Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,817 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? (7091 Views)

How Smoking Weed Affects Women's Vagina / How Alcohol Affects The Body / Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by dhabrio: 9:39am On Feb 21, 2012
to my undstnding, i beliv blood and water moves (biological - Transportation) together so there's every tendency for alcohol to mix with water and go to the brain. the bad work of alcohol starts from the vein before the brain. Alcohol is a fermented chemical, therefore, it is dangerous for the brain

Medically, someone drank alcohol last 2months will still have some content of alcohol when he's been tested today
Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by benzion72(m): 11:33am On Feb 21, 2012
I used to drink but alchool don't affect your brain. At higher level it may distort your vision but not your thinking. While I will not encourage its consumption the truth about it should be known
Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 21, 2012
dhabrio:

to my undstnding, i beliv blood and water moves (biological - Transportation) together so there's every tendency for alcohol to mix with water and go to the brain. the bad work of alcohol starts from the vein before the brain. Alcohol is a fermented chemical, therefore, it is dangerous for the brain

Medically, someone drank alcohol last 2months will still have some content of alcohol when he's been tested today

i HIGHLY doubt the above in bold.
through a blood test or breathalyzer, the alcohol would have been completely gone from that person's system within 24/36hrs . how fast it will be gone depend on how healthy your liver is, your metabolism and how much that person drank. a healthy person's metabolism breaks down about 1 drink of alcohol per hr (1 beer/small shot etc)

btw: what gets you drunk on an empty stomach, might only get you tipsy if you had a full stomach before drinking, so people should have a full meal before boozing (unless your only priority while drinking is to get smashed!). although the alcohol is still in your system, the full stomach lessen the effect of alcohol on your system.
Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 21, 2012
OS Farinde:

Alcohol is one of the best thing God created , in normal proportion it makes you feel good, ever wonder why the catholics drinks ?? and have you ever heard of the word . ' ITS 5'OCLOCK SOMEWHERE ' , One other good thing about Alcohol is that na beer palour argument dey sweet pass. (go confirm) .

I wonder how the world will be like without Alcohol , HYPER BORING !!!
you must be a good drinker of alcohol your self grin
Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by TestMan: 5:49pm On Feb 21, 2012
Its kills the brains cells,

Drink less but party hard smiley

gidiaffair.tumblr.com

YOLO
Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by LordReed(m): 6:38pm On Feb 21, 2012
Alcohol and drugs both enter the blood stream and are circulate throughout the body eventually getting to the brain.

When alcohol and drugs reach the brain they alter brain function in different ways. For alcohol as intoxication levels rise the first change is increased blood flow and sweating. Next is increased endorphin production making you feel happy. Next effect is eyesight and reflexes, at this point you become visible drunk what precedes this is an impact to the speech centers of the brain slurring speech.

Whitney Houston most likely died as a result of a combination of prescription drugs and alcohol.

Drink responsibly, alcohol can kill.
Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by dj5naira(m): 7:42pm On Feb 21, 2012
YES!!!
Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by Angielim: 6:02am On Feb 22, 2012
I think it not only affects the brain it also affect the body,
Re: Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? by muno1(m): 5:49pm On Aug 10, 2012
Alcohol affects the brain when you consume excess amount of it (its called alcoholic blackouts)

(1) (2) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For March 27 2021 In Nigeria / Constant Hotness Of The Body / Leprosy Outbreak In Gombe, Children Stricken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.