000 workers as it strategises to become more profitable.

The sack is one of the many in the last five years as the company which was privatised in 2005 from being a subsidiary of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) had to sack those who did not conform with its new objectives as a private concern.

The CEO of the company, Kayode Olusegun Ojo, explained that NAHCO who confirmed the planned sack said that it was part of the organisation’s transformation programme which it embarked upon two years ago to reposition itself.

“We started with infrastructural renewal, purchase of equipment and human resource development. But where there are redundancies, they have to be declared in consonance with labour laws.”

The NAHCO boss also said the activities of the company must meet aviation standards expected from its personnel, adding that all the workers were being carried along in the actions the company was taking.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nahco-to-sack-3000-aviation-workers/109472/

“There are also aviation standards expected of our staff and where there are areas of professional conflicts, we apply rules of engagement and disengagement. But all staff are carried along in our processes and decisions,” Olusegun Ojo said.

Reacting to the planned sack, the National President, Air Transport Services Senior Staff Association of Nigeria ( ATSSSAN), Benjamin Okewu, said that the union was aware of the NAHCO plan and has engaged the company in talks to see how it would mitigate the effects of the job loss.

NAHCO may have started issuing termination letters to the affected staff before labour intervened, the same way it happened three years ago.
Re: Nahco To Sack 3000 Aviation Workers by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 17, 2012
It is well.
Re: Nahco To Sack 3000 Aviation Workers by Ganjafama(m): 4:36pm On Feb 17, 2012
And the beat goes on.
Re: Nahco To Sack 3000 Aviation Workers by gempo(m): 4:44pm On Feb 17, 2012
People should start looking inwards on how to make a living. Am sorry for those that still have the mentality of if not white collar jobs i won't do any other thing to support myself. People should start facing realities.
Re: Nahco To Sack 3000 Aviation Workers by opoke(m): 4:52pm On Feb 17, 2012
Creating more BH boys! Nija where are going to?
Re: Nahco To Sack 3000 Aviation Workers by ifyalways(f): 4:55pm On Feb 17, 2012
Welcome to the streets . . .
Re: Nahco To Sack 3000 Aviation Workers by fizzybaba(m): 5:02pm On Feb 17, 2012
It is frightening reading about job loss left, right and centre.

Poverty in the midst of plenty!
Re: Nahco To Sack 3000 Aviation Workers by TopAnalyst(m): 5:02pm On Feb 17, 2012
What else do you expect from a Poverty Development Party (PDP)government? grin grin grin
Re: Nahco To Sack 3000 Aviation Workers by bulksms247(m): 5:09pm On Feb 17, 2012
Here are we talking of unemployment in this country and this people are creating more unemployment instead of employment. Infact this name Nigeria is really affecting us badly. My fellow young guys is time we let the government and dem stealers to be, leave their offices for them so that they and their mama go work there, its time to bring out the spirit of enterprenuship and be your own BOSS.
Re: Nahco To Sack 3000 Aviation Workers by Lollysbride: 5:17pm On Feb 17, 2012
I agree with you.[img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.php[/img]
Re: Nahco To Sack 3000 Aviation Workers by GWslim(f): 5:24pm On Feb 17, 2012
More wahala for the dead bodi
Re: Nahco To Sack 3000 Aviation Workers by Ournaija: 5:38pm On Feb 17, 2012
I just hope it wouldn`t get to the point that people will turn into cannibals for lack of what to eat.
Re: Nahco To Sack 3000 Aviation Workers by badesco(m): 5:43pm On Feb 17, 2012
Despite unemployment is on the increase daily, with this now, unemployment would further rise and worsen. then more armed robbery cases to follow. I pity Nigeria.
Re: Nahco To Sack 3000 Aviation Workers by feelamong(m): 5:59pm On Feb 17, 2012
Well how do they say it??

When the poor do not have any more food to eat they will EAT THE RICH! lipsrsealed
Re: Nahco To Sack 3000 Aviation Workers by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:50pm On Feb 17, 2012
Not to worry, GEJ is planning another YOUWIN style Project again wink
Re: Nahco To Sack 3000 Aviation Workers by GboyegaD(m): 7:14pm On Feb 17, 2012
Things keep getting worse despite we having a government in Nigeria. These PDP goons have done us greater harm and no good. I only hope this would be the last time we would choose to follow some silly people who choose to deceive us.
Re: Nahco To Sack 3000 Aviation Workers by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 17, 2012
I thought jonah has created 360,000 jobs
Re: Nahco To Sack 3000 Aviation Workers by chuks49(m): 7:53pm On Feb 17, 2012
Fresh Air
Re: Nahco To Sack 3000 Aviation Workers by Kolababa: 9:03pm On Feb 17, 2012
I work in the airport and I work these NAHCO guys. NAHCO is short staffing and they are thinking of sacking. What a madness? The work of five people is being one by one person . Instead of employing more, they are thinking of sacking. I dont blame them, most of the top management of NAHCO are PDP members. They are running the company the way they run Nigeria.
Re: Nahco To Sack 3000 Aviation Workers by kheart(m): 9:16pm On Feb 17, 2012
haaah fresh air.
Re: Nahco To Sack 3000 Aviation Workers by member479760: 1:16pm On Feb 18, 2012
Mr. 1600 looking for 1600 drivers apply within.
Re: Nahco To Sack 3000 Aviation Workers by Caringpro(f): 6:07pm On Mar 26, 2012
This nahco they are recruiting nw, hw come they still want to sack. Is it that they want to sack and bring new ones

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Tuc's Food Union (FOBTOB) In An Ongoing Nationwide Industrial Action. / Everything About TEFL Career For Nigerians / Benue State Government To Commence Mock Table Payment Of Workers Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.