Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

Should Wenger Be Sacked? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Should Wenger Be Sacked? (5440 Views)

Nwakali And Chukwueze With Arsene Wenger & Nwankwo (Photos) / Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. / Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Wenger Be Sacked? by simongonner: 10:48pm On Feb 18, 2012
7 Seasons without a trophy yet he repeats same mistake year in year out,he should leave
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by Ibomade1: 3:33pm On Feb 20, 2012
Not sure if the duffy old french bageutte can be sacked.
I think he should be gently pushed out of the club cheesy cheesy
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by hane(m): 3:33pm On Feb 20, 2012
Yes
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by dare2think: 3:33pm On Feb 20, 2012
He is an over-rated manager.

Initially he did not believe in old players, yet he brought old players like henry,sol cambel, silvestre (his most stupi.d signing), lehman to the team.

He believes in a young team!!!! But they are all old now

lol

That he keeps using djorou says a lot
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 20, 2012
He should not only be sacked but also be flogged as well.
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by Projectors(m): 3:35pm On Feb 20, 2012
if we would be able to win trophy, nice.
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 20, 2012
dare2think:

He is an over-rated manager.

lol

I doubt if the word over-rated isn't fit enough to be used for managers, its either you are a good manager or a bad one.

Please refer to
http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2012/02/19/2915140/transfers-tactics-treatment-table-trouble-five-reasons-why
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Feb 20, 2012
YES!!!!!!!!

arsenal should sack arsene wenger and buy siasia!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by Projectors(m): 3:40pm On Feb 20, 2012
I believe in the power of starting each day with the motivational quote of the some of the greatest and successful men of our time!

JOIN MOTIVATING ZONE, RECEIVE MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE DAILY ON YOUR BLACKBERRY. SEND UR BB PIN TO 26D167E1. GET MOTIVATED AND BE SUCCESSFUL

Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by COMPAQ(m): 3:41pm On Feb 20, 2012
The guy has done his time at Arsenal and should go,
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by TomFord: 3:44pm On Feb 20, 2012
Perhaps its about time.The likes of Martin O'neil,David Moyes,that stoke manager are showing more class than a 'veteran'
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by scopusng(m): 3:46pm On Feb 20, 2012
Fools, where is Villa Boas?the most expensive epl managers, oh i see Chelsea is leading the epl table. Remember 49 matches on unbeating, won double twice and so on and now the man is not good enough. Maybe your father should take over from Wenger?
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by Kx: 3:47pm On Feb 20, 2012
No, he should nt be sacked.
Instead, he should be decorated and praised for qualifying them for champions league every season.
after all, is nt that the mandate arsenal board gave to him?
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by eghost247(m): 3:48pm On Feb 20, 2012
Ibo-made:

Not sure if the duffy old french bageutte can be sacked.
I think he should be gently pushed out of the club cheesy cheesy
hahah Baguette
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by onyxo76(m): 3:49pm On Feb 20, 2012
LAW of diminishing returns!!!
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by dare2think: 3:50pm On Feb 20, 2012
scopusng:

Fools, where is Villa Boas?the most expensive epl managers, oh i see Chelsea is leading the epl table. Remember 49 matches on unbeating, won double twice and so on and now the man is not good enough. Maybe your father should take over from Wenger?
Han Han boss, cool down na, na fight?
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by brosiye99(m): 3:51pm On Feb 20, 2012
If wenger doesnt go, that club wld continue to go down. truth is as an arsenal fan, i pray we finish like 6th or 7th dis season so that useless board can act and remove him. the target the board gave him these years is to finish 4th and he has been achieving that target since. let us come 7th dis season and then positive stuff wld start to happen.
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by bigsean(m): 3:51pm On Feb 20, 2012
7 years no trophy, not even crappy carling cup. what kind of big club is that? (guys wake up)

honestly i dont know if he should be sacked, but he's had a torrid time and the only reason its not looking worse off for arsenal, is simply because they are presently in default 4th position in the EPL not due to their hard work, but because chelsea and liverpool cant get there house in order.
sorry to say, but arsenal can't even finish 4th this season, and that is when u guys will know "shit just hit the fan."
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by iykak47: 3:53pm On Feb 20, 2012
If he is sacked, the question is will they management bring out money to buy more quality players, how much does an average player in arsenal cost and we expect  Wenger (the prof.} to compete against man city, man u and chelsea. better soup na money.
Arsene Wenger should be commended not condemned.

UP GUNNERS.
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by TomFord: 3:58pm On Feb 20, 2012
Possible replacement:Pep,Jose,O'neil,Redknapp,Leonardo,Capello(long shot),Rikard,Van Gaal,Moyes,Van Basten
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by Ibangap(m): 4:06pm On Feb 20, 2012
Do u remember dat song? 'Na d tin wey u give me papa, na him wey i dey bring am so'. who says its wenger's fault, he works wit wat he has and he gets d deserved results. D board should giv him money 4 quality players let him strenghten d team and lets see if he's not goin 2 achieve the feat he achieved in 2004, IN ARSENE I TRUST.
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by chyket(m): 4:08pm On Feb 20, 2012
Yes Sir!!!!!
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by davades(m): 4:11pm On Feb 20, 2012
I think it į̸̸̨§ high time he leaves
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by garnetty(m): 4:18pm On Feb 20, 2012
Most worrisome thing about this 'french retard' is that at the end of every disappointing outing, he makes silly excuses and permutations to justify his failure irrespective of constructive criticisms that he may learn one or two things from. Imagine him saying that making a fourth place slot in the premier league is winning a 'trophy' on its own. Positions on the league table is now a success benchmark for Arsene Wenger. I think this man i disillusioned about what success is all about especially in club football. Unfortunately, Board of Arsenal FC is not seeing anything wrong with his performance so far. Six years of trophy(less) administration is so ridiculous. I pity the fans who, despite this uncertainties, still travel in and out of London to watch the matches. Mctheeeeeewww!!!
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by bigsean(m): 4:21pm On Feb 20, 2012
Tom Ford:

Possible replacement:Pep,Jose,O'neil,Redknapp,Leonardo,Capello(long shot),Rikard,Van Gaal,Moyes,Van Basten
but u are aware that with arsenal's silly policies and mentality, they cant afford any of this guys, instead they'll go for one unknown manager and hope it comes good (exactly the way they buy players, lol grin)

and if on the other hand they can afford such a manager, then wenger is not the problem, so instead of getting rid of him, give a free hand to get the players he wants.

But this are big assumptions, personally i feel wenger is doing what he wants at arsenal and what he's doing is simply not working anymore, the whole blame the board tactics, is just one of arsenal numerous ways of blaming everything wrong for losing a game than themselves.
(if its not the pitch, its the ref, or fixture, or the weather, or the jersey, or the camera, etc)
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by bigsean(m): 4:25pm On Feb 20, 2012
garnetty:

Most worrisome thing about this 'french slowpoke' is that at the end of every disappointing outing, he makes silly excuses and permutations to justify his failure irrespective of constructive criticisms that he may learn one or two things from. Imagine him saying that making a fourth place slot in the premier league is winning a 'trophy' on its own. Positions on the league table is now a success benchmark for Arsene Wenger. I think this man i disillusioned about what success is all about especially in club football. Unfortunately, Board of Arsenal FC is not seeing anything wrong with his performance so far. Six years of trophy(less) administration is so ridiculous. I pity the fans who, despite this uncertainties, still travel in and out of London to watch the matches. Mctheeeeeewww!!!  
just saw the news on soccernet as well, wenger can say crap that makes u think, "is this guy for real?" Its a virtue to know when to shut the hell up.
obviously he skipped that class
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by MeAndYou(m): 4:32pm On Feb 20, 2012
I don't think Wenger is the soul culprit of Arsenal woe. I suspect the aka-gumness of the club board. Just average players day in day out.

You can checkout this interesting story though: http://chosennews.net/testimony/antagonistic-nollywood-director-saved-from-the-jaw-of-death/ - Source: Chosen News
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by DAY12(m): 4:36pm On Feb 20, 2012
Gunnas till i rot!
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by aribisala0(m): 4:46pm On Feb 20, 2012
well arsenal continue to outachieve liverpool since the reign of Arsene on a much smaller budget.

It really is not true that he has money to spend.

He cannot even keep the players he's got; Nasri,Fabregas,Adebayor,Toure,Clichy,Gallas.

It is naive to expect miracles after all the departures last season.

In fact it is a miracle they are where they are in the league

The Board are happy to use him as fall guy but truth is there is no money!! The reason he is not being sacked is he cooperates with the board in pretending he has money when really they are skint.

No credible manager will take the job without money to spend and there ain't any
Re: Should Wenger Be Sacked? by Legitimate: 4:49pm On Feb 20, 2012
No manager has achieved what Wenger has done in arsenal

(1) (2) (Reply)

Europa League: Manchester City Vs Sporting Lisbon (3 - 2) On March 15th 2012 / Liverpool Vs Stoke City (1 - 0) On 29th November 2014 / Manchester Utd vs Liverpool On 19th Sept: 3 - 2!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.