Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,906 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

World’s Youngest Grandmother Is Just 23-years-old - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / World’s Youngest Grandmother Is Just 23-years-old (3408 Views)

Woman Carries Her Baby After 23-Years Of Marriage. See Photo / Please Help! My Grandmother Is Missing. / Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World’s Youngest Grandmother Is Just 23-years-old by Kaygeminix(f): 11:15am On Feb 18, 2012

A 23-year-old woman is claiming that she is the world’s youngest grandmother.

Rifca Stanescu gave birth when she was just 12 years old and two years ago her daughter Maria had a baby at the age of 11.

Despite urging her daughter not to follow in her footsteps and stay in school, Stanescu told The Sun that Maria left to get married when she was just 10 and gave birth to her first child the following year.

"I am happy to be a grandmother but wished more for Maria," Stanescu told the paper.

Stanescu also revealed that she eloped with jewellery salesman Ionel Stanescu when she was 11 and he was 13.

She fled with her boyfriend because she was worried her father would force her to marry someone else in the village of Investi in Romania.

Her mother, also named Maria, became a great grandmother at just 40 years old.

Last month, the woman who is set to become Britain’s youngest grandmother at age 29, said that her daughter becoming a teen mum was ‘her worst nightmare’.

Kelly John gave birth to her daughter, Tia, at age 14. Tia is now expecting her own child at the same age.

'My worst nightmare has always been that Tia would repeat my mistake and get pregnant young. [When I found out] I felt the colour drain from my face and all I could do was cry.' John told the News of the World.

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/blogs/yahoo-lifestyles/world-youngest-grandmother-just-23-years-old-194738200-34.html
Re: World’s Youngest Grandmother Is Just 23-years-old by agiboma(f): 11:01pm On Feb 18, 2012
wow is all i can say
Re: World’s Youngest Grandmother Is Just 23-years-old by femmy2010(m): 8:36am On Feb 21, 2012
The world has indeed gone gaga.
Re: World’s Youngest Grandmother Is Just 23-years-old by Bawss1(m): 10:14am On Feb 21, 2012
yuck

(1) (Reply)

My Husband Stil Chat With His EX!! / I Beat My Wife For The First Time ( Regret) / Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.