Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,187 members, 7,780,305 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:04 PM

Does Islam Promote Violence? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Does Islam Promote Violence? (2530 Views)

Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times? / What Does Islam Teach About 'Luck'? / Does Islam Promote Violence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Islam Promote Violence? by FXKing2012(m): 12:47pm On Feb 18, 2012
Why is is that all suicide bombers are Muslims?

Why is it that Muslims fight with members of other religions/faiths all over the world? Muslims have been fighting with Christians in Nigeria, the Philippines, etc; Muslims have been fighting with Hindus in India; Muslims have been fighting with Buddhists in China, etc etc.

Why is killing one of the tenets of Islam?

Why are Christians in Pakistan, Egypt, Iran and other Muslim majority countries being persecuted while Muslims in Christian majority countries are not persecuted?

These are the questions that make me wonder: does Islam really promote violence?

Let's intellectualize together and put the matter to rest once and for all.
Re: Does Islam Promote Violence? by FXKing2012(m): 12:49pm On Feb 18, 2012
Have your say!
Re: Does Islam Promote Violence? by LagosShia: 1:20pm On Feb 18, 2012
my say is that you are an idi.ot just as your likes are also!

this trend of starting up threads linking Islam with wahhabi terrorism and then trying to mix up that terrorism and the justified resistance of muslims fighting against occupation (as we see in palestine) and also bringing up trivial skirmishes between muslims and others is very deceptive.

there have been many threads on nairaland.i now see this as a deliberate attempt by christian missionaries to keep the fire burning and give Islam a bad reputation to score points.to me personally,humans generally are all violent.may be we could as well blame God for creating humans or may be we could as well envy chickens and lambs as they are way more peaceful than humans.christians want to use this as a missionary propaganda to "win souls".also to me,Islam even for argument sake can be violent but as far as it is the truth,i am pleased with it.at least a muslim country has not yet used atomic bomb nor has any started a world war.

two other threads on this same issue:

"Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace?"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-801408.0.html

"Islam, Begat Terrorism In The World"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-399131.224.html
Re: Does Islam Promote Violence? by PastorKun(m): 2:23pm On Feb 18, 2012
Well the truth is that Islam really does promote violence and religious intolerance even though islamists like lagosshia like to deny or down play it. Even the founder of Islam is recorded to have fought in 63 battles in which many souls were slaughtered. That aside there are several injunctions in the quoran and hadiths which inspires certain muslims to violence and intolerance.
Re: Does Islam Promote Violence? by LagosShia: 3:23pm On Feb 18, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^

@mumu pastor

it is no secret that Islam does promote self-defense and to defend one's life and property is sacred right which is both divine and humane.fighting 69 or 69000 battles does not mean one promotes violence.get real.

your mouth is so foul and your spirit mean and evil for you to say our Prophet (sa) killed so many "innocent" souls in those battles.you are shameless.is this what your fake yeye holy ghost is teaching you? we know that church business is good business.but if you dare use your marketing gimmicks to falsely accuse others what they are not,then you should be ready to face the wrath.

can you name one innocent person that was killed?

moreover,a bible thumper is accusing the Quran and hadiths of intolerance.you dont fear God at all.like Prophet Jesus son of Mary (as) said you are like your father the devil.search your utterly filthy bible well,you will find intolerance,evil,and immorality in abundance.as for the Muslim text,we are only told to fear God and defend ourselves only against those who attack us.we are told to live in peace with others and i can prove that.it looks like you want us to go over what we have gone through before in other threads and you shall be served right.
Re: Does Islam Promote Violence? by FXKing2012(m): 8:10pm On Feb 18, 2012
LagosShia:

^^^^^^^^^^

@mumu pastor

it is no secret that Islam does promote self-defense and to defend one's life and property is sacred right which is both divine and humane.fighting 69 or 69000 battles does not mean one promotes violence.get real.

your mouth is so foul and your spirit mean and evil for you to say our Prophet (sa) killed so many "innocent" souls in those battles.you are shameless.is this what your fake yeye holy ghost is teaching you? we know that church business is good business.but if you dare use your marketing gimmicks to falsely accuse others what they are not,then you should be ready to face the wrath.

can you name one innocent person that was killed?

moreover,a bible thumper is accusing the Quran and hadiths of intolerance.you dont fear God at all.like Prophet Jesus son of Mary (as) said you are like your father the devil.search your utterly filthy bible well,you will find intolerance,evil,and immorality in abundance.as for the Muslim text,we are only told to fear God and defend ourselves only against those who attack us.we are told to live in peace with others and i can prove that.it looks like you want us to go over what we have gone through before in other threads and you shall be served right.

Why are Muslims full of anger and hatred? Just look at your post and see how it's full of abuse and curses, this is just pathetic.
Re: Does Islam Promote Violence? by burgerking: 8:22pm On Feb 18, 2012
You don't need to look further ahead for incontrovertible evidence of Islam's promotion of violence and hate than Lagoshia's vile and belligerent response to previous polite posts on this thread. Lagoshia rather than address the topc intellectually is railing abuses on the messenger.

History is replete with examples of Islam's atrocities, mass murder, enslavement of africans and forced conversion which continues till date.

Have you asked yourselves why Moslmes find it diffiucult to co-exist peacefully with other civillizations. I won't have enough time to give example but these are just a few:

1) In the west, moslems migrate from their sharia-mad countries, are given jobs and benefits, yet turn around to hate and bomb their hosts. They hate their hosts, yet they won't go back to their backward countries.

2) After the partition of India into India and Pakistan. You had several hindus residing in Pakistan, but their population have declined rapidly over the years due to persecution by the moslem majority in Pakistan. On the other hand, moslems in Hindu majority India are thriving, because Hindu is tolerant unlike Islam.

3) In China, the tiny moslem dominated regions <0.001% have been terrorising and even threatened to bomb the beijing olympics.

4) The conflict in Kashmir would have been resolved if not for the intransigence and inflexibility of moslems in pakistan.

5) The moslem dominated areas in southern Thailand are fighting the majority hindu and regularly behead bhudist monks.

6) The tine moslems living in southern phllipines are waging war on the phillipine government.

7) The moslems living in chechyen and other areas of russia are up in arms fighting for their own state.

cool I can bet my life that if the palestines have been any other religion aside islam, that conflict could have been long resvolved.

9) I have forgotten to mention the moslems in Bosnia who were instrumental in staring the balkan wars of the 90's.

10) The christains in middle east including coptic xtains in egypt are facing huge and incalculable persecution, hence the drop in ther numbers in recent years. Why haven't the xtians taken up arms and start bombing their majority moslem compatriots?

There is definitely something in the molsem scriptures that turns sensible men like -lagoshia into hate filled bigots.

Is it just a coincidence that moslems always take up arms when living with other civillizations/religions?

Why are moslems over-represented in conflict around the world?
Re: Does Islam Promote Violence? by FXKing2012(m): 8:24pm On Feb 18, 2012
LagosShia:

my say is that you are an idi.ot just as your likes are also!

this trend of starting up threads linking Islam with wahhabi terrorism and then trying to mix up that terrorism and the justified resistance of muslims fighting against occupation (as we see in palestine) and also bringing up trivial skirmishes between muslims and others is very deceptive.

there have been many threads on nairaland.i now see this as a deliberate attempt by christian missionaries to keep the fire burning and give Islam a bad reputation to score points.to me personally,humans generally are all violent.may be we could as well blame God for creating humans or may be we could as well envy chickens and lambs as they are way more peaceful than humans.christians want to use this as a missionary propaganda to "win souls".also to me,Islam even for argument sake can be violent but as far as it is the truth,i am pleased with it.at least a muslim country has not yet used atomic bomb nor has any started a world war.

Pls permit me to dissect your argument one after the other: You talk of resistance in Palestine as a reason but are u aware that Egypt is not occupied yet we've had several cases of suicide bombers; Pakistan is not occupied yet everyday suicide bombers kill innocent souls there; Nigeria is not occupied yet innocent people are being killed daily in northern Nigeria by people fighting for the imposition of the Sharia law.
So your argument about resistance simply does not hold water.

Yes no Muslim country has used an atomic bomb but that is becos they didnt have the technical know-how to build one when the western countries were building theirs. And they didnt start a world war cos they couldnt - they didnt and still dont have the military might to start one.

You are quick to attack Christian missionaries without addressing the issue here. Question is are there lies in the original post? Are all suicide bombers not Muslims? Are Muslims not fighting Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, etc?, Are non-Muslims in Muslim majority countries not being persecuted while Muslims in Christian majority countries pretty much live their lives without fear of being persecuted?

Debunk these claims if u have any point rather than just raining abuse and curses on Christians.
Re: Does Islam Promote Violence? by LagosShia: 8:31pm On Feb 18, 2012
first before i deal with the posts point by point,let me clear my name.i can see that a couple of ghost followers are dancing "LagosShia".

i am being called names for calling someone "mumu pastor" and describing the bible as it truly is.but when someone is saying my own Prophet (sa) slaughtered innocent souls,that is all fine and called "polite posts".

i wont say more because the christians do not have scruples and do not know where to draw the line and demonstrate manners.they are confuse indeed because they follow a book of confusion.
Re: Does Islam Promote Violence? by FXKing2012(m): 8:32pm On Feb 18, 2012
burgerking:

You don't need to look further ahead for incontrovertible evidence of Islam's promotion of violence and hate than Lagoshia's vile and belligerent response to previous polite posts on this thread. Lagoshia rather than address the topc intellectually is railing abuses on the messenger.

History is replete with examples of Islam's atrocities, mass murder, enslavement of africans and forced conversion which continues till date.

Have you asked yourselves why Moslmes find it diffiucult to co-exist peacefully with other civillizations. I won't have enough time to give example but these are just a few:

1) In the west, moslems migrate from their sharia-mad countries, are given jobs and benefits, yet turn around to hate and bomb their hosts. They hate their hosts, yet they won't go back to their backward countries.

2) After the partition of India into India and Pakistan. You had several hindus residing in Pakistan, but their population have declined rapidly over the years due to persecution by the moslem majority in Pakistan. On the other hand, moslems in Hindu majority India are thriving, because Hindu is tolerant unlike Islam.

3) In China, the tiny moslem dominated regions <0.001% have been terrorising and even threatened to bomb the beijing olympics.

4) The conflict in Kashmir would have been resolved if not for the intransigence and inflexibility of moslems in pakistan.

5) The moslem dominated areas in southern Thailand are fighting the majority hindu and regularly behead bhudist monks.

6) The tine moslems living in southern phllipines are waging war on the phillipine government.

7) The moslems living in chechyen and other areas of russia are up in arms fighting for their own state.

cool I can bet my life that if the palestines have been any other religion aside islam, that conflict could have been long resvolved.

9) I have forgotten to mention the moslems in Bosnia who were instrumental in staring the balkan wars of the 90's.

10) The christains in middle east including coptic xtains in egypt are facing huge and incalculable persecution, hence the drop in ther numbers in recent years. Why haven't the xtians taken up arms and start bombing their majority moslem compatriots?

There is definitely something in the molsem scriptures that turns sensible men like -lagoshia into hate filled bigots.

Is it just a coincidence that moslems always take up arms when living with other civillizations/religions?

God bless you too much. You even forgot to mention the killing of converts in Iran and other Muslim countries in the middle east. Once you convert to another religion, you are bound to be killed. That tells us that the religion is simply blood-thirsty.
Re: Does Islam Promote Violence? by burgerking: 8:37pm On Feb 18, 2012
Lagishia is a coward and blinded bigot and wouldn't respond sensibly to the arguments advanced by fxking. He is very predictable and i expect him to start railing abuses rather than address the facts.
Taliban have killed and continue to kill innocent moslems and their mass murder have far exceeded those that died in in the course of nato invasion.
Suicide Bombers in Iraq kiiled more moslems than died in the course of US led war.
The moslems tyrants in Yemen, Syria, Egypt, Libya, Somalia, Tunisia killed more of their own people than America have kiiled in all it's wars.

Moslems rahther than look at their religion critically keep blaming others for their wickedness and  am glad they are actually meaner to one another and would eventually self-destruct.
Once Iran develops it's nuclear bomb, it wil usher in a nclear arm race that would see Turkey, Saudi, Egypt develop nuclear weapons. Knowing how sunni and shia hate each other, and relish suicide bombing, they are more likely to first use these weapns on themselves.
Re: Does Islam Promote Violence? by FXKing2012(m): 9:00pm On Feb 18, 2012
LagosShia is unable to respond, either he is incapable of an intellectual discourse or he is unable to debunk the OP.
Or maybe he thinks we are here to abuse and rain curses on one another cos it seems thatz wat he's prepared to do.
Re: Does Islam Promote Violence? by LagosShia: 9:53pm On Feb 18, 2012
burgerking:

generalization.i can show you a fatwa from one of Islam's most respected and learned of all times,Ayatollah Ali Sistani where he made it a religious duty for muslims in the west to be peace loving and law abiding who do not disturb the peace of their hosts.

the partitioning of india itself was a consequence of colonialism.india was one and strong before the british came and the muslims never thought of separation of getting a country for themselves.once the british came,there was division.why?

you forgot to mention that India was ruled by muslims for close to a thousand years and the two religions lived in peace.in fact india is a glaring evidence against the christian missionaries who like to portray Islam as the religion that uses the sword which is a lie and very ill of them.India after almost a thousand years of muslim ruled remained a hindu majority country.when the british colonialists (the ones who introduced christianity in nigeria) came to india,they used their divide and conquer policy to cause trouble and sow hatred and intolerance.fortunately,the indians were too intelligent to buy christianity from their colonial masters which could have subjected them for centuries to the white man.

after the partition,you also forgot to mention the massacres hindus committed against muslims.

i did not hear about them threatening to bomb olympics.that could be a lie.

nontheless,the muslims in china are peaceful and have co-existed for centuries too.the skirmishes we saw not too long ago,had an ethnic dimension to it aside from religion.it is just as the case is with nigeria.whenever an illitrate fulani herdman clash with berom tribesmen in jos,the religion of the fulani man (islam) is blamed.they forget that the illitrate fulani may not even know what islam is.they dont also blame his profession as a herdsman or tribe or his illitracy.the christian missionaries blame his religion.sometimes i wonder what such evil is that people trade violence to attract converts.who is more evil:the violent ones or the christian missionary who trades violence?

another legacy of colonialism.was the confict between eritrea and ethiopia also a muslim one or one that sKimilarly was instigated by the colonial artificial borders?

Kashmiris want their independence.so give it to them.simple.both pakistan and india should leave kashmir alone.

for every conflict muslims are involved,i can name 10 that christians have similarly instigated.the muslims in thailand whether justified or not,are fighting marginalization and want their region to be independent.how many such conflicts exist in the world where armed groups have fought for an independent state for their people? many! igbos fought for biafra.the basque in spain are fighting for a basque homeland,the southern sudanese christians and animist recently got independence.where there is a region defined by culture,ethnicity and religion,then if there is injustice there and marginalization which the authorities have imposed,it is better for the people to fight against oppression and for their rights.

with this one about the phillippines you have just shot yourself on the foot.the phillipines was a majority muslim country.within less than hundred years of spanish colonization and oppression,they forceful converted the people into christianity.the muslims still today feel the pains of colonization.and the legacy of spanish colonization is christianity in the phillipines.so since these people in a part of the philippines have maintained their identity,why continue oppressing them?

when the soviet union broke up,many new republics were formed and many ethnicities gained an independent state.there are certain ethnic groups that were not fortunate.ironically,russia supports south ossetia against georgia and promote its independence while they refuse to give the chechyans independence.

and you think israel would agree any less with being a "jewish state" that is based on open racism and religious cleansing?

oh yeah! the bosnian muslims who were rescued from the orthodox christian serbs from massacre.

have you ever heard of the sebrenica massacre against bosnian muslims? was it not christians that killed more than 8000 people at a go in 1995?

as i know the coptic christians in egypt out of all christian minorities in the middle east are not easy people at all.besides,we see that the puppets of the west are the ones persecuting christians in the middle east.in iraq,a christian was prime minister under saddam (not that saddam was not bad).in syria,the christians are begging for bashar al-assad to stay in power while the west is campaigning against him.in lebanon,the largest christian party in parliament is allied with Shia Hezbollah.now compare the situation with countries where america is occupying or has its puppet ruling.in egypt under puppet mubarak,christians were attacked in government planned attacks to create religious problems.we saw how the muslims and christians united in egypt to stand against mubarak.christians were protecting muslims while they pray.that was an image that stunned the world!

and how lovely you are to sound as you do!

here is a list of 25 conflicts by christians in the world:

1.) two world wars
2.) liberia
3.) cuba bay of pigs invasion
4.) the korean war
5.) vietnam wa
6.) rwanda genocide
7.) guatemala civil war
8.) invasion of panama
9.) nicaragua civil war
10.) basque  separatists in spain
11.) falkland war between argentina and britain
12.) apartheid south africa
13.) nothern ireland (catholic and protestant conflict)
14.) yugoslavia (balkan war)
15.) congo war
16.) uganda and the "lord's resistance army"
17.) eritrea and ethiopia war
18.) greek civil war
19.) paraguay civil war
20.) costarican civil war
21.) angola civil war
22.) mozabican civil war
23.) uganda-tanzania war
24.) salvadorian civil war
25.) invasion of grenada
Re: Does Islam Promote Violence? by LagosShia: 9:56pm On Feb 18, 2012
FXKing2012:

LagosShia is unable to respond, either he is incapable of an intellectual discourse or he is unable to debunk the OP.
Or maybe he thinks we are here to abuse and rain curses on one another cos it seems thatz wat he's prepared to do.

dont you wish?
Re: Does Islam Promote Violence? by LagosShia: 10:05pm On Feb 18, 2012
burgerking:

Lagishia is a coward and blinded bigot and wouldn't respond sensibly to the arguments advanced by fxking. He is very predictable and i expect him to start railing abuses rather than address the facts.

so you expect me to start raining abuses but calling me a coward and blinded bigot is no abuse? grin christians na wa oo!!!

Taliban have killed and continue to kill innocent moslems and their mass murder have far exceeded those that died in in the course of nato invasion.
Suicide Bombers in Iraq kiiled more moslems than died in the course of US led war.
again you need to examine my first post in this thread and look for the word "wahhabi" in it:
LagosShia:

now look into this thread where hilary clinton confessed to have supported wahhabi militants who presently have turned themselves into alqaeda and taliban and other cells like boko haram.again we see that the west and their support to wahhabism is responsible for giving Islam and muslims a bad image:

"Hilary Clinton Confesses :"We Funded The Wahhabis We Are Fighting Today"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-863512.0.html

The moslems tyrants in Yemen, Syria, Egypt, Libya, Somalia, Tunisia killed more of their own people than America have kiiled in all it's wars.
all those tyrants are darlings and puppets of america with the exception of syria who they are fighting today and inventing a revolution from the outside to oust him.

Moslems rahther than look at their religion critically keep blaming others for their wickedness and  am glad they are actually meaner to one another and would eventually self-destruct.
Once Iran develops it's nuclear bomb, it wil usher in a nclear arm race that would see Turkey, Saudi, Egypt develop nuclear weapons. Knowing how sunni and shia hate each other, and relish suicide bombing, they are more likely to first use these weapns on themselves.

if you look critically on the middle east,there is no sunni-shia hate.there are puppets who are hijacking the sectarian card to create conflict.and you got the wahhabis and their extremism too playing their role.the wahhabis dont make up to 5% of muslims but they are the ones spreading violence and hate the most.wahhabism is a creation of british colonialism and still funded by the west and yet they are fighting it today and using what they created against muslims,islam and their image.
Re: Does Islam Promote Violence? by olasesi(m): 12:56am On Feb 19, 2012
FXKing2012:

but not all muslims are suicide bombers,
and it is worth knowing that the first suicide act were not carried out by muslims
read below,

Judges 16: 28

28 Then Samson prayed to the LORD, "O Sovereign LORD, remember me. O God, please strengthen me just once more, and let me with one blow get revenge on the Philistines for my two eyes."

Judges 16:29-30

29 Then Samson reached toward the two central pillars on which the temple stood. Bracing himself against them, his right hand on the one and his left hand on the other, 30 Samson said, "Let me DIE with the Philistines!" Then he pushed with all his might, and down came the temple on the rulers and all the people in it. Thus he KILLED many more when he died than while he lived.

and dont u dare say that it was taken out of context or that i need the holy spirit to understand this ENGLISH words.

The first recorded suicide bombing came from Christian soldiers during the Crusades to free The Holy City of Jerusalem from the control of Muslim armies.During the Crusades, the Knights Templar destroyed one of their own ships with 140 Christians on board in order to kill 10 times as many Muslims in the opposing fleet.

try google to confirm,

so u see, not all suicide bombers are muslims,

FXKing2012:

Why is it that Muslims fight with members of other religions/faiths all over the world? Muslims have been fighting with Christians in Nigeria,
it is worth noting that clashes like these fall into two categories
**Riots,** where casualties are present on both parties, at least that's why it is called RIOT or CLASHES
e.g the jos monthly crisis some of which are even ethnic, and in cases like these, only the very unreasonable will say MUSLIMS always start the riots FIRST
then the second is the
**suicide bombings**
the bombers av been muslims and it only recently started in nigeria.
i know that doesnt prove anything,
but i hate the above statement of the OP that says " Muslims have been fighting with Christians in Nigeria,"
BOKO HARAM has been killing nigerians(muslims and non-muslims) b4 the madalla bombing and they av also continued after it.
so the only onslaught on xtians by muslim xtremists was the xmas day bombing, the rest were riots( I KILL U, U KILL YOUR OWN BACK)

FXKing2012:

, the Philippines, etc;

the cases av majorly been riots and clashes and once again only the shallow minded will say MUSLIMS start it FIRST.
it is also quite surprising to know that more than 90% of the 94 million population are Christians and 5%-10% are muslims
so do the maths and see if it can be said that MUSLIMS are always the OPPRESSORS or TROUBLEMAKERS in philippines

FXKing2012:

Muslims have been fighting with Hindus in India;

below is an excerpt from wikipedia

Some of the most violent events in recent times took place during the Gujarat riots in 2002, where it is estimated one thousand people were killed, most allegedly Muslim. Some sources claim there were approximately 2,000 Muslim deaths.[94] There were also allegations made of state involvement.[95][96] The riots were in retaliation to the Godhra Train Burning in which 50 Hindus pilgrims returning from the disputed site of the Babri Mosque, were burnt alive in a train fire at the Godhra railway station. Gujarat police claimed that the incident was a planned act carried out by extremist Muslims in the region against the Hindu pilgrims. The Bannerjee commission appointed to investigate this finding declared that the fire was an accident.[97] In 2006 the High Court decided the constitution of such a committee was illegal as another inquiry headed by Justice Nanavati Shah was still investigating the matter.[98]

enter "islam in india" into wikipedia to read more
clashes like these are cant be non-existent in regions where we av considerable number of people with different faiths, so it only shows how most bias the OP was in accusing that non except muslims av always been involved.
[img]http://[/img]

[img][/img]

FXKing2012:

Muslims have been fighting with Buddhists in China, etc etc.

the first on that list was a war btw xtians and buddhists,

FXKing2012:

it's not one of its tenets.
if it trully is,i bet u
not most of us will be left behind.
all other muslims will join in the fight.

Re: Does Islam Promote Violence? by olasesi(m): 12:58am On Feb 19, 2012
FXKing2012:

and it is worth knowing that the first suicide act were not carried out by muslims
read below,

28 Then Samson prayed to the LORD, "O Sovereign LORD, remember me. O God, please strengthen me just once more, and let me with one blow get revenge on the Philistines for my two eyes."

29 Then Samson reached toward the two central pillars on which the temple stood. Bracing himself against them, his right hand on the one and his left hand on the other, 30 Samson said, "Let me DIE with the Philistines!" Then he pushed with all his might, and down came the temple on the rulers and all the people in it. Thus he KILLED many more when he died than while he lived.

and dont u dare say that it was taken out of context or that i need the holy spirit to understand this ENGLISH words.

The first recorded suicide bombing came from Christian soldiers during the Crusades to free The Holy City of Jerusalem from the control of Muslim armies.During the Crusades, the Knights Templar destroyed one of their own ships with 140 Christians on board in order to kill 10 times as many Muslims in the opposing fleet.

try google to confirm,

FXKing2012:

Why is it that Muslims fight with members of other religions/faiths all over the world? Muslims have been fighting with Christians in Nigeria,
**Riots,** where casualties are present on both parties, at least that's why it is called RIOT or CLASHES
e.g the jos monthly crisis some of which are even ethnic, and in cases like these, only the very unreasonable will say MUSLIMS always start the riots FIRST
then the second is the
**suicide bombings**
but i hate the above statement of the OP that says " Muslims have been fighting with Christians in Nigeria,"
BOKO HARAM has been killing nigerians(muslims and non-muslims) b4 the madalla bombing and they av also continued after it.
so the only onslaught on xtians by muslim xtremists was the xmas day bombing, the rest were riots( I KILL U, U KILL YOUR OWN BACK)

FXKing2012:

, the Philippines, etc;

the cases av majorly been riots and clashes and once again only the shallow minded will say MUSLIMS start it FIRST.
it is also quite surprising to know that more than 90% of the 94 million population are Christians and 5%-10% are muslims
so do the maths and see if it can be said that MUSLIMS are always the OPPRESSORS  or TROUBLEMAKERS in philippines

FXKing2012:

Muslims have been fighting with Hindus in India;

Some of the most violent events in recent times took place during the Gujarat riots in 2002, where it is estimated one thousand people were killed, most allegedly Muslim. Some sources claim there were approximately 2,000 Muslim deaths.[94] There were also allegations made of state involvement.[95][96] The riots were in retaliation to the Godhra Train Burning in which 50 Hindus pilgrims returning from the disputed site of the Babri Mosque, were burnt alive in a train fire at the Godhra railway station. Gujarat police claimed that the incident was a planned act carried out by extremist Muslims in the region against the Hindu pilgrims. The Bannerjee commission appointed to investigate this finding declared that the fire was an accident.[97] In 2006 the High Court decided the constitution of such a committee was illegal as another inquiry headed by Justice Nanavati Shah was still investigating the matter.[98]

clashes like these are cant be non-existent in regions where we av considerable number of people with different faiths, so it only shows how most bias the OP was in accusing that non except muslims av always been involved.

[img][/img]

FXKing2012:

Muslims have been fighting with Buddhists in China, etc etc.

FXKing2012:

if it trully is,i bet u

Re: Does Islam Promote Violence? by oloriooko(m): 9:47pm On Feb 19, 2012
@ poster

[size=20pt]YES![/size]
Re: Does Islam Promote Violence? by oloriooko(m): 9:48pm On Feb 19, 2012
@ poster

[size=36pt]YES![/size]
Re: Does Islam Promote Violence? by FXKing2012(m): 10:16pm On Feb 19, 2012
@LagosShia, first I would like to to thank you for taking time to tackle every point made in the post without using abusive language. I respect that.

Now regarding your post, I would like to say that it was quite defensive. You were simply out to defend the violent actions of Muslims by either claiming they are not real Muslims or they are being sponsored by the west. It's like me coming out to say all the crimes committed by Christians during the Spanish Inquisition were committed by people who only claimed to be Christians, but that they were not real Christians. Who would I be deceiving by making such a comment - myself!

Again I will make my points very clear and pls dont even tell me the perpetrators are not real Muslims or that they are being sponsored. And even if u say they are being sponsored, why would it be so easy to sponsor Muslims to commit acts of violence?

1) Christians in Egypt, Iran, Pakistan are persecuted and killed all the time yet you dont hear of the Christians taking up arms to fight the Muslim-led governments;

2) Muslims in northern Nigeria have been killing Christians but u dont hear of reprisal attacks by Christians in the south;

3) More Muslims have been killed by fellow Muslims than the entire Muslims killed by the US: the Taliban have killed thousands of fellow Muslims in Afghanistan, Sunni Muslims have killed countless number of Shiite Muslims in Iraq and Pakistan;

4) Muslims in Christian majority countries go about their daily activities without any fear of harassment, however this is not the case with Christians living in Muslim majority countries such as Iran and Egypt.

5) If you convert to another religion in a Muslim country you are bound to be killed or jailed (this is common in Iran and Saudi Arabia); if you convert from Christianity to any other religion, the only harassment you'll get will be from your family;

6) Out of 24 religion-related conflicts that happened recently posted by Olasesi (a strong Muslim himself), only 4 involved Christians while 20 involved Muslims fighting with members of other religions/govts.

I'm not saying Christians have not had issues in the past (such as the Spanish Inquisition I mentioned earlier) but these happened a very long time ago, you dont hear of such things anymore. Civilization has changed all that.

And all the wars you listed that Christians started really made me laugh. Do you know the difference between a civil war and a religious war/conflict? All those conflicts you listed are purely civil wars, coups and military uprisings with very clear-cut political agendas; they are by no means religious wars/conflicts.
I wonder why you didnt even list the Nigerian civil war amongst your list since the war was started by the Igbos who are mostly Christians (lol).
Re: Does Islam Promote Violence? by FXKing2012(m): 10:44pm On Feb 19, 2012
olasesi:

read below,

try google to confirm,

**Riots,** where casualties are present on both parties,  at least that's why it is called RIOT or CLASHES
then the second is the
**suicide bombings**

so do the maths and see if it can be said that MUSLIMS are always the OPPRESSORS  or TROUBLEMAKERS in philippines

[img][/img]

if it trully is,i bet u

Thank you very much for your input, but allow me to dissect your point of view.

First you talked about acts of terrorism commited in the Bible then u mentioned Samson. Let me ask you, was Samson a Christian? It's so amusing when non-Christians make reference to the Bible as if they understand the contents.
Samson was not a Christian, he was not even a man of God in the Bible. Samson was only a man who was born with a special gift which he misused several times. Are u aware Samson slept with LovePeddlers (strange women)? He was a very wayward kid growing up. He had a gift which he misused and it led to his demise.
Think of it this way: a man born with the gift of running, this man can run so fast that no man alive can even compete with him. Now does the fact that he has this special gift of running make him a man of God? Yes, it's a gift from God but it does not mean the person is a man of God or is serving God faithfully. And if such a gift is misused can even lead to the person's destruction (as was the case with Samson).

You said the first suicide bombers were Christians by mentioning the Knight Templars. I find this really funny cos u obviously dont know your history. The Knights Templars were not Christians, it was a cult. And that is why they were fought and destroyed by the Catholic church. The order to hang their leader came from the Pope as well as king of France at the time, and others were jailed. They were never Christians but a secret society.
Pls go back to your history book to know who the Knight Templars really were.

In your post about all the recent religious conflicts, did you notice that only 4 had the involvement of Christians while 20 involved Muslims fighting with members of other religions. Can u explain why this is so?
Can u explain why Muslims find it hard to live peaceably with others and why they are always involved in the "riots"?
Re: Does Islam Promote Violence? by FXKing2012(m): 10:27am On Feb 20, 2012
It seems LagosShia and Olasesi have gone mute. I dont blame them though, you go mute when u know you've been knocked out and have absolutely no way of debunking glaring facts.
Re: Does Islam Promote Violence? by LagosShia: 12:10pm On Feb 20, 2012
FXKing2012:

It seems LagosShia and Olasesi have gone mute. I dont blame them though, you go mute when u know you've been knocked out and have absolutely no way of debunking glaring facts.

is this some sort of competition on who posts faster?

how much time did it take you before posting a reply?

i just saw your posts now.
Re: Does Islam Promote Violence? by LagosShia: 1:16pm On Feb 20, 2012
FXKing2012:

Now regarding your post, I would like to say that it was quite defensive. You were simply out to defend the violent actions of Muslims by either claiming they are not real Muslims or they are being sponsored by the west. It's like me coming out to say all the crimes committed by Christians during the Spanish Inquisition were committed by people who only claimed to be Christians, but that they were not real Christians. Who would I be deceiving by making such a comment - myself!
let me tell you why crimes committed by for instance a catholic reflects on the religion and why that same yardstick cannot be applied on Muslims.

the christians have organized leadership which they identify with and who define their religion either claiming to be direct representatives of God Himself or earth or the vicar of Jesus as the pope claims or they claim divine inspiration in one form or the other as is the case with jehovah's witnesses and the pentecostal churches.therefore,when these followers carry out their actions like the inquisition which you have mentioned,the religion is held responsible since there is an official and a head claiming divine authority or mandate or "calling".

when it comes to the Muslims,the sunni caliphate is non-existent and the imamate of the 12th holy Imam (ajtfs) is in "GHAIBAH" representing the Shia.so therefore whatever one adherent does is not accounted for by all the adherents.there may be to some extent unity and unanimity in stance or opinion but yet still there is no all encompassing position which every muslim is obliged to follow.that is why as a Muslim,whether shia or sunni or whatever you describe yourself politically or religious-wise,every muslim defends the uprightness,justice,righteousness and truthfulness of the Prophet Muhammad (sa).he reprsents us and therefore all his actions or the actions undertaken by the muslims with his approval reflect on Islam.if he or the 12th holy Imam (i.e. Imam Mahdi) were to be around today,all muslims must obey them.if they issue a verdict for or against alqaeda all muslims must obey.but now,there is no total agreement.

that is why you must understand well why i'm against you generalizing issues.when it comes to terrorism,hold the wahhabis aka salafists responsible.they dont form up to 5% of muslims.alqaeda is a salafist oriented organization.you cannot hold over 1.5 billion muslims responsible for what alqeda is doing or misinterpreting.that is unfair.the relations between the wahhabis and the west cannot be denied including that of bin laden and the west which later turned soured.for God's sake the freedom christian indigenes have in syria and iran cannot be compared to the freedom they have in saudi arabia.yet the saudis are the best allies of the west in the middle east while iran and syria are blackmailed and considered part of bush's "axis of evil".why? because the west doesnt care about your christianity or how christians survive in the middle east or the saudi record on human rights.they care about ISRAEL.that is the angle from which they view the entire world.you must not oppose israel or else you became the "bad guy".to them iran and syria can provide all the tolerance and peace to their christian minorities but they are not convinced if they pose a threat to the zionist occupation called israel.that is it.

when also,there is a just cause muslims must unite and the world must accept,then do that.you dont call hamas or hezbollah a terrorist organization because america says so or because they are freightening you that they are "muslim terrorists" seeking to convert you by force into islam while you ignore the justfitied cause for freedom and against oppression which they are striving for in their respective countries.

when also you have ethnic oriented or tribal related clashes like that of the fulani heardsmen who are or believed to be muslims (but illitrate and backward) and the christian beroms,you must see it as it is.you cannot for instance hold the Japanese muslim for what fulanis are committing here in whatever name.this is a nigerian problem and not an islamic problem.nigerians should put their house in order.you as a christian missionary with skills in deception and trained in marketing your christianity will definitely look for channels to exploit and present your irrational christianity by all standard of fairness and common sense as the "better alternative" to the "violent Islam" forgetting or blinding people that what muslims do may not necessarily be justified islamically or by the majority of muslims.

Again I will make my points very clear and pls dont even tell me the perpetrators are not real Muslims or that they are being sponsored. And even if u say they are being sponsored, why would it be so easy to sponsor Muslims to commit acts of violence?
you can as well pose that question to the southern sudanese and the lord's resistance army and the basque separatists who are all christians.you are generalizing and trying to block any attempt at reasoning in examining each issue individually.you are taking the layman's approach which is not an innocent one in your case against Muslims and Islam particularly.

1) Christians in Egypt, Iran, Pakistan are persecuted and killed all the time yet you dont hear of the Christians taking up arms to fight the Muslim-led governments;
that is another generalized statement.in Nigeria,we saw on salah day how christian youths in jos attacked muslims performing the eid prayer.there is no doubt communal tension everywhere.the christians are not also innocent people who are sucking lollipops like 2 years old child who is being oppressed and his candy taken away.now in this case,this isnt terrorism.this should be classified under another headline.in Iran for instance,the christians who have lived there thousands of years are living in peace and tolerance.now dont tell me about one pastor who is sentenced to die for crimes committed and the christian world is going gaga that he is being sentenced to die for rejecting islam a charge which the pastor himself denied.also dont tell me about the issue of conversion which evangelical christians are using to bribe iranian youths with money and visa to the west after heavy sanctions and arrogance against Iran.the iranian and the syrian policy is this:all their citizens who are muslims,christians or jews are allowed to live peacefully practicing their faiths.but any attempt by foreigners to cause sectarian divisions or political maneuvers aimed at undermining the peace and religious identity of any group is not to be accepted.

2) Muslims in northern Nigeria have been killing Christians but u dont hear of reprisal attacks by Christians in the south;
that is because you have deafened your ears.

"Nigeria Youths Kill Several Muslims During Prayers"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-750508.0.html

"Bloody Eid-el Maulud In Jos As 12 More Nigerians Are Killed"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-605902.0.html

"Mosque Attacked In Benin City, 5 Killed, 6 Injured - Bbc"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-844472.0.html

3) More Muslims have been killed by fellow Muslims than the entire Muslims killed by the US: the Taliban have killed thousands of fellow Muslims in Afghanistan, Sunni Muslims have killed countless number of Shiite Muslims in Iraq and Pakistan;
i dont dispute that.and protestants and catholics in northerner ireland of recent and in europe in the past have also killed themsleves.its sectarian tension.

in both Iraq and Pakistan which have seen the most attacks against my Shia Muslim brothers,i do not hold the sunnis responsible.in iraq there was a deliberate western plot of divide and conquer.the americans tried to instigate civil war in many ways.i do not hold the sunnis responsible because i dont believe any muslim,be he a shia or sunni would have the mind to attack any mosque where his fellow muslim brother is praying.that is ungodly.even attacking any place of worship is unjustified.

aside from the western plot,in pakistan even though foreign plots could be existing,there is one common factor in these attacks whether in iraq,pakistan or afghanistan.this factor is the wahhabi factor.i dont hold mainstream sunnis responsible.we Shia unlike the west do not generalize.because wahhabis claim to be of the sunni branch of Islam,does not give me the right to hold all sunnis responsible for attacks on shias.we identify who is responsible to the lowest level.these same wahhabi terrorism that is killing muslims is the same terrorism that targeted the household of the Prophet Muhammad (sa) hundreds of years ago which finally resulted in the tragedy of karbala.the wahhabis terrorism presently has its root in the jahiliyyah pagan arabian cultural terrorism that was existing in pre-islamic arabia.the banu umayyah whose legacy wahhabism follows and promote contrary to the shia school of thought and even mainstream sunni mentality is responsible for terror in the world.in iraq for instance even sunnis and their mosques and imams were not spared by alqaeda.so what do we call that?do we also blame sunnis for that? this is the case just like in nigeria where boko haram have killed muslims more than christians.do you also blame muslims and islam for that? blame the people responsible for carrying the attacks and blame the politics of those paying the piper and dictating the tune.

4) Muslims in Christian majority countries go about their daily activities without any fear of harassment, however this is not the case with Christians living in Muslim majority countries such as Iran and Egypt.
i think this is already treated in the above points.its part of the generalization.as for egypt,the christians were threatened by mubarak's regime more than by extremists who are mainly the salafists.the mubarak regime an ally of the west,sought to implant fear in the heart of people that the christians were under attack and threat.the government itself carried out an attack against a church for which the minister of interior under mubarak is current being tried for it in court.that is the level to which politics is trying hard to play on religious divide.both christians and muslims should be alert.we do have our religious differences and everyone is free to make his choice of religion.but do let others play politics with that to destroy lives and property.

5) If you convert to another religion in a Muslim country you are bound to be killed or jailed (this is common in Iran and Saudi Arabia); if you convert from Christianity to any other religion, the only harassment you'll get will be from your family;
firstly,when you have an islamic state in place,conversion away from Islam seen as treason against the state itself and not the religion.authorities see that as a way to undermine the system which could eventually lead to the collapse of the system.

when a law is in place,it must be respected.you should be law abiding.

in Islam,there is no law in the Quran which says that an apostate should be killed.in the Quran we are told that someone can be muslim and then an unbeliever and them muslim after which if he becomes unbeliever again,his faith and works shall never be accepted by God in the hereafter.that verse is in the Quran.so if an apostate is to be killed,how then is he given the chance to believe for a second time?

thirdly,most conversions are directed politically.if i am a saudi who believes in Jesus as a "god",no one will come into your house forcing you to utter the muslim prayer.religion should be a personal thing and not something for show.when the missionary make conversion a political tool for undermining the muslim society and using it mischievously aiming to cast doubt into the minds of muslims then that is not something to be taken likely.it definitely will not succeed in casting doubt into the minds of muslim,but that is the aim for making religion a show and also politicizing it.actually,the muslims in the west and christians who embrace islam find freedom because by law the western countries are not christian.they are secular.else,the killing of apostate is a judeo-christian law found in the bible and not in the Holy Quran.

6) Out of 24 religion-related conflicts that happened recently posted by Olasesi (a strong Muslim himself), only 4 involved Christians while 20 involved Muslims fighting with members of other religions/govts.
i posted for you 25 conflicts and wars in post world-war 2 and all of them are christians fighting with christians or non-muslims.

I'm not saying Christians have not had issues in the past (such as the Spanish Inquisition I mentioned earlier) but these happened a very long time ago, you dont hear of such things anymore. Civilization has changed all that.
not true.

And all the wars you listed that Christians started really made me laugh. Do you know the difference between a civil war and a religious war/conflict? All those conflicts you listed are purely civil wars, coups and military uprisings with very clear-cut political agendas; they are by no means religious wars/conflicts.
I wonder why you didnt even list the Nigerian civil war amongst your list since the war was started by the Igbos who are mostly Christians (lol).

but the perpetrators are christians.it is the definitions you give to conflicts that involve christians that you have refused to give to conflicts which involve muslims.you generalize in one and give definitions in the ones involving christians.why?
Re: Does Islam Promote Violence? by olasesi(m): 11:06pm On Feb 22, 2012
FXKing2012:

Thank you very much for your input, but allow me to dissect your point of view.

First you talked about acts of terrorism commited in the Bible then u mentioned Samson. Let me ask you, was Samson a Christian? It's so amusing when non-Christians make reference to the Bible as if they understand the contents.
Samson was not a Christian

hmmmmmm, thanks,
NO VULGAR words were used.
and like this, people of different faiths can come to understand themselves.
NOW TO UR POST
ur intepretation of my post was not so very sound, considering ur above comments and ur original post
I ASK.
didnt u understand the first statement of ur original post?

FXKing2012:

this was ur question
and my responsibility was to prove that not all suicide bombers were muslims
so i cited the example of Samson from the Bible.
as he was not a muslim.
maybe not a xtian,jew,buddhist either.
Samson was not a MUSLIM that was my concern.
where in my post did i ever say he was a xtian?

olasesi:

read below,

to an open mind,it is evident that i was only trying to prove that Samson was not a muslim,
i didnt care what he was,
"my grandmother was not a muslim b4 she died"
it didnt mean she was a xtian either.

FXKing2012:

Samson was not a Christian, he was not even a man of God in the Bible.

evidently, i was only trying to prove he was not a muslim
Now i really want to know what he was.
First,

15 Then she said to him, “How can you say, ‘I love you,’ when you won’t confide in me? This is the third time you have made a fool of me and haven’t told me the secret of your great strength.” 16 With such nagging she prodded him day after day until he was sick to death of it.

17 So he told her everything. “No razor has ever been used on my head,” he said, “because I have been a Nazirite DEDICATED TO GOD from my mother’s womb. If my head were shaved, my strength would leave me, and I would become as weak as any other man.”
Judges 16 (New International Version)

DEDICATED TO GOD?
maybe he was only lying to her.

Judges 13:5
2 A certain man of Zorah, named Manoah, from the clan of the Danites, had a wife who was childless, unable to give birth. 3 The ANGEL of the LORD appeared to her and said, “You are barren and childless, but you are going to become pregnant and give birth to a son. 4 Now see to it that you drink no wine or other fermented drink and that you do not eat anything unclean
5"You will become pregnant and have a son whose head is never to be touched by a razor because the boy is to be a Nazirite, DEDICATED TO GOD from the womb. He will take the lead in delivering Israel from the hands of the Philistines." (NIV)

never mind,
it was the ANGEL of the LORD of the NAZIRITES
not the ANGEL of the LORD of the CHRISTIANS
Judges 15:14-15
As he approached Lehi, the Philistines came toward him shouting. The Spirit of the LORD came powerfully upon him. The ropes on his arms became like charred flax, and the bindings dropped from his hands. Finding a fresh jawbone of a donkey, he grabbed it and struck down a thousand men. (NIV)

maybe another LORD.

Judges 16
28 Then Samson prayed to the LORD, “Sovereign LORD, remember me. Please, God, strengthen me just once more, and let me with one blow get revenge on the Philistines for my two eyes.” 29 Then Samson reached toward the two central pillars on which the temple stood. Bracing himself against them, his right hand on the one and his left hand on the other, 30 Samson said, “Let me die with the Philistines!” Then he pushed with all his might, and down came the temple on the rulers and all the people in it. Thus he killed many more when he died than while he lived.

his prayer was answered by the LORD he prayed to,
and thus the prohesy came to pass "He will take the lead in delivering Israel from the hands of the Philistines."

did u expect Samson to be to be called a christian?

"Then departed Barnabas to Tarsus, for to seek Saul: And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch" (Acts 11:25-26 KJV)

so he didnt av to be a xtian, infact he could never have been a xtian,
unless he existed after the above disciples,

FXKing2012:

Samson was not a Christian, he was not even a man of God in the Bible.

ur above post sounds like u meant if samson was a (true) christian or a man of God he couldnt av done such things,
and as above,he couldnt av been a xtian at least.
maybe a man of God

it's like saying " if president OBAMA was a nigerian,our country would change"
president obama was not a nigerian,so dont bother about the change,

and as ur post implies"if samson was a (real) christian,he couldnt av done such things"
Samson could never av been a xtian so dont bother about the consequence,
and as to whether he was a man of God
that depends on ur analysis of the above verses, at least it was God's plan
i meant the God of the nazirites,if it is in anyway different from the God of the xtians.
AND IF HE WAS NOT A MAN OF GOD.
then damn Al qeida,taliban and Boko haram
THEY ARE NOT MEN OF GOD.
men of God won't commit suicide to kill people according to the following statements
FXKing2012:

he was not even a man of God in the Bible.
meaning if he was,he would not do such acts.

and for those who may demand that i read the whole passage from the beginning to understand,
i say"i av done that and it made no difference, "
or that perhaps i NEED the holyspirit to understand those verses.
i say "no i dont,these are just English words",

waiting for my points to be debunked
, and now to ur next statement
Re: Does Islam Promote Violence? by olasesi(m): 11:21pm On Feb 22, 2012
From answers.com wikianswer
[img][/img]

Re: Does Islam Promote Violence? by olasesi(m): 11:22pm On Feb 22, 2012
From answers.com wikianswer
[img][/img]

Re: Does Islam Promote Violence? by olasesi(m): 11:24pm On Feb 22, 2012
and now from answers.yahoo

Re: Does Islam Promote Violence? by olasesi(m): 11:28pm On Feb 22, 2012
answers.yahoo, wiki.answer.com, wikipedia and the likes are WRONG!!!!
why?
Because they didnt say muslims were the first suicide bombers
Re: Does Islam Promote Violence? by olasesi(m): 1:05am On Feb 23, 2012
FXKing2012:

, it was a cult.

the pages above also show that they were xtians.
and it also said CRUSADES.
and u know xtians were involved in the crusades.
I insist they were XTIANS
but if u insist that it was a CULT.
then it's simple
CHRISTIAN CULT.
Re: Does Islam Promote Violence? by olasesi(m): 1:23am On Feb 23, 2012
FXKing2012:

Pls go back to your history book to know who the Knight Templars really were.

Re: Does Islam Promote Violence? by olasesi(m): 1:25am On Feb 23, 2012
this was what they really were

(1) (2) (Reply)

ALH ABDUL LATEEF ADEGBITE CON, PH.D; A Tragic Loss Of An Illustrious Exemplar / An Effort Of Providing Proofs Of The Prophethood Of Muhammad, Through Islam. / How Can Islam Be A Religion Of Peace ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 221
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.