Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,243 members, 7,807,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

What Should I Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Should I Do? (757 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Do? by rahjan: 9:39am On Feb 18, 2012
What i need is level headed evaluation since i am too emotionally involved to be capable of reasoning, i seek advice from u guys. Here is my story.

I am a young man,good job and generally doing fine.
I met dis young lady thru an old girlfriend of mine and we became friends first. While we were still just friends she met a married friend of mine thru me.
Our friendship progressed slowly due to d fact that i had once gone out with her close friend but eventually our mutual likeness for each other got us into a relationship.
Last weekend she came visiting and while playing with her,i asked her if she had secrets she keeps from me. She reacted slightly in a strange way but i noticed and so, i pressed her as if i really knew something and she finally confessed that she slept with my married friend in a motel. I was shocked as i asked her when she was planning to tell me and she said she planned to tell me when our relationship had gone deeper and more able to withstand d shock.

Now my problem is not only that she slept wit my friend (though i go crazy anytime i imagine him on top of her) but mainly that she followed a married man to a motel and what that action says about her character which she might have been doing a great job covering up.
Frankly,i love dis girl but now i think shes loose and deceitful and logically i should breakup with her. Am i thinking straight?
Re: What Should I Do? by KOMBE: 9:55am On Feb 18, 2012
The sad thing is that you will always live with this thought for the rest of your life. If you can cope with it, please go ahead and marry as long as she has repented of it and assurance that it will never happen again.
Re: What Should I Do? by InkedNerd(f): 10:01am On Feb 18, 2012
@OP: It's understandable why you feel the way you do--many people would feel that way as well. If you intend to pursue anything with this girl, unfortunately one aspect of you being with her is accepting that she did what she did. I'm not saying it's ok, because it's certainly not especially given the fact that she knowingly had sëx with a mutual friend who was married but you need to ask yourself, can you really live with the idea or thought that you mutual friend had sëx with her? After you've done that, I'd suggest you question the nature of your relationship with her. Clearly, you thought that you two had gotten quite close so for her to have kept that from you says something. While I uderstand why she may have wanted to wait to tell you, that doesn't make her actions ok nor does it excuse the fact that she willingly interfered with someone's marriage. Now with that being said, it does appear that she is of a decietful nature and the main reason I say that is not because she kept it from you but mainly because she got involved in someone else's marriage. She obviously didn't have the decency to respect teh sanctity of the person's marriage so what's to say she could actually respect the sactity of your relationship with her? Initially, I was gonna ask you what led up to her having slept with your mutual friend but the reason behind it all is irrelivent. Hmmm, the problem with dating someone like her is the fact that although you may forgive her, you run the risk of always having to look over your should when it comes to whether or not your actually trust her. In essence, being in a relationship shouldn't require one to constantly be suspricious of their partner. And if you do end up in such a situation, you must then ask yourself, is this what you really want? Is this the sort of relationship you really want? And if so, what do you think the future of that relationship will entail given the constant suspicion?
Re: What Should I Do? by rahjan: 10:08am On Feb 18, 2012
Thank you guys,u will never really know how much i appreciate ur response.
Re: What Should I Do? by webcam(m): 12:15pm On Feb 18, 2012
my advice is that move on with her because the devil you know is better than the angel you dont know there are some lady that do what worse than that yet there hubby dint know, what if she dint confess to you?appreciate the fact that she confess to you and try to advice her to change to new leave
Re: What Should I Do? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 18, 2012
Okay, maybe unusual, nevertheless. Don't marry her, don't marry anyone. Stay single, bro! Marriage has its bad episodes and I'm not so sure you want to get into it.
Staying single can be the best thing to ever happen to any man! cheesy
Re: What Should I Do? by NerdyPoet(m): 12:33pm On Feb 18, 2012
@OP : There is something you must understand, if somewhere down in your heart you keep on thinking about what she has done, there is no way your relationship can progress and the worst is the fact that you won't be able to trust her, so the only thing I would advise is; if you can't trust her anymore, then don't marry her, else you will regret every moment of that marriage,
Re: What Should I Do? by bingbagbo(m): 12:38pm On Feb 18, 2012
marry am ASAP!!
Re: What Should I Do? by james2man: 8:44pm On Feb 20, 2012
rahjan:

While we were still just friends she met a married friend of mine thru me.
Our friendship progressed slowly due to d fact that i had once gone out with her close friend but eventually our mutual likeness for each other got us into a relationship.

@Poster, If i may understand you clearly,you said it was thru YOU she got to know your married friend and yet she went ahead secretly and have ses with him, Do you ever asked her these question----why she did that(why she had ses with your married friend) and when was it  was it when you guys were just friend or after when your mutual likeness for each other got both of you into a relationship)these questions will help you to know who you're dealing with,and you need to ask yourself this question will you ever feel comfortable starting your future with someone you introduce to your friend and later have ses with him regardless of any situation(she may have excuses or probably say it was the work of devil)

Do you really think she will say NO,even if her ex contact her secretly and you don't know,it's a gradual process that may lead to ses(mind you ex issues has caused problems in lots of relationship/marriage)to be sincere with you,a discipline lady with integrity will never do such a thing(having ses with a friend you introduce to her how much more a married man)do you really think you can trust her?

Don't be blind by LOVE, when we cry we also see.

I wish you best of luck in your decision.

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Y We Go Into Relationships / Can You Date Your Best Friend's Ex-lover? / Proper Age Gap For Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.